skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.81

all (369) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (9) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Angela Barnes  User Photo
    Angela Barnes • Student Verified via GitHub

I am new to the tech industry so I was nervous starting with Skillcrush, but it really has been so welcoming. There is always someone willing to help from instructors to fellow students. The culture here is fun, energetic, and genuinely caring. I would suggest Skillcrush to anyone. I love it so far!

• Rose  User Photo
    Rose • Student Verified via GitHub

I was totally hesitant about signing up for Skillcrush. I really couldn't imagine what it had to offer that isn't on all the other free sites. Having signed up, I can tell you that there's a huge difference. Skillcrush has a very systematic approach towards not just teaching coding but teaching it in a way that leads to acquiring job-relevant skills. I had read that there is too much hand-holding with the Skillcrush curriculum that would slow personal growth but I find that there is just enough hand-holding mixed with some challenging exercises to ensure you flex those coding muscles and to grow. Skillcrush also has a really awesome and supportive community, I don't ever feel alone and know that as tasks get harder and harder, I will find the support that I need. If I have only one regret, it's that I didn't sign up sooner :(. I don't know about job assistance as yet as I have not reached that phase of things but if everything continues as it is now, I expect to be very satisfied then too so I have rated it 5 in advance haha.

• Nhung Le  User Photo
    Nhung Le • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Skillcrush took the money from me for the course that I don't want to be in and not giving me the money back. I tried to contact Skillcrush for a refund but they refused. Now they are charging me around $200 every month for the course  that I'm not using.

I already made 9 month payment for them. I had to contact my credit card company to stop paying for Skillcrush. After that, Skillcrush blocked me from the course without notifications. When I called them on the phone, it went straight to their voicemail. I feel like they didn't want to deal with me in person.

I feel like this company is treating me unfairly and oppressively. They care more about the money than helping women.

• Tomilynn Rando  User Photo
    Tomilynn Rando • Student Verified via LinkedIn

My experience so far with skillcrush has been a great! Not having any previous experience in web design I have to say it is taking me a little longer than I expected. The lessons however explain everything in great detail and if I am stuck I can generally find an answer on groups or with an instructor who is online when I am doing the lessons and I have found the response to be fairly quick. I have also done some zoom meetings and have found them to be very helpful as well. I am looking forward to the next lesson.

• Colleen Sexton  User Photo
    Colleen Sexton • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I found Skillcrush while on a mission to learn marketable skills, after changing careers. I am so glad that I did! I have to admit that at first, I doubted the credibility of the site because of the cheerful music and happy instructors. But I was very quickly proved wrong, because this site is just as professional and informative as other, more...boring sites.

I love the instructional design. Skillcrush uses videos and they provide the transcripts, which is great, in case you want to go back over a point from the video without watching the whole thing again. There are great cheatsheets to download for HTML and CSS, which are much more organized than my own notes. Everything is clearly explained, and there is redundancy, which helps me learn.

Response time is excellent. In my experience, any questions that I have sent in have been replied to very promptly, and there is an actual person responding.

There are video chat times available that I find very helpful. It's a great way to feel like you are in this with other people, but you can learn on your own schedule. For me, this is the most valuable aspect of Skillcrush.

Keep up the most excellent work, Skillcrush!

• Carlos Sengo  User Photo
    Carlos Sengo • Duty manager • Student Verified via LinkedIn

For a long time that I was looking into changing my carrer, I reserached online and most of the code schools I found weren't really clear or to some extend trustwhorthy. Then I found SkillCrush. After looking into it I finally decided to apply to All-Access BluePrint.

As a complete newbie to the tech industry was a bit overwhelming to start, but the way the course is bulid it really made it easy to learn. Furthermore the help given by all instructors is great, they are really there for you giving you insightful support.

I'm almost finalizing 107 blueprint and I couldn't be happier.

• Erika Price  User Photo
    Erika Price • Head of Marketing and Operations Verified via LinkedIn

I was initially intrigued to try Skillcrush because I found the 10 minute demo to be informative and captivating. The course has not disappointed! I'm enjoying the All Access class because they have pre-determined which courses I need and the best order to take them. I began with Visual Design and have now advanced through HTML and CSS.

The Visual Design class taught some design concepts and some technical tools. Although I've bumbled through Photoshop in the past, it's great to actually understand what it's all about. It's such a feature-rich tool that it was incredibly helpful to have guided instruction focusing my learning on the most important tools.

My favorite part about the class is the mix of video, text, and hands-on work. It toggles between all three which keeps me from getting bored which can so easily happen in an online class. Skillcrush is also very good about pointing you to all the extra online free resources (code validators, fonts, icons, etc.) you'll need to one day function on your own. There is also great support through both Google groups and online check-in calls where you can meet, as questions, and share your work with instructors and fellow students.

I'm not yet launched into the world of web design and coding, but based on my excellent experience thus far, I fully believe that I will be landing jobs before this class is over.

• Sabrina Danielle Green  User Photo
    Sabrina Danielle Green • Student/Unemployed, but hopefully not long • Student Verified via GitHub

Skillcrush is an excellent resource for aspiring web professionals. The online learning environment introduces the material in a manner that is very easy for someone without any prior knowledge to understand. The instructors then help you retain that information by having you consistently recall the skills learned throughout the course with fun and challenging exercises.

Skillcrush also helps you learn the professional lingo and "best practices" of a web professional which helps you feel like a competent insider in no time. I’m a very detailed oriented person; I like to know that I have all the pieces to complete the big picture.
    They provide you with everything you need to know without making you feel overwhelmed.

The quick reference documents provided with the lessons are an invaluable tool; I often refer to them while completing projects. The staff/instuctors are very encouraging, knowledgeable, and available to aid students whenever needed.

• Fun!!
    - 8/22/2017
    Nikki Davis  User Photo
    Nikki Davis • Web Designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    This course was a birthday gift from my mom a couple of years ago. I absolutely loved it as it was both fun and challenging. With it, I was able to design my own website and revamp my clients' websites as well. This has led to partnering up with another designer on a couple of other sites! Currently, I am reviewing the class as it has been revamped. That's another reason to love Skilllcrush as there are constant updates to keep current with trends and technology. The only reason why I gave the Job Assistance a three star rating is because of the lack of it during the time that I took the course a couple of years ago.
  • Kelley Clark Martin  User Photo
    Kelley Clark Martin • Marketing Consultant • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I can't remember how I stumbled on Skillcrush, but I'm glad I did. It's super accessible and easy to follow. I just finished the first section of the All-Access plan, and I can already see a marked improvement in my design work. I made things up by the seat of my pants before, and now I have methodology and a plan and it's great. My work looks and feels 1000% more professional. I am extremely confident that the investment I've made will pay off via my career.

As I go into my second section, I'm already being matched up with a career counselor. I think this will put my work in context and help keep my eyes on the prize. Thanks, Skillcrush!

• Encouraged
    - 7/17/2017
    emily b.  User Photo
    emily b. • Mobility Manager Verified via LinkedIn

I am currently enrolled in the All-Access Career Blueprint. I have only been enrolled for a couple weeks, but thus far have really enjoyed how Skillcrush breaks down the lessons to make them fun and easy to follow. I have already used and learned so many new tools that I know I can use in the future even if I don't land my dream tech job. The instructors are fun and I consider them professional encouragers. I feel supported and I am so glad I was listening to the Disrupt Yourself podcast so that I can start my career change. Glad I found Skillcrush and would recommend this program specifically for women looking to enter the tech field.