promotable-logo

Promotable

Chicago, San Francisco, Singapore, Washington

Promotable

Promotable offers a part-time, 6-week course in data science and data analytics in Chicago, IL, Washington, DC, and San Francisco, CA. The program provides flexible weekday and weekend classes in SQL, machine learning, data visualization, Tableau, and Python, aiming to help students gain a competitive advantage with one of the most in-demand skills in the world. Promotable also offers short beginner courses in data analytics and Python.

By joining Promotable, students gain access to a network of instructors, partners, and students who work at a variety of companies and want to help each other succeed. All instructors are current data scientists who work at industry-leading companies and learning is done in small interactive groups. After completion of the bootcamp, graduates receive a Certificate in Data Analytics.

Recent Promotable Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (8) reviews for Promotable →

Recent Promotable News

• Data Analytics

September 24, 2019
    Washington, Chicago
    Students will use industry tools like SQL, Tableau, and Python, to analyze large real-world data sets.
    Payment plans available. Email hello@promotable.io for details.
    Please inquire about our payment plans
    None

• Product Management

Product Management, Scrum, Agile
    September 3, 2019
    Chicago
    Our part-time 5 Hour per week Product Management course is designed to give you the skills you need to land a job as a Product Manager.
    0% interest Installment Plans are available. Email hello@promotable.io for details.
    September 3, 2019 - ChicagoApply by August 17, 2019
  • Python for Data Science

Data Science, Git, Python, Data Structures
    Chicago
    This part-time 5-week course is 25 hours of hands-on training that will introduce you to Python programming foundations required to be successful in any data related job.
    0% interest installment plans are available. Email hello@promotable.io for details

• Nathan  User Photo
    Nathan • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

This is a great way to get your feet wet in data analytics. The course was lead by a senior Nielsen data scientist, and he did a great, professional job in explaining the fundamentals in Excel, SQL, and Tableau. The flexibility was great as well - I attended the online sessions when I had to travel for work and went in to class when I was available. All of the class materials are uploaded online and saved to their Teachable website, so you have access to it for lifetime. I'm looking forward to taking their Into to Python class in the future!

• Anupam Majumdar  User Photo
    Anupam Majumdar • VP Consulting • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I will highly recommend this course to anyone interested in getting started on learning python and developing a beginner’s understanding of what is ‘behind the hood’ behind all the intelligent applications we use in our personal and professional lives. For me, three things about this program were really beneficial:

They do a really good job of calibrating the content to the level of the student’s understanding. I did not have any programming experience. The way our instructor structured the curriculum, it was very appropriately paced. Slow in the beginning and then intense towards the latter half.  Some of my classmates were obviously more advanced than myself (I had never used anything more advanced than excel before). But it was obvious that we all felt we were learning. The content itself is really good and is very practical. I simply could not have gotten started without handholding. They walk you through the basics of installing python and then proceed to do complex stuff like numpi, pandas, functions etc. You can attend the class in person or by video through zoom. I am a consultant and have a grueling travel schedule. I was able to attend 70% of the classes in person and the 30% I attended virtually. You will have permanent access to the classes online.

I am really happy with the amount of knowledge I got for the price I paid. The price-value equation is very good here.

• Grant  User Photo
    Grant • Database Coordinator • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

As a recent college graduate I was working a completely non-technical job (as a recruiter), but I knew that Data Analytics was a field that I wanted to break into. I chose to invest my after-work time into Promotable's courses as a way for me to gain technical experience, and both boost my resume and learn about fundamental analytical tools and concepts. 3 months later I landed the technical position that I wanted and learned a lot along the way.

I took the courses "Data Analytics for Business" and "Python 101 for Data Science" which were 6 weeks and 5 weeks, respectively. I was able to do both online which was super helpful for me since in-person wasn't feasible. The instructor I had, Vikram, was fantastic. He was really helpful explaining all the concepts, but more importantly to me I could tell he was extremely passionate about his work.

As far as the subject matter, I think you get as much out of the course as you choose to put in. It was important to me to nail down my SQL skills so I worked extra hard outside of class to make sure I knew all the concepts we covered in class. I also gained experience with Excel, Tableau, and of course, extensive experience with Python. I highly reccommend Promotable to anyone who is looking to further their career with Data Analytics.

• Highly Recommend
    - 8/14/2018
    Sarah  User Photo
    Sarah • Data Manager Verified via LinkedIn

I can't say enough about Promotable. When I signed up for the course, I really didn't know what I was getting into. I had looked at comparable programs online, but they were all much more expensive. I was worried that a less expensive program would be lower quality. This could not have been further from the truth.

The comprehensive overviews of SQL, Python and Tableau helped me develop a strong foundation and sense of confidence. I feel very comfortable that, whatever I may want to do with these languages and programs, I can figure it out or look it up from a reliable source. The class sizes are small (some days we had as few as 6 people, at most we were at 10), so I received personalized attention when needed.

The instructors were also great. Data scientists and visualizers who use these tools daily in their industries (and work at the type of companies that I would like to work at some day). I was surprised that they were so available --  at any time via slack and/or email.

Permanent access to the slides and in-class educational materials means I won't lose track of what I have learned, but the instructors also frequently recommended  resources to take my training to the next level outside of class.

Promotable also has an eye towards helping you to get your next job in data analytics. The projects throughout the course allow you to build a portfolio of work, and Aaron and the instructors offer an open door to connect students with individuals in the tech industry in Chicago and probably other major cities as well.

Aaron, the Promotable CEO is also very hands on and helpful, often going the extra mile to make sure everyone has a good experience. Once, he even waited for me outside the office where the class was being held because I was running late and he was worried I would be locked out.

If you are considering Promotable at all, just go for it. The only reason the instructors got 4 stars is because they are data scientists first and not typically teachers so sometimes they move a little quickly, but they were very receptive to feedback and, as I mentioned, answered questions both during and outside of class.

• Alex • Analyst • Graduate

This was an excellent experience for me to gain skills in data analysis. I previously came in with Excel and SQL knowledge. The SQL work was not particularly new to me, but I still gained good practice and experience.

I particularly enjoyed the Python portion of the course. Python is a difficult language to learn initially, but the course broke down the basics at a good pace. Aaron set the expectation that you will get the most out of this course if you come in with a plan. I came in with a concept for my Python project and worked hard to reach my goal. My teacher was excellent and stayed after class with me to answer any specific questions I have.

The best part of the course is you are able to work on projects which ultimately shows off your SQL, Python, and Tableau skills.  I would recommend this course for someone with beginner level skill or no experience in data analysis.

• Alex • Analyst • Applicant

• Dorim • Chief of Staff • Applicant

It was a deal at $35 and I felt I got the most out of this class than paying a hefty sum at General Assembly.  I liked that they focused on Dashboards (Pivot Tables) and they walked you through it.

One suggestion would be to charge a little more and make this a 3-hour course or even a 2 day course.  There were so many more things to learn and I was having fun so wish we could have delved a bit further.

But all in all, the instructor was very knowledgeable, organized in how he taught the lesson, and I made the nicest and neatest looking chart ever.

• Jose Munoz • Founder & CEO • Applicant

Going into the workshop I had only interfaced with excel on a basic level. Expense Tracking & Financial Modeling. I left the workshop having a positive grasp on utilizing pivot tables & creating fluid / dynamic dashboards. Highly recommend this workshop & future ones.