skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (358) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (9) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.

• Kandis  User Photo
    Kandis • Student Verified via GitHub

I considered signing up for Skillcrush for a couple months before finally doing it. I tried using a Udemy front-end dev class, did a free JavaScript class through flatironschool, and created a WordPress blog. The Udemy course was the closest I came to feeling like I was actually preparing for the real world, but the level of instruction and the community just wasn't enough for me.

I signed up for the Skillcrush Break-Into-Tech blueprint a couple weeks ago and I couldn't be more pleased with my choice. I'm on my final project for the first class of the "foundation" section (HTML/CSS), and I've already created a couple projects to add to my portfolio (see https://www.kandisflick.com and https://codepen.io/kj0y/pen/YOJdJy). I'm learning so much more efficiently than I was on my own.

Last, but not least, the community is amazing. I've posted both of my projects on the community's Slack channel and have gotten only respectful feedback. Trolls aren't allowed in this community. It's also largely female, which probably helps with that!

• Marko Vasiljevic  User Photo
    Marko Vasiljevic • Engineer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

This really is a course where you can work couple of hours a day to upgrade your knowledge and fulfil tasks. I worked in Drupal before but I wish I took this course earlier; it would spare me endless hacked tutorials on internet and make my learning more effective.

Good thing is that you really have all the explanations you need in lessons. Tasks are solved.

The only real problem I had was installing XAMP on my PC, but that was partly because I had something else installed. I had to google it a long time...

• Stephanie Brown  User Photo
    Stephanie Brown • Front End Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The Skillcrush experience is an exceptional value. The interface is pleasant to use and the support is amazing. I find the learning environment to be both empowering and inspiring. From the CEO to each of the trainers and teaching assistants, everyone is so patient and encouraging to those of us learning to code and transitioning into the tech industry.

This was my second experience with Skillcrush.  I took the Web Developer Blueprint with them in 2014.  I am an older learner with adult children. I spent years running from technology by pursuing web development as a hobby rather than considering it a career because I felt my age and educational background excluded me from the industry.  I looked at A LOT of other bootcamps and immersion programs when I first started considering structured learning.  I've also taken countless online courses and tutorials because I find I learn best online. Skillcrush was the best fit for me.

My son is in college now studying Computer Game Design and Development. On more than one occasion he's asked me to be the fresh eye on something he's coding for one of his programming classes.  Even in a different language I've been able to help him.  I don't know I'd be confident enough to even attempt it were it not for what I've learned in my Blueprints.

The best part of Skillcrush for me is the that at any time I can go back to the courses I've taken and the projects I've completed as part of the course and revisit them as a refresher or to make improvements. Right now my immediate goal is to implement all the amazing advice and tools they make available in the career section to finally launch my freelance business.

• Brianna  User Photo
    Brianna • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I just finished the Skillcrush Freelance Wordpress Blueprint, and it's my second Skillcrush Blueprint! I also completed the Front-End Web Developer Blueprint a few months ago. Both experiences were fantastic.

I have never been a good self-teacher, as I constantly have questions and often need things explained to me a few times over. Unsurprisingly, I was nervous to take an online class, for fear it would make me feel frustrated and be a waste of my time. But with Skillcrush, I feel like I have a team of teachers guiding me, and a room of students supporting me.

The teachers (yes, plural) are super responsive over email, and the lessons guide you along the work slowly, and there is something for every type of learner. There are videos, step-by-step instructions, and plenty of outside resources. The number of things to do rarely feels overwhelming, as the lessons break it down so simply.

We have a Google group for everyone taking the class at the same time. Students post their work, share issues, and discuss the class overall. The teachers help students solve any issues with their work while guiding us in the proper way to ask tech questions, since many students have never done that before (it really is a valuable skill!). That's one of the most awesome things about the courses--it caters to those of us who are newer to the tech world and might feel completely lost in it. They explain the way that other more experienced developers tend to think about certain concepts (tabs vs spaces, ack!) and give you an introduction to the culture.

The courses were fun and challenging and super rewarding. Not to mention they are amazing resources to go back to once you launch your career in tech (which can seriously be right after finishing the course).

It's like Skillcrush pushes you to more than a head start--it pushes you to half way down the track.

• Rebecca  User Photo
    Rebecca • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I love how friendly and welcoming the course is. As a beginner and as a female I'm not daunted or over-whelmed by it being too technical or by feeling that others know more than I do. There is a good mix of videos, reading and practice examples that help to move you along quickly and keep you interested. However, it does go over some things a bit quickly so if you really want to learn the subject deeply you may need to do some of your own research and plenty of practicing. I have found the course to be a great introduction and it has motivated me to keep learning.

• Pamela Alvarez  User Photo
    Pamela Alvarez • Web Developer • Student Verified via GitHub

I'm about nearly done with my Skillcrush WordPress Developer Blueprint and I'm so glad that I took it! When it comes to choosing a bootcamp, I worry over whether it be lacking or too challenging. Skillcrush has perfected the ideal medium. The lessons are engaging and challenging enough not to stress you out. If you happen not to understand a lesson or have a bug on your project. Then you have the amazing mentors who are crazy fast with responding to you. They have even helped me with questions that were further advanced than what's taught. These mentors, I have noticed have great patience with getting a student to comprehension. They will answer in a way to get you to figure out the answer to your question before giving you the answer.There are also a group and one-on-one video call that you can schedule to join in. The students in my blueprint have been helpful as well. It's a comfortable vibe and an encouraging community.

There are plenty of resources. Tons! The pacing of the curriculum is doable and organized. Even if you fall behind with the schedule that they provide you. It's okay. You can always catch up and you can even go ahead of the pace. The mentors will still be in assistances to your questions.

In regard to job assistance, you can subscribe to a weekly job list via email and with this blueprint get an apprenticeship. The apprenticeship is stack with information of how to get a client or job. Once you attain a client and have any questions, the mentors will help you. I haven't finished my apprenticeship yet but have somewhat finished my site: https//:artistwhocodes.com

I'm enjoying my time with Skillcrush. I wished that I joined sooner than I did. Hope my review was helpful to anyone who's considering of joining.

• Vicki Greer  User Photo
    Vicki Greer Verified via LinkedIn

I just finishd the Front End Developer Blueprint from Skillcrush, and it was amazing.  The classes were definitely challenging and fun.  The instructors were friendly and very helpful. They were quick to respond to questions posted in the class forum.  while the class does have a recommended schedule, you can proceed at your own pace if you're having trouble, or, conversely, if you aleady know something and want to move more quickly.

I liked it enough that I'm going back for more.  I just started the WordPress Developer blueprint a few days ago.  I'm also digging further into JavaScript in all my (copious) spare time.

Blueprints are a group of related classes (usually 3 or 4) that allow you to cover topics in more depth.  A Blueprint typically lasts about 3 months.

Adda and company have done something wonderful for folks who are new to tech, and for folks who want a guided way to brush up their skills or learn something new.  You won't graduate knowing everything you need to get a senior-level development post, but you'll have a solid foundation and the knowledge of how, and where, to keep on learning.

• Why Skillcrush?
    - 2/23/2017
    Shellie Wilson  User Photo
    Shellie Wilson • Writer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

If you want to get into the tech industry, learn and have fun, Skillcrush is for you. I was looking for something new and stumbled upon Skillcrush. It piqued my interest and I took a free boot camp course they offered. It took me a couple of weeks to take the leap in signing up for an actual blueprint. During that time they reached out to me with very encouraging emails. They really connected with me. I feel like Adda is one of my best friends even though we have never spoken to each other.

Anyway, the best thing about this course is the structure and interaction. It is a manageable pace, just a class a day that takes about 1 hour depending on how much you practice. With each step or new concept, you are lead through some practice exercises which really cement the concepts and codes in your mind. The Office Hours are great. You connect online with a teacher and other classmates. It is a place to ask questions and get real answers that help. There is laughter and it is a very accepting and comfortable place to engage. Skillcrush has worked out all the bugs of how to offer an online course and they know their stuff about the body of knowledge for HTML and CSS.

I never dreamed this class would be so fun and engaging. This class really is going to offer me opportunities I would never have had. When opportunity knocks, you need to open the door to see what's on the other side. I am glad Skillcrush presented the door to me and I opened it! No regrets!

• Alvin  User Photo
    Alvin • Student Verified via GitHub

Seems most of the material of their front-end wordpress glaze over things and do not go into detail on the subjects. Better spending money on Lynda.

• Michael Scott  User Photo
    Michael Scott • Student Success Advisor • Applicant Verified via LinkedIn

I am about 2 weeks in to the Front End Developer Blueprint and I would highly recommend this Blueprint or investing in Skillcrush. I've gone through programs such as Udacity, Udemy, and Codeacademy, but what I like about Skillcrush's curriculum is that it takes a slow and steady approach to learning concepts for new beginners. I am very much a beginner and the curriculum has helped me to follow along and help me retain the information. Other programs seem like they take a giant leap in their curriculum and it's hard to keep up. Plus, Skillcrush seems to be geared for visual learners.

The only critique (which is very minor) would be the "Mark as complete" option when we get to practice coding. Sometimes I think it would be helpful to show me my errors in the text editor before I move on to the next section. I think I have been able to move on to the next sections by completing the exercises, but I'm not 100% sure if they are correct.

All in all, I have really enjoyed this experience and I would definitely recommend this program not just to a female demographic, but a male demographic too. I like the push for women in tech and I think Skillcrush does a great job to empower women and learners in general. Thank you Skillcrush and I hope to become an outstanding Alumni and seek a full-time web developer job!

• Dana O'Neil  User Photo
    Dana O'Neil • Mom Verified via LinkedIn

I am currently finishing up week 2 of the Skillcrush Front end Development Blueprint and I have already had several aha moments. I will admit I am a woman and I have limited experience with coding and the decision to begin was difficult. I was intimidated. I have been a stay at home Mom for the past 16 years and thinking that I could start a brand new career in my 40's was terrifying and to be honest I thought was impossible. Then came Skillcrush. Adda has provided a curriculum that is user friendly and the environment is encouraging. By the end of week one curriculum I feel like I have a soldi grasp of HTML basics. My confidence level is skyrocketing and I for the first time believe I can have a career as a front end developer. Thank you Skillcrush for providing an education that speaks to me and for providing this curriculum in several different mediums to reach the different levels that I learn. I look forward to the next lesson and find that I lose track of time as I am actually enjoying my education. I can't wait to complete this Blueprint and begin the next one!