Promotable offers a part-time, 8-week course in data science and data analytics in Chicago, Illinois, Washington, DC, San Francisco, California, and Singapore, Malaysia. The program provides flexible weekday and weekend classes in SQL, machine learning, data visualization, Tableau, and Python, aiming to help students gain a competitive advantage with one of the most in-demand skills in the world.
By joining Promotable, students gain access to a network of instructors, partners, and students who work at a variety of companies and want to help each other succeed. All instructors are current data scientists who work at industry-leading companies and learning is done in small interactive groups. After completion of the bootcamp, graduates receive a Certificate in Data Analytics.
Recent Promotable Reviews: Rating 5.0
- MySQL, Data Science, Python, SQL, Excel, Machine Learning, Data Structures, Data Visualization
In PersonPart Time5 Hours/week7 Weeks
Students will use industry tools like SQL, Tableau, and Python, to analyze large real-world data sets.
- Start Date
- Rolling Start Date
- Class size
- Chicago, Washington
- Payment plans available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Tuition Plans
- Please inquire about our payment plans
- Minimum Skill Level
- Placement Test
$100 Promotable Scholarship
- Offer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship.
- This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- 8 Week Data Analytics for Business (Chicago)
1 review sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
I can't say enough about Promotable. When I signed up for the course, I really didn't know what I was getting into. I had looked at comparable programs online, but they were all much more expensive. I was worried that a less expensive program would be lower quality. This could not have been further from the truth.
The comprehensive overviews of SQL, Python and Tableau helped me develop a strong foundation and sense of confidence. I feel very comfortable that, whatever I may want to do with these languages and programs, I can figure it out or look it up from a reliable source. The class sizes are small (some days we had as few as 6 people, at most we were at 10), so I received personalized attention when needed.
The instructors were also great. Data scientists and visualizers who use these tools daily in their industries (and work at the type of companies that I would like to work at some day). I was surprised that they were so available -- at any time via slack and/or email.
Permanent access to the slides and in-class educational materials means I won't lose track of what I have learned, but the instructors also frequently recommended
resources to take my training to the next level outside of class.
Promotable also has an eye towards helping you to get your next job in data analytics. The projects throughout the course allow you to build a portfolio of work, and Aaron and the instructors offer an open door to connect students with individuals in the tech industry in Chicago and probably other major cities as well.
Aaron, the Promotable CEO is also very hands on and helpful, often going the extra mile to make sure everyone has a good experience. Once, he even waited for me outside the office where the class was being held because I was running late and he was worried I would be locked out.
If you are considering Promotable at all, just go for it. The only reason the instructors got 4 stars is because they are data scientists first and not typically teachers so sometimes they move a little quickly, but they were very receptive to feedback and, as I mentioned, answered questions both during and outside of class.