skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.81

all (339) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (8) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.

• Teni C.  User Photo
    Teni C. • Student Verified via GitHub

I say ‘timely’ because I happened upon Skillcrush completely by chance, during a rough time in my career, and I almost wish I had found it sooner.

Despite my lingering self-doubt in my ability to learn coding and development skills, I was convinced that they were worthwhile skills to learn, and the pitch for the Break Into Tech Blueprint was too enticing to pass up. I’m happy to say that Skillcrush has helped start to quench that self-doubt, and that ~5 months after beginning my blueprint I can officially add “Front-end Development,” “WordPress Development,” and “Visual Design” to my skillset.

The lessons were easy to digest, and the right balance of videos, text, challenges, tutorials, resources, and quizzes – all of which helped with practicing and retaining the materials. I got the right support from my instructors when needed, where they not only helped me work thru any challenges with my code, but highlighted how to approach the same problems in the future. I also appreciated how my instructors and classmates provided design feedback in a way that challenged my choices and perspectives, but without feeling rigged, prescriptive, or overbearing.

Right now, my next step is using the skills I’ve learned from Phase 1 and 3 to begin freelancing and searching for other fulfilling jobs as I work thru Phase 3. But I feel more optimistic about my future now than I was earlier this year, and more confident that I’ll find what I’m looking for, so I have the Skillcrush team and community to fully thank for that.

(Also -- for anyone who is unsure about taking the course, try the free Bootcamp course first like I did; it’s a glimpse of what the lessons actually look and feel like, and it was what ultimately convinced me to enroll into the full blueprint).

• Web Design Student
    - 10/24/2016

I can't speak for job assistence as I havn't made it that far through the course yet. As far as everything else about the course, I love it! Every lesson is broken down in a way that you gain so much knowledge without it seeming to overwhelming and daunting.

I do wish that there was a feedback 101 google group, as sometimes its hard to tell if I've gotten my code correct, but appart from that, I really am enjoying learning through Skillcrush.

everything was as advertised and if you're someone like me that needs that structured space for learning, but can't do deadlines, this is definitely a great place to start! I work full time and sometimes have to make everything up on the weekend, so its nice to not have hard deadlines.

• Anonymous • RN • Student

I have been incredibly happy with my Skillcrush experience. Prior to joining the Skillcrush Front End Developer Course, I had been desperately trying to find a way to learn to code and work full time. I had tried teaching myself some information, but the amount of information that I was unfamiliar with was daunting. I looked into a few ful-time boot camps but didn't have the time or the funds to attend. I wasn't sure I would ever be able to make a change in my career, until I found Skillcrush.

After searching around the Skillcrush website, I decided to give their free "10-day Boot-Camp" a try. The course was informative, easy to follow, and geared towards women- it was perfect! I decided to sign up for one of the (very affordable) blueprint courses, and I couldn't be happier.

I'm still able to work full time and fit Skillcrush classes in when I can. Information continues to be presented in manner that is easy to follow. I appreciate that lessons begin with a video, followed by some reading and a quiz. I have found the instructors and the students to be very helpful and supportive via the online forum and via email. I haven't finished my first blueprint yet, but I already have pages of additional learning resources (which I love).

I don't really have any recommendations for Skillcrush, their blueprints are perfect for those looking to learn a new skill or change careers and offer a light for women in a predominantely male field.

I took the Web Design blueprint last year ('15) and am currently in the Wordpress Developer blueprint. Both blueprints provided a great foundation in the languages that they are teaching. However, despite the breadth of information there is not as much depth as I would have liked. However, they provide many external resources to refer to, as you continue learning tech skills. Moving from Mightybell to Google groups is definitely an improvement. These groups allow you to discuss work with other classmates and with TAs and instructors, which allows for more personalized help than some online classes allow. The Master classes are great additions to help make the connection from what you are learning into the real world with people who are in the industry. Office hours are run through Google groups, which provides a lot of personalized help and to meet others face to face. The best part of taking Skillcrush classes is being a part of the community and all of their content. Signing up for their newsletter alone provides so many great articles on a weekly basis on all things tech. However, by taking classes you are invited to exclusive online webinars and summits and they provide you with great cheatsheets. These are lifesavers as they basically summarize what you are learning in bite-size chunks that you can use throughout your tech career. Finally, as alumni you are invited to join their Slack alumni channels, which keeps you engaged and accountable and a part of an amazing tech community.

• Anonymous • Realtor

I am not technically able, and I'm probably much older than the typical learner. (My teenagers shake their heads, muttering "elders and technology".) In the past, I have tried to learn HTML and CSS through books and through free and inexpensive online classes and videos.  Always, I got stuck after the first few lessons and abandoned the effort because of lack of support.  With Skillcrush, the pace of the learning and variety of ways to learn is actually helping to push me ahead.  The instructional videos are short, sweet clips you can watch when you have a moment.  The hands-on practice sessions are challenging and fun. When I have a question, I can participate in an online group where students and instructors can pitch in, or I can email an instructor directly. Each day I receive an email from the instructor and a list of tasks. As I complete a task, the screen visually records my progress. Further, Skillcrush provides a lot of bonuses like online resources, coaching for job search, and general rah-rah enthusiasm and encouragement that makes you feel that you can do this!  If you want to start walking and talking like a real, live coder, this is the place to start.

I'm currently enrolled in the Web Development Blueprint, and can't say enough good things about this curriculum. The syllabus provides detailed info on what is expected daily for the coursework, and even with a full time job, I am able to complete my daily assignments. Skillcrush provide shelpful handouts to review as well as resources to research on your own time. Teachers are available for questions throughtout the program, and always accessible. I had prior knowledge of HTML & CSS coding, which has been helpful for me in this class; however I feel you could excel with this class with no prior knowledge. I have already applied what I have learned to projects in my current job, and feel much more confident in my coding abiities. Skillcrush reps have sent us mulitple ways to get jobs in the industry as well.

• Skillcrush Review
    - 9/19/2016

I had been debating for about a year to sign up for a Skillcrush class, when I finally had, I regretted waiting so long. I thought while I was sitll in school I wouldn't have the time, but the class is so flexible it's not even an issue now that I'm working full time. Skillcrush instructors are FRIENDLY and helpful, and try to create the most supportive, judgement-free environment possible.

As someone with a creative background, but no experience designing for the web, this course was amazing. In 3 months, I learned an incredible amount just taking the hour long classes every day (or when I could get to them, they don't expire). The teachers are friendly, knowledgable, and provide really constructive feedback. You also get valuable feedback and inspiration from other students via the Hang Out sessions and in the Google Groups sessions. I feel confident in applying my new skills in a new career, and speaking of new career, not only did the Skillcrush team teach me how to design for web (and a bit of print as well, which I already had background in, but is good if you don't), they provide you with resources on how to write cover letters, resumes and - drumroll please - where to find an actual job with links to actual job posting sites for Tech jobs. My only complaint is that the Google Hang Out sessions fill up incredibly fast and it was hard to snag a time that worked for me. I'm only removing one star on Overall Experience for that reason.

I had been on the fence about starting a blueprint for quite some time and finally took the plunge. I could not be happier ad doing so. I am only on my third week but I feel that I will definitely get to where I need to be by the time I am done. I hope to continue taking other Blueprints like the Wordpress and Design ones and get a very clear understanding to better my current situation. I highly recommend the courese as it will guide you from absolute zero to actually understanding.

I am currently taking Skillcrush's Front End Web Development Blueprint as a refresher course for a Front End class I took back in January at a popular brick and mortar coding bootcamp.
    I have to say, the way the information is presented by Skillcrush blows this other bootcamp out of the water. So much more organized and streamlined.

Part of the reason I am taking the Blueprint is because I didn't feel confident enough after I left the bootcamp in my ability to start working as a freelancer. I felt that there were a lot of holes in my knowledge--for example, the bootcamp never discussed frameworks like Bootstrap. Not even a mention! Yet it took half a class to explain floats when skillcrush has managed to cover it in one short module. I realize coming into the Blueprint with previous knowledge has helped me pick it up easier, but I'm still impressed with Skillcrush's simple and playful learning program.

Kudos, Skillcrush!

Highly impressed with this course and Skillcrush's delivery. The lessons wereinformative but easy to follow, the exercises were practical and relevant, and the help chat forum was a life saver - the instructors responded promptly and effectively, and I was able to leverage other student's question and response threads to solve similar challenges I faced.

I was also impressed with the breadth of resources that were provided in an organized manner - learning to code can be overwhelming with the sheer amount of information out there to pick up and learn, but Skillcrush introduced me to the most used tools and resources early and added more and more helpful resources throughout the course.

Lastly, I loved that working through just three months of course material helped me put together a portfolio of real applications to demonstrate what I've learned. I also now feel very confident in my ability to venture onto personal projects with the ability to reference the work I've done and Skillcrush's curriculum.

I highly recommend this course and Skillcrush in general to kickstart your coding knowledge in any of the dimensions they offer!

I am 2 weeks into the Front End Developer Blueprint and the Visual Design Blueprint.  I am taking them at the same time,and it's actually working out well, since the information that is covered in both relates to the other at about the same place.  I have some prior HTML, CSS and design experience, although it's been about 8 years since I have done any coding.  I had built a Wordpress theme using youtube videos & google about 8 years ago, and it was incredibly challenging.  After that project, I still felt like I was missing some fundamentals and I was a bit burnt from the experience so I went back to my previous job, which was working as a clothing designer for a big company.  I left that job a couple of years ago to start a freelance design business & I started noticing that for every one job in the clothing design field there are about 40 jobs in tech.  I love working freelance & would like to maintain that lifestyle, so I decided it was time to add some additional skills to my freelance skill set, and Skillcrush is helping me get there.  I looked into several differnt boot camps & free coding classes.  There are a ton to choose from. I chose Skillcrush because I liked the fact that I could study from home on my own schedule, the price was reasonable ( lower than some of the other bootcamps), it was women focused, and it started at the beginning.  I liked way the website was organized, and I figured that would be indicator of how the classes are organized.  Now that I have started, the classes are easy to navigate & each day there is a digestable lesseon.  No lessons on the weekends, so if you get behind, you can catch up then.   Adda herself is the video instructor for the Web Developer and Randle instructs the visual design videos.  All the video are clear & very well produced (so much better than the youtube videos that I watched from yester year). Both women are a joy to watch & learn from. I'm very impressed with their teaching skills. I like the was the classes start at the begining and walk you through an ordred way of learning all with the direct prsult of helping you build a website or app.  The tools used and laguage seem up to date.  Overall, good experience so far.  I'm still near the beginning, but zero regrets.  Everyday I look forward to learning something new with the idea of eventually appling it all to a new career path.