skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is a woman-owned, independent, online coding & design school founded in 2012. Skillcrush offers both free and paid programs, including the self-paced Break Into Tech + Job Guarantee program, which prepares students for entry-level positions in front end development and design. Skillcrush is on a mission to empower career changers — with a special focus on women and BIPOC — with the technical skills they need to transition into higher-earning, more fulfilling and flexible careers in tech.

Students who enroll in the Break Into Tech program will have access to both the Front End Developer and Designer career tracks. The curriculum covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Git, Github, visual design fundamentals, and more. Once students complete the technical skill building portion of the Break Into Tech (about 16-20 weeks), they receive 180 days of hands-on job search support including 1-on-1 and group coaching, and the opportunity to interview with Skillcrush employer partners.

Skillcrush is an open enrollment school, so no application is necessary. Skillcrush has trained over 20,000 students, and has an over 90% success rate of placing students in qualified jobs with an average time to get hired of 8-10 weeks.

Skillcrush offers tuition assistance for people who are unemployed, full-time students, and current or former military service members. Skillcrush encourages students to email hello@skillcrush.com to discuss payment options.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (412) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (10) articles about Skillcrush →
  • (1) Break Into Tech Program + Job Guarantee: Front End Developer Track

Our Front End Developer course is an online, self-paced, comprehensive job training program that includes 180 days of career support and is backed by our job guarantee. In as little as three months, you’ll go from zero coding knowledge to being a job ready front end developer with skills in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Git, and React with our accessible, fun, and expertly designed coursework — which includes tons of real-world practice and 1-on-1 instructor support and mentorship. Once you’re job ready, you’ll enter our program’s Get Hired portion, where you’ll receive 180 days of job search support, including 1-on-1 coaching on your resume, portfolio, and interviewing skills. You’ll also learn our unusual — but extremely effective — job search strategy, attend weekly group coaching and communicate with your career coaches and fellow job seekers via Slack and email, and have the opportunity to talk to Skillcrush employer hiring partners. We’re so confident in our process that we'll fully refund your entire program fee if you haven’t received a qualified offer within 180 days of starting your job search.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $229 or one payment of $2499
    Refund / GuaranteeJob Guarantee: Full refund if you have not received a "qualified" job offer within 180 days of starting your job search. Satisfaction (No Regrets!) Guarantee: If you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 14 days, we will refund your money.
    ScholarshipWe offer tuition assistance for people who are unemployed, full-time students, and current or former military service members. If any of these describe you, we encourage you to email hello@skillcrush.com to ask if you qualify.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis program is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
    Prep WorkNone
  • (2) Break Into Tech Program + Job Guarantee: Designer Track

HTML, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Our Designer course is an online, self-paced, comprehensive job training program that includes 180 days of career support and is backed by our job guarantee. In as little as three months, you’ll go from zero design knowledge to being a job ready designer with skills in web and visual design fundamentals, branding and identity design, and HTML and CSS with our accessible, fun, and expertly designed coursework — which includes tons of real-world practice and 1-on-1 instructor support and mentorship. Once you’re job ready, you’ll enter our program’s Get Hired portion, where you’ll receive 180 days of job search support, including 1-on-1 coaching on your resume, portfolio, and interviewing skills. You’ll also learn our unusual — but extremely effective — job search strategy, attend weekly group coaching and communicate with your career coaches and fellow job seekers via Slack and email, and have the opportunity to talk to Skillcrush employer hiring partners. We’re so confident in our process that we'll fully refund your entire program fee if you haven’t received a qualified offer within 180 days of starting your job search.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $229 or one payment of $2499.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis program is perfect for career changes with zero design or coding experience.
    Prep WorkNone

I am currently taking Skillcrush's Front End Web Development Blueprint as a refresher course for a Front End class I took back in January at a popular brick and mortar coding bootcamp.
    I have to say, the way the information is presented by Skillcrush blows this other bootcamp out of the water. So much more organized and streamlined.

Part of the reason I am taking the Blueprint is because I didn't feel confident enough after I left the bootcamp in my ability to start working as a freelancer. I felt that there were a lot of holes in my knowledge--for example, the bootcamp never discussed frameworks like Bootstrap. Not even a mention! Yet it took half a class to explain floats when skillcrush has managed to cover it in one short module. I realize coming into the Blueprint with previous knowledge has helped me pick it up easier, but I'm still impressed with Skillcrush's simple and playful learning program.

Kudos, Skillcrush!

Highly impressed with this course and Skillcrush's delivery. The lessons wereinformative but easy to follow, the exercises were practical and relevant, and the help chat forum was a life saver - the instructors responded promptly and effectively, and I was able to leverage other student's question and response threads to solve similar challenges I faced.

I was also impressed with the breadth of resources that were provided in an organized manner - learning to code can be overwhelming with the sheer amount of information out there to pick up and learn, but Skillcrush introduced me to the most used tools and resources early and added more and more helpful resources throughout the course.

Lastly, I loved that working through just three months of course material helped me put together a portfolio of real applications to demonstrate what I've learned. I also now feel very confident in my ability to venture onto personal projects with the ability to reference the work I've done and Skillcrush's curriculum.

I highly recommend this course and Skillcrush in general to kickstart your coding knowledge in any of the dimensions they offer!

I am 2 weeks into the Front End Developer Blueprint and the Visual Design Blueprint.  I am taking them at the same time,and it's actually working out well, since the information that is covered in both relates to the other at about the same place.  I have some prior HTML, CSS and design experience, although it's been about 8 years since I have done any coding.  I had built a Wordpress theme using youtube videos & google about 8 years ago, and it was incredibly challenging.  After that project, I still felt like I was missing some fundamentals and I was a bit burnt from the experience so I went back to my previous job, which was working as a clothing designer for a big company.  I left that job a couple of years ago to start a freelance design business & I started noticing that for every one job in the clothing design field there are about 40 jobs in tech.  I love working freelance & would like to maintain that lifestyle, so I decided it was time to add some additional skills to my freelance skill set, and Skillcrush is helping me get there.  I looked into several differnt boot camps & free coding classes.  There are a ton to choose from. I chose Skillcrush because I liked the fact that I could study from home on my own schedule, the price was reasonable ( lower than some of the other bootcamps), it was women focused, and it started at the beginning.  I liked way the website was organized, and I figured that would be indicator of how the classes are organized.  Now that I have started, the classes are easy to navigate & each day there is a digestable lesseon.  No lessons on the weekends, so if you get behind, you can catch up then.   Adda herself is the video instructor for the Web Developer and Randle instructs the visual design videos.  All the video are clear & very well produced (so much better than the youtube videos that I watched from yester year). Both women are a joy to watch & learn from. I'm very impressed with their teaching skills. I like the was the classes start at the begining and walk you through an ordred way of learning all with the direct prsult of helping you build a website or app.  The tools used and laguage seem up to date.  Overall, good experience so far.  I'm still near the beginning, but zero regrets.  Everyday I look forward to learning something new with the idea of eventually appling it all to a new career path.