skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (358) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (9) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.

• Kelley Clark Martin  User Photo
    Kelley Clark Martin • Marketing Consultant • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I can't remember how I stumbled on Skillcrush, but I'm glad I did. It's super accessible and easy to follow. I just finished the first section of the All-Access plan, and I can already see a marked improvement in my design work. I made things up by the seat of my pants before, and now I have methodology and a plan and it's great. My work looks and feels 1000% more professional. I am extremely confident that the investment I've made will pay off via my career.

As I go into my second section, I'm already being matched up with a career counselor. I think this will put my work in context and help keep my eyes on the prize. Thanks, Skillcrush!

• Abigayle Franklin

I am currently enrolled in the All Access Career Bluprint through Skillcrush. So far, I like how the lessons are broken up. I can be working at my 9-to-5 and take a quick 5 minute break to cover a step in that day's lesson and, at the end of the day, be through an entire lesson. I also greatly appreciate the use of the Google Groups. I participated in online classes before where I felt alone. The Google Group makes me feel more connected to my instructors and classmates. I feel like my work is greatly enhanced by having that feedback. Additionally, the instuctors are great for giving software suggestions. I was worried when I saw that I was going to have to sign up for trials of different software. I felt like might be a hugh push on me to sign up for those products, but the instructors have been good about informing us of alternative programs and going over some of the pros and cons of paid software vs open source or free.

If I were to list any cons - It would be that, getting into the blueprint, I had my mind set on a career of coding. So the initial classes of visual design is a bit confusing. I'm building a site to showcase my work, but I have no work to showcase. But I'm going to trust the process and go with the flow.

One last thing, totally nit-picky, they send out daily emails letting you know what to do for the day. Great if you need that nudge. However, I'm ahead of the emails. It feels like, since they track my progress, they could have the corresponding email sent out. Today, I got an email to do a lesson I did days ago. I don't even look at those emails anymore.

• Sonja • Student

I am in the final week of the first 3rd of my first course...did you follow that? ;)

I am enrolled in Visual Design and Front End Devlopment. I had majored in Photography in 2009. Aside from being slightly intimidated by the idea of jumping into a world I'd only had a "crash course" in years ago, I didn't want to rack up school loans.

Skillcrush was the answer for all that prevented me from moving forward with my education. It is affordable, user friendly and has such a good reputation. I did my research, because everything can sound "to good to be true". As it turned out, this online campus is exactly what I need.

The classes are organized, the one-on-one help and peer reviews are so helpful. The resources, tools and connections are invaluable and I am so excited to be able to use them in the future.

My only note for improvement lies within the Google Group. If Skillcrush could introduce Google groups and how it works for their class to its newcomers in their orientation, it would be greatly appreciated. I know a couple other students, along with myself, were new to google groups and got a little confused, about how threads work and the appropriate place to post questions and/or work in order to get feedback.  Skillcrush is not responsible for Google Groups' slightly chaotic setup, but if there was even a 3 minute segment on how to use it efficiently during the course, I think it would be helpful.

All in all, so far so good. I feel more prepared, more able and more encouraged to do what I want with my career. That in and of itself is worth the cost of the class (and I haven't even finished it yet)!

• Melissa • Student

I'm in the middle of the Visual Design blueprint & love it! The information is laid out clearly & it makes choronological sense, although it can be overwheming at times because there's a lesson every day (but you can decide your own schedule with it so that helps!)

I also love my teacher & our TAs - they're always really supportive and offer constructive feedback.

The only suggestion I would say is to stress that the prices are in US dollars because of how many people are doing it across the world. I live in Canada and was a little shocked at the price that came off my credit card at first because I forgot about exchange rates.

• Great course!
    - 6/14/2017
    Sandy Hayes • Graduate Student • Student

i wasn't sure about signing up at first due to the cost but they have a nice payment plan program for students taking the All Access Blueprint course. I'm not sure if they offer that with the shorter term programs. It has been amazing so far! I'm learning so much from the interactive lessons that really make you think about why you're doing what you're doing in the design phase. I just started a couple weeks ago but the support from the google groups is tremendous, I don't regret signing up for this at all!

• So far, so GREAT!!
    - 6/13/2017
    Stephanie Binderup • Problem Solver • Student
    I've been at this blueprint for eight days, and I'm over halfway through the first class. My teacher is responsive, offers wonderful suggestions, and shoots straight. Let's face it - I have next to zero experience, so I have an enormous learning curve (I stink at this). I am learning at my own pace and loving every minute of it! So far, this is the best learning experience I've had as an adult learner. I cannot wait to launch my first site!
  • Dave Mischler

I am several weeks into a Skillcrush blueprint and the program is very well designed.

They have a clear idea of what is important to learn in each area and focus on those key concepts.  The information comes in bite-sized chunks giving you time to process each step as you go. The information comes to you in at least a couple forms, video and writen, so it works well no matter how you learn best.  And they have hands-on practice exercises immediately after presenting a concept so you get to learn by doing right away.

The courses are built by series of lessons and each lesson is broken down into a sequence of steps.  Thus, while they provide a recommendation of what you might complete each week, it is very easy to do more or less than is recommended and work at your own pace to fit your schedule and learning approach. Overall, it is very efficient and works particularly well for someone who is new to coding and is holding down another job while building new skills

The instructors have been very responsive to email questions and typically overdeliver in their replies - they provide even more information than I expected - which is fantastic. The classroom group feedback sessions conducted over the web (via Zoom Meeting) have been very well led and have been really useful.  The tool used to hold those online group meetings is simple to use and enables participants to share work quite easily. Skillcrush also provides summary "cheat sheets", links to other resources and lots of help opportunities if you need it.

I highly recommend Skillcrush.

• Jeremy Willhelm • Student

After searching through the many different code schools or bootcamps, I came across Skillcrush.com. There are numerous reasons why I chose this option compared to the other camps available. The most important reason was the cost. I spoke with someone from Skillcrush and they worked out a plan so I can take their courses with my current budget. This allows me to learn new skills so I can be more marketable in the tech industry. The courses (Blueprints) are simple to follow and understand. I feel like they are really interested in me succeeding. The only downside is the Job assistance isn't "hand-holding" or assisted. Instead they offer numerous guides, tips and resources that you can utilize for either freelancing, or finding a job. I'm halfway through my All Access Career and already excited in the potential for starting in a new career.

• Lara Davis • Student

Skillcrush is the best of all worlds when it comes to learning styles.

Each lesson is designed in a way that it hits all different learning styles.  They combine videos with text transcripts, texted lessons with great resources to learn on your own.  Also, you have access to office hours, feedback sessions and Google groups.  No matter the question or roadblock you encounter there is a way to learn and the suites your style of absorbing and retaining information.

They give you all the tools to set you up for success because in the real world when you don't know something you will need to know how to find the answers.  I work with a web designer and developer who is completely self-taught and his best advice to me was 'know where to find the answers'.  Skillcrush is excellent at teaching you what you need to know to become a web developer/designer but they are even better at teaching you where to find the answers.

The class I am on right now is very challenging and some of the material does not match up with each other.  But I know other students have had the same issue and I am learning to form them and working the problems.  I would have to say I am actually pushing myself harder with this class because of these issues and I have been using all the recourses Skillcrush provides.

All in all, I would recommend Skillcrush to anyone who wants to make a change in their career.  I have received great support for a great network of people from the instructors to my fellow classmates. I have done self-paced learning before and this is by far the best experience I have ever had.

Skillcrush is amazing and I highly recommend it.

• Mr.
    - 5/20/2017
    Lombard Potgieter • Cap./ Skipper • Applicant

Hi all future Skillcrushers.

All my fiends call me Lam and i'm a master mariner RYA/MCA.

I absolutely love the quality, high standards and great support of the whole Skillcrush Team. I cant fault them on any thing and absolutely recommend any of these courses !

Have a great day and Good luck.. Future Skillcrushers !

Lam

• Kelsey F. • Financial Analyst

I started taking the Wordpress Developer blueprint a few months ago and I'm loving it so far. I love the daily emails that bring more structure and accountability to the program than I've found in other online coding schools. The feminine slant is also really nice--I know, it's code, but it doesn't have to be so dry! Skillcrush proves that.

The one thing I'd love to see from Skillcrush is an app. It'd be really helpful to be able to download and watch the videos during my commute so that I'm ready to get coding when I get home.

• Wordpress Bootcamp
    - 5/12/2017
    Roxanne • Virtual Assistant & Computer Repair Technician • Student

I've been going through the first couple weeks of the Wordpress Bootcamp which covers several topics I've wanted to learn for a while, and I absolutely love it! The instructions are clear, the challenges and lessons are fun, and the best part- the amazing community built through these courses. The instructors are very encouraging and eager to jump in with constructive criticism and suggestions when any of the students ask for help.

In the few lessons I've completed, I already feel like I've learned so much more than what I did when I was trying to teach myself on my own. I only had an extremely limited knowledge of HTML and CSS before starting the class, so it's been very refreshing to see how far I've come already. The resources and help they offer have been extremely valuable, and I love the fact that it stays available to you.

The relaxed atmosphere and the ability to complete the lessons at your own pace creates a comfortable place to really dig into the courses and still be able to manage other activities without feeling the guilt if you have to skip a day like I do! The other major plus I've found is the overall friendliness of the instructors. Being the painfully shy introvert that I am, I tend to avoid groups and video calls as intensely as I can. The camaraderie I felt when the students and instructors started posting in the "Introduce yourself" Google group was pretty much instant and I found myself actually eager to get to know everyone and be a part of the community.

In short, if you're looking for courses that will teach you what you want to know in a fun and energizing way, a community of varied students who cheerfully offer advice and support, a fantastic group of positive and encouraging instructors, then Skillcrush is definitely the source to go to. Even if you're not looking for those things, you should still give them a try! It's definitely the best decision I've made in paving the way to the career I've always dreamed of!

• Erin

I recently started in the 9-month WordPress Bootcamp. It's comprised of three different blueprints - Front End Development, WordPress Developer, Visual Design.  I think the daily lesson plans are appropriately planned to accommodate a full time working schedule; neither too fast or too slow.   The instruction is succinct and I like their blend of following a template, or fillin in the blank, with the student also providing content to learn each aspect.

The staff and other students are always accessible.  I am so pleased that I registered!