skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.81

all (339) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (8) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.

• Fun!!
    - 8/22/2017
    Nikki Davis  User Photo
    Nikki Davis • Web Designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    This course was a birthday gift from my mom a couple of years ago. I absolutely loved it as it was both fun and challenging. With it, I was able to design my own website and revamp my clients' websites as well. This has led to partnering up with another designer on a couple of other sites! Currently, I am reviewing the class as it has been revamped. That's another reason to love Skilllcrush as there are constant updates to keep current with trends and technology. The only reason why I gave the Job Assistance a three star rating is because of the lack of it during the time that I took the course a couple of years ago.
  • Kelley Clark Martin  User Photo
    Kelley Clark Martin • Marketing Consultant • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I can't remember how I stumbled on Skillcrush, but I'm glad I did. It's super accessible and easy to follow. I just finished the first section of the All-Access plan, and I can already see a marked improvement in my design work. I made things up by the seat of my pants before, and now I have methodology and a plan and it's great. My work looks and feels 1000% more professional. I am extremely confident that the investment I've made will pay off via my career.

As I go into my second section, I'm already being matched up with a career counselor. I think this will put my work in context and help keep my eyes on the prize. Thanks, Skillcrush!

• Encouraged
    - 7/17/2017
    emily b.  User Photo
    emily b. • Mobility Manager Verified via LinkedIn

I am currently enrolled in the All-Access Career Blueprint. I have only been enrolled for a couple weeks, but thus far have really enjoyed how Skillcrush breaks down the lessons to make them fun and easy to follow. I have already used and learned so many new tools that I know I can use in the future even if I don't land my dream tech job. The instructors are fun and I consider them professional encouragers. I feel supported and I am so glad I was listening to the Disrupt Yourself podcast so that I can start my career change. Glad I found Skillcrush and would recommend this program specifically for women looking to enter the tech field.

• Zita Collins  User Photo
    Zita Collins • Student Verified via LinkedIn
    Skillcrush does just that...crushes tech skills! After checking out other online bootcamps, I decided to go with Skillcrush because of their great videos and valuable content regarding transitioning into a tech career, regardless of where you are or how old you are. The material in the courses are stellar and I am an avid online learner so I say from experience. While taking the classes, I've often smiled knowing someone who may have no clue about development, can easily follow the "to the point instruction." Everything you need to know is broken down step by step. This is by far one of the best investments anyone seriously wanting an awesome career, learnt at their pace without feeling intimidated can make. I would say to anyone still not sure which company to go with.....stop guessing and waiting time...sign up for Skillcrush! Job Assistance not rated as I'm still working on my blueprint, but among everyday I near that milestone :)
  • Happy Student!!!
    - 6/30/2017
    Terri Newsome  User Photo
    Terri Newsome • Teacher/Freelancer Verified via LinkedIn

I have just recently started my second Skillcrush blueprint. I didn't make it through my first one for many personal reasons but after making headway with this one I definitely will be following this one up with my first Blueprint. Everything seems to make sense to me now and the process feels so easy! I truly appreciate the monthly payment plans that Skillcrush offers because I have been STARING, HOPING, & PRAYING to be able to save up the coins I needed to participate but it just never worked out that way. The monthly payment plans made it possible for sure.

In terms of the course and its structure, it is definitely an enjoyable process. I really cannot complain for the most part. The format usually goes something like this: Video/Information, examples, notes/handouts/practice/practice/practice. You catch on really quick. The features that keep me motivated the most are being able to see how many steps are in that section that I'm learning and how far away I am from completing that section, the momentum of being able to click mark complete, the practices, and the quizzes are really motivational for me. I feel like I'm making small accomplishments or meeting small goals so that makes it fun and motivational. To add to that a possible suggestion to boost up the motivation, even more, is if after completing certain things if we received digital badges to collect. That would be neat! Skillcrush has definitely put alot of work and effort into making this a QUALITY program and you can tell. Hats off because I can tell that these courses are ALOT of work. So you are definitely getting your money's worth.

The areas of improvement are for me very minute. I love seeing Adda but it would be interesting to see the faces of the other instructors in the videos too and change up the background every so often. I personally really like color pop office decor on a white background that is girly/feminine and bold. But that's just my preferences. The group's, office hours, and events are not as streamline as I would like for me. I don't really understand how to get to the groups without having to go to the dashboard. Also I the office hours are a little intimidating for me because I have no idea what to discuss with my instructor. Skillcrush says that you can ask questions but I'm not always sure if I have questions or if I have something to talk about. For me, I would love to be able to see all of my classmates' projects and be able to interact with them more. I don't want that part to be a requirement or anything but I would love to see kind of communal space, like those shared artist spaces in major cities or Behance, where we could see each other's projects, and even chat with each other and possibly meet up. Great way to meet Business Besties. It's great to go alone but its even better together sometimes. This may also be covered in the Google group thing but I haven't navigated it all the way yet. So this may not even be a Skillcrush issue.

Not all of the time but sometimes I have to go to the video transcript to take notes because a concept that is mentioned in the video may not be mentioned in the notes part and I really want that info because I feel like it's important to me. It still works out because I can go to the transcript.

Overall, I LOVE Skillcrush and have followed them and been interested in being a student with since their beginnings when they first started offering classes. Skillcrush is doing a great job. And this may sound selfish but I kind of like that they are not as super well-known, because it gives it a small-class/community feel. Like your favorite "hole-in-the-wall" or cafe in a major city. Though I am aware that the small-community feel might not be a good idea for them fiscally. People/women SHOULD definitely join and participate. You would not regret it and your return on investment is unmeasurable. Skillcrush you beyond ROCK!

P.S. A great idea would be if Skillcrush held in person events all over the US or the major places where most of their students are (please come to D.C., where they held a little seminar about the business of web design, development, freelancing etc and have little in-person challenges session where alumni practice skills in person through challenges and projects, for example like the project where you create logos using just CSS. That would be dope! Kind of rubbing shoulders with your peers.

• Sarah C.  User Photo
    Sarah C. • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I am very happy to have discovered Skillcrush a few weeks ago. Having graduated with a fairly impractical degree in a down economy, I've spent most of my adult life taking unfulfilling jobs with minimal room for advancement just to make ends meet, and have had to store away dreams of any sort of robust career.

Now, I'm not saying Skillcrush will magically and instantly fix my life for me. What I am saying is that its beautifully structured course outlines, supportive instructors and high-quality learning content make me confident that I've made a good decision in choosing the site to gain marketable skills to help leverage my chances of finding satisfying and rewarding work.

I could have chosen to go the autodidactic route and taught myself web development using free resources (and actually am, adjacent to this Wordpress course). However, culling through all of the resources the internet has to offer to find clearly explained material that's worth my time is an arduous task for someone with my schedule right now. Instead, I've opted to invest a comparably small amount of money into this course to motivate myself to follow through on this career choice, and am learning so much through easily digestible lessons in the meantime.

I could not recommend this course more highly. I was on the fence for quite awhile, wondering if it would be worth it. Having now started the Wordpress Developer Blueprint, I'm confident that I'll have the skills and knowledge of best practices to maximize my potential in the field. What made my mind up to take the plunge was Skillcrush's wealth of highly informative articles and tech-related resources that are available for free, for everyone. It's clear that the company is dedicated to its students' success, whether they're enrolled or simply prospective.

• Marko Vasiljevic  User Photo
    Marko Vasiljevic • Engineer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

This really is a course where you can work couple of hours a day to upgrade your knowledge and fulfil tasks. I worked in Drupal before but I wish I took this course earlier; it would spare me endless hacked tutorials on internet and make my learning more effective.

Good thing is that you really have all the explanations you need in lessons. Tasks are solved.

The only real problem I had was installing XAMP on my PC, but that was partly because I had something else installed. I had to google it a long time...

• Stephanie Brown  User Photo
    Stephanie Brown • Front End Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The Skillcrush experience is an exceptional value. The interface is pleasant to use and the support is amazing. I find the learning environment to be both empowering and inspiring. From the CEO to each of the trainers and teaching assistants, everyone is so patient and encouraging to those of us learning to code and transitioning into the tech industry.

This was my second experience with Skillcrush.  I took the Web Developer Blueprint with them in 2014.  I am an older learner with adult children. I spent years running from technology by pursuing web development as a hobby rather than considering it a career because I felt my age and educational background excluded me from the industry.  I looked at A LOT of other bootcamps and immersion programs when I first started considering structured learning.  I've also taken countless online courses and tutorials because I find I learn best online. Skillcrush was the best fit for me.

My son is in college now studying Computer Game Design and Development. On more than one occasion he's asked me to be the fresh eye on something he's coding for one of his programming classes.  Even in a different language I've been able to help him.  I don't know I'd be confident enough to even attempt it were it not for what I've learned in my Blueprints.

The best part of Skillcrush for me is the that at any time I can go back to the courses I've taken and the projects I've completed as part of the course and revisit them as a refresher or to make improvements. Right now my immediate goal is to implement all the amazing advice and tools they make available in the career section to finally launch my freelance business.

• Brianna  User Photo
    Brianna • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I just finished the Skillcrush Freelance Wordpress Blueprint, and it's my second Skillcrush Blueprint! I also completed the Front-End Web Developer Blueprint a few months ago. Both experiences were fantastic.

I have never been a good self-teacher, as I constantly have questions and often need things explained to me a few times over. Unsurprisingly, I was nervous to take an online class, for fear it would make me feel frustrated and be a waste of my time. But with Skillcrush, I feel like I have a team of teachers guiding me, and a room of students supporting me.

The teachers (yes, plural) are super responsive over email, and the lessons guide you along the work slowly, and there is something for every type of learner. There are videos, step-by-step instructions, and plenty of outside resources. The number of things to do rarely feels overwhelming, as the lessons break it down so simply.

We have a Google group for everyone taking the class at the same time. Students post their work, share issues, and discuss the class overall. The teachers help students solve any issues with their work while guiding us in the proper way to ask tech questions, since many students have never done that before (it really is a valuable skill!). That's one of the most awesome things about the courses--it caters to those of us who are newer to the tech world and might feel completely lost in it. They explain the way that other more experienced developers tend to think about certain concepts (tabs vs spaces, ack!) and give you an introduction to the culture.

The courses were fun and challenging and super rewarding. Not to mention they are amazing resources to go back to once you launch your career in tech (which can seriously be right after finishing the course).

It's like Skillcrush pushes you to more than a head start--it pushes you to half way down the track.

• Rebecca  User Photo
    Rebecca • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I love how friendly and welcoming the course is. As a beginner and as a female I'm not daunted or over-whelmed by it being too technical or by feeling that others know more than I do. There is a good mix of videos, reading and practice examples that help to move you along quickly and keep you interested. However, it does go over some things a bit quickly so if you really want to learn the subject deeply you may need to do some of your own research and plenty of practicing. I have found the course to be a great introduction and it has motivated me to keep learning.

• Pamela Alvarez  User Photo
    Pamela Alvarez • Web Developer • Student Verified via GitHub

I'm about nearly done with my Skillcrush WordPress Developer Blueprint and I'm so glad that I took it! When it comes to choosing a bootcamp, I worry over whether it be lacking or too challenging. Skillcrush has perfected the ideal medium. The lessons are engaging and challenging enough not to stress you out. If you happen not to understand a lesson or have a bug on your project. Then you have the amazing mentors who are crazy fast with responding to you. They have even helped me with questions that were further advanced than what's taught. These mentors, I have noticed have great patience with getting a student to comprehension. They will answer in a way to get you to figure out the answer to your question before giving you the answer.There are also a group and one-on-one video call that you can schedule to join in. The students in my blueprint have been helpful as well. It's a comfortable vibe and an encouraging community.

There are plenty of resources. Tons! The pacing of the curriculum is doable and organized. Even if you fall behind with the schedule that they provide you. It's okay. You can always catch up and you can even go ahead of the pace. The mentors will still be in assistances to your questions.

In regard to job assistance, you can subscribe to a weekly job list via email and with this blueprint get an apprenticeship. The apprenticeship is stack with information of how to get a client or job. Once you attain a client and have any questions, the mentors will help you. I haven't finished my apprenticeship yet but have somewhat finished my site: https//:artistwhocodes.com

I'm enjoying my time with Skillcrush. I wished that I joined sooner than I did. Hope my review was helpful to anyone who's considering of joining.

• Vicki Greer  User Photo
    Vicki Greer Verified via LinkedIn

I just finishd the Front End Developer Blueprint from Skillcrush, and it was amazing.  The classes were definitely challenging and fun.  The instructors were friendly and very helpful. They were quick to respond to questions posted in the class forum.  while the class does have a recommended schedule, you can proceed at your own pace if you're having trouble, or, conversely, if you aleady know something and want to move more quickly.

I liked it enough that I'm going back for more.  I just started the WordPress Developer blueprint a few days ago.  I'm also digging further into JavaScript in all my (copious) spare time.

Blueprints are a group of related classes (usually 3 or 4) that allow you to cover topics in more depth.  A Blueprint typically lasts about 3 months.

Adda and company have done something wonderful for folks who are new to tech, and for folks who want a guided way to brush up their skills or learn something new.  You won't graduate knowing everything you need to get a senior-level development post, but you'll have a solid foundation and the knowledge of how, and where, to keep on learning.

• Why Skillcrush?
    - 2/23/2017
    Shellie Wilson  User Photo
    Shellie Wilson • Writer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

If you want to get into the tech industry, learn and have fun, Skillcrush is for you. I was looking for something new and stumbled upon Skillcrush. It piqued my interest and I took a free boot camp course they offered. It took me a couple of weeks to take the leap in signing up for an actual blueprint. During that time they reached out to me with very encouraging emails. They really connected with me. I feel like Adda is one of my best friends even though we have never spoken to each other.

Anyway, the best thing about this course is the structure and interaction. It is a manageable pace, just a class a day that takes about 1 hour depending on how much you practice. With each step or new concept, you are lead through some practice exercises which really cement the concepts and codes in your mind. The Office Hours are great. You connect online with a teacher and other classmates. It is a place to ask questions and get real answers that help. There is laughter and it is a very accepting and comfortable place to engage. Skillcrush has worked out all the bugs of how to offer an online course and they know their stuff about the body of knowledge for HTML and CSS.

I never dreamed this class would be so fun and engaging. This class really is going to offer me opportunities I would never have had. When opportunity knocks, you need to open the door to see what's on the other side. I am glad Skillcrush presented the door to me and I opened it! No regrets!

• Alvin  User Photo
    Alvin • Student Verified via GitHub

Seems most of the material of their front-end wordpress glaze over things and do not go into detail on the subjects. Better spending money on Lynda.

• Michael Scott  User Photo
    Michael Scott • Student Success Advisor • Applicant Verified via LinkedIn

I am about 2 weeks in to the Front End Developer Blueprint and I would highly recommend this Blueprint or investing in Skillcrush. I've gone through programs such as Udacity, Udemy, and Codeacademy, but what I like about Skillcrush's curriculum is that it takes a slow and steady approach to learning concepts for new beginners. I am very much a beginner and the curriculum has helped me to follow along and help me retain the information. Other programs seem like they take a giant leap in their curriculum and it's hard to keep up. Plus, Skillcrush seems to be geared for visual learners.

The only critique (which is very minor) would be the "Mark as complete" option when we get to practice coding. Sometimes I think it would be helpful to show me my errors in the text editor before I move on to the next section. I think I have been able to move on to the next sections by completing the exercises, but I'm not 100% sure if they are correct.

All in all, I have really enjoyed this experience and I would definitely recommend this program not just to a female demographic, but a male demographic too. I like the push for women in tech and I think Skillcrush does a great job to empower women and learners in general. Thank you Skillcrush and I hope to become an outstanding Alumni and seek a full-time web developer job!

• Dana O'Neil  User Photo
    Dana O'Neil • Mom Verified via LinkedIn

I am currently finishing up week 2 of the Skillcrush Front end Development Blueprint and I have already had several aha moments. I will admit I am a woman and I have limited experience with coding and the decision to begin was difficult. I was intimidated. I have been a stay at home Mom for the past 16 years and thinking that I could start a brand new career in my 40's was terrifying and to be honest I thought was impossible. Then came Skillcrush. Adda has provided a curriculum that is user friendly and the environment is encouraging. By the end of week one curriculum I feel like I have a soldi grasp of HTML basics. My confidence level is skyrocketing and I for the first time believe I can have a career as a front end developer. Thank you Skillcrush for providing an education that speaks to me and for providing this curriculum in several different mediums to reach the different levels that I learn. I look forward to the next lesson and find that I lose track of time as I am actually enjoying my education. I can't wait to complete this Blueprint and begin the next one!

• Heather  User Photo
    Heather Verified via LinkedIn

So far I am really enjoying the skillcrush program! I am doing to the Wordpress Bootcamp which entails the Front-end Developer, Web Design and Wordpress Developer blueprints. The lessons have been fun to learn and just enough information is given to teach you the materials but not overwhelm and freak you out. I am only two weeks in on the Front-end Developer blueprint which is all the basics of building a website. There are many resources for you to use as you go through each lesson including your class group, which is really helpful! My only suggestion as of now that would make it better is for during the practice in each lesson. It doesn't tell you if your code is right or wrong and it is a little difficult to know if your doing it the right or most concise way. All in all, I am enjoying my time so far and cannot wait for more!

•  Andreas Markou  User Photo
    Andreas Markou • Software support consultant • Student Verified via LinkedIn

The best learning experience I have come across. Skillcrush is welcoming from the very first contact and does everything possible to make the learning experience fit the individual. There is no-pressure with the 'try it and see' experience via the Introductory Bootcamps to help you decide if it is for you. There is ongoing flexibility for choosing, changing or adding learning modules. There is always a quick human response to requests for help with any issue or question.

The module content is authoritative and well organised, just the right amount & depth for initial understanding and practice of concepts, with plenty of links to etxra resources when you want more. They style of audio visual and written material is upbeat, positive and engaging. At the end of each week it's impressive to see how much has actually been covered.

All perspectives of professional web work are covered: - design .v. development, creative .v. technical, choosing the necessary software tools, establishing your credentials via portfolio and resume preparation. Course delivery is by a great team of people with real world experience and knowledge. An extended network of Skillcrush associates provide additional free 'Master Classes' on a wide range of professional workplace topics.

• Unfairly Executed • Student

If you are a man and you want to learn coding I promise you there are other places you could go that are much better than this joke of a coding school. They claim they are a coding school with a heart but that is all a bunch of bullshit.  They banned me for life for a misunderstanding without even trying to understand my culture or me as a person, They branded me and then banned me. Even after I apologized. The crazed feminist culture in that company is stifling. If you do decide to join skillcrush and you are a man keep your head completely down and know that if you make the female overlords unhappy they will destroy you under the false pretense of doing it "for the best" The courses were ok but if you ask me not worth the money at all you could certainly get the same information online on Udemy or Udacity or other great sites like Treehouse or Pluralsight. Yes, you get feedback from teachers via email or via slack but that again is a dangerous thing if you are a man, This company is terrible and with directors like Caro and Cristy you would do better finding a much better- more positive company. The company lies, they are not a coding school with a heart, they are just a coding school with a heart for women only.

• Tannie Duong • Visual Designer • Student

I went into this course closing my eyes and falling through. They seemed genuine and honest in their first marketing pitch I saw back in the end of 2017, and beginning of 2018. I remember there was quite a bit promised; if there was one thing that the marketing did, it promised a slew of tech pathway courses that would help you become a "full stack developer," but I think the Break Into Tech Blueprint Course that was offered is geared a lot more towards front-end development. I didn't quite understand the terms very well when I first started, but have since decided on a particular pathway now that I'm near completion.

My experience with this online schooling program has been very positive. In hindsight, you really get a whole lot for less than $2000 grand; I went to 6 year private art university and haven't felt nearly as prepared to find work as this course. That said, my learning was a supplement for my current degree, in which I want to evolve it into another career pathway. Without what I learned in my previous school, everything would have been much more time consuming.

What I can say is that online schooling is very different from a hands-on classroom -- there are instructors ready to help you with any questions you may have, but sometimes, its hard to just learn on your own. Some people thrive, this way, and some others do not. If you have trouble through the silent moments when you have no one to talk to, any online schooling program is not for you. Despite not having a real time instructor, this forced me on many occasions to problem-solve solutions for myself; which is actually a valuable skill to have in any job application, and probably a big part of being in any kind of tech development job. To sum this up, it's incredibly frustrating to feel alone while you're learning this way (and you're not always alone, there's a slack community of students, alums, and teachers), but actually, the reward is well-worth the madness sometimes.

For my time spent on this course, I learned a great deal about HTML/CSS core principles, basic Javascript to get me through the door, and a better graphic/visual design arsenal geared towards web design/development. Well, worth the time and money I put in.

Highly recommended.

• Steven • Student

This is my first time taking an online course of any kind and the thought was pretty daunting. However, all the videos, resources and immediate feedback from questions has been incredible so far. It's been fairly easy to learn with the bite sized chunks they give you. And what's great is if you take a break and come back, it's very easy to give yourself a quick refresher since the videos are only about 5mins long. While I'm still in the first phase, I think this course is incredibly worth it. The only downside is the extra software you will have to purchase in order to complete the assignments. But, I think it's better than doing a course at a university in my opinion. Looking forward to learning more about coding and overall web development along with an eventual specialized interest in in UX design.

• Jo Hartenberger • Student

I’ve been a graphic designer for years, but only began to consider the coding side of things because of three priorities:  1) I want to be challenged to learn more and grow in my career(there’s a limit to print design, and it has only a few dimensions!), 2) work from home with my daughter, 3) and make better freaking money!!

I should have done this ages ago and tried other courses like Lynda.com, YouTube tutorials, websites with information... But look guys - there’s a shit ton of info on how to hack sites and create websites, how am I supposed to know what I don’t know and find what I need in what is actually overwhelming not for the technicalities, but because a lot of guys actually veil the knowledge to make it less approachable. Plus, retaining a new language takes practice, projects, quizzing, reiteration, and a whole heck of encouragement when you get stuck!

ENTER SKILLCRUSH. Imagine a course with experts there to guide you to the next thing you need to do, give you the RIGHT way to do things, and then, they go and make it FUN AND BEAUTIFUL!!! Is this too good to be true? Googling things is cool and all, but I personally lose so much steam when I have to sort thru crappy sites and poor information that may not even be right, but how do you know? And I need to get there FASTER! My sweet kiddo is changing every day and I’m missing out big time on all of the fun moments that happen when I’m not there. Efficient, beautiful, fun, and just dern approachable, skillcrush is totally flippin’ awesome. Oh! And guys! They have a whole team or amazing, upbeat, go-getting coaches who are there to help down to the freaking interview process?!?!?!

Im so thankful Adda got fired from her job so that she created this amazing empire of women coders - it’s a cool story you all should check out:) SHE’S a Phoenix!!!

• Ashren • Student
    I've been trying to teach myself coding, but it's a lot harder than I was expecting. I considered attending a bootcamp, but just couldn't afford $15,000 for it. Skillcrush has been amazing with support, feedback, an online community, and the content is great! I love the video explanations, reading for a refresher, then you do some exercises leading up to your project. I've only been enrolled for about a week or so and I really feel like this has been a great investment for myself already! I can't wait to see what else is in store for me!