skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.79

all (388) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (10) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

CSS, Design, Git, HTML
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, Mobile, PHP, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Visual design
    - 6/4/2021
    Wow. Terrible. You can Google the same content and receive better education on YouTube. Courses are short and do not explain enough to even think about applying to jobs. Also, you might wait over a month like me to even receive a certificate after you complete the course. Do yourself a favor and run from these people.

I have been extremely impressed with Skillcrush. I have learned so much in the approximately 3 weeks I have been a study in the Break Into Tech Bluprint. The program is very reasonably priced for all of the teaching, resources, and instructor support you get. The mentor sessions are what really drew me to this program. I had been learning to code online for a little while but really wanted some face-to-face (virtually of course) contact with a mentor to help guide me in the right direction in the tech world to switch careers. Overall A+ program.

I was a bit hesitant at first and took a few weeks to take the leap, mostly due to my own fears. I am still working my way through the Front End Dev program, but am loving it! The instructors are involved, encouraging, and know their stuff! They make it easy to access help whether it's through the online chat, email, or Slack channels. The program itself provides a ton of useful resources in addition to the course videos and projects themselves. Worth every penny!

This course is a nice pace both for people new to coding as well as those with very limited experience. It gives ample explanation of concepts, and even gives multiple explanations for harder concepts. I especially liked that there were transcripts available for all the videos. I felt like it was a safe place to ask even the most basic questions, and everyone was very helpful & welcoming. I do have to say that the fact that it is mostly women here is making learning much more comfortable and confidence building, and it is SO NICE not to be talked down to!

I'm excited about this new opportunity to have a job I enjoy AND can make a living doing. It's a relief to know that career change IS possible with some work & perseverance, and I'm very happy to have stumbled upon Skillcrush at this point in my life.

• Course review
    - 1/5/2018
    Okay. I only write reviews if my experience was awfully good or awfully bad. Ive been enrolled with skillcrush for over a month now and i have learnt a lot!!! Previously i had spent months over months on othet online platforms like udacity, udemy, coursera, lynda (you name it) to learn web design, development and git but some of the concepts were extremely confusing to grasp and i ended up giving up because it got so frustrating without clear tutorials and not much help from the instructors. Online learning can be very challenging! Then aftet a year i decided to join skillcrush and i have to admit its worth every penny!!! they make learning a breeze. The tutorials are amaaaazingly simple and at the same time very informative. If you get stuck you can turn to their google hangout or an instructor on live chat. The responses are fairly quick. And the instructors dont rest until they have resolved the issue for you. They make learning so much easier and fun!i look forward to learning stuff every day (who thought learning was so fun, right?!). The curriculum is great. You learn super hard concepts without even realizing how hard it was.

I have been in retail way too long, and finally decided to take the leap and change careers completely. I have 2 little girls, and do not have the luxury or income to attend boot camps or get another college degree. Skillcrush was the best decision I made! It made it fun, interesting and applicable. I tried other online courses, which were helpful, but Skillcrush guides you so you don't feel lost or overwhelmed. And it sets you up perfectly for an actual job when you're done. Loved it!!!!

The Front End Developer course is the first I've taken with Skillcrush, but it definitely won't be the last. I have never taken an online course, and felt incredibly hesitant to learn tech this way (what if I have a million unanswerable questions!!! what if I get behind on my classes!!!), but this Skillcrush course is designed in such a way that learning (and getting help!) was a breeze, even for a total beginner like me. I even took a week off of classes for vacation, but it was a cinch to work at my own pace and stay up with the material.

The Skillcrush folks do a great job of creating an online community vibe, so I never once felt isolated or alone in the process. BUT, I will say that these courses are much easier IF you read all of the instructions, complete orientation, go through all of the basic beginning steps before class starts, and really set yourself up for success.

When you're learning on your own, it's SO tempting to skip steps, jump to the cheat code right away, or just do other things besides class. I believe these courses are best suited for folks who know themselves well, are self-motivated, can hunker down and stay on-task (even when they have a ton of questions and feel uncertain about their work), and can exercise patience when waiting for questions to be answered via email.

Personally, I LOVE working on my own, don't have trouble staying focused, and was able to resist the urge to cheat through the course - the answer code provided at the end of every learning module helped me immensely when checking my work.

I HIGHLY recommend Skillcrush courses. I will most likely take the Wordpress course next - this stuff is FUN to learn.

I am a current student doing the All-Access Career Blueprint.  This is a very valuable course as it allows the student to learn about more than just one area.  You can do the design courses and the Wordpress courses and the Ruby courses if you want to.  It is great for people who want to develop more than one skill set.  The courses are well-paced and they make it easy to learn the new skills.  The other great piece is that you get a career counselor who will work with you one-on-one to help you develop a personal plan for entering the workforce.  That to me makes it all worthwhile.

So, I'm only just a month into this blueprint and I like the way this is working for me. The fact that I can work at my own pace is great. I am sometimes concerned that I don't have all the in-depth knowlege I might want to have, but I also know that I have time to catch up. I also love that Skillcrush points me in the direction of articles, other Developers and their websites, and other relevant resources to help you learn more on your own.

And I have to say, going to a networking event and even mentioning that you are learning tech skills--suddenly people want to talk to you.

• Anonymous • Marketing Coordinator • Graduate

This course pack teaches your the fundamentals of coding and building a website from scratch. It is interactive, captivating and goes a steady pace throughout the material.

• Anonymous • Senior Designer • Student

I'm a designer with a lot of experience and am fascinated by the potential of digital products so I decided to learn to code! I have to say it's been such a great experience and Skillcrush has been amazing - I value them not just for helping me dive in to such an overwhelmingly huge field (they make it as painless and accessible as possible) but I also really value the positive input they have in my life - I love their positive vibes and empowering, pro-active way of going about things! I went for my first interview for a digital role yesterday and thanks to just a few short months of Skillcrush, I knew all the right answers to their questions!

• Great Community
    - 1/26/2017

Skill crush offers a great community and is well structured.  I enjoyed their free 10 day bootcamp. Thinking about signing up for more.