skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is a woman-owned, independent, online coding & design school founded in 2012. Skillcrush offers both free and paid programs, including the self-paced Break Into Tech + Job Guarantee program, which prepares students for entry-level positions in front end development and design. Skillcrush is on a mission to empower career changers — with a special focus on women and BIPOC — with the technical skills they need to transition into higher-earning, more fulfilling and flexible careers in tech.

Students who enroll in the Break Into Tech program will have access to both the Front End Developer and Designer career tracks. The curriculum covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Git, Github, visual design fundamentals, and more. Once students complete the technical skill building portion of the Break Into Tech (about 16-20 weeks), they receive 180 days of hands-on job search support including 1-on-1 and group coaching, and the opportunity to interview with Skillcrush employer partners.

Skillcrush is an open enrollment school, so no application is necessary. Skillcrush has trained over 20,000 students, and has an over 90% success rate of placing students in qualified jobs with an average time to get hired of 8-10 weeks.

Skillcrush offers tuition assistance for people who are unemployed, full-time students, and current or former military service members. Skillcrush encourages students to email hello@skillcrush.com to discuss payment options.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (412) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (10) articles about Skillcrush →
  • (1) Break Into Tech Program + Job Guarantee: Front End Developer Track

Our Front End Developer course is an online, self-paced, comprehensive job training program that includes 180 days of career support and is backed by our job guarantee. In as little as three months, you’ll go from zero coding knowledge to being a job ready front end developer with skills in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Git, and React with our accessible, fun, and expertly designed coursework — which includes tons of real-world practice and 1-on-1 instructor support and mentorship. Once you’re job ready, you’ll enter our program’s Get Hired portion, where you’ll receive 180 days of job search support, including 1-on-1 coaching on your resume, portfolio, and interviewing skills. You’ll also learn our unusual — but extremely effective — job search strategy, attend weekly group coaching and communicate with your career coaches and fellow job seekers via Slack and email, and have the opportunity to talk to Skillcrush employer hiring partners. We’re so confident in our process that we'll fully refund your entire program fee if you haven’t received a qualified offer within 180 days of starting your job search.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $229 or one payment of $2499
    Refund / GuaranteeJob Guarantee: Full refund if you have not received a "qualified" job offer within 180 days of starting your job search. Satisfaction (No Regrets!) Guarantee: If you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 14 days, we will refund your money.
    ScholarshipWe offer tuition assistance for people who are unemployed, full-time students, and current or former military service members. If any of these describe you, we encourage you to email hello@skillcrush.com to ask if you qualify.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis program is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
    Prep WorkNone
  • (2) Break Into Tech Program + Job Guarantee: Designer Track

HTML, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Our Designer course is an online, self-paced, comprehensive job training program that includes 180 days of career support and is backed by our job guarantee. In as little as three months, you’ll go from zero design knowledge to being a job ready designer with skills in web and visual design fundamentals, branding and identity design, and HTML and CSS with our accessible, fun, and expertly designed coursework — which includes tons of real-world practice and 1-on-1 instructor support and mentorship. Once you’re job ready, you’ll enter our program’s Get Hired portion, where you’ll receive 180 days of job search support, including 1-on-1 coaching on your resume, portfolio, and interviewing skills. You’ll also learn our unusual — but extremely effective — job search strategy, attend weekly group coaching and communicate with your career coaches and fellow job seekers via Slack and email, and have the opportunity to talk to Skillcrush employer hiring partners. We’re so confident in our process that we'll fully refund your entire program fee if you haven’t received a qualified offer within 180 days of starting your job search.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $229 or one payment of $2499.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis program is perfect for career changes with zero design or coding experience.
    Prep WorkNone
  • Sarah Keha  User Photo
    Sarah Keha • Student Verified via GitHub
    I am on my way to becoming a fullstack developer and I am so happy I choose skillcrush. When I was looking for a place to learn, the most important part was having a teacher to talk to individually incase I got stuck. I am so happy with skillcrush because their responses are so quick and respectful. They even have live zoom chats that have helped immensely! I am so excited to keep chuggin away and I know they have my back to get me to my dream of web developing!
  • Hui Chieh J.  User Photo
    Hui Chieh J. • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I'm glad I gave Skillcrush a chance when I decided to pursue a career change into tech. I'm currently taking the Break Into Tech - Front End Developer fast track. Skillcrush lessons are self paced but without deadlines for assignments, plus you get feedback from Instructors and TAs in a timely manner. I absolutely love the community support from like-minded people who are also looking for a career change. It's never too late for anyone to do something different. You don't need a background in computer science to get started. You begin with the basics and are given exercises to try after each lesson. It's been lots of fun learning to code. I would highly recommend Skillcrush if you're looking to get into tech.
  • Shannon Fassett  User Photo
    Shannon Fassett • Financial Sales • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Hello!
    Skillcrush has provided me the opportunity to learn at my own pace and the instructors respond to my every email question within minutes!  The instructors are inspirational, positive, and communicate in an easy-to-understand manner.  This is an excellent platform to learn and they provide career guidance.  So far I am having fun learning, and I look forward to getting my first job in tech very soon, with their help of course!!

Shannon Fassett
  • Embarrassed
    - 4/24/2021
    Axel Jorgensen  User Photo
    Axel Jorgensen • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I am absolutely embarrassed that I not only made this purchase but initially gave this course such a high review. This is a bare bones dip in the shallow end of front end web development. This will not get your anywhere close to being ready for a real web development position. Their react section was an atrocious joke. The javascript here is nothing but a taste test of the absolute basics. Once you complete the course they basically tell you to start looking for freelance positions after you've had your hand held through a few really simple projects. You will feel lost and feeble in your abilities. I went to codecademy afterwards and even after getting through the ENTIRE front end engineering course I am still probably a small ways away from landing a career worthy job. Unless you have a sizeable chunk of money to burn and you want your hand held through the absolute basics this course is absolutely not worth it. The only face to face I had with an instructor was with someone who didnt give me any real direction and just affirmed that I was doing well with their course. it was a joke.
  • Victoria F.  User Photo
    Victoria F. • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    If your life situation is a little less than conventional (and whose isn't, right now? Hello, 2021! 🤣) but you know in your bones that you need to start putting in the work to switch careers like, yesterday, Skillcrush is an excellent place to begin. I'm a current student taking the Break into Tech course, with a focus on front-end development. I don't have the time or resources to attend a in-person bootcamp or traditional school-I researched these options before discovering Skillcrush! What I *do* have? An hour or two a day to start gradually learning and building my tech skills! Skillcrush is structured beautifully to deliver the information and practice I need, in bite-sized baby steps! You are encouraged to learn how to tackle problems or bugs on your own (real-world life skills!), but are never, ever left out in the cold-there's an active, supportive Slack community of fellow students and alums, Instructors that are easy to reach out to...I seriously look forward to my 2 "Skillcrush" hours every day, now! And I'm gradually building a portfolio of work! I'm so, so glad I made the commitment to myself to start this-I wish I'd started sooner, seriously!
  • NanjiP.  User Photo
    NanjiP. • Student Verified via GitHub
    I worked as an IT Analyst for couple of years, during the start of the Covid crisis, I lost my job, I was looking for work but was unsuccessful, I then decided that I want to change career, I decide that I want to be a Developer, I decide to teach myself the basics and the concepts in Web Development, by watching YouTube videos and Udemy courses, but they are not in-depth, for couple of months I was looking for a Bootcamp course, I went through and had a look at all the schools, and then I found Skillcrush, I thoroughly read all the reviews about them and(a lot of positive reviews)the cost of the course impressed me, I then applied for their 5 day free boot-camp course to get a taste on how they work, loved it, and so I enrolled in Front End and UX design course. I have completed the HTML, CSS part of course and am amazed at how far I have progressed on the course. Tutors are always available to assist and answer questions, I don't really have anything negative to say.
  • Mathew S.  User Photo
    Mathew S. • Soon to be Web Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I spent 18 years in a career that was not for me. For a long time I thought I couldn't change careers but after searching around for a boot camp style course I settled on Skillcrush. I chose them due to the five day free boot camp introduced me to how they work. I am just completing the HTML and CSS part of course and am amazed at how far I have come. I don't really have anything negative to say. It's good stuff.
  • Break Into Tech
    - 1/9/2021
    Steve Sitte  User Photo
    Steve Sitte • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    - 1/8/2021
    Robyn Jackson  User Photo
    Robyn Jackson • Student Verified via GitHub
    Web developer student continuing my programming education through Skillcrush after graduating with AA degree. I only completed beginning and intermediate html/css courses at my community college. After much research and trials, I chose Skillcrush because I believed it to be the best learning format for me, I felt they offered a solid curriculum that would be tailored to my educational goals and needs, and I really found their stance on diversity and support for women in tech very attractive.
  • Phoebe  User Photo
    Phoebe • Web Developer • Applicant Verified via GitHub
    I was motivated to give coding/web development a go whilst I was on furlough in my HR role through the COVID lockdown in May 2020, after researching the roles and seeing the growing demand in jobs along with the salaries and benefits included. I first started out by watching and practicing to code from YouTube videos and continued by enrolling in a free coding camp and bought a £20 Udemy course. These helped teach me some of the basics, however, they weren't in depth or motivating enough for me to feel confident about starting a career in the field. (Be aware that I had no prior experience in I.T or coding from school/college.)

I had heard about Skillcrush whilst researching online courses and attended a live Q&A with the owner Adda who was great- passionate and very informative. I decide to finally take the plunge when they had a deal with React and advanced CSS included with the break into tech course. They also gave a $300 discount for those who attended the Q&A. For me at the time it was quite a lot of money and so I hoped it would be what I was looking for to help me to get a job in development.

Simply put - this is THE BEST purchase I have ever made without a doubt. The course is completely beginner friendly, yet goes into enough depth to challenge you and teach you the real skills needed for a career in web development. Unlike the other courses I mentioned above that I had tried, Skillcrush's tutors are always there to help and answer any questions fairly quickly and makes the experience more personal and friendly, you also get lifetime access to the course and discounts off of other add on courses such as python (which I intend to do). Thanks to Skillcrush I successfully landed my current job role as a web developer in September 2020 (which was the first interview that I actually went for). I am so thankful that I made the career change into the tech industry with the help of Skillcrush and I wouldn't recommend anyone else.

You 100% get what you pay for with online coding courses and Skillcrush's 'break into tech course' is worth every penny. If you're serious about starting a career in development, I highly recommend taking the leap and getting this course as I wouldn't be where I am now without them and feel proud to have up-skilled and absolutely love my career in web development and working in the tech industry.

10 STARS!
    Thank you Skillcrush.
  • Break into tech
    - 11/30/2020
    Elena  User Photo
    Elena • Student Verified via GitHub
    To be honest I am really really shocked that there are so many good reviews about Skillcrush in here. I have bought the Break into tech course, and have been learning coding since 2020 February. The HTML and CSS parts of that course were quiet okay. But JavaScript, PHP, Git, jQuery - those are a joke! I am very very disappointed. The information that they provide is not enough at all. I feel like I have wasted 1500$ for a childish course and after it I was not able to find a job. The projects in JavaScript part are terrible. LOL CAT CLOCK? Really? Magic 8 Ball? How is anyone gonna hire me with such projects? And how am I going to create my own projects if the curriculum of JavaScript is so short? I am very very disappointed.
     After Skillcrush Break into tech course I felt like the information I received on the course is very very very very far from what the employers are looking for. The programming part really didn't teach anything. I needed to support my learning my learning with other resources. So I looked for some free or cheaper options (as I have wasted my learning budget on Skillcrush), I found some others much much better quality courses on Udemy and paid for them £18 each. And those cheap courses explained in depth how the JavaScript engine works, gave lots and lots of examples of ES6, guided through interesting, real-life projects, such as bank app. Even some videos on youtube teach you more then this 1500$ 'worth' course.
    Honestly, I feel like I have been fooled. Would never buy any other course from Skillcrush. Very overpriced. Wouldn't pay more than 150$ for such a childish incomplete course.
  • Gayla Story  User Photo
    Gayla Story • UX & Product Designer • Verified via LinkedIn

After recently changing to a UX career 3 years ago, I realized my visual skills were lacking. Although I am capable of teaching myself, with a job and everyday life, I needed the structure of having a curriculum laid out for me that could be worked on at my own pace. I was so excited to hear about Skillcrush from a friend! I am now finishing the visual design course and trying to decide which bootcamp to take next! May change to a different tech career - who knows! The price is right, the staff is fantastic and always available and there's absolutely no stress!