skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.79

all (395) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (10) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

CSS, Design, Git, HTML
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, Mobile, PHP, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Joy • Graduate

I realized I needed to make a wholesale career change, and found myself really attracted to web development. After quite a bit of research, I enrolled in this blueprint as a launching pad. It was easily the best decision I've made in the last 3 years. I learned real skills, coupled with real direction for my new career. I still have many more things I want to learn, and I'm already considering another blueprint. I wholeheartedly recommend Skillcrush.

• Denise • Graduate

I recently completed the Skillcrush Freelance WordPess Developer Blueprint and I can't say enough good things about it! The content was superb and I really enjoyed the videos that were part of the course. They were entertaining and very educational and it helps that I can back it up to hear something again. The course progression was just right, the TA was incedible, and everyone involved in developing the course, being there for office hours, and making the videos were top notch. I left being able to create a WordPress site (which is more than I can say for a previous course in a different language I took elsewhere, I promise you).

Career content was included beginning on the very first week, which was impressive. There were so many resources via emails, the blog, and master class materials that I learned a great deal about related topics and am continue to learn. The lifetime access is top notch (I just went back and watched one video this week as I prepared to do something I haven’t used since then). I got more than my money out of it and highly recommend it. Well done, Skillcrush, well done!

I suppose you want some feedback though - ok - if I think very hard, I would say to include the video and info that Ann posted for PC users in the January course. Both were very helpful at that time for PC Users. And personally I would have loved to learn the responsive portion a little earlier so I could have incorporated it initially instead of re-doing now. But I'm frankly just happy it was included on a very helpful video. Neither issue changed how great I feel the course was - just suggestions. And as I get a little more money going in the household with my new skills, I will be back for the Ruby course!

• Anonymous • Freelance Web Designer/Developer • Graduate

I originally signed up for the Web Design Blueprint to maintain design skills I learned from another school, and I absolutely loved my experience with SkillCrush! I loved it so much that I decided to enroll in their Freelance Wordpress Blueprint as well. What I loved most was how design and coding concepts were broken down to easily understood material. I have taken courses from other online schools, and so far, I feel SkillCrush has done the best in making learning easy, fun, and interactive. Best of all, very affordable! They provide an excellent combination of reading materials, videos, visual examples, exercises, coupled with helpful weekly office hours where you can interact live with an instructor and other students for an hour to go over any questions you may have or get feedback on your work.

When you finish your program, they also provide webinars and career resources on how to network, how to put together a portfolio, how to put together a resume, how to update your linkedin profile, how to look for work, and even how to land your first freelance client. Recently they had a career summit where they had speakers from different organizations talk about additional resources in finding work and how to better market yourself if you are a freelancer.

The schedule is also flexible and you can complete work at your own pace and your own time. That being said, If you are not a self-accountable person, this may not be the right program for you. Everything is done online. It is not a classroom where attendance is taken everyday. You have to hold yourself accountable in completing the assignments. No one will reach out to you if you fall behind or remind you if you didn't get something done. Its important to be proactive in this course. But just like the real world, if you dont show up and you dont take action, you wont get results, and you wont succeed.

SkillCrush provides so many resources and is constantly updating their curriculum, that failure is impossible if you put into action what you learn and use the tools provided. They helped me build confidence in reaching out to my network which led me to land my first freelance clients. As a graduate, I still reach out for feedback on other projects I work on, and I usually get a response within 24-48 hours. I also get lifetime access to my courses, and even updates on new materials. I am amazed at what they do and for such an affordable cost compared to other bootcamps. If you are thinking about transitioning careers into tech and want to save money, start here. I wish I had found SkillCrush sooner!

• Ana • Sr. Graphic Designer • Student

I've finished the first part of my Blueprint and have been very impressed so far. While I love the amount of free resources that are available online to learn programming languages, I have found that the class-like structure with assignments, grades, and feedback is critical.

This course has been exceptional so far, both in the teaching and the customer service. The instructors go into the history and rationale of the languages, which is useful and interesting; the videos are fun and filled with visual analogies, and are followed by both text recaps and real-time practice opportunities; and I've set up a personal website and started making a website for a coworker. I'm pretty stoked to be starting web projects that are applicable in my life, only 1 course into the program!

I just finished the first in the series of course within the blueprint program, and I am really digging it.  They do a good job of taking an absolute beginner and showing them how to code in a clear and straightforward way.  If you were already pretty knowledgeable, it might be too beginner, but they have other programs for more advanced students.

I had looked at lot of other bootcamps and courses, but this one was recommended by a friend.  I like that it is affordable but was a little worried that it might not be as thorough or in-depth as pricier options.  However, I feel like I am learning a LOT.  Have no idea how it compares to other programs since I haven't taken others, but Skillcrush seems like the real deal.

I was also concerned that an online course could be another one of those situations where you sign up and then it's hard to stay motivated and work through the modules or whatever. But the way they have it set up really works for me.  They give you chunks of info and challenges to complete each days.  And they are manageable chunks.  You CAN go at your own pace, but I find that having it all laid out on a weekly and daily basis keeps me focused and consistent.

Also, you get to interact with other students and instructors through Mightybell.  It helps immensely that you can get help on trouble spots this way.  Additionally, Skillcrush offers a lot of office hours/hangouts where you can ask questions or get help or whatever.  Then they also have lots of extras they send...webinars and links to information that's useful and help on how to get a job etc.

Their customer service is outstanding as well.  The couple times I've had to email someone, they've responded promptly and been super helpful and easy to work with.  For instance, initially I goofed and signed up for the wrong class.  It was a painless process for them to un-enroll me and then get me in the right program.

Anyway...it's a great program as far as I can tell.  I haven't yet made use of the job help stuff but plan to. I've just been focused on learning the material so far.  But, it seems like they are always sending info about job skills and finding work.  I just didn't rate them on job assistance because I don't know much about that part of the program yet.

• KarenS • Freelance Designer/Developer • Graduate

WOW!  I am just finishing the WordPress Developer Blueprint and I learned so much!! (I also took the Web Designer Blueprint which was awesome as a total beginner!)  The instructors are AMAZING and always there to help!  I'm not sure I could have finished the course without the help of my crazy awesome TA who promptly answered my never ending questions!

I've landed my first client and I'm starting work on the project soon. (Yikes!)  It's a little scary but I do feel as though Skillcrush prepared me well and I'm super grateful to have ongoing access to all the class materials just in case I need to go back and look something up.  Thanks Skillcrush!

• LOVE LOVE LOVE
    - 4/28/2016
    Amanda LeGros • Federal Government • Student

I am taking the Web Development Blueprint right now & loving this new world of coding! I definately plan on taking more courses once finished with this one.

I am learning and will be learning code to launch an entirely new career from what I graduated college with and can't wait to land a job with my new skills!

This site has been a blessing!

Part way through the Skillcrush Ruby on Rails blueprint and would give a huge thumbs up!!

The course material is excellent and Skillcrush provide prompt, friendly support / advice to help you along! It's easy to engage with fellow students in the online forums and there are weekly live chats with tutors and students.

The blueprint is amazing value for money, not only do you get lifetime access to the course material but the Skillcrush team will always look to help you out if you fall behind for any reason.

The course seems to cater well for both novices and more experienced learners; if you're thinking about taking this (or any of the other Skillcrush) courses, I recommend you go for it!

• Web Design class
    - 4/27/2016
    Reuben Edwards • Graduate

Solid course I forgot a lot and you covered things and explain some details that help me out a lot.

• David • Student

I am extremely pleased with having decided to take this blueprint. As someone who is (was) not terribly tech saavy, I wanted to have more of a toehold in the world of web development and could not be more pleased. Skillcrush does a great job of laying out the big picture before diving into the details. Everyone is extremely freindly, and more than eager to help out.

I am excited to take more blueprints now that I got my feet wet, and am excited to explore their other offerings!

• Love Skillcrush!
    - 4/27/2016
    Ann • Graduate

Skillcrush’s WordPress Blueprint gave me the professional skills I needed to launch my new career. I chose Skillcrush over other free online resources chiefly because it offered an organized curriculum with real support. I was pleasantly surprised with the fun way in which the lessons were presented, with lots of beautiful supportive material - so that even if the course covered a lot of ground, it never felt overwhelming (or painfully dry!!). I came to appreciate the professional development aspect of the course as I developed a clearer vision of what freelance work consists of. The blueprint left me with a toolkit full of code I could use in real-world projects, as well as new pieces for my portfolio!

I was really impressed with the support I received during the course. I also collaborated with many fellow students, some of whom became regular study-buddies and then lasting friends. I was able to build a network of contacts, and feel confident and empowered as a woman who codes. Thanks in part to some great carreer tools and advice, I was able to promptly secure contracts towards the end of the blueprint and have been working as a freelancer ever since.

When the opportunity presented itself, I started working as a T.A., and now I can carry on promoting the peer-to-peer empowering culture that Skillcrush fosters. I continue to learn and grow my skillset in providing some of the support I had so appreciated when taking the class. I recommend Skillcrush to anyone looking for a foundation to transition towards a new code related career.

• Denise • Student

Okay, so I am not completely done with my first Skillcrush Web Design Blueprint but I this is my last week and I have to say, I am absolutely impressed with how easy it was to learn everything in such a way that was far from boring, hard or expensive.

This course is not only cost efficient but in the last month of the blueprint, it begins to pay itself off with your first job.  Did I mention this first job you take is done as a part of the last course and all while you have your classmates and instructor walking you through it, in case you have questions, concerns or need the confidence of having someone available in case the need arises.

Additionally, I am so impressed with the courses that I am signing up for the next blueprint and plan on taking them all.  The classes are so fun, user friendly and easy to learn that I am seriously debating taking 2  blueprints simultaneously!  This is really not bad for someone that has ADHD and has had serious trouble completing projects.

I love the programs so much that I have recommended many friends and even asked them about a referral fee (they don't do this)!  This is a great opportunity for full time employees that need additional ways to make ends meet, just want extra cash or simply need to get out of their current daily grind.

I was in an accident last year and had to go on disability and decided to take the course while I sat at home but will use this as a method of paying back all the credit card debt I incurred while on disability but I am not worried because I already have my first client and have a few more lined up waiting for me to get to them.  Yes, a waiting list before I finished the first blueprint!!!

You can work from home anytime of the day, get a part time job, better paying full time job, freelance opportunities via one time jobs -- you would be surprised how much people pay hourly or for one time projects.

I recommend this opportunity to everyone but especially the following:

1. Single parents