skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (333) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (8) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Rolling Start Date
    Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Make 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / Guarantee
    We’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    This blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

$549
    Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Refund / Guarantee
    This blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

$549
    Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    $699
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Make 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    $549
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
    Refund / Guarantee
    This blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

$549
    Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Refund / Guarantee
    Comfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    $549
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    $549
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    $549
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Refund / Guarantee
    A solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.

• Erika Price  User Photo
    Erika Price • Head of Marketing and Operations Verified via LinkedIn

I was initially intrigued to try Skillcrush because I found the 10 minute demo to be informative and captivating. The course has not disappointed! I'm enjoying the All Access class because they have pre-determined which courses I need and the best order to take them. I began with Visual Design and have now advanced through HTML and CSS.

The Visual Design class taught some design concepts and some technical tools. Although I've bumbled through Photoshop in the past, it's great to actually understand what it's all about. It's such a feature-rich tool that it was incredibly helpful to have guided instruction focusing my learning on the most important tools.

My favorite part about the class is the mix of video, text, and hands-on work. It toggles between all three which keeps me from getting bored which can so easily happen in an online class. Skillcrush is also very good about pointing you to all the extra online free resources (code validators, fonts, icons, etc.) you'll need to one day function on your own. There is also great support through both Google groups and online check-in calls where you can meet, as questions, and share your work with instructors and fellow students.

I'm not yet launched into the world of web design and coding, but based on my excellent experience thus far, I fully believe that I will be landing jobs before this class is over.

• Tamara • Student

I've managed to make it through the full set of modules in the HTML & CSS coding coursework and just need to get a domain name now.  It's impressive as I had no previous knowledge of coding and it seemed to be a big mystery to me to start with.  But, I highly rate the teaching style and engagement - learning always works when it is fun and you want to learn more and more and practice and practice...I'm managing the Break Into Tech Blueprint course whislt also doing an advanced excel course (figured I'd do the lot in one fell swoop) and moving across the Atlantic from the UK to Oregon, and working full time.  I'm saying all this to stress that this course is doable and flexible and fun.  I wish I had more time to totally dive in, but what I am gaining in knowledge and achieving in progress is brilliant.  The course allows you to think for yourself, encourages you to find your own answers for puzzling elements, yet the teaching crew and community are there to help you along and offer complete support.  I could go on and on... the sum of it is that I would recommend this course to anyone and everyone and I do!

• Taylor • Student

I do I recently became a stay at home mom needing a job. Then I found SkillCrush. After looking into it I finally decided to apply to the “Break Into Tech” Blueprint.

As a complete newbie to the tech industry it was a bit overwhelming to start, but the way the course is built, it really made it easy to learn. Furthermore the help given by all instructors is great, they are really there for you giving you insightful support. I have a long way to go, but I’m looking forward to the end result.

**I do wish some of the instructions were a little more clear, especially for those of us who are overhinkers / perfectionists**

• Melania Szilagyi • Applicant

I’m really happy I found Skillcrush. The Instructors are amazing and helpful. The whole course is really good. They don’t gove you all the answers which is good, because you need to find it on your own or with their help so you can learn more things and practice. I highly recommend to everyone who wants to change carriers or want to learn some new skills. 😊

• Mark • Student

After spending most of my career in sales, I decided I needed a change.  After extensive research I chose Skillcrush to learn the skills I would need.  The course work is self paced and appeals to a wide range of learning styles and skill levels.

The staff is excellent in responding to questions quickly and effectively.  The counseling sessions are one on one and very informative.

Overall I love Skillcrush and can't wait until I can apply what I am learning to launch a new career!

• Kitti

I was a beginner when started to learn with skillcrush how to build a website. I enjoy learning with skillcrush a lot, it explains the learning material in details and many times, slowly step-by-step. I especially like that there are not only texts but also videos (in which the teacher really enjoys what she does! [plus point] I appreciate very much that the skillcrush staff answers my questions quickly, they really care about the students. I offer everyone skillcrush with pleasure!

• Theodore Wonderlik • Student

Very reasonable pricing, supportive instructors, easy to follow lessons. You really can't go wrong with Skillcrush!

• Lauren W. • Student • Student

I started my tech-journey in another online coding bootcamp but it wasn't what I needed, so I decided to switch to Skillcrush. It provides a great teaching platform that includes videos, quizes, and course work that educates me in the way I learn best. The Skillcrush Slack community is great for connecting with fellow students and mentors who can help solve the tough questions. Overall I am really enjoying learning coding and highly recommend Skillcrush!

• Lacey Hochleutner, from Colorado

I come from absolute ZERO tech background. I'm currently working working full time, but learning to code in the evenings (classes are about 2-3 weeks, but its 'work at your own pace'). So far, I just completed the first course, "Skillcrush 101." That included learning HTML and CSS and coding my first website (and launching it this last week) all in about two months for me. I am so surprised that I am learning these new skills so easily through the SkillCrush moduels. It is challenging but very, very attainable. I am seeing new job opportunities opening for me already and I am really excited to continue with my next class! They do not leave you on your own, the instructors are so helpful and knowledgable and very sweet people. Connecting with fellow students and bouncing feedback off each other is so great as well. I highley, highley reccomend taking SkillCrush courses. It is worth every cent and more!

• Love Skillcrush
    - 2/15/2018
    Jeffrey Whelchel • Student

I love the instructional material Skillcrush has created.  I'm a long time computer user and programmer.  However, I take a break for about 4 years.  Didn't program during that time and when I decided to program again the world had moved on.  Even basic skills like HTML and CSS had changed a bit during that time.  I wanted something that would ease me back into the tech world without dumping too much on me at once.  Skillcrush is a great fit.  Every lesson has some valuable knowledge.  I feel like I'm getting back up to speed at a reasonable rate and I don't feel like I'm wasting my time with the parts I had experience with before because the discussions do a good job of explaining why the way Skillcrush wants me to tackle a problem is a best practice.

• Brad • Student

I've heard about coding for a while now. Heck, kids are learning it in elementary school, so at 59 I decided it was something I needed to pay attention to and possibly learn. I'm not the smartest on a computer but can eventually figure things out. So I looked at review after review of a number of online learning companies that offered coding and eventually narrowed the choices down to 2. On instinct I decided to go with Skillcrush and do the Break Into Tech Blueprint Program. In under 2 weeks I've coded and am about to launch my first website. I'm pretty impressed.

I've found the lessons and content to be so easy to learn. Adda provides clear, concise and valuable information in her videos and the following flow of education has checks and balances along the way to ensure I've been getting what I've been told and shown. Everything is broken down into steps that make the learning and the eventual goal not only attainble but without almost any stress. A couple of times I just couldn't figure something out and when I reached out the instructors and the support system in place, I was again very impressed with how fast responses and guidance came. I would definitely recommend Skillcrush if someone is wanting to learn how to code.

• Zachariah Dunlap • Student

I spent nearly 2 months reviewing and searching for an online set of courses that allowed me to take all of the course work online while still having access to instructors, other students and support when needed.

Skillcrush ticked all of those boxes for me and I could not be happier to have purchased the Break Into Tech Blueprint and have full access to so much material.

I am extremely pleased with the structure of courses and with the course work as well as all of the support provided by the Skillcrush team. I have no doubt in my mind that if I work through the blueprint and practice the skills I am learning that I can turn this into a promising career.

If you're looking to become a developer I highly recommend looking at Skillcrush, it is hands-down one of the best sites for this kind of coursework out there.

• Kelvin • Student

I just finished the HTML & CSS class. I spent two days banging my palm on my forehead trying to figure out padding in a Photoshop comp. The course held my hand when I needed it and let it go when I needed it. I had to figure things out on my own. It was challenging. But developers have to figure things out on their own every day! It was hands-on training. I went from knowing nothing about coding to coding my first professional website within a couple of weeks. I had no idea how much I would love learning to code. What an unexpected surprise! WhenI realized how much power I had at my fingertips, I became addicted. I feel more confident now knowing I have a highly marketable tech skill about which I feel so passionate. Looking forward to learning more and working in this field.

• Teeba

I never thought an online course can be so personal, loving and flexible. The skillcrush course is so easy to follow, with different videos and reads, in such a personal and fun matter! I feel connected to the Skill Crush team, instructors and community even though I have not met any yet. I would recommend SkillCrush to anyone who is wanting to move into tech in a relaxed, flexible yet productive manner. GO SKILLCRUSHERS!

• The good programmer • .net web developer • Student

The way of teaching blows my mind , the ta’s And the owners are so professional. I hope one day I meet them in Person and let them know that I’m full of gratitude for finding them online . I try every possible boot camp online and nothing compares to this .

• Demaris Beyene • Student

I can say I am very happy so far with my experience with Skillcrush! I was confident in my decision to join the program after the free 10-day Bootcamp. If you're on the fence about signing up to take the full course, I highly recommend the free10-day Bootcamp; it'll give you a clear sense of what your signing up for and the things you learn in the Career Blueprint.

I have finished Skillcrush 107 and now I am on the HTML/CSS lessons now. The Skillcrush program is easy to follow, but it's very important to set aside time each day to stay on track and on a good timetable.

I am happy with the amount of interaction I have with my instructors, and that there are multiple opportunities to connect, from Google Groups, Live Feedback Sessions and Office hours. I enjoy being able to get feedback from instructors and classmates.

• Nicol • Virtual Administrative Assistant

My experience with the beginning of the Skillcrush [BREAK INTO TECH BLUEPRINT], has been nothing short of impressive. While I've had quite a few moments where I thought I wouldn't grasp a project, I got past it and felt more empowered to continue moving forward.

The Skillcrush Support Team has responded to my desparate cries for help within hours and gave me just enough help without giving me "all the answers", and enough to make me think (strain may be a better word to describe me, haha), and figure things out on my own as well. I think it would be a disservice if they gave us the answers flatout. This way, we are learning to look, search and dig deeper which ultimately makes us stronger.

I hesitated for nearly a year on taking this full course but once I tried out Skillcrush's 10 Day FREE Bootcamp I was sold on giving this full class a try, and I'm very thankful. I look forward to what the future brings.

Thank you Skillcrush! ;)

• Haley Brittingham • Marketing and Business Development • Graduate

I actually purchased the Web Development Blueprint two summers ago but started graduate school a few weeks later and finishing my blueprint took a back seat, but finally two years later I am back at it. I love and truly appreciate that I still have access to this curriculum as many other online programs prevent you from accessing the information and modules after a certain timeframe. For this reason, after I finish this blueprint I plan on signing up for their business/freelancing blueprints to help me launch my own business.

As far as the actual learning experience goes, Adda breaks it down step by step and really makes it really easy to learn. Skillcrush provides that perfect balance of learning very technical topics while having fun!

I haven't used all of the resources such as the group chat and connecting one-on-one with an instructor, but I have referenced their blog and attended webinars which are all very helpful and encouraging.

Overall, I highly recommend Skillcrush because it provides access to learning skills at a very reasonable price (I personally wouldn't have been able to fork out the dough for other online programs). The platform is great, the emails from Adda are always encouraging and I do feel like she truly cares about her students which is really awesome!

I could go on, but I have some coding to do thanks to Skillcrush :)

• Great for anyone!
    - 12/3/2017
    Morgan Segura • Senior UI/UX Developer • Student

SkillCrush.com is a wonderful resource for anyone looking to work in the field of Web Design or Web Development. I have been working in this industry for over a decade and have read articles and used many tutorials to stay ahead in this everchanging profession but none like skillcrush. I have learned a lot taking these online courses and lifetime access means I can continue to venture back to the site anytime they update sections or add new ones.

What I like about SkillCrush:

• Very well organized and thoughtout learning process
    • Self paced and provides a clear path throughout
    • Great community of like minded students to healp and learn from
    • Amazing instructors, staff and career development specialists
    • They offer class events where you can work online with an instructor and ask any questions you'd like
    • A great library of master classes that go into great detail about specific topics
    • Short, enternaining and easy to follow (not lengthy, boring and mind boggling) videos with great instructors and graphics
    • They teach what you need to know
    • They offer a ton of hints, best practices, resources, quizes, template files, etc.
    • You learn and build actual projects for your portfolio (including a portfolio to display them in)
    • The program is goal oriented and focused on getting you educated, prepared and out into the job market quickly
    • This is the most affordable Bootcamp style website I have found

While there are many more great qualities offered at SkillCrush these a re few to give you an inside scoop to what it is like to be a student. I hope that if you are truly interested in becoming a Designer or Web Developer you take SkillCrush seriously as a resource for accomplishing that goal. Thank you for your time.

Morgan Segura, B.S., M.I.S | Senior UI/UX Developer

• student
    - 11/6/2017
    Susan Kiley

Skillcrush teaches me in the way I learn best.  I cannot skip key (and hard) concepts which is good for me.

• Joel • Student

I signed up recently and found the material to be well arranged and put-together. They clearly did a decent job of designing the course work. Now for the trouble:

1. There is really no way to guage the success rate of their graduates. There are hundreds of students, and only a handful of them give any sort of testimony(I think this is the case with many schools). They give you a 30 day refundable window, but the trouble is that you can't tell if this is going to work out for you in 30 days, especially if you are doing this part time.

2. One thing they DON'T tell you in advance is that you have tp purchase software, and later, domains. The software with cost between 40-100 dollars per month.(I don't know what the domain costs)They give no HINT of this when they are sending marketing emails to get you to sign up, but spring it on you after class starts. I asked them about this, and their answer was glibly stated as "sorry for the 'misunderstanding'".

3. Be careful of schools with excessingly high review numbers(this school gets about 4.8 on this site). I don't know exactly how all reviews are generated, but I've seen this sort of thing in the past. Without going into detail here, just understand that it is possible, and often is the case, that review numbers get skewed upward intentionally. I simply think that a Skillcrush student who is unhappy gets his/her refund(which in fairness to them, they will give without an argument) and forgets about it without leaving a review.

4. I found instructors and any sort of assistance to be inaccessibe. They try to stear you to the community or FAQs, which is fine on a certain level, but if you are a student you need to get an answer from a qualified instructor in a timely fashion. I don't think they deliver well on this.

Bottom line, let the buyer beware. Some other reviewers have recommended Lynda or some other free or inexpensive sources. I think that's a good option for some. Skillcrush didn't work out well for me. That doesn't mean it won't for others. I'm sure they're glad to see me go, they likely viewed me as a trouble maker. That's fine. All I wanted was to be given a straight answer from the start(about cost, expectations and everything else), which they won't do. The bottom line is I think that the thing they do best is market themselves. Thanks for reading.

• Skillcrush Review
    - 10/15/2017
    Soraya

Skillcrush is awesome! Each lesson is presented in a way that makes learning web design and code fun and easy. I would highly recommend Skillcrush to anyone with an interest in joining the tech field.

• Michael Harrison • Student

Skillcrush is an excellent resource for anyone trying to break into coding. That said, it will not be for everyone.

It is important to understand how Skillcrush works before investing in a blueprint. From my own experience: I purchased the Front End Developer Blueprint. I spent on average somewhere between an hour and two hours every weekday for about three months (with the occasional week off). In that time, I worked through four classes focused on HTML, CSS, Javascript, Git, and Responsive Web Development. Classes were a mix of video, reading, and hands on exercises. Personally, this worked great for me. It gave me the time and flexibility to work through the material at my own pace, spend extra time on subjects I had more difficulty with, and if I was well and truly stuck, I could reach out to my fellow classmates via forum, or speak directly with the instructors using Zoom.

Obviously, this will not be the right way to learn for some others. People who want to go all in and get to work as fast as possible will most likely be better served by a more rigorous program that demands more time from its students, but is spread out over a shorter period. Skillcrush's time commitment is very much up to the student. If you spent ten hours a day on lessons and worked weekends, clearly it would not take three months. That said, students interested in learning at such a pace might be better served by another service that is built with such speed in mind. A note in Skillcrush's favor though, these programs are usually significantly more expensive than what Skillcrush offers.

Ultimately, you get out of Skillcrush what you put in. Yes, instructors, alumni, and other students will help you. There is a catalog of additional master classes to watch. There are career materials to work through to help with getting a job in the industry. But all of this is reliant on the student. As much as Skillcrush does to make the process as painless as possible, they do not do the work for you. If you do not feel like you have the self-discipline to keep up, or would prefer to work with instructors in person, then a different program will most likely be a better fit. For those who do feel comfortable learning remotely, Skillcrush is offers several programs for getting into coding, all reasonably priced, and with a bevy of extra materials for the students willing to get as much out of their course as they can.

• Qayla Chism • Frontend Developer • Student

Im currently enrolled in the Frontend Developer Blueprint and it's amazing. It starts out a bit easy if you're a little familiar with HTML and CSS but it gradually progresses with challenging coursework which I enjoy. It makes me feel like I'm actually learning and able to do stuff on my own and I can contact them for help at any time. Also I love the Office Hours!

• R. Knox • Student

You know the adage... "You can't teach an old dog new tricks...."

Well, Skillcrush is giving that statement a run for its money :)

I have been "self-taught" in design for over a decade. My philosophy to commit to being a lifelong student has allowed me to learn what I needed as I progressed along. As I began the first track of my Blueprint to say I was skeptical is an understatement, especially when I saw how short and concise the modules were.  After the first two classes, I was like "OH NO!" what did I just do? I could have learned this on my own on some free site with Professor Google and Dr. Youtube.

But obviously, I was not paying attention when Ada said the course is designed to be easy and then increase in complexity.  By my fifth module, I was literally doing a happy dance. Not only was I learning short cuts to things that used to take me much longer to do, the way the learning modules are set up WORKS! You are not inundated with a lot of information.  I liken it to building a house.  You get a foundation and then you add the beams for the walls, then the plaster, then roofing, etc... you get my drift.

At the end of the first leg of my All Access Blueprint track which was called Visual Design, I already see why we started there and are progressing on into actual coding.  Now, you have to exercise self-discipline with any online course.

Let's talk community!  When you first join you introduce yourself to the sea of other Skillcrushers.  And slowly you begin to interact with constructive feedback, encouragement and yes HELP from people who may be further along.  Not once have I felt alone in this and as I stated before I am no spring chicken :)

My first instructor that I could call out to for help was PHENOMENAL.  She didn't make me feel stupid for asking what may have been obvious questions.  She was thorough, she was helpful and booking office hours was easy. I am excited as I move forward and I feel reassured that if I hit a wall there will be someone there to assist me.  All I have to do is seek for the help and I will get a response.

As I am almost 80% complete with my next track, I can't believe how confident I feel in what I have learned. From the staff, to the additional resources provided, to the structure of the course...I am glad I made this investment in my future and took the leap to explore. I dare say if I can do this... honey child...ANYBODY can do this!