school-of-code-logo

School of Code

Birmingham

School of Code

School of Code is a free, full-time, 16-week full-stack JavaScript coding bootcamp in Birmingham, England. The School of Code’s mission is to get more and different types of people into tech while striving for a fairer future for all, where nobody is left behind. Students will be trained in industry best practices and standards for full-stack web development free of charge.

The School of Code bootcamp simulates a real-world tech work environment with daily stand-ups, team problem solving, and feedback sessions. It is a blended learning course split between on-site projects and teaching, which transitions to more remote work options as the course progresses. Students will also attend regular meetups, hackathons, and events to gain experience in all aspects of the technology industry.

No coding experience is necessary to apply, but applicants should enjoy problem-solving, love learning new things, have a passion for technology, and want a future in tech. All prospective applicants can fill out an online form regardless of academic or professional background. Applicants must participate in a coding day and pre-course learning before being accepted.

Graduates of School of Code will gain soft skills, teamwork skills, and a portfolio of real-world tech projects to impress employers. Graduates can either job search on their own or enter the job support period where they can complete more real-world consultancy projects.

Recent School of Code Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (2) reviews for School of Code →

Recent School of Code News

• School of Code Bootcamp

Birmingham
      Learn Full-Stack Web Development on our 16 week Coding Bootcamp, completely *free of charge*. The aim of the course is to get more and different types of people into technology, and we partner with great companies who want to see the same happen such as Packt Publishing to allow us to run our first Bootcamp for free.
      Refund / Guarantee
      Interview

• Jennifer Yashi • Graduate

The highlight I found most appealing was starting the day at bootcamp with new challenges. I was quite satisfied with how Chris taught us how to face a task by drawing it up on paper and breaking it down into smaller chunks BEFORE attempting to code. This made me to not dread being assigned tasks no matter how difficult it may seem.
      I especially loved how my colleagues were willing to help each other in problem solving as well as forming some kind of support group.
      One of the difficulties I faced was having to learn new JavaScript libraries like React and NodeJS. Others seem to pick up faster than I did and at some point I felt a little left behind but I am grateful for the online resources provided as this helped me learn during my free-time at home and over the weekends.
      Team work was absolutely fun as there was mutual respect among team members and everyone seem to have the same level of passion. People were made to identify their weaknesses and strengths when coding and this helped to strategize as to how best to contribute during group tasks.

• Christopher Miller • Software Developer • Graduate

On the 4th September 2017, I arrived at the bootcamp fully expecting to hate the social side of the course, but to love the code side.  I could not have been more wrong!  I loved every single second of the course.  From the very beginning, i was finding out new information, new skills and new abilities that I can genuinely say changed my life.  For me, the most enjoyable part was the part I expected to like the least - the social aspect of the course, particularly the team-working and the pair-programming.  The highlight for me was the opportunity to go to OpenBankHack17 (a hackathon in london) with 3 of my class mates (now friends) and winning "best organised team".  It was very hard work - i was getting up approximately 6am, and not getting back in til approximately 7:30pm.  Some evenings, I would be coding whilst eating my dinner with my wife.  But I can genuinely say I enjoyed it, even with the ammount of time put in it.  I would genuinely 100% advise anyone who has any thoughts at all of joining this boot camp to do exactly that! don't miss the opportunity to change your life.