skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (340) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (9) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • freelance editor • freelance editor • Student

I am super impressed with the class design. Each day has a couple of topics broken down into bite sized chunks. First we watch a video that gives us an overview, then we read about it, we see examples of it, then we practice doing it ourself. It seems like just the right amount of practice too. I think too much practice would feel like busy work and make adult learners resentful. I think it is just the right amount and with the tools and cheatsheets we have been given, we have the ability to piece together the things we don't quite remember. So far, I am really pleased with this class. I am looking forward to figuring out how I will be able to use this new knowledge and skills to make a career change.

• Amy Dang • Student

Skillscrush lesson makes learning tech a piece of cake. It's the way they deliver the lesson. I am only my 2nd week in the blueprint, and I already feel that once I am done with the blue print, I will be ready to go out there and start my career in tech.

I strongly recommend SkillCrush to anyone who wants to start a tech career.

• Martin Slack • Student

Although I have been developing Wordpress sites for several years, I was so pleased that I started the Skillcrush Wordpress Developer Blueprint right at the beginning.

It is extremely thorough and teaches all the HTML5 and CSS best practices.

The curriculum is very well designed to suite individual needs and time availability. You can go at your own pace, fast or slow, steady or bursts and the Google Group provides support for everyone.

Ultimately, the series of courses is designed to give you the skills and experience to work as a freelance WP Developer.

The month-by-month career plan has been carefully thought through to cover all the steps needed to prepare you for a career as a freelancer.

Most importantly, it is slowly but surely giving me the confidence to be able to call myself a developer.

• Lisa Dodson

The daily breakdown in the curriculum is great.  It helps me feel accomplished when I can complete a day and commit changes! It also logically builds upon skills from day to day.  I have not had much need or opportunity to participate in the Google Hangouts/Zoom face to face office hours; however, the instructors are really good at responding to questions in the class's Google Group.  When I hit a roadblock, I never have to wait very long to get guidance on how to fix things.

I had been looking a Skillcrush for a while and after attending a day-long virtual conference that they held, I decided to take the plunge with the Wordpress Developer Blueprint.  No regrets!  I was already slightly familiar with WP but sort of fumbled through it, I feel like I'm actually learning it as a developer and learning coding skills instead of just plugging things into fields through the WP admin.

I haven't had much opportuntity to explore job assistance yet unless this means the resume building webinar, so I can't give it 5 stars yet.

• Sherry • Student

I love how easy the classes are to follow. I went in skeptic thinking that it would bore me to death like other online courses out there but I WAS SO WRONG! Now I'm loving every second of it learning. It's the first time I'm taking a course and actually enjoying learning. the courses are so engaging that I'm speeding through the course.

**I'm giving 3 stars for instructor rating just because I haven't talked to any of them but they replied so fast when I asked a question before going into the program which is a ++

• Kari • Copywriter + Visual Designer • Student

I'm really happy that I chose to go with Skillcrush. I was totally frustrated by my current freelance writing career and wanted a course that would give me basic design skills and provide learning support throughout.

I chose freelance because they provided so much value and cheerfulness up front, through webinars, e-books and emails. It sounded like a guided learning experience from people who cared about their community, which is so much more helpful than courses where you're left on your own.

The classes taught me the basics of Adobe design tools and my instructors gave really helpful feedback. It was fun, and the course materials gave me a clear sense of how to do each project. I even got my first job involving these skills before the end of the class, so I have a lot more confidence going forward.

*My one recommendation would be to just *talk about* responsive wireframing -- I have no idea whether for apps or games we'll have to start on different-sized canvases, and my first job involves wireframing and everyone's so insistent on responsiveness in job posts.

• Jesselynn Amerling • Jr. Developer

I have completed Skillcrush's Front End Developer and Visual Designer blueprints. They were both awesome! I really like how Skillcrush holds your hand (virtually) through all kinds of tools and concepts. They shrink down complicated procedures and have students do small chunks at a time so you don't feel overwhelmed. I didn't have to spend much time Googling answers to questions because they were already there! (Of course, you can always ask an instructor too).

Now I have a job as a Jr. Developer that I feel extremely lucky to have AND I'm about to dip my toes in freelance design work. I'm super excited to go back through some of the tutorials, especially JavaScript, and review some lessons so I can add more skills to my resume :)

I wish I had some constructive critisicm.. All I can say is please make more curriculum! I think I saw a Ruby on Rails blueprint way back when? Let's bring that back.

• Mark • Freelance Consultant

As someone with an engineering technical background, as business owner and a practicing artist, I had very little previous experience with the meta-world of applied web design. The course was a great introduction and overview of the work flow, design processes, terminology, software tools and design resources needed to begin either professional-level work as a junior web designer or as an overview to support other Information Design objectives. Highly recommended.

• SkillCrush
    - 12/22/2016
    Esther Maxwell • Entrepreneur Freelance Graphic Designer

Learning to Code/Design/Enter the incredible world of technology. The structure is sound & well balanced in this course. Step-by-step instructions & set up in bits & pieces so you can absorb it well while practicing it. The team & teacher support here is fantastic & they keep tabs well with you, as well as respective classmates. Look forward to this course if you register, you will not regret the decision you make to delve into this & this industry in specific.

Cheers & Happy Coding,

Esther Maxwell

• Kirsten DiVito • Student

These courses are broken down into baby steps with fun lesson challenges. It allows people who have no experience coding to get started and not become overwhelemed. There are lots of books and youtube videoes, blogs, etc... out there that you can try to learn how to code from but Skillcrush makes learning code so much more attainable with its easy to understand course work. Also, lots of support from other students and instructors when needed! I've tried to teach myself html & CSS from other resources in the past and ended up feeling defeated and confused. I am very happy to have found Skillcrush!

• Matt Mortensen

Skillcrush was amazaing at not only teaching me the syntax and structure of programming but also the concepts that most don't think about when starting in the tech industry, like web hosting, using photoshop to help build your website, etc. I think the biggest take away for me was the groups of people I got to interact with on a daily basis. I always thought posting and replying on forms was such a taunting task that I convinced myself to reaserch for hours until I found my answer but thanks to the Instructors making it seem so painless and easy to ask questions, I was able to finally overcome that fear and now I actually enjoy commenting, and posting on forms. I would defitnely recommend this to anyone who's wanting to step into the tech industry.

• Kim • Video Producer • Student

I am on my second Skillcrush Blueprint - I did the Web Developer one and I'm now doing their Front End Developer Blueprint. I love how the courses are so upbeat and encourage you to keep you going. They take what might be seen as complicated topics and show you that you can do it. After doing a lesson I always feel like I've learned a lot without the frustration typical of other online coding courses. I think the pricing is great for what you get and I love being part of a community that starts and ends at the same time.