skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.79

all (341) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (9) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Tamara • Student

I've managed to make it through the full set of modules in the HTML & CSS coding coursework and just need to get a domain name now.  It's impressive as I had no previous knowledge of coding and it seemed to be a big mystery to me to start with.  But, I highly rate the teaching style and engagement - learning always works when it is fun and you want to learn more and more and practice and practice...I'm managing the Break Into Tech Blueprint course whislt also doing an advanced excel course (figured I'd do the lot in one fell swoop) and moving across the Atlantic from the UK to Oregon, and working full time.  I'm saying all this to stress that this course is doable and flexible and fun.  I wish I had more time to totally dive in, but what I am gaining in knowledge and achieving in progress is brilliant.  The course allows you to think for yourself, encourages you to find your own answers for puzzling elements, yet the teaching crew and community are there to help you along and offer complete support.  I could go on and on... the sum of it is that I would recommend this course to anyone and everyone and I do!

• Taylor • Student

I do I recently became a stay at home mom needing a job. Then I found SkillCrush. After looking into it I finally decided to apply to the “Break Into Tech” Blueprint.

As a complete newbie to the tech industry it was a bit overwhelming to start, but the way the course is built, it really made it easy to learn. Furthermore the help given by all instructors is great, they are really there for you giving you insightful support. I have a long way to go, but I’m looking forward to the end result.

**I do wish some of the instructions were a little more clear, especially for those of us who are overhinkers / perfectionists**

• Melania Szilagyi • Applicant

I’m really happy I found Skillcrush. The Instructors are amazing and helpful. The whole course is really good. They don’t gove you all the answers which is good, because you need to find it on your own or with their help so you can learn more things and practice. I highly recommend to everyone who wants to change carriers or want to learn some new skills. 😊

• Mark • Student

After spending most of my career in sales, I decided I needed a change.  After extensive research I chose Skillcrush to learn the skills I would need.  The course work is self paced and appeals to a wide range of learning styles and skill levels.

The staff is excellent in responding to questions quickly and effectively.  The counseling sessions are one on one and very informative.

Overall I love Skillcrush and can't wait until I can apply what I am learning to launch a new career!

• Kitti

I was a beginner when started to learn with skillcrush how to build a website. I enjoy learning with skillcrush a lot, it explains the learning material in details and many times, slowly step-by-step. I especially like that there are not only texts but also videos (in which the teacher really enjoys what she does! [plus point] I appreciate very much that the skillcrush staff answers my questions quickly, they really care about the students. I offer everyone skillcrush with pleasure!

• Theodore Wonderlik • Student

Very reasonable pricing, supportive instructors, easy to follow lessons. You really can't go wrong with Skillcrush!

• Lauren W. • Student • Student

I started my tech-journey in another online coding bootcamp but it wasn't what I needed, so I decided to switch to Skillcrush. It provides a great teaching platform that includes videos, quizes, and course work that educates me in the way I learn best. The Skillcrush Slack community is great for connecting with fellow students and mentors who can help solve the tough questions. Overall I am really enjoying learning coding and highly recommend Skillcrush!

• Lacey Hochleutner, from Colorado

I come from absolute ZERO tech background. I'm currently working working full time, but learning to code in the evenings (classes are about 2-3 weeks, but its 'work at your own pace'). So far, I just completed the first course, "Skillcrush 101." That included learning HTML and CSS and coding my first website (and launching it this last week) all in about two months for me. I am so surprised that I am learning these new skills so easily through the SkillCrush moduels. It is challenging but very, very attainable. I am seeing new job opportunities opening for me already and I am really excited to continue with my next class! They do not leave you on your own, the instructors are so helpful and knowledgable and very sweet people. Connecting with fellow students and bouncing feedback off each other is so great as well. I highley, highley reccomend taking SkillCrush courses. It is worth every cent and more!

• Love Skillcrush
    - 2/15/2018
    Jeffrey Whelchel • Student

I love the instructional material Skillcrush has created.  I'm a long time computer user and programmer.  However, I take a break for about 4 years.  Didn't program during that time and when I decided to program again the world had moved on.  Even basic skills like HTML and CSS had changed a bit during that time.  I wanted something that would ease me back into the tech world without dumping too much on me at once.  Skillcrush is a great fit.  Every lesson has some valuable knowledge.  I feel like I'm getting back up to speed at a reasonable rate and I don't feel like I'm wasting my time with the parts I had experience with before because the discussions do a good job of explaining why the way Skillcrush wants me to tackle a problem is a best practice.

• Brad • Student

I've heard about coding for a while now. Heck, kids are learning it in elementary school, so at 59 I decided it was something I needed to pay attention to and possibly learn. I'm not the smartest on a computer but can eventually figure things out. So I looked at review after review of a number of online learning companies that offered coding and eventually narrowed the choices down to 2. On instinct I decided to go with Skillcrush and do the Break Into Tech Blueprint Program. In under 2 weeks I've coded and am about to launch my first website. I'm pretty impressed.

I've found the lessons and content to be so easy to learn. Adda provides clear, concise and valuable information in her videos and the following flow of education has checks and balances along the way to ensure I've been getting what I've been told and shown. Everything is broken down into steps that make the learning and the eventual goal not only attainble but without almost any stress. A couple of times I just couldn't figure something out and when I reached out the instructors and the support system in place, I was again very impressed with how fast responses and guidance came. I would definitely recommend Skillcrush if someone is wanting to learn how to code.

• Zachariah Dunlap • Student

I spent nearly 2 months reviewing and searching for an online set of courses that allowed me to take all of the course work online while still having access to instructors, other students and support when needed.

Skillcrush ticked all of those boxes for me and I could not be happier to have purchased the Break Into Tech Blueprint and have full access to so much material.

I am extremely pleased with the structure of courses and with the course work as well as all of the support provided by the Skillcrush team. I have no doubt in my mind that if I work through the blueprint and practice the skills I am learning that I can turn this into a promising career.

If you're looking to become a developer I highly recommend looking at Skillcrush, it is hands-down one of the best sites for this kind of coursework out there.