skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.81

all (369) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (9) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Mark • Freelance Consultant

As someone with an engineering technical background, as business owner and a practicing artist, I had very little previous experience with the meta-world of applied web design. The course was a great introduction and overview of the work flow, design processes, terminology, software tools and design resources needed to begin either professional-level work as a junior web designer or as an overview to support other Information Design objectives. Highly recommended.

• SkillCrush
    - 12/22/2016
    Esther Maxwell • Entrepreneur Freelance Graphic Designer

Learning to Code/Design/Enter the incredible world of technology. The structure is sound & well balanced in this course. Step-by-step instructions & set up in bits & pieces so you can absorb it well while practicing it. The team & teacher support here is fantastic & they keep tabs well with you, as well as respective classmates. Look forward to this course if you register, you will not regret the decision you make to delve into this & this industry in specific.

Cheers & Happy Coding,

Esther Maxwell

• Kirsten DiVito • Student

These courses are broken down into baby steps with fun lesson challenges. It allows people who have no experience coding to get started and not become overwhelemed. There are lots of books and youtube videoes, blogs, etc... out there that you can try to learn how to code from but Skillcrush makes learning code so much more attainable with its easy to understand course work. Also, lots of support from other students and instructors when needed! I've tried to teach myself html & CSS from other resources in the past and ended up feeling defeated and confused. I am very happy to have found Skillcrush!

• Matt Mortensen

Skillcrush was amazaing at not only teaching me the syntax and structure of programming but also the concepts that most don't think about when starting in the tech industry, like web hosting, using photoshop to help build your website, etc. I think the biggest take away for me was the groups of people I got to interact with on a daily basis. I always thought posting and replying on forms was such a taunting task that I convinced myself to reaserch for hours until I found my answer but thanks to the Instructors making it seem so painless and easy to ask questions, I was able to finally overcome that fear and now I actually enjoy commenting, and posting on forms. I would defitnely recommend this to anyone who's wanting to step into the tech industry.

• Kim • Video Producer • Student

I am on my second Skillcrush Blueprint - I did the Web Developer one and I'm now doing their Front End Developer Blueprint. I love how the courses are so upbeat and encourage you to keep you going. They take what might be seen as complicated topics and show you that you can do it. After doing a lesson I always feel like I've learned a lot without the frustration typical of other online coding courses. I think the pricing is great for what you get and I love being part of a community that starts and ends at the same time.

• Cathy Deane • Student

I enjoy doing Skillcrush interactive lessons. They are so easy to learn the steps and to learn the formulas. I am taking Front End Developer Blue Print. Which I didn't know anything about and Skillcrush is making it so easy to learn from A to Z. I will be also taking WordPress Blue Print. Can't wait, I want to get the best training out of both programs, so I can land that career I always wanted.

• Carlos Chico • Student

Skillcrush Review

Give Us Feedback On Your Experience With Skillcrush

Skillcrush 101, 102, 104: Html, Css, JavaScript, Command Line, Git, & *Ruby Programming.

Carlos M. Chico

Summary

Skillcrush provides its students an empowering and friendly experience while facilitating the advancement of students’ skills into tech in a very simple, interactive, and real-tech hands on experience. I came to Skillcrush with a failed fancy four-year university bachelors degree. The Skillcrush team went three x above my expectations. I do not feel like a muggle any more, but confident in the real-tech skills I earned, or at any rate acquired through the Skillcrush team. I recommend Skillcrush 100%.

Critique

Skillcrush tech skills and experience in a systems overview:

INPUT

OUTPUT

·      Real-Tech Skills

·      Confidence in Programming

·      -Beyond- Entry Level Tech Ready

My experience at Skillcrush has empowered me to build websites, write in html web pages, use CSS to make sites look better, develop programs with JavaScript, jQuery, apps with Ruby programming and ready for a career in tech. I am delighted to recommend Skillcrush!

• Thelma

I love that the lessons are broken down into simple chunks that are easily digestible. Lessons are simplified via the short videos that are fun and broken down for non-techy types. More advanced students might find these explanations too simplistic but I feel that learning should be accessible, especially for people who are looking to change careers and are possibly treading on uncharted territory.

The quizzes are a great way to reinforce learning. I found myself high-fiving myself with each one that I scored 100% and even 86%!

I do think that the Photoshop lesson should either be updated, expanded, or offered as its own standalone course. Perhaps it could included expanded lessons on wireframing. It definitely needs to be updated for Adobe CC, as it's the latest iteration of Adobe products.

Google Groups is a pain to use. It's visually confusing and not user-friendly. Maybe Slack or another alternative forum like a private Facebook Group would work better for group communications.

Despite Google Groups' shortcomings - IMO - I love that the instructors are open to being emailed via the official email. It's great knowing that there's someone who can answer a question as an alternative.

I highly recommend Skillcrush to anyone looking to get their feet wet or even leaving the kiddie pool for the deep end.

• Laurentia Wehmeyer • Consultant - design, marketing and development • Graduate

This was the best course I could have signed up for. The first time in my adult life I enrolled into a creative course and it was fantastic. I enjoyed it sooooo much. It was a tough learning curve getting to know new terms and tools but I am sure it will be beneficial in my career forward. The videos were very helpful, the content was well and logically structured. The class project test our new skills and the instructors were very helpful in guiding us to understand what could be done better without saying do it like this or changes this like that; putting us in charge and in full control of our end results.  I would highly recommend this course!

• Lynne Most • Front End Web Dev and Designer • Student

I'm loving Skillcrush! Besides getting excellent instruction via both video and written lessons enabling you to see how, when and why to do things along with immediate opportunities to put the knowledge into practice, the presentations are fun, friendly and encouraging. I love the non-techy terminology too.

But the icing on the cupcake is that I feel like I've joined a special club of smart and witty women. I know there are guy students too (and I'm happy they are there), but it definitely has a "girlfriend" feel to it and that's a big part of what attracted me.

The only thing I'd change would be to make the video intro music a little shorter. It's catchy and I really like the tune, but 3 months of it is probably going to be a bit much. Truthfully, I'm not tired of it yet - but I'm only 2 weeks in to the course :)

• SO HAPPY!
    - 12/7/2016
    Carla • Graphic Designer

I am so happy and grateful to have found this course! I'm working on the Front End Developer part of the bootcamp course and I'm so excited to learn new things everyday. Suddenly things make sense! Also considering my current work situation, Skilcrush has really helped me build my confidence back up.

I cannot recommend Skillcrush enough, it has the right mix of videos, visuals and reading to help you understand all that is involved.

• Awesome Course!
    - 12/6/2016
    Mitch B. • Student

Web development and computer language is something that I have long been interested in learning.  This course has been awesome so far, and I love being able to learn with it at my own pace.  Being able to go back over a past lesson anytime to freshen up is cool too.

I can't wait to start applying these skill to my current ventures as well as new ones to come.  We can never be too skilled or too valuable....this educational platform is an incredible value and I would recommend it to anyone.