skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (340) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (9) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.

• Angela Barnes  User Photo
    Angela Barnes • Student Verified via GitHub

I am new to the tech industry so I was nervous starting with Skillcrush, but it really has been so welcoming. There is always someone willing to help from instructors to fellow students. The culture here is fun, energetic, and genuinely caring. I would suggest Skillcrush to anyone. I love it so far!

• Pamela Alvarez  User Photo
    Pamela Alvarez • Web Developer • Student Verified via GitHub

I'm about nearly done with my Skillcrush WordPress Developer Blueprint and I'm so glad that I took it! When it comes to choosing a bootcamp, I worry over whether it be lacking or too challenging. Skillcrush has perfected the ideal medium. The lessons are engaging and challenging enough not to stress you out. If you happen not to understand a lesson or have a bug on your project. Then you have the amazing mentors who are crazy fast with responding to you. They have even helped me with questions that were further advanced than what's taught. These mentors, I have noticed have great patience with getting a student to comprehension. They will answer in a way to get you to figure out the answer to your question before giving you the answer.There are also a group and one-on-one video call that you can schedule to join in. The students in my blueprint have been helpful as well. It's a comfortable vibe and an encouraging community.

There are plenty of resources. Tons! The pacing of the curriculum is doable and organized. Even if you fall behind with the schedule that they provide you. It's okay. You can always catch up and you can even go ahead of the pace. The mentors will still be in assistances to your questions.

In regard to job assistance, you can subscribe to a weekly job list via email and with this blueprint get an apprenticeship. The apprenticeship is stack with information of how to get a client or job. Once you attain a client and have any questions, the mentors will help you. I haven't finished my apprenticeship yet but have somewhat finished my site: https//:artistwhocodes.com

I'm enjoying my time with Skillcrush. I wished that I joined sooner than I did. Hope my review was helpful to anyone who's considering of joining.

• Vicki Greer  User Photo
    Vicki Greer Verified via LinkedIn

I just finishd the Front End Developer Blueprint from Skillcrush, and it was amazing.  The classes were definitely challenging and fun.  The instructors were friendly and very helpful. They were quick to respond to questions posted in the class forum.  while the class does have a recommended schedule, you can proceed at your own pace if you're having trouble, or, conversely, if you aleady know something and want to move more quickly.

I liked it enough that I'm going back for more.  I just started the WordPress Developer blueprint a few days ago.  I'm also digging further into JavaScript in all my (copious) spare time.

Blueprints are a group of related classes (usually 3 or 4) that allow you to cover topics in more depth.  A Blueprint typically lasts about 3 months.

Adda and company have done something wonderful for folks who are new to tech, and for folks who want a guided way to brush up their skills or learn something new.  You won't graduate knowing everything you need to get a senior-level development post, but you'll have a solid foundation and the knowledge of how, and where, to keep on learning.

• Why Skillcrush?
    - 2/23/2017
    Shellie Wilson  User Photo
    Shellie Wilson • Writer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

If you want to get into the tech industry, learn and have fun, Skillcrush is for you. I was looking for something new and stumbled upon Skillcrush. It piqued my interest and I took a free boot camp course they offered. It took me a couple of weeks to take the leap in signing up for an actual blueprint. During that time they reached out to me with very encouraging emails. They really connected with me. I feel like Adda is one of my best friends even though we have never spoken to each other.

Anyway, the best thing about this course is the structure and interaction. It is a manageable pace, just a class a day that takes about 1 hour depending on how much you practice. With each step or new concept, you are lead through some practice exercises which really cement the concepts and codes in your mind. The Office Hours are great. You connect online with a teacher and other classmates. It is a place to ask questions and get real answers that help. There is laughter and it is a very accepting and comfortable place to engage. Skillcrush has worked out all the bugs of how to offer an online course and they know their stuff about the body of knowledge for HTML and CSS.

I never dreamed this class would be so fun and engaging. This class really is going to offer me opportunities I would never have had. When opportunity knocks, you need to open the door to see what's on the other side. I am glad Skillcrush presented the door to me and I opened it! No regrets!

• Alvin  User Photo
    Alvin • Student Verified via GitHub

Seems most of the material of their front-end wordpress glaze over things and do not go into detail on the subjects. Better spending money on Lynda.

• Michael Scott  User Photo
    Michael Scott • Student Success Advisor • Applicant Verified via LinkedIn

I am about 2 weeks in to the Front End Developer Blueprint and I would highly recommend this Blueprint or investing in Skillcrush. I've gone through programs such as Udacity, Udemy, and Codeacademy, but what I like about Skillcrush's curriculum is that it takes a slow and steady approach to learning concepts for new beginners. I am very much a beginner and the curriculum has helped me to follow along and help me retain the information. Other programs seem like they take a giant leap in their curriculum and it's hard to keep up. Plus, Skillcrush seems to be geared for visual learners.

The only critique (which is very minor) would be the "Mark as complete" option when we get to practice coding. Sometimes I think it would be helpful to show me my errors in the text editor before I move on to the next section. I think I have been able to move on to the next sections by completing the exercises, but I'm not 100% sure if they are correct.

All in all, I have really enjoyed this experience and I would definitely recommend this program not just to a female demographic, but a male demographic too. I like the push for women in tech and I think Skillcrush does a great job to empower women and learners in general. Thank you Skillcrush and I hope to become an outstanding Alumni and seek a full-time web developer job!

• Dana O'Neil  User Photo
    Dana O'Neil • Mom Verified via LinkedIn

I am currently finishing up week 2 of the Skillcrush Front end Development Blueprint and I have already had several aha moments. I will admit I am a woman and I have limited experience with coding and the decision to begin was difficult. I was intimidated. I have been a stay at home Mom for the past 16 years and thinking that I could start a brand new career in my 40's was terrifying and to be honest I thought was impossible. Then came Skillcrush. Adda has provided a curriculum that is user friendly and the environment is encouraging. By the end of week one curriculum I feel like I have a soldi grasp of HTML basics. My confidence level is skyrocketing and I for the first time believe I can have a career as a front end developer. Thank you Skillcrush for providing an education that speaks to me and for providing this curriculum in several different mediums to reach the different levels that I learn. I look forward to the next lesson and find that I lose track of time as I am actually enjoying my education. I can't wait to complete this Blueprint and begin the next one!

• Heather  User Photo
    Heather Verified via LinkedIn

So far I am really enjoying the skillcrush program! I am doing to the Wordpress Bootcamp which entails the Front-end Developer, Web Design and Wordpress Developer blueprints. The lessons have been fun to learn and just enough information is given to teach you the materials but not overwhelm and freak you out. I am only two weeks in on the Front-end Developer blueprint which is all the basics of building a website. There are many resources for you to use as you go through each lesson including your class group, which is really helpful! My only suggestion as of now that would make it better is for during the practice in each lesson. It doesn't tell you if your code is right or wrong and it is a little difficult to know if your doing it the right or most concise way. All in all, I am enjoying my time so far and cannot wait for more!

•  Andreas Markou  User Photo
    Andreas Markou • Software support consultant • Student Verified via LinkedIn

The best learning experience I have come across. Skillcrush is welcoming from the very first contact and does everything possible to make the learning experience fit the individual. There is no-pressure with the 'try it and see' experience via the Introductory Bootcamps to help you decide if it is for you. There is ongoing flexibility for choosing, changing or adding learning modules. There is always a quick human response to requests for help with any issue or question.

The module content is authoritative and well organised, just the right amount & depth for initial understanding and practice of concepts, with plenty of links to etxra resources when you want more. They style of audio visual and written material is upbeat, positive and engaging. At the end of each week it's impressive to see how much has actually been covered.

All perspectives of professional web work are covered: - design .v. development, creative .v. technical, choosing the necessary software tools, establishing your credentials via portfolio and resume preparation. Course delivery is by a great team of people with real world experience and knowledge. An extended network of Skillcrush associates provide additional free 'Master Classes' on a wide range of professional workplace topics.

• James • Graduate
    I joined Skillcrush in 2018 on the promise that with the online courses I would be able to get a job in Tech. I spent $1,500 and... The soft skills taught in this program are NOT employable skills if you want a ‘good job’.  I did learn how to build a website and some coding..BUT, this did NOT open any doors. I am now back to University as a Computer Science Major and am now learning ‘real skills’ that ARE employable.  Don’t be fooled by the hype.  Skillcrush is not worth it!
  • Unfairly Executed • Student

If you are a man and you want to learn coding I promise you there are other places you could go that are much better than this joke of a coding school. They claim they are a coding school with a heart but that is all a bunch of {redacted}.  They banned me for life for a misunderstanding without even trying to understand my culture or me as a person, They branded me and then banned me. Even after I apologized. The crazed feminist culture in that company is stifling. If you do decide to join skillcrush and you are a man keep your head completely down and know that if you make the female overlords unhappy they will destroy you under the false pretense of doing it "for the best" The courses were ok but if you ask me not worth the money at all you could certainly get the same information online on Udemy or Udacity or other great sites like Treehouse or Pluralsight. Yes, you get feedback from teachers via email or via slack but that again is a dangerous thing if you are a man, This company is terrible and with directors like {name redacted} and {name redacted} you would do better finding a much better- more positive company. The company lies, they are not a coding school with a heart, they are just a coding school with a heart for women only.

• Tannie Duong • Visual Designer • Student

I went into this course closing my eyes and falling through. They seemed genuine and honest in their first marketing pitch I saw back in the end of 2017, and beginning of 2018. I remember there was quite a bit promised; if there was one thing that the marketing did, it promised a slew of tech pathway courses that would help you become a "full stack developer," but I think the Break Into Tech Blueprint Course that was offered is geared a lot more towards front-end development. I didn't quite understand the terms very well when I first started, but have since decided on a particular pathway now that I'm near completion.

My experience with this online schooling program has been very positive. In hindsight, you really get a whole lot for less than $2000 grand; I went to 6 year private art university and haven't felt nearly as prepared to find work as this course. That said, my learning was a supplement for my current degree, in which I want to evolve it into another career pathway. Without what I learned in my previous school, everything would have been much more time consuming.

What I can say is that online schooling is very different from a hands-on classroom -- there are instructors ready to help you with any questions you may have, but sometimes, its hard to just learn on your own. Some people thrive, this way, and some others do not. If you have trouble through the silent moments when you have no one to talk to, any online schooling program is not for you. Despite not having a real time instructor, this forced me on many occasions to problem-solve solutions for myself; which is actually a valuable skill to have in any job application, and probably a big part of being in any kind of tech development job. To sum this up, it's incredibly frustrating to feel alone while you're learning this way (and you're not always alone, there's a slack community of students, alums, and teachers), but actually, the reward is well-worth the madness sometimes.

For my time spent on this course, I learned a great deal about HTML/CSS core principles, basic Javascript to get me through the door, and a better graphic/visual design arsenal geared towards web design/development. Well, worth the time and money I put in.

Highly recommended.