skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is a woman-owned, independent, online coding & design school founded in 2012. Skillcrush offers both free and paid programs, including the self-paced Break Into Tech + Job Guarantee program, which prepares students for entry-level positions in front end development and design. Skillcrush is on a mission to empower career changers — with a special focus on women and BIPOC — with the technical skills they need to transition into higher-earning, more fulfilling and flexible careers in tech.

Students who enroll in the Break Into Tech program will have access to both the Front End Developer and Designer career tracks. The curriculum covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Git, Github, visual design fundamentals, and more. Once students complete the technical skill building portion of the Break Into Tech (about 16-20 weeks), they receive 180 days of hands-on job search support including 1-on-1 and group coaching, and the opportunity to interview with Skillcrush employer partners.

Skillcrush is an open enrollment school, so no application is necessary. Skillcrush has trained over 20,000 students, and has an over 90% success rate of placing students in qualified jobs with an average time to get hired of 8-10 weeks.

Skillcrush offers tuition assistance for people who are unemployed, full-time students, and current or former military service members. Skillcrush encourages students to email hello@skillcrush.com to discuss payment options.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (412) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (10) articles about Skillcrush →
  • (1) Break Into Tech Program + Job Guarantee: Front End Developer Track

Our Front End Developer course is an online, self-paced, comprehensive job training program that includes 180 days of career support and is backed by our job guarantee. In as little as three months, you’ll go from zero coding knowledge to being a job ready front end developer with skills in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Git, and React with our accessible, fun, and expertly designed coursework — which includes tons of real-world practice and 1-on-1 instructor support and mentorship. Once you’re job ready, you’ll enter our program’s Get Hired portion, where you’ll receive 180 days of job search support, including 1-on-1 coaching on your resume, portfolio, and interviewing skills. You’ll also learn our unusual — but extremely effective — job search strategy, attend weekly group coaching and communicate with your career coaches and fellow job seekers via Slack and email, and have the opportunity to talk to Skillcrush employer hiring partners. We’re so confident in our process that we'll fully refund your entire program fee if you haven’t received a qualified offer within 180 days of starting your job search.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $229 or one payment of $2499
    Refund / GuaranteeJob Guarantee: Full refund if you have not received a "qualified" job offer within 180 days of starting your job search. Satisfaction (No Regrets!) Guarantee: If you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 14 days, we will refund your money.
    ScholarshipWe offer tuition assistance for people who are unemployed, full-time students, and current or former military service members. If any of these describe you, we encourage you to email hello@skillcrush.com to ask if you qualify.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis program is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
    Prep WorkNone
  • (2) Break Into Tech Program + Job Guarantee: Designer Track

HTML, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Our Designer course is an online, self-paced, comprehensive job training program that includes 180 days of career support and is backed by our job guarantee. In as little as three months, you’ll go from zero design knowledge to being a job ready designer with skills in web and visual design fundamentals, branding and identity design, and HTML and CSS with our accessible, fun, and expertly designed coursework — which includes tons of real-world practice and 1-on-1 instructor support and mentorship. Once you’re job ready, you’ll enter our program’s Get Hired portion, where you’ll receive 180 days of job search support, including 1-on-1 coaching on your resume, portfolio, and interviewing skills. You’ll also learn our unusual — but extremely effective — job search strategy, attend weekly group coaching and communicate with your career coaches and fellow job seekers via Slack and email, and have the opportunity to talk to Skillcrush employer hiring partners. We’re so confident in our process that we'll fully refund your entire program fee if you haven’t received a qualified offer within 180 days of starting your job search.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $229 or one payment of $2499.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis program is perfect for career changes with zero design or coding experience.
    Prep WorkNone

As a designer, we were taught a lot about photoshop, design principals, and html/css in school, which was helpful, but not the whole story for someone who wanted to be a designer and devloper.

The Wordpress Blueprint has given me skills that I use at my current job, as well as everything I need to take a website from start to finish. That was the most valuable part for me. Start to finish. :)

I am glad I signed up for the front-end developer blueprint.  Prior to signing up for this, I was taking free courses. However, I was missing structure.  I like being able to advice from professionals.  You receive great resources and encouragement.  The courses are taking things I seen in free courses and making it clear.  I feel more confident to build my own website. I encourage others to join.  I also like how they teach you with a variety video, reading, discussions.  This method keeps you engaged.

Skillcrush Blueprints fill in the blanks I'm left while completing other online bootcamps and courses. Adda clearly spells out each concept with amazing detail and I don't feel pushed to move on to the next concept even though I'm not ready.

The value for Skillcrush's services is amazing. I cannot believe all that I get for the price that I pay. TAs and instructors respond in a quick fashion in our Google Groups, and students interact with each other.

I couldn't be happier with my investment.

• Web Design Student
    - 10/24/2016

I can't speak for job assistence as I havn't made it that far through the course yet. As far as everything else about the course, I love it! Every lesson is broken down in a way that you gain so much knowledge without it seeming to overwhelming and daunting.

I do wish that there was a feedback 101 google group, as sometimes its hard to tell if I've gotten my code correct, but appart from that, I really am enjoying learning through Skillcrush.

everything was as advertised and if you're someone like me that needs that structured space for learning, but can't do deadlines, this is definitely a great place to start! I work full time and sometimes have to make everything up on the weekend, so its nice to not have hard deadlines.

• Anonymous • RN • Student

I have been incredibly happy with my Skillcrush experience. Prior to joining the Skillcrush Front End Developer Course, I had been desperately trying to find a way to learn to code and work full time. I had tried teaching myself some information, but the amount of information that I was unfamiliar with was daunting. I looked into a few ful-time boot camps but didn't have the time or the funds to attend. I wasn't sure I would ever be able to make a change in my career, until I found Skillcrush.

After searching around the Skillcrush website, I decided to give their free "10-day Boot-Camp" a try. The course was informative, easy to follow, and geared towards women- it was perfect! I decided to sign up for one of the (very affordable) blueprint courses, and I couldn't be happier.

I'm still able to work full time and fit Skillcrush classes in when I can. Information continues to be presented in manner that is easy to follow. I appreciate that lessons begin with a video, followed by some reading and a quiz. I have found the instructors and the students to be very helpful and supportive via the online forum and via email. I haven't finished my first blueprint yet, but I already have pages of additional learning resources (which I love).

I don't really have any recommendations for Skillcrush, their blueprints are perfect for those looking to learn a new skill or change careers and offer a light for women in a predominantely male field.

I took the Web Design blueprint last year ('15) and am currently in the Wordpress Developer blueprint. Both blueprints provided a great foundation in the languages that they are teaching. However, despite the breadth of information there is not as much depth as I would have liked. However, they provide many external resources to refer to, as you continue learning tech skills. Moving from Mightybell to Google groups is definitely an improvement. These groups allow you to discuss work with other classmates and with TAs and instructors, which allows for more personalized help than some online classes allow. The Master classes are great additions to help make the connection from what you are learning into the real world with people who are in the industry. Office hours are run through Google groups, which provides a lot of personalized help and to meet others face to face. The best part of taking Skillcrush classes is being a part of the community and all of their content. Signing up for their newsletter alone provides so many great articles on a weekly basis on all things tech. However, by taking classes you are invited to exclusive online webinars and summits and they provide you with great cheatsheets. These are lifesavers as they basically summarize what you are learning in bite-size chunks that you can use throughout your tech career. Finally, as alumni you are invited to join their Slack alumni channels, which keeps you engaged and accountable and a part of an amazing tech community.

• Anonymous • Realtor

I am not technically able, and I'm probably much older than the typical learner. (My teenagers shake their heads, muttering "elders and technology".) In the past, I have tried to learn HTML and CSS through books and through free and inexpensive online classes and videos.  Always, I got stuck after the first few lessons and abandoned the effort because of lack of support.  With Skillcrush, the pace of the learning and variety of ways to learn is actually helping to push me ahead.  The instructional videos are short, sweet clips you can watch when you have a moment.  The hands-on practice sessions are challenging and fun. When I have a question, I can participate in an online group where students and instructors can pitch in, or I can email an instructor directly. Each day I receive an email from the instructor and a list of tasks. As I complete a task, the screen visually records my progress. Further, Skillcrush provides a lot of bonuses like online resources, coaching for job search, and general rah-rah enthusiasm and encouragement that makes you feel that you can do this!  If you want to start walking and talking like a real, live coder, this is the place to start.

I'm currently enrolled in the Web Development Blueprint, and can't say enough good things about this curriculum. The syllabus provides detailed info on what is expected daily for the coursework, and even with a full time job, I am able to complete my daily assignments. Skillcrush provide shelpful handouts to review as well as resources to research on your own time. Teachers are available for questions throughtout the program, and always accessible. I had prior knowledge of HTML & CSS coding, which has been helpful for me in this class; however I feel you could excel with this class with no prior knowledge. I have already applied what I have learned to projects in my current job, and feel much more confident in my coding abiities. Skillcrush reps have sent us mulitple ways to get jobs in the industry as well.

• Skillcrush Review
    - 9/19/2016

I had been debating for about a year to sign up for a Skillcrush class, when I finally had, I regretted waiting so long. I thought while I was sitll in school I wouldn't have the time, but the class is so flexible it's not even an issue now that I'm working full time. Skillcrush instructors are FRIENDLY and helpful, and try to create the most supportive, judgement-free environment possible.

As someone with a creative background, but no experience designing for the web, this course was amazing. In 3 months, I learned an incredible amount just taking the hour long classes every day (or when I could get to them, they don't expire). The teachers are friendly, knowledgable, and provide really constructive feedback. You also get valuable feedback and inspiration from other students via the Hang Out sessions and in the Google Groups sessions. I feel confident in applying my new skills in a new career, and speaking of new career, not only did the Skillcrush team teach me how to design for web (and a bit of print as well, which I already had background in, but is good if you don't), they provide you with resources on how to write cover letters, resumes and - drumroll please - where to find an actual job with links to actual job posting sites for Tech jobs. My only complaint is that the Google Hang Out sessions fill up incredibly fast and it was hard to snag a time that worked for me. I'm only removing one star on Overall Experience for that reason.

I had been on the fence about starting a blueprint for quite some time and finally took the plunge. I could not be happier ad doing so. I am only on my third week but I feel that I will definitely get to where I need to be by the time I am done. I hope to continue taking other Blueprints like the Wordpress and Design ones and get a very clear understanding to better my current situation. I highly recommend the courese as it will guide you from absolute zero to actually understanding.