skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is a woman-owned, independent, online coding & design school founded in 2012. Skillcrush offers both free and paid programs, including the self-paced Break Into Tech + Job Guarantee program, which prepares students for entry-level positions in front end development and design. Skillcrush is on a mission to empower career changers — with a special focus on women and BIPOC — with the technical skills they need to transition into higher-earning, more fulfilling and flexible careers in tech.

Students who enroll in the Break Into Tech program will have access to both the Front End Developer and Designer career tracks. The curriculum covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Git, Github, visual design fundamentals, and more. Once students complete the technical skill building portion of the Break Into Tech (about 16-20 weeks), they receive 180 days of hands-on job search support including 1-on-1 and group coaching, and the opportunity to interview with Skillcrush employer partners.

Skillcrush is an open enrollment school, so no application is necessary. Skillcrush has trained over 20,000 students, and has an over 90% success rate of placing students in qualified jobs with an average time to get hired of 8-10 weeks.

Skillcrush offers tuition assistance for people who are unemployed, full-time students, and current or former military service members. Skillcrush encourages students to email hello@skillcrush.com to discuss payment options.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (412) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (10) articles about Skillcrush →
  • (1) Break Into Tech Program + Job Guarantee: Front End Developer Track

Our Front End Developer course is an online, self-paced, comprehensive job training program that includes 180 days of career support and is backed by our job guarantee. In as little as three months, you’ll go from zero coding knowledge to being a job ready front end developer with skills in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Git, and React with our accessible, fun, and expertly designed coursework — which includes tons of real-world practice and 1-on-1 instructor support and mentorship. Once you’re job ready, you’ll enter our program’s Get Hired portion, where you’ll receive 180 days of job search support, including 1-on-1 coaching on your resume, portfolio, and interviewing skills. You’ll also learn our unusual — but extremely effective — job search strategy, attend weekly group coaching and communicate with your career coaches and fellow job seekers via Slack and email, and have the opportunity to talk to Skillcrush employer hiring partners. We’re so confident in our process that we'll fully refund your entire program fee if you haven’t received a qualified offer within 180 days of starting your job search.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $229 or one payment of $2499
    Refund / GuaranteeJob Guarantee: Full refund if you have not received a "qualified" job offer within 180 days of starting your job search. Satisfaction (No Regrets!) Guarantee: If you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 14 days, we will refund your money.
    ScholarshipWe offer tuition assistance for people who are unemployed, full-time students, and current or former military service members. If any of these describe you, we encourage you to email hello@skillcrush.com to ask if you qualify.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis program is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
    Prep WorkNone
  • (2) Break Into Tech Program + Job Guarantee: Designer Track

HTML, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Our Designer course is an online, self-paced, comprehensive job training program that includes 180 days of career support and is backed by our job guarantee. In as little as three months, you’ll go from zero design knowledge to being a job ready designer with skills in web and visual design fundamentals, branding and identity design, and HTML and CSS with our accessible, fun, and expertly designed coursework — which includes tons of real-world practice and 1-on-1 instructor support and mentorship. Once you’re job ready, you’ll enter our program’s Get Hired portion, where you’ll receive 180 days of job search support, including 1-on-1 coaching on your resume, portfolio, and interviewing skills. You’ll also learn our unusual — but extremely effective — job search strategy, attend weekly group coaching and communicate with your career coaches and fellow job seekers via Slack and email, and have the opportunity to talk to Skillcrush employer hiring partners. We’re so confident in our process that we'll fully refund your entire program fee if you haven’t received a qualified offer within 180 days of starting your job search.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $229 or one payment of $2499.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis program is perfect for career changes with zero design or coding experience.
    Prep WorkNone
  • Visual design
    - 6/4/2021
    Wow. Terrible. You can Google the same content and receive better education on YouTube. Courses are short and do not explain enough to even think about applying to jobs. Also, you might wait over a month like me to even receive a certificate after you complete the course. Do yourself a favor and run from these people.

I have been extremely impressed with Skillcrush. I have learned so much in the approximately 3 weeks I have been a study in the Break Into Tech Bluprint. The program is very reasonably priced for all of the teaching, resources, and instructor support you get. The mentor sessions are what really drew me to this program. I had been learning to code online for a little while but really wanted some face-to-face (virtually of course) contact with a mentor to help guide me in the right direction in the tech world to switch careers. Overall A+ program.

I was a bit hesitant at first and took a few weeks to take the leap, mostly due to my own fears. I am still working my way through the Front End Dev program, but am loving it! The instructors are involved, encouraging, and know their stuff! They make it easy to access help whether it's through the online chat, email, or Slack channels. The program itself provides a ton of useful resources in addition to the course videos and projects themselves. Worth every penny!

This course is a nice pace both for people new to coding as well as those with very limited experience. It gives ample explanation of concepts, and even gives multiple explanations for harder concepts. I especially liked that there were transcripts available for all the videos. I felt like it was a safe place to ask even the most basic questions, and everyone was very helpful & welcoming. I do have to say that the fact that it is mostly women here is making learning much more comfortable and confidence building, and it is SO NICE not to be talked down to!

I'm excited about this new opportunity to have a job I enjoy AND can make a living doing. It's a relief to know that career change IS possible with some work & perseverance, and I'm very happy to have stumbled upon Skillcrush at this point in my life.

• Course review
    - 1/5/2018
    Okay. I only write reviews if my experience was awfully good or awfully bad. Ive been enrolled with skillcrush for over a month now and i have learnt a lot!!! Previously i had spent months over months on othet online platforms like udacity, udemy, coursera, lynda (you name it) to learn web design, development and git but some of the concepts were extremely confusing to grasp and i ended up giving up because it got so frustrating without clear tutorials and not much help from the instructors. Online learning can be very challenging! Then aftet a year i decided to join skillcrush and i have to admit its worth every penny!!! they make learning a breeze. The tutorials are amaaaazingly simple and at the same time very informative. If you get stuck you can turn to their google hangout or an instructor on live chat. The responses are fairly quick. And the instructors dont rest until they have resolved the issue for you. They make learning so much easier and fun!i look forward to learning stuff every day (who thought learning was so fun, right?!). The curriculum is great. You learn super hard concepts without even realizing how hard it was.

I have been in retail way too long, and finally decided to take the leap and change careers completely. I have 2 little girls, and do not have the luxury or income to attend boot camps or get another college degree. Skillcrush was the best decision I made! It made it fun, interesting and applicable. I tried other online courses, which were helpful, but Skillcrush guides you so you don't feel lost or overwhelmed. And it sets you up perfectly for an actual job when you're done. Loved it!!!!

The Front End Developer course is the first I've taken with Skillcrush, but it definitely won't be the last. I have never taken an online course, and felt incredibly hesitant to learn tech this way (what if I have a million unanswerable questions!!! what if I get behind on my classes!!!), but this Skillcrush course is designed in such a way that learning (and getting help!) was a breeze, even for a total beginner like me. I even took a week off of classes for vacation, but it was a cinch to work at my own pace and stay up with the material.

The Skillcrush folks do a great job of creating an online community vibe, so I never once felt isolated or alone in the process. BUT, I will say that these courses are much easier IF you read all of the instructions, complete orientation, go through all of the basic beginning steps before class starts, and really set yourself up for success.

When you're learning on your own, it's SO tempting to skip steps, jump to the cheat code right away, or just do other things besides class. I believe these courses are best suited for folks who know themselves well, are self-motivated, can hunker down and stay on-task (even when they have a ton of questions and feel uncertain about their work), and can exercise patience when waiting for questions to be answered via email.

Personally, I LOVE working on my own, don't have trouble staying focused, and was able to resist the urge to cheat through the course - the answer code provided at the end of every learning module helped me immensely when checking my work.

I HIGHLY recommend Skillcrush courses. I will most likely take the Wordpress course next - this stuff is FUN to learn.

I am a current student doing the All-Access Career Blueprint.  This is a very valuable course as it allows the student to learn about more than just one area.  You can do the design courses and the Wordpress courses and the Ruby courses if you want to.  It is great for people who want to develop more than one skill set.  The courses are well-paced and they make it easy to learn the new skills.  The other great piece is that you get a career counselor who will work with you one-on-one to help you develop a personal plan for entering the workforce.  That to me makes it all worthwhile.

So, I'm only just a month into this blueprint and I like the way this is working for me. The fact that I can work at my own pace is great. I am sometimes concerned that I don't have all the in-depth knowlege I might want to have, but I also know that I have time to catch up. I also love that Skillcrush points me in the direction of articles, other Developers and their websites, and other relevant resources to help you learn more on your own.

And I have to say, going to a networking event and even mentioning that you are learning tech skills--suddenly people want to talk to you.

• Anonymous • Marketing Coordinator • Graduate

This course pack teaches your the fundamentals of coding and building a website from scratch. It is interactive, captivating and goes a steady pace throughout the material.

• Anonymous • Senior Designer • Student

I'm a designer with a lot of experience and am fascinated by the potential of digital products so I decided to learn to code! I have to say it's been such a great experience and Skillcrush has been amazing - I value them not just for helping me dive in to such an overwhelmingly huge field (they make it as painless and accessible as possible) but I also really value the positive input they have in my life - I love their positive vibes and empowering, pro-active way of going about things! I went for my first interview for a digital role yesterday and thanks to just a few short months of Skillcrush, I knew all the right answers to their questions!

• Great Community
    - 1/26/2017

Skill crush offers a great community and is well structured.  I enjoyed their free 10 day bootcamp. Thinking about signing up for more.