skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (333) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (8) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Rolling Start Date
    Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Make 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / Guarantee
    We’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    This blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

$549
    Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Refund / Guarantee
    This blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

$549
    Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    $699
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Make 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    $549
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
    Refund / Guarantee
    This blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

$549
    Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Refund / Guarantee
    Comfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    $549
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    $549
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    $549
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Refund / Guarantee
    A solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.
    Interview

As someone with a creative background, but no experience designing for the web, this course was amazing. In 3 months, I learned an incredible amount just taking the hour long classes every day (or when I could get to them, they don't expire). The teachers are friendly, knowledgable, and provide really constructive feedback. You also get valuable feedback and inspiration from other students via the Hang Out sessions and in the Google Groups sessions. I feel confident in applying my new skills in a new career, and speaking of new career, not only did the Skillcrush team teach me how to design for web (and a bit of print as well, which I already had background in, but is good if you don't), they provide you with resources on how to write cover letters, resumes and - drumroll please - where to find an actual job with links to actual job posting sites for Tech jobs. My only complaint is that the Google Hang Out sessions fill up incredibly fast and it was hard to snag a time that worked for me. I'm only removing one star on Overall Experience for that reason.

• Worth Every Penny
    - 10/8/2016
    Shay

After recently being laid off, I realized that I didn't really have the skills that employers are looking for these days. Luckily, I stumbled upon Skillcrush and I'm so glad I did. I'm currently enrolled in two blueprints: Visual Design and Front End Development. I'm learning so much, so quickly, and I can't wait to start using my new skills to get an exciting job at a tech company, or maybe even start my own business. I would highly encourage anyone who's looking to learn marketable skills in a fun and easy way to sign up for a blueprint. You won't regret it!

• Courtney Pastorick • Visual Designer • Graduate

I'm just finishing the 3-month Visual Design Blueprint.  I have learned so much in these three short months.  The content of each course within the skillcrush blueprint is super organized and laid out in a way that is both, easy to learn and understand.  The instructors super helpful and always give great feedback on work.  Aside from the actual course, skillcrush constantly e-mails useful tips and information on how to apply your new skill set in the real world.  If you keep up with the coursework and take advantage of the resources available you can expect to succeed.  Even if you fall behind though...fear not!! Skillcrush offers the option of jumping into the class behind yours.  This is really great because you still have the opportunity for your work to be reviewed.  Getting feedback from people is immensely helpful and skillcrush does a great job of making this an essential part of their program.  Way to go Skillcrush, A+!! The only suggestions I would make: develop an all inclusive platform for submitting assignments, storing files, and receiving feedback from fellow classmates and create a final packet for students.  Which would include all assignments submitted throughout the course, in a book type format.  All in all, I have no regrets taking this course! I highly recommend it to anyone interested in web/design, looking to expand their knowledge or further their career.

• Beth Buschman-Kelly • Web Editor • Student

At 4 weeks in, this course is great. I was doing Free Code Camp but got a little stuck on the first on-your-own coding project. I don't have much time each day to commit and it needed more forethought and planning than I could do on the fly. This class holds your hand more, but it also gives you all the information you need for a coding project and breaks everything down into small sections, so if I can't finish in one session, I can easily pick up where I left off. Nice mix of videos, documents to read, and challenges. Requires about an hour a day (M-F), which is the perfect amount of time for me.

• Carmen

I am a professional social work administrator transitioning to a career in tech. When I found Skillcrush (through Facebook), I was beyond burned out in my role with a state agency, and I was spurred to explore the tech world as a result of a painful encounter with a contractor developing an advanced software system for the state agency for which I worked. The experience made me realize that in order to be competitive in the 21st century economy, I was going to need some serious tech skills. I assessed my life (as a wife and mother to two small boys), my budget, and my own capacity for change, and I decided I could make all three work together to make the switch. At that point, all I needed was a way to learn that would fit my life stage and style. I enjoy learning, and I am self-motivated so I first considered completing a formal Master of Science degree in Data Science through a local university in Tulsa; however, it was going to cost at least $10,000 to complete, which seemed to me like a steep price to pay for something I wasn't sure would get me to exactly where I wanted to be, and I'd have to brush up on my HTML and CSS, as well as the programming language C prior to even beginning the program.

Then I found Skillcrush (enter angels singing, "Aaaaaaah!"). I was immediately drawn in by their accessible platorm, and their approach - which is basically that anyone with enough motivation and moxy can learn to code. I pitched my plan to my husband, who at this point was looking at me with side-eyes, and once I showed him the platform for the free 10-day bootcamp, we were both convinced this was a great, affordable option for me to make the switch.

From that point forward, my entire experience with Skillcrush has been very positive & encouraging. Kelli has been AMAZING at responding to all of my 1500 questions with patience, kindness, and most of all with directly helpful information. When I had to take a long hiatus from my blueprint coursework, Skillcrush accommodated my request to be added to the current on-going blueprint when I resumed the course (though I'm still playing catch-up, mainly to myself) and also added me to the Skillcrush 300 Apprenticeship that was added after the point in time that I signed up for the Blueprint, all for no additinal charge. Skillcrush also allowed me to sign up for the WordPress Freelance Blueprint at a discount; they have really bent over backward to help me accomplish my goals, and I am so grateful that they really care about what each of their students is doing.

While Skillcrush's customer service is a major selling point for the company, so is their curriculum. The lessons take into account the various learning styles, and they include videos, reading, links to resources, and practice coding the information you're learning. So you learn a new skill, and you put it immediately to use. For me, this is the best way to help me remember the information I am learning. The lessons are succinct, while still giving you everything you need to know to compete in the job market successfully. Adda and the entire Skillcrush team takes their business seriously, and they still have fun in the process. The curriculum is dynamic, enjoyable, pressure-free, encouraging, and choc-FULL of the most up-to-date information from the world of tech.

One other aspect I have really appreciated about Skillcrush is that they have normalized all of the self-doubt that inevitably comes along with learning tech skills when you are coming from a non-tech career. I think other on-line coding schools perhaps underestimate the dynamic of imposter syndrome in their approach; Skillcrush addresses it head-on. Each person at Skillcrush puts his/her ego aside to focus on the methods of teaching/learning that are helpful in real time, without pretense, and with an earnest heart. For women, I would say this has the most potential to break down barriers and allow space for a diverse range of people, with diverse backgrounds, to enter the world of tech.

Besides offering world-class courses and excellent customer service, Skillcrush also offers HANDS-DOWN, the BEST career development resources and support for anyone wanting to make a career change to tech, add tech-skills to their portfolio, work free-lance, or be hired by an agency. They have substantive blog posts, a TON of free down-loadable guides, career development webinars with industry experts, and job-post emails with current postings that go straight to your inbox.

Though I am still working through my Web Design Blueprint, I have signed up for the WordPress Developer Blueprint, and I cannot highly enough recommend Skillcrush for anyone considering learning tech skills. It is the lowest threshold to a professional education you will find, and it is the fastest way to enter the tech world so you can pivot quickly.

Check 'em out! www.skillcrush.com ROCKS!

• Antoniya Dimitrova • Graduate

I was a stay home mom with great ideas but outdated skills or at least that's how I felt when it came to looking for a job that was going to fulfill all my creative needs.  All the posting out there were requiring a skills I didn't have, using fancy terms that drove me away and discouraged me.  Then I accidently stumbled on Skillcrush Visual Design Blueprint right before my European vacation that I was going on with my 5 years old son.  I was immediately attracted to their promising offerings..."Learn how to code and get a high paying job" Wow it even rimes!  I have never taken any online courses just to be clear, so I told myself "Why not, what you have to loose?!"  So I enrolled in Visual Design Blueprint witch fit's in my Visual Artist background( drawing, sketching, illustrating). After all they were promising that the class are for total newbies and it will take about an hour a day.  Well it was PERFECT for me!  Although some lessons took me longer than hour... 😕 maybe because I was over thinking it or maybe because I was on Vacation😊 but every part of it is well planned and was packed only with the most important needed information.  I loved their Video tutorials with Randle (hope I spelled it correct)  Even though I had to pause them about 1000 times and watch them over and over again.  Hey I'm proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator this is not only a geek territory anymore... I'm in! 😄 They boosted my creativity, encouraged me and gave me plenty of resources to freelance at.  I would do it all over again!

• Tatiana • Student

I'm probably in the older than the typical learner "crowd". With Skillcrush, the pace of the learning and variety of ways to learn is actually helping to push me ahead.

The instructional videos are short, sweet, and funny clips you can watch when you have the time. The hands-on practice sessions are challenging and fun. When I have a question, I can participate in an online group where students and instructors can pitch in, or I can email an instructor directly.

Each day I receive an email from the instructor and a list of tasks. As I complete a task, the screen visually records my progress. Further, Skillcrush provides a lot of bonuses like online resources, coaching for job search, thoughtful enthusiasm and encouragement that makes you feel that you can do this!

If you want to start a new chapter like myself this is the place to start.

• Dalton Ying • Teacher • Student

This is a great course. You are able to proceed at your own pace.  The lessons are very straight forward and to the point.  If you want to learn how to code, this is the place to learn it.  The instructors know how to code and know how to teach others how to code.  Knowing how to code and knowing how to teach it are two different things and something that I was worried about signing up for a coding course.  Skillcrush knows how to do both of these and I highly recommend it to anyone that wants to learn how to code. Worth every penny.

• Deena • Owner • Student

For several months, I wanted to take their Web Designer Blueprint but I was also just starting my online marketing business so time and money were tight. In August, I finally signed up and started taking the first module (Design). It was awesome. Just the right amount of material was given during each day's lesson so I could spend about an hour learning/practicing, and then move on with the rest of my work day.

Everyone was super helpful and friendly. My instructor, William, was very prompt in answering questions and it was great chatting with him and other classmates during Office Hours (Google Hangouts). I've moved onto second section of the Blueprint, (Coding) and am finding it really enjoyable. I highly recommend them. Their courses are top notch!

• Fantastic course!
    - 9/22/2016
    Carla • Stay at home mom • Graduate

I was really intimidated about learning how to code.  Having tried a few free courses online, I knew I needed a more structured program with a complete end game, that's what Skillcrush is.

The staff is very helpful and responsive, even more so than I've seen in some in-person settings.

As I work through the program I realize coding is not as hard as it seemed, and the challenge to master different sections is really invigorating.

I highly recommend this course to anyone who is just getting started and isn't sure where to go or what to do.  If you're serious about learning to code- this is the best bang for your buck.

• Crystal ONeil • Student
    I am really enjoying the way the course is outlined. The videos make it easy to understand. Challenges that follow allow you to implement everything you learn.
  • Adam Rosenblum • Student

So I didn't know anything...that may be a bit harsh, but when it came to Ruby it is more than fair. After just two weeks I can easily say that this class is far exceeding my expectations.

Everyday you get to learn a little more in bite-sized chunks that lead to more and more knowledge.  The progression and the lessons make sense without a giant leap that will leave you confused, but if you do their is more than enough help to get you back on track.  The exercises will make you think and once you've completed them you can give a huge sigh and pat yourself on the back that you did it...you actually programmed something (other than the DVR).

I love the daily emails, and the encouragement...you aren't in this alone and both Adda (and Max) let you know this.  Max even responded on a Sunday...you really can't beat that!

If you are thinking about learning Ruby / Rails then you really do owe it to yourself to give this a shot.

Bottom line:  I can't tell you what to do, but I am extremely happy that I signed up for Skillcrush and would do it again!

• Miranda • Marketing Specialist • Student

I debated on starting this course for about a year before I took the $400 plunge and I'm so glad I did. I read books on HTML & CSS and web design and those were helpful, but I wasn't able to practice very well on my own. This course broke all of that important information down for me, gave me structured lessons and helped me build a portfolio I was really proud of! I'm also super excited about landing a JOB when I was just halfway through the course! Taking the initiative to learn these skills on my own was enough to impress my interviewer and now I'll get to keep developing these skills. I plan to take the Wordpress Development Course next!

• Skillcrush
    - 9/20/2016
    Suzanne • Student

I had already received a diploma in Web Design from an online college but had HUGE gaps in my skills and no freelance training. Skillcrush has great little morsels of knowledge every day that are never too much to learn at a time. Easy to follow instruction with a really personal feel that I have not had with any online learning before. The school forums and freelance knowledge of the instructors are helping develop the confidence and the skills that I will need to actually get hired.

• Christina Zeni • Web Developer • Student

I cannot express to you how valuable Skillcrush has been to me as a resource. I signed up for THREE blueprints when I found out I was losing my job a month ago. I am about halfway through now. I'm in Front End Developer, Wordpress Developer and Visual Design. And once I get through these courses, I will be ready to start freelancing. I'm actually hoping to pick up my first project as soon as next week!

In addition to the courses, Skillcrush creates a wealth of resources in the form of blog posts, Ultimate Guides and webinars. Let me tell you, if you want to get into freelancing, you have to WATCH THE WEBINARS !!! (and those are free!) The Skillcrush community is awesome and supportive, and seeing all these women who have learned these skills and paved their way to success will show you that you can do it too!

Get the hard skills in the Blueprints. And learn how to run a business or land a job by listening to those who've done it. You can't lose. :)

• Amber • Graphic Designer • Graduate

I absolutely loved this blueprint. Feedback was constructive and very useful, and the instructors really kept up with each posted assignment in the Google Group. The software-learning lessons were actually fairly useful refreshers, and I loved how each project tied in with the other. This blueprint made for some very strong portfolio pieces, and I'm very excited to show potential employers the work I've done! I definitely recommend this course for anyone trying to concentrate on branding and identity design.

The instructors are super friendly and make it easy/comfortable to ask questions. Interacting with other students was also incredibly valuable. 5 stars!

• Cady Jacoby • Designer • Graduate

I just finished the Visual Design Blueprint, and it was awesome! The way the classes are structured for feedback is great- I got almost immediate feedback every time I posted class work or a question. And the actual feedback sessions were cool - Google hangouts made it super easy to not only get, but to give feedback and interact with instructors and other students.

• Ky Trang Ho • Forbes contributor taking Front-End Web Development Blueprint

TL DR

I love it! have tried tons of online boot camps and Skillcrush is the only one that makes it fun -- complete with jokes, silly sound effects, music, analogies and cheerleading. The platform is the most well designed I've seen from a technical, aesthetic and pedagogical perspective. The founder and instructor, Adda Birnir, is very inspiring and lovable.

I recommend taking "Learning How to Learn" by UC San Diego on Coursera before embarking on an educational endeavor. After taking this short course (rated 4.8 stars with nearly 17K ratings), you will see Skillcrush applies the principles of effective learning very well. It breaks big concepts into chunks, uses analogies and metaphors, gives quizzes frequently, has you practice on your own and reviews what you just learned. Listening to a lecture and then reading the material helps cement the info because you're reinforcing what you've learned in multiple ways.

The Whole Shebang

Since embarking on my coding journey nearly two years ago, I have read a truck ton of reviews on Quora, SkilledUp, Course Report, Reddit, etc. I also tried just about every online coding school with free trials:

• Dash
    • Treehouse
    • FreeCodeCamp
    • Flatiron
    • The Firehose Project

By nature, I thoroughly research and compare all potential options because I am an aggressive shopper/bargain hunter and a business reporter. (Check out my coverage of Shark Tank and investing for Forbes! :0) I got addicted to test driving online boot camps in search of the holy grail of coding schools. I would do several modules on one site and then get seduced by another school's ad for a shiny new course or discount offer.

I never completed a full course at one school. The material was over my head a few lessons into the Ruby on Rails and JavaScript classes. I would get stuck and look up answers in the forums but I never fully understood the concept because the answer was spelled out for me. I was constantly looking for something better and I couldn't decide which language I should learn first. I was also unsure whether I should pursue front-end, full-stack, data science, Wordpress, etc.

At first, I felt like a loser for being a professional quitter but I really shouldn't be. After all, I can't know what works best for me until I try it myself. Online reviews are helpful but they cannot guarantee you will have a similar experience. We all have our idiosyncracies when it comes to learning. As the Japanese saying goes, "10 people 10 colors."

In an effort to buckle down and see a course through, I decided I should attend an in-person boot camp. I figured the teachers would keep me on track and I wouldn't get easily distracted. I signed up for newsletters and interviewed with a handful of the major schools. I also visited one school in LA and watched many group webinars. I made a monster spreadsheet with Google Docs comparing 25 schools in my area and online.

My got a "women in tech" scholarship from one school in LA but it would still cost me $8,000 to attend -- far more than some online schools. I was reluctant to try Skillcrush because of a few bad reviews on Quora. But I tried it because of the good reviews on Course Report. I just started and I am nearly finished with the second week of the Front-End Web Development Blueprint at Skillcrush. I love it! It's really the best I've seen and I've seen a lot. I intend to finish it.

• Shay • Student

Living the html&css course right now. The lessons are easy to understand and I am breezing through the material. I love it! I've already recommended it to a few friends and family members. I do wish there was a separate section outside of the lessons where I voted practice creating the codes more, instead of just inputting the missing data that I just learned. It's great while going through a lesson but not so much for a cumulative learning program. Again, I am still in the beginning stages of the course so there may be more practice later.

• Mariela Madariaga • Commercial Director

I am really happy with the lessons I have finished so far. It is really good for me to complete lessons at my own time since I have a full time job and just found out I'm pregnant! So fighting the sleeping attacks takes a lot of energy but I am doing my best to finish all the projects and classes.

I am really enthusiastic about a career change and I feel Skillcrush will help a lot with it!

Thank you!

Mariela

• Morgan • Graphic Design Student • Student

I was very excited to sign up for one of Skillcrush's Blueprints because I admired their mission and purpose. Unfortunately, I was disappointed with the curriculum and structure of the course.  I am more of a visual learner and I thought I would get that kind of instruction in this course. Instead, I would watch a short video of the instructor speeding through her explainations of how students are expected to implement the code. Following the video, there would be written instructions of what the instructor quickly explained in the previous video. After I would complete what I was instructed to do, the written instructions displayed what my code should look like. To my suprise, I would see other class names and new properties added that I was not told to include in the written instructions nor had I ever seen them prior to the lesson. It was a common thing for me to see new concepts added without any thorough explaination beforehand.

I did well in the first section on HTML & CSS in the course because I'd already done the HTML & CSS course in Codecademy. Plus, the explainations and instructions were more thorough in that section. However, once I got to the Responsive Development (Skillcrush 206) section, things changed. There were a lot of gaps in lessons, meaning videos and lessons were not very in depth, and I like I mentioned before new concepts would be added without prior knowledge or explaination. I felt like the course went, "Ok, you know HTML & CSS, now you're on your own."

Anyone who decides to sign up for Skillcrush, I would advise them to have some knowledge of Web Development beforehand or you will get lost and have to use outside resources often. Remember that you have 30 days after signing up for their courses to get a full refund so make sure to go through at least the second section of the course to determine whether you like it or not. Sadly, I did not find out how the remainder of the course would be until after the 30 days and it was too late to get my money back.

One good thing I can say about Skillcrush is the instructors would respond to my emails within a few days and helped a great deal, but I often was able to find the solution to my problems quicker in Facebook groups and on stackoverflow.com. Skillcrush's blog posts also offer great content and I read those often but I was very disappointed and not at all impressed by their Front-End Blueprint.

I switched to Treehouse and I like their courses much better. They offer a monthly subscription which I prefer over paying one rate of $399 for Skillcrush, and they break down their lessons more and explain every little detail which I appreciate. Honestly, you can find much better courses for a lot cheaper and gain more knowledge about Web Development.

• Daria • Social Media Strategist

I´m currently enrolled in this course and I absolutely love it. I´ve been trying to find a good Wordpress course for a while and nothing seemed good enough until I found Skillcrush. The lessons are fun and very informative. They have a lot of resources that they share with their students and separate videos for future job preparation. ​Totally worth it!

• Virginia • Student

I'm currently enrolled in the WordPress Blueprint and extremely happy with the results. I had been trying to teach myself Wordpress by redesigning an old site for a friend of mine, but I was floundering a bit with the details and sometimes gerry-rigging something I knew wasn't a best practice. The WordPress blueprint. has taught me all of the basic structure of a custom WordPress page, as well as how to set up a professional workflow. It's full of professional development, too, and I can't imagine a better preparation for starting to freelance. The only downside is that it can be a bit too easy--they will often give you the option of writing your own code or copying and pasting a chunk--but it has helped me stay on track with the lessons despite a crazy schedule. If you're looking for a course  that's full time and super technical, this is not for you. If you're looking for practical know-how to start freelancing as a WordPress designer--sign up!

• Amber Lovell • Administrative Secretary • Student

I enrolled in the front end developer blueprint. I enjoyed the videos with Adda and the uplifting attitude she has. I tried to learn while working a full time stressful job, which was very challenging but I got through it. I think that this bootcamp is the most cheerful out there, which makes a big difference. There is a large amount of effort that went into the courses which I appreciated. I am glad that I took a chance and was able to become part of the skillcrush community. I did not enjoy 206, I found it to be overwhelming, way too fast paced, and I felt thrown into the deep end of the pool with no assistance, which caused some feelings of discouragement and resentment towards the work, and I now think coding is not for me after going through the entire blueprint. I think that if you are interested in becoming a developer, you should definitely take a blueprint, whether it's the front end dev or wordpress dev or web dev; if nothing else, going through the challenging world for 3 months with Adda cheering you on in the videos will help you to make a truthful decision about where you're at with this field!! :)

• Visual Designer
    - 8/27/2016
    Bianca • Social Media Manager • Student

I learned so much in such a short amount of time with Skillcrush. The way the information was presented each week was very organized and helpful. I loved that the weekends gave us a break and time to catch up with the lessons. I also enjoyed how after each section we were given a week break to work on the final projects. Skillcrush introduced me to a community of experienced and new designers that are willing to share and help with each others work. I enjoyed the webinars that gave me that extra boost in knowledge and helped me figure out how to start a real freelance career once I am done with my blueprint. Between the videos and the design resources, I feel like I have the tools to continue to flourish in my skills at my new job as a social media manager. I can't wait to apply my new skills to a real freelancing career.

• A true class act
    - 8/25/2016
    Michele • Student

When I started in the hospitality industry 15 years ago, I thought I found my calling. The high energy, dynamic, fast-paced job was perfect for the 20 year old me. Each day was different, and I had the opportunity to be part of people's lives that put a smile on their face. I started working at a prestigious hotel and years later found myself working for Events. The rush of experiencing an event from the conceptual phase to completion is next to none. I have been fortunate to have been part of teams who have delivered small events such as meetings and conferences to enormous concerts and festivals bringing hundreds of thousands of attendees.

In 2012, my life changed. I met the love of my life and just over a year later we welcomed our son. My priorities instantly changed. The commute to work and the long (grueling) hours spent away from my family started to take a significant toll on all of us. I have spent the last 3 years struggling with the possibility that the industry may no longer be the right fit for me. There is an unsaid rule in the event / hospitality industry for those of us on salary; don't count your hours. Ever. I ignored that rule and figured out that I had spent over 80 hours working in just one week.

The hours and the stress started to affect my health and general wellbeing. I decided that I needed a change. I started scouring the internet for alternatives and discovered there was an industry which thrived on remote employees. This seemed like a no-brainer. I needed to figure out how to get 'in'. I found Skillcrush (insert lightbulb and 'ta-da' music here)!

While completing the free boot camp class I noticed the hop in my step had returned. I never imagined that I could be interested in 'tech', let alone be excited by it. I read through the blueprint descriptions and signed up for Front End Development. As a problem solver and one who lives to make things 'fit', this seemed like the right blueprint for me. Did I mention that I have absolutely no tech experience? Well, it's true.

This is the first online course I have taken and did not know what to expect. We are now into the second week of the blueprint and I am beyond impressed with the caliber of the course. The material progresses at a great pace. The course is built to engage each learning style. Each section includes: a video, examples, step-by-step instructions, an exercise, and a really handy quick-reference guide. The interactive google group dedicated to each cohort is a great way to interact with fellow classmates and expand one’s perspective. The group is monitored by a Skillcrush team member who steps in when needed, and ensures responses are correct.

Last week we received a timely e-mail which I felt was written specifically for me. It outlined tips and tricks for staying on track with the blueprint and how to practically fit the course into your existing schedule. With a fiancé who works shifts, a very busy 3 year old, and a hyperactive collie, this could not have come at a better time.  This is just one example of many which make me feel like the Skillcrush team is cheering me on.

I am looking forward to completing this blueprint and will likely sign up for another. I recommend Skillcrush whole heartedly and can’t wait to see how my new career path unfolds.