skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is a woman-owned, independent, online coding & design school founded in 2012. Skillcrush offers both free and paid programs, including the self-paced Break Into Tech + Job Guarantee program, which prepares students for entry-level positions in front end development and design. Skillcrush is on a mission to empower career changers — with a special focus on women and BIPOC — with the technical skills they need to transition into higher-earning, more fulfilling and flexible careers in tech.

Students who enroll in the Break Into Tech program will have access to both the Front End Developer and Designer career tracks. The curriculum covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Git, Github, visual design fundamentals, and more. Once students complete the technical skill building portion of the Break Into Tech (about 16-20 weeks), they receive 180 days of hands-on job search support including 1-on-1 and group coaching, and the opportunity to interview with Skillcrush employer partners.

Skillcrush is an open enrollment school, so no application is necessary. Skillcrush has trained over 20,000 students, and has an over 90% success rate of placing students in qualified jobs with an average time to get hired of 8-10 weeks.

Skillcrush offers tuition assistance for people who are unemployed, full-time students, and current or former military service members. Skillcrush encourages students to email hello@skillcrush.com to discuss payment options.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (412) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (10) articles about Skillcrush →
  • (1) Break Into Tech Program + Job Guarantee: Front End Developer Track

Our Front End Developer course is an online, self-paced, comprehensive job training program that includes 180 days of career support and is backed by our job guarantee. In as little as three months, you’ll go from zero coding knowledge to being a job ready front end developer with skills in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Git, and React with our accessible, fun, and expertly designed coursework — which includes tons of real-world practice and 1-on-1 instructor support and mentorship. Once you’re job ready, you’ll enter our program’s Get Hired portion, where you’ll receive 180 days of job search support, including 1-on-1 coaching on your resume, portfolio, and interviewing skills. You’ll also learn our unusual — but extremely effective — job search strategy, attend weekly group coaching and communicate with your career coaches and fellow job seekers via Slack and email, and have the opportunity to talk to Skillcrush employer hiring partners. We’re so confident in our process that we'll fully refund your entire program fee if you haven’t received a qualified offer within 180 days of starting your job search.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $229 or one payment of $2499
    Refund / GuaranteeJob Guarantee: Full refund if you have not received a "qualified" job offer within 180 days of starting your job search. Satisfaction (No Regrets!) Guarantee: If you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 14 days, we will refund your money.
    ScholarshipWe offer tuition assistance for people who are unemployed, full-time students, and current or former military service members. If any of these describe you, we encourage you to email hello@skillcrush.com to ask if you qualify.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis program is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
    Prep WorkNone
  • (2) Break Into Tech Program + Job Guarantee: Designer Track

HTML, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Our Designer course is an online, self-paced, comprehensive job training program that includes 180 days of career support and is backed by our job guarantee. In as little as three months, you’ll go from zero design knowledge to being a job ready designer with skills in web and visual design fundamentals, branding and identity design, and HTML and CSS with our accessible, fun, and expertly designed coursework — which includes tons of real-world practice and 1-on-1 instructor support and mentorship. Once you’re job ready, you’ll enter our program’s Get Hired portion, where you’ll receive 180 days of job search support, including 1-on-1 coaching on your resume, portfolio, and interviewing skills. You’ll also learn our unusual — but extremely effective — job search strategy, attend weekly group coaching and communicate with your career coaches and fellow job seekers via Slack and email, and have the opportunity to talk to Skillcrush employer hiring partners. We’re so confident in our process that we'll fully refund your entire program fee if you haven’t received a qualified offer within 180 days of starting your job search.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $229 or one payment of $2499.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis program is perfect for career changes with zero design or coding experience.
    Prep WorkNone
  • Maria Wright  User Photo
    Maria Wright • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I joined Break Into Tech Blueprint about a month ago, and I can't believe how much I have learned in this short time.

I've taken many online classes, but Skillcrush really has a unique learning environment like no other I've seen. There is variety between short videos, text, hands-on exercises, and quizzes, as well as larger projects.

I've also really enjoyed the support from the Slack community - the students are really supportive and the instructors are always there to answer any questions. I have had my first career counseling appointment, and was able to talk to someone further down the road from me who answered my questions and helped me know what is possible.

Most coding schools are 10x the cost of Skillcrush. I can't believe the value that I am getting.

• Theresa  User Photo
    Theresa • Student Verified via GitHub

The Skillcrush course is a great course to get into tech and especially what I really find great is the practical approach. There are lots of exercises, but not just to code for fun, it is always related to your personal project. For instance, you start developing a design for your portfolio website and later you learn how to program it. You will also have real clients you are doing projects for. So you can actually earn some money already. The Break into Tech Blueprint (i got a subscription with lifetime access) you can actually start with basic courses and later learn any other coding language.

What is also great with the course is the support! You have a great community where you can ask and answer questions and there is also always a teacher responding. But there are also personal chatting sessions with a teacher or other class mates.

• Tatianna P.  User Photo
    Tatianna P. • Student Verified via GitHub

Stumbling across Skillcrush had to have been the best possible thing to happen to me in my life. I took a whole course in front-end web development and didn't feel as confident coding as I do with only taking part of Skillcrush for a week!! I absolutely love the videos and resources provided in each lesson and I can't wait to learn much more. Thank you for such a great path to bring more women into tech.

• Precious   User Photo
    Precious Verified via GitHub

I am interested in changing careers to become a front-end developer and I was looking into different tech boot camps that would help me level-up my skills. However, most were out of my price range AND required me to quit my job. Then I discovered Skillcrush. Even though it is self-paced, there is accountability, sound guidance, and a great sense of camaraderie.

• Angela Barnes  User Photo
    Angela Barnes • Student Verified via GitHub

I am new to the tech industry so I was nervous starting with Skillcrush, but it really has been so welcoming. There is always someone willing to help from instructors to fellow students. The culture here is fun, energetic, and genuinely caring. I would suggest Skillcrush to anyone. I love it so far!

• Rose  User Photo
    Rose • Student Verified via GitHub

I was totally hesitant about signing up for Skillcrush. I really couldn't imagine what it had to offer that isn't on all the other free sites. Having signed up, I can tell you that there's a huge difference. Skillcrush has a very systematic approach towards not just teaching coding but teaching it in a way that leads to acquiring job-relevant skills. I had read that there is too much hand-holding with the Skillcrush curriculum that would slow personal growth but I find that there is just enough hand-holding mixed with some challenging exercises to ensure you flex those coding muscles and to grow. Skillcrush also has a really awesome and supportive community, I don't ever feel alone and know that as tasks get harder and harder, I will find the support that I need. If I have only one regret, it's that I didn't sign up sooner :(. I don't know about job assistance as yet as I have not reached that phase of things but if everything continues as it is now, I expect to be very satisfied then too so I have rated it 5 in advance haha.

• Nhung Le  User Photo
    Nhung Le • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Skillcrush took the money from me for the course that I don't want to be in and not giving me the money back. I tried to contact Skillcrush for a refund but they refused. Now they are charging me around $200 every month for the course  that I'm not using.

I already made 9 month payment for them. I had to contact my credit card company to stop paying for Skillcrush. After that, Skillcrush blocked me from the course without notifications. When I called them on the phone, it went straight to their voicemail. I feel like they didn't want to deal with me in person.

I feel like this company is treating me unfairly and oppressively. They care more about the money than helping women.

• Tomilynn Rando  User Photo
    Tomilynn Rando • Student Verified via LinkedIn

My experience so far with skillcrush has been a great! Not having any previous experience in web design I have to say it is taking me a little longer than I expected. The lessons however explain everything in great detail and if I am stuck I can generally find an answer on groups or with an instructor who is online when I am doing the lessons and I have found the response to be fairly quick. I have also done some zoom meetings and have found them to be very helpful as well. I am looking forward to the next lesson.

• Colleen Sexton  User Photo
    Colleen Sexton • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I found Skillcrush while on a mission to learn marketable skills, after changing careers. I am so glad that I did! I have to admit that at first, I doubted the credibility of the site because of the cheerful music and happy instructors. But I was very quickly proved wrong, because this site is just as professional and informative as other, more...boring sites.

I love the instructional design. Skillcrush uses videos and they provide the transcripts, which is great, in case you want to go back over a point from the video without watching the whole thing again. There are great cheatsheets to download for HTML and CSS, which are much more organized than my own notes. Everything is clearly explained, and there is redundancy, which helps me learn.

Response time is excellent. In my experience, any questions that I have sent in have been replied to very promptly, and there is an actual person responding.

There are video chat times available that I find very helpful. It's a great way to feel like you are in this with other people, but you can learn on your own schedule. For me, this is the most valuable aspect of Skillcrush.

Keep up the most excellent work, Skillcrush!

• Carlos Sengo  User Photo
    Carlos Sengo • Duty manager • Student Verified via LinkedIn

For a long time that I was looking into changing my carrer, I reserached online and most of the code schools I found weren't really clear or to some extend trustwhorthy. Then I found SkillCrush. After looking into it I finally decided to apply to All-Access BluePrint.

As a complete newbie to the tech industry was a bit overwhelming to start, but the way the course is bulid it really made it easy to learn. Furthermore the help given by all instructors is great, they are really there for you giving you insightful support.

I'm almost finalizing 107 blueprint and I couldn't be happier.

• Erika Price  User Photo
    Erika Price • Head of Marketing and Operations Verified via LinkedIn

I was initially intrigued to try Skillcrush because I found the 10 minute demo to be informative and captivating. The course has not disappointed! I'm enjoying the All Access class because they have pre-determined which courses I need and the best order to take them. I began with Visual Design and have now advanced through HTML and CSS.

The Visual Design class taught some design concepts and some technical tools. Although I've bumbled through Photoshop in the past, it's great to actually understand what it's all about. It's such a feature-rich tool that it was incredibly helpful to have guided instruction focusing my learning on the most important tools.

My favorite part about the class is the mix of video, text, and hands-on work. It toggles between all three which keeps me from getting bored which can so easily happen in an online class. Skillcrush is also very good about pointing you to all the extra online free resources (code validators, fonts, icons, etc.) you'll need to one day function on your own. There is also great support through both Google groups and online check-in calls where you can meet, as questions, and share your work with instructors and fellow students.

I'm not yet launched into the world of web design and coding, but based on my excellent experience thus far, I fully believe that I will be landing jobs before this class is over.