skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (333) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (8) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Rolling Start Date
    Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Make 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / Guarantee
    We’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    This blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

$549
    Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Refund / Guarantee
    This blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

$549
    Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    $699
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Make 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    $549
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
    Refund / Guarantee
    This blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

$549
    Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Refund / Guarantee
    Comfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    $549
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    $549
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    $549
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Refund / Guarantee
    A solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.
    Interview

As someone with a creative background, but no experience designing for the web, this course was amazing. In 3 months, I learned an incredible amount just taking the hour long classes every day (or when I could get to them, they don't expire). The teachers are friendly, knowledgable, and provide really constructive feedback. You also get valuable feedback and inspiration from other students via the Hang Out sessions and in the Google Groups sessions. I feel confident in applying my new skills in a new career, and speaking of new career, not only did the Skillcrush team teach me how to design for web (and a bit of print as well, which I already had background in, but is good if you don't), they provide you with resources on how to write cover letters, resumes and - drumroll please - where to find an actual job with links to actual job posting sites for Tech jobs. My only complaint is that the Google Hang Out sessions fill up incredibly fast and it was hard to snag a time that worked for me. I'm only removing one star on Overall Experience for that reason.

• Imre • Student

After 3 weeks of studying at Skillcrush as a web development and a front end development student I have to say that the courses are as flexible as were promised to be (perfect for those who work fulltime), well structured, easy to follow, engaging and they've got plenty of useful resources. Not to mention that the staff is friendly & reacts promptly to inquiries.

• Great Resource
    - 8/24/2016
    Shayla • Student

The team at Skillcrush wants to see you succeed. The curriculum is easy to follow, with many resources for learning provided to you. Skillcrush makes learning about tech interesting, straighfoward and accessible.

• Liz • Graduate

I think these classes are great for anyone who wants to learn anything tech related. I am able to understand what is being said and then apply it to the practice each day. The quizes at the end really help me remember what I need to know. They also give you some great tricks and cheat sheets!

• Sally Woodcock • Student

I have been so impressed with the entire Skillcrush experience, from the moment I signed up for the first free emails right through to the excellent tuition I am now receiving on the Front End Developer Blueprint, I have felt hugely motivated and supported by the Skillcrush team. The accessibility and quality of the lessons makes learning a joy - the course is structured very thoughtfully, so that each new challenge feels perfectly pitched to give you a sense of real progress without overwhelming you. I feel like I have a team of cheerleaders on my side, willing me to succeed and boosting my confidence, which is so important to me as an anxious coding newbie!

Having previously tried to learn to code using free online resources, I cannot stress enough what a difference it has made to have Skillcrush's help in navigating through the vast swathes of information and jargon that can be so intimidating and confusing if you don't have a trustworthy guide - I really think that it's worth paying the very reasonable Skillcrush tuition fees to have access such inspiring and well-paced courses.

I really appreciate the way that the lessons can be completed on a flexible schedule and I have had no trouble keeping pace. Aside from giving you access to Skillcrush's own resources (including downloadable cheatsheets and guides), I love the way the course integrates and references other resources that are available online - the expertly curated list of links and suggested reading is really helpful and reinforces the sense that you're joining a wider coding community all working together for a better tech future for everybody!

As an international student (I'm in the UK), the only downside is that some of the job-seeking resources are focused towards those looking for work in the USA, but that is a minor quibble and Skillcrush has given me the confidence to reach out to find local networking opportunities.

For anybody considering learning to code, I cannot recommend Skillcrush highly enough.

• Kismet • Director of Admissions • Student

This is a great course for a busy single parent like me! I took a few web development classes at a nearby community college after my divorce, but didn't feel confident afterwards to practice what I had learned. In just two weeks, this HTML & CSS course has elucidated several concepts that have been deterring me from exploring this field further. I signed up for the class on a whim, or perhaps a gut instinct, and I'm so happy I did.

The lessons don't take much time and they are easy to follow. They're also full of online resources that I have been bookmarking like mad. I am already envisioning some made-from-scratch sites I can build where I can practice these skills. My interest in web development and programming in general was quite strong when I was trying to decide what to do professionally after my divorce, but I was so underconfident and worried about making mistakes that I couldn't get anywhere. Now I feel like I have the confidence to move forward and see what I can do with my skills, and see what else I can learn. I also feel more confident about trying out web development professionally, once I have some kind of portfolio under my belt.

Overall, the course is well thought-out and comprehensive, organized and completely do-able. I've seen a lot of training videos on Treehouse and Lynda that are dry as toast and just a tad standoffish, so I also appreciate the occasional humorous asides built into Skillcrush's lessons.

Well done, Skillcrush!

• Angela

I am currently enrolled and participating in the FED blueprint and I will be enrolling in the Wordpress Developer Blueprint once I'm done. But I am so glad and fortunate that I took the chance to enroll in a Skillcrush program. I initially tried to "teach myself" code, but I lacked focus and a clear cut structured path. Skillcrush gives me just what I needed along with an amazing group of others seemingly from all over the world. I enjoy the lessons. They are somewhat fast-paced, but still allows you to work at your own pace. I just like to keep up. There are quizzes at the end of each lesson plan to test your knowledge, plenty of examples on the assignments and it pretty much walks you step-by-step. During my week break I will go back over the lessons to make sure I'm feeling really comfortable with what I've learned so far. I can definitely say that Skillcrush has given me a brighter outlook on my future in technology and I couldn't be more pleased.

If you're contemplating on a structured path to get your feet wet and get moving to obtain a finished product with thorough guidance, then look no further and did I mention it's a a really good price!

I'm pleased and I hope you will be too.

Angela

• Daphnie Donnell • Remote Senior Quality Specialist • Student

I am currently taking the WordPress blueprint. I completed the web developer blueprint previously. There is so much help and support with Skillcrush. I had a little CSS and HTML experience before the blueprint but the course made me truly understand each subject. The course provides cheat sheets and references. There is a Google group that allows students to ask questions about each lesson. After completing WordPress I will try the visual design blueprint. The courses allows students to learn about the various areas of specialty in technology.

• Dannie • Student

I am currently taking the Front-End Developer Blueprint as part of the WordPress Blueprint package. I am building on my previous knowledge of HTML and CSS. I don't have much experience coding, but each lesson is clear and easy to understand.

• Jamie • Student

I am in the second month of the web design blueprint and loving it! The apprentice style program allows you to learn a specific skill while you feel like you're on the job. All styles of learning are covered from visual to hands on and the videos are so helpful and hilarious. I have really enjoyed Adda's personality coming through in all the lessons and is why I decided to include approachable in the title. It's like learning from a friend :) The daily work load is just enough to keep me wanting more, (and I usually work ahead of class because I'm just that excited!) while being light enough to manage with other full time responbilities.

So far I have learned HTML and most CSS. The course concludes with the task of creating your first website which also happens to be your portfolio. While I'm not sure I'll have enough content in it to get hired somewhere, I feel confident I will have the building blocks to expand that portfolio into something I'm proud of. I appreciate stepping into the tech world at the age of 30 and not being overwhelmed, but enthused.

I would definitely recommend the blueprints to anyone and am excited to continue my journey with skillcrush!

• Stefanie • Grants Officer • Graduate

For me this is my first real experience with learning to code and I love it. And that is mostly because of the way Skilllcrush teaches, in a fun, inspiring and exciting way. Already before I started the Blueprint I was charmed by the way Skillcrush communicated with me, online throught their website and 1-to-1 through email. It shows their personal approach and commitment to really help their potential customers and students. The lessons are presented in a clear and creative way, which makes it easy enough for a beginner to follow. If my budget lets me, I would love to take another Blueprint after this one. Good job Skillcrush!

• Victoria • Student

I've tried learning to code with many different resources but this is hands down my favourite. Each lesson is explained using very visually appealing videos followed by a text round up and then a challenge where you can try out the lesson you've just learned. Then each class has its own community with class instructors where you can post your work and questions for feedback, there is also the opportunity to engage in google hangouts meetings with other students and your course leader about twice a month. The free resources that come from skillcrush are also incredibly valuable and the weekly job listings are amazing!

I cannot recommend this enough to anyone who is looking to try and learn some tech skills or brush up on ones that they already have

• Great Site!
    - 8/4/2016
    Natalie Perez • Graduate

I'm about a third way through the web developer course and I'm loving it! I love the structure of their site and the learning style. They give videos, reading materials, and hands-on projects. They also have a place for discussions so you can interact with the other students and teacher and receive feedback and help. I'm brand new to coding and this course is a great way to start. I tried learning on my own but there was too much material available that it made me feel lost and overwhelmed and I had no support system to help me when I got stuck. Skillcrush has given me all the essential material I need in order to start a tech career.

I marked "Job Assistance" as "Not Applicable" because I'm not sure if they assist with getting you an actual job but they do have lots of articles about where to look for job listings, how to ace your interview, what you can do with your new found skills, and so many more! I receive emails about their articles and I feel like they know me because they keep sending articles that are so relevant to how I feel and what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm trying to not overwhelm myself so I'm taking it a step at a time and focusing on my course before diving into all the articles.

I'm also enrolled in other in-person coding course because while Skillcrush is great and has a great online community, I wanted something in-person. Both courses are covering a lot of the same material (as expected) but being able to compare the two helps me see the strength in each. Skillcrush is great at explaining the material, it gives you awesome notes/cheatsheets, and has a lot of references and articles you can review.There have been a few things Skillcrush didn't cover or go in-depth about, but I can say the same about the in-person course. There's a lot to learn and Skillcrush is doing a great job putting everything together for us.

I would definitely recommend Skillcrush to anyone. It's affordable, they are very responsive in the discussion posts and emails, and the courses are easy to follow along. Even if you fall behind, you can still continue at your pace and you can still post your questions in the discussion.

• Tera • Customer Service Admin • Student

I am currently in my second month of the Web Designer Blue print through Skillcrush and am thoroughly enjoying it.

I was hesitant for a long while to sign up due to some of the poor reviews but since they have a 30 day money back guarantee, I went ahead and finally took the chance. I am glad I did. I have already done some HTML/CSS and Javascript through Codecademy, so I am not entirely new to coding and this is my reasoning for breezing through so far. The Designer course goes through User Interface/User Experience,Typography, Photoshop, HTML/CSS, Starting a Site, and then a Capstone course of sorts where you have to create a web page for a client for $100 as your last course. I have not gotten to the capstone portion yet. For those that have already done some HTML/CSS, as I've said, you will breeze through most of this but I took this blueprint mostly for the capstone type class so I can gain confidence and advice on how to pitch myself to a client and get started with freelance so I hope that portion is worth it as the rest of it has been so far.

I see a lot of reviews about it not being enough to really do anything and that you can get the content online for free. Yes, this is true and nothing in this blueprint is new or earth shattering, but this is not the point . I think the point of the blueprint is for you to get your feet wet and learn the very basics in an online class setting. I needed structure and the daily lessons and postings on the class forum (mightybell) did that for me. When I was using Codecademy I felt it was not progressing toward anything and I felt I was just "playing" and not really learning since I was just recreating what I was told. Skillcrush does this as well, but at the end of the HTML/CSS portion you start to create your own website so you can really let your creative juices flow instead of just regurgitating instructions and matching the example site that is given. During the daily lessons you also can create little bits of code on your own, using the theory and coding you've learned and I think this cements what you've learned a lot more than just "follow these code instructions and make your code look like the example." Using your own examples makes you really think about what you're doing vs a "cut and paste" mentality.

I've also seen complaints on mightybell. In my opinion, mightybell is one of the best things about the courses because it allows you to talk with instructors and other classmates so you can post your work and get feedback. My class is very active on mightybell so I am thankful for that, however, Skillcrush isn't at fault if you happen to have classmates that are not very active on mightybell so I would not dock Skillcrush for that if that is what you have experienced.

I also had issues with not receiving emails at the beginning of class. I did receive responses from my instructor and the help staff promptly. Yes it was frustrating and it took a few days but they did get it all fixed for me and I had no further issues. I am happy with the response time of the stuff and instructor so far.

Another thing I've seen that I wanted to address is the issue of having to Google things in order to solve an issue or get a grasp on a concept. I have had to do this too since it's been a while since I've used Codecademy. I do not think that is a complaint about the class to have to use Google to solve issues because doing that is preparing you for the real working world as a freelance or junior web designer. There will not always been someone to ask or to help you so learning now how to search for answers and learn on your own is an extremely critical skill to have when working in tech. It is better to be in a course like Skillcrush and learn to find answers on your own as well as bounce ideas off colleagues (classmates) now rather than be in your first position in web design or have your fist client and be lost.

Over all, would I take another Skillcrush course? YES I would and I plan to do just that. I have enjoyed the whole experience of having a class type structure along with classmates to give feedback to and get feedback from and I have learned things that I did not know before. Skillcrush won't teach you everything you need to know and the creator, Adda, has said this. I haven't learned a ton that I did not know about HTML/CSS, but I've gained value from the UI/UX lessons that I haven't experienced before and having the master class videos with tips and how-tos on how to get started in web design have been valuable.

Will this Web Designer Blueprint get you a job? Ahhh, on its own, no I don't think so. I think you need to take your skills that you've gained and practice more and gain exp on creating web pages and sites from scratch. This blueprint is supposed to let you leave it with a portfolio but I'm not sure if it will be substantial enough to get hired somewhere. The pages you will be making after you've went though the HTML/CSS portion are going to be very basic so don't expect to make flashy sites right off the bat. I would just tell everyone thinking of it and reading reviews to know what you are getting. Do not expect to be able to create fancy websites with interactive portions and drop down menus because that is way to advanced. This class is truly for the beginner and if you really have not experience any type of HTML/CSS or coding before it may require some Googling to wrap your head around it at first and I think that is ok. Use this blueprint to guide you through the learning, not as a be all end all...it's a stepping stone. I am hoping I will be able to get at least some freelance work with what I've gained and learned from the last class that I will take. I'm hoping it will give me confidence to start small and to remember that no one knows everything and everyone has to start somewhere. :)

• Hema P • software engineer • Student
    This review is for skillcrush's Freelance Developer Blueprint. I am currently taking this blueprint and have about a month left in the course. Taking this course has been one of the best decisions I have made.

I have over 15 years of experience in Java, C, C++ programming. I wanted to learn web development and self hosted wordpress development. I was not only looking to learn but also be part of an active, supportive community. And that's exactly what skillcrush offers.

The blueprint is split into different modules and some of the modules were a refresher for me and I liked that I got to relearn and absorb the concepts even more thoroughly. It was when something broke while doing a project that I realized that even though I had learnt those concepts, there were things I had to relearn in order to fix the issues. I'm a big fan of breaking code now to see how to solve it.

My favorite module in this blueprint is the one I am completing which is 203 and is challenging with intermediate to advanced concepts. This course was worth its weight in gold for just that module. I have been supplementing my web development and wordpress learning with other free and paid resources and realized the combination of theory with practical knowledge would not have been achieved as fast if I had not taken this course. I wish they had  one more month of module similar to 203. I would pay extra for that.

What makes skillcrush unique for me is their office hours and how fast the instructors respond to questions on the mightybell forum. I like how organized the forums are for each lesson of the day. I learnt a lot during the office hours and also got to interact with students and the instructors. That's the part I don't like about online courses where the forums posts can get overwhelming or there is very little interaction. Having that group interaction during office hours made learning fun.

I could have asked for a refund or given up when I found the first month easy and I am so glad I did not. What I know now about wordpress compared to 2 months ago is exponential. I know I keep repeating module 203, but that module brought it all together for me.

You get what you put into anything in life and that includes learning. It took me a while to become active on the mightybell platform. And once I did, I realized that by asking questions or helping other students, I was learning a lot too.  I also loved the fact that each day, there is a separate post on the mightybell forum for the lesson and project of the day where students and instructors interact. So if I am behind or if I want to go back to that lesson weeks later, I don't have to search for specific keywords, I just go to the lesson page. Mightybell platform did take some getting used to and I am told they might be transitioning to another platform.

I also love the fact that each day's lesson is manageable and there is a video portion to the lesson in addition to the written portion. And there are downloadable cheatsheets for most of the concepts learnt. Being a visual learner, this is really helpful. I can't wait to take another course with them. I do wish they had more advanced course offerings. If I was just looking to learn a specific topic deeply, I could go elsewhere but the combination of learning and amazing instructors who respond so quickly to questions is what will keep me with skillcrush.

And finally, it is a women friendly environment. I am not sure if women learn differently but I never felt more at home taking an online course than with skillcrush.

• Anureet

I wanted to start my own business but didn't really know what I could do. I did a lot of research and coding and design kept coming up. I did more research and found a review about Skillcrush and decided to find out more. I opted for the Wordpress Blueprint but also did a couple of standalone classes. I really like the course materials and style of teaching and it's all really relevant. I really recommend Skillcrush.

• Joy • Graduate

I realized I needed to make a wholesale career change, and found myself really attracted to web development. After quite a bit of research, I enrolled in this blueprint as a launching pad. It was easily the best decision I've made in the last 3 years. I learned real skills, coupled with real direction for my new career. I still have many more things I want to learn, and I'm already considering another blueprint. I wholeheartedly recommend Skillcrush.

• Denise • Graduate

I recently completed the Skillcrush Freelance WordPess Developer Blueprint and I can't say enough good things about it! The content was superb and I really enjoyed the videos that were part of the course. They were entertaining and very educational and it helps that I can back it up to hear something again. The course progression was just right, the TA was incedible, and everyone involved in developing the course, being there for office hours, and making the videos were top notch. I left being able to create a WordPress site (which is more than I can say for a previous course in a different language I took elsewhere, I promise you).

Career content was included beginning on the very first week, which was impressive. There were so many resources via emails, the blog, and master class materials that I learned a great deal about related topics and am continue to learn. The lifetime access is top notch (I just went back and watched one video this week as I prepared to do something I haven’t used since then). I got more than my money out of it and highly recommend it. Well done, Skillcrush, well done!

I suppose you want some feedback though - ok - if I think very hard, I would say to include the video and info that Ann posted for PC users in the January course. Both were very helpful at that time for PC Users. And personally I would have loved to learn the responsive portion a little earlier so I could have incorporated it initially instead of re-doing now. But I'm frankly just happy it was included on a very helpful video. Neither issue changed how great I feel the course was - just suggestions. And as I get a little more money going in the household with my new skills, I will be back for the Ruby course!

• Anonymous • Freelance Web Designer/Developer • Graduate

I originally signed up for the Web Design Blueprint to maintain design skills I learned from another school, and I absolutely loved my experience with SkillCrush! I loved it so much that I decided to enroll in their Freelance Wordpress Blueprint as well. What I loved most was how design and coding concepts were broken down to easily understood material. I have taken courses from other online schools, and so far, I feel SkillCrush has done the best in making learning easy, fun, and interactive. Best of all, very affordable! They provide an excellent combination of reading materials, videos, visual examples, exercises, coupled with helpful weekly office hours where you can interact live with an instructor and other students for an hour to go over any questions you may have or get feedback on your work.

When you finish your program, they also provide webinars and career resources on how to network, how to put together a portfolio, how to put together a resume, how to update your linkedin profile, how to look for work, and even how to land your first freelance client. Recently they had a career summit where they had speakers from different organizations talk about additional resources in finding work and how to better market yourself if you are a freelancer.

The schedule is also flexible and you can complete work at your own pace and your own time. That being said, If you are not a self-accountable person, this may not be the right program for you. Everything is done online. It is not a classroom where attendance is taken everyday. You have to hold yourself accountable in completing the assignments. No one will reach out to you if you fall behind or remind you if you didn't get something done. Its important to be proactive in this course. But just like the real world, if you dont show up and you dont take action, you wont get results, and you wont succeed.

SkillCrush provides so many resources and is constantly updating their curriculum, that failure is impossible if you put into action what you learn and use the tools provided. They helped me build confidence in reaching out to my network which led me to land my first freelance clients. As a graduate, I still reach out for feedback on other projects I work on, and I usually get a response within 24-48 hours. I also get lifetime access to my courses, and even updates on new materials. I am amazed at what they do and for such an affordable cost compared to other bootcamps. If you are thinking about transitioning careers into tech and want to save money, start here. I wish I had found SkillCrush sooner!

• Ana • Sr. Graphic Designer • Student

I've finished the first part of my Blueprint and have been very impressed so far. While I love the amount of free resources that are available online to learn programming languages, I have found that the class-like structure with assignments, grades, and feedback is critical.

This course has been exceptional so far, both in the teaching and the customer service. The instructors go into the history and rationale of the languages, which is useful and interesting; the videos are fun and filled with visual analogies, and are followed by both text recaps and real-time practice opportunities; and I've set up a personal website and started making a website for a coworker. I'm pretty stoked to be starting web projects that are applicable in my life, only 1 course into the program!

I just finished the first in the series of course within the blueprint program, and I am really digging it.  They do a good job of taking an absolute beginner and showing them how to code in a clear and straightforward way.  If you were already pretty knowledgeable, it might be too beginner, but they have other programs for more advanced students.

I had looked at lot of other bootcamps and courses, but this one was recommended by a friend.  I like that it is affordable but was a little worried that it might not be as thorough or in-depth as pricier options.  However, I feel like I am learning a LOT.  Have no idea how it compares to other programs since I haven't taken others, but Skillcrush seems like the real deal.

I was also concerned that an online course could be another one of those situations where you sign up and then it's hard to stay motivated and work through the modules or whatever. But the way they have it set up really works for me.  They give you chunks of info and challenges to complete each days.  And they are manageable chunks.  You CAN go at your own pace, but I find that having it all laid out on a weekly and daily basis keeps me focused and consistent.

Also, you get to interact with other students and instructors through Mightybell.  It helps immensely that you can get help on trouble spots this way.  Additionally, Skillcrush offers a lot of office hours/hangouts where you can ask questions or get help or whatever.  Then they also have lots of extras they send...webinars and links to information that's useful and help on how to get a job etc.

Their customer service is outstanding as well.  The couple times I've had to email someone, they've responded promptly and been super helpful and easy to work with.  For instance, initially I goofed and signed up for the wrong class.  It was a painless process for them to un-enroll me and then get me in the right program.

Anyway...it's a great program as far as I can tell.  I haven't yet made use of the job help stuff but plan to. I've just been focused on learning the material so far.  But, it seems like they are always sending info about job skills and finding work.  I just didn't rate them on job assistance because I don't know much about that part of the program yet.

• KarenS • Freelance Designer/Developer • Graduate

WOW!  I am just finishing the WordPress Developer Blueprint and I learned so much!! (I also took the Web Designer Blueprint which was awesome as a total beginner!)  The instructors are AMAZING and always there to help!  I'm not sure I could have finished the course without the help of my crazy awesome TA who promptly answered my never ending questions!

I've landed my first client and I'm starting work on the project soon. (Yikes!)  It's a little scary but I do feel as though Skillcrush prepared me well and I'm super grateful to have ongoing access to all the class materials just in case I need to go back and look something up.  Thanks Skillcrush!

• LOVE LOVE LOVE
    - 4/28/2016
    Amanda LeGros • Federal Government • Student

I am taking the Web Development Blueprint right now & loving this new world of coding! I definately plan on taking more courses once finished with this one.

I am learning and will be learning code to launch an entirely new career from what I graduated college with and can't wait to land a job with my new skills!

This site has been a blessing!

Part way through the Skillcrush Ruby on Rails blueprint and would give a huge thumbs up!!

The course material is excellent and Skillcrush provide prompt, friendly support / advice to help you along! It's easy to engage with fellow students in the online forums and there are weekly live chats with tutors and students.

The blueprint is amazing value for money, not only do you get lifetime access to the course material but the Skillcrush team will always look to help you out if you fall behind for any reason.

The course seems to cater well for both novices and more experienced learners; if you're thinking about taking this (or any of the other Skillcrush) courses, I recommend you go for it!

• Web Design class
    - 4/27/2016
    Reuben Edwards • Graduate

Solid course I forgot a lot and you covered things and explain some details that help me out a lot.

• David • Student

I am extremely pleased with having decided to take this blueprint. As someone who is (was) not terribly tech saavy, I wanted to have more of a toehold in the world of web development and could not be more pleased. Skillcrush does a great job of laying out the big picture before diving into the details. Everyone is extremely freindly, and more than eager to help out.

I am excited to take more blueprints now that I got my feet wet, and am excited to explore their other offerings!