_nology is a tech training and talent hub in the UK and Australia that offers an online Software Developer Course in 12-week intensive and part-time, self-paced formats. The Software Developer Training Course was designed to take exceptional people who have little or no technical background, and equip them with the skills and experience to shape them into job-ready developers. By making technology an accessible career path no matter their background, _nology aims to encourage a more diverse range of people and skill sets into the sector.
_nology students receive career support, such as interview preparation, job searching with tech recruiters, and networking events with hiring partners. Through _nology’s partnership with tech recruitment consultancy, Opus Recruitment Solutions, _nology has a network of 200+ specialist recruiters who work with more than 2,000 companies. This partnership opens the doors to multiple job opportunities to kickstart every _nology student’s new tech career.
No previous coding experience is required to apply for the Software Developer Training Course. To apply, candidates must fill out an online form and upload their CV/resume, and participate in a phone interview.
Recent Nology Reviews: Rating 4.84
Recent Nology News
OnlineFull Time40 Hours/week12 Weeks
Deposit 1200 FinancingWe have partnered with four reputable funding providers who offer a range of student loans options.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview Yes
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week52 Weeks
Deposit £600 FinancingWe have partnered with four reputable funding providers who offer a range of student loans options.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
55 reviews sorted by:
- Junior Software Developer- 11/25/2021Sebastian • Graduate • Course: 12 Week Software Developer Course • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubI initially came across Nology through a Facebook advertisement, and was a bit skeptical at first, given all the shady bootcamps that promise successful outcomes even while charging over $20,000 for a course that doesn't even guarantee a course at the end of it. However, I was happy to find out that Nology was in fact different, and did offer a guarantee of a job. As a consultant, you have a sort of symbiotic relationship with the company and either only benefits when the other is successful. This was reassuring for me as things usually don't turn out very well for individuals who are forced to rely purely on the goodwill of a company.
The bootcamp really pushes you hard and you need to commit to it 100% for those 3 months. Do not try to cruise through the course. Make sure you don't fall behind on anything, as it will be near impossible to catch up. The coaches are of course very helpful and will give you focused development plans to catch up, but if you do reach this point, do not stray any further as there is always a risk that you can be booted off the course.
I was very happy with the curriculum and accomplished things I didn't think were possible in such a short time frame, and I really thank the coaches and my peers for helping me get through a lot of the more challenging and daunting parts of the course.
You will learn most of what you need to get a full-stack development job, however you can't be complacent and assume this will be enough. Make sure you also heed the advice and stay on top of your tech test and interview prep, and be open to any opportunities that come your way.
Not everyone finishes the course with a job lined up, but the company does continue to connect with you with opportunities and it is up to you to impress the employer.
All in all, would definitely recommend!
- I had a great experience with Nology, during the 12 week course I started out with very little knowledge but feel much more comfortable at the end of the course with a Job already lined up after I finish.
The assistance they provided was great, the technical skills we learnt were fantastic but also all the soft skills we learnt and technical test preparation we covered helped when interviewing for roles and completing the technical tests.
If you are driven and happy to put in a little bit of extra work after class this can course can be a fantastic way to make a career transition!
- 12 Week Software Developer Course- 9/8/2021Remi • Junior Software Development Coach • Graduate • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHubAfter spending 10+ years working in Hospitality management, I was finally ready to take a leap of faith and re-skill into the tech industry.
Comparing what was out there in terms of bootcamps, courses, degrees, against job ads and what the tech scene looked like in Sydney, I settled on Nology.
First it was 3 months rather than the usual 6 and for me the sooner I could make the change the better.
Second, the curriculum was more in line with what I saw being the main tech stacks used by companies out there.
Third, it was setup within a tech recruitment agency, meaning that Nology is very much incentives in training the best Junior Dev possible.
The 12 weeks were challenging to say the least. The learning curve was steep, but I very much felt support all along the way. Our Head Coach, Calum, is truly passionate with anything coding related and it made learning all the more enjoyable.
At the end of the course I was offered a Junior Coach position, which I have very much enjoyed for the past 4 months. Helping other career changers like myself while honing my tech skills is definitely a win-win.
So I can't recommend the course enough!
- A great experience- 8/13/2021Nick • Graduate • Campus: Sydney • Verified via LinkedInThe course was great because every day we were presented with a new mountain to climb. There was no coasting. All the material was relevant and well organized. There was no filler. It was great to be given such challenging tasks that I had to work hard to accomplish and to find my limits and what I'm really capable of. Also, never have I been in a team where everyone had such a positive attitude and everyone was so reliable.
- 12-week software development course- 8/13/2021Cara Tran • Graduate • Campus: Sydney • Verified via LinkedInI did the 12-week software development course and it was an awesome experience! We were taught a lot of tools and programming languages that are currently in demand right now. I have learned a lot in 12 weeks. It is very challenging but also if you set a goal for yourself and make that your motivation it is very doable. The coaches are amazing. They are very supportive and really force you to struggle and get your mind to work. I was lucky to be a part of an amazing supportive group as well. Everyone is good at something and it seems we all somehow work well together. The client project really showed us how well we work as a team. So thank you Nology.
- 12-week software development course- 7/19/2021Victoria • Verified via LinkedInThe 12-week software development course by _nology is an amazing course that offers exposure to a plethora of programming knowledge and skills by introducing new concepts in the morning and working on projects in the afternoon. It is mainly frontend-oriented, but you do get exposure to backend programming towards the end of the course as well.
It has a great balance of learning and applying your knowledge in fun projects. I am really grateful for participating in this course, and I would recommend it to folks who want to change their careers and come from a different background, but also to computer science graduates that are looking to get more practical experience.
It as an intensive and challenging course, but it is definitely worth it! You will get exposure to a real-life client project, you'll have an amazing support system with coaches and mentors that care about your learning as well as your well-being. On top of everything, _nology provides access to employers which is something that not many bootcamps offer. Their support and networking continues even after the course, where you will be contacted with job opportunities.
You'll find yourself challenged and perhaps stressed, but you'll always have the amazing people and your team to lift you up and keep you going. You will learn to work in an agile environment and get tips on how to thrive in interviews and tech tests and impress employers.
- 12-week software development programme- 7/19/2021Michael • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe course opened a door for me that I thought was long gone. When I heard I could learn to become a software developer in 12 weeks , I was doubtful, but now after graduating from the course I’ve gain a solid foundation to build off and launch my career in tech!
The course is well structured and the instructors really take their time to ensure you understand what you are learning , the learning environment is very welcoming and relaxed , it never felt rushed and I felt the instructors generally care about you as a person and your learning progression.
The course gave me many valuable experiences but perhaps the most valuable one is working on a project for a real-life client. This experience has really reinforced many of my learnings and allowed me to experience working in a professional environment similar to those in the industry.
They even go above and beyond by hosting talks with mentors who have experience in the industry, help you improve your soft-skills, prepare you for your tech tests and holding end of week retrospective to take in any input you have.
The staffs really take care of you , often holding 1-to-1 to check up on how you are doing , and I just felt like I was really being looked after.
Overall, I am so glad I took this course and would highly recommended it to those who are serious about changing their career!
- 12 week software development course- 7/16/2021jemma • Student • Campus: Bristol • Verified via LinkedIn
- Worthy investment- 6/7/2021Kinte • Junior Developer • Graduate • Course: 12 Week Software Developer Course • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubDoing the 12-week Software Developer course was honestly one of the best decisions of my life.
Not only is the course itself great, the instructors are also super knowledgeable & supportive, you work on a real life client project (best part of the course), you receive employability training & interview prep, the course content is tailored to the industry so that you know you are learning relevant skills, by the end of the 12 weeks you've got yourself a finished portfolio with several different projects to showcase to employers and you get help with finding a job.
From my initial application all the way to the end of the course every interaction I had with Nology was super positive, they were really encouraging and supportive, and just 2 days after the course had finished I was offered a job as part of Nology's Consultancy programme.
I would definitely recommend this course to anyone trying to get into tech!
- 12 week software developer course- 5/21/2021Emily Wilmot • Software Developer • Course: 12 Week Software Developer Course • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe _nology course porvided more than I could have ever imagined. I have just completed my course and am being offered a job through _nology. I have previous experience in coding and have still learned an enormous amount. Their dedication to helping you become a fully fledged developer is second to none. I am confident in my abilities as a developer and knowing I will still have the constant support from _nology is extremely important. There is an extremely high level of training which prepares you for the working world and the client project is really what sets it apart. The client project prepares one of the agile environment which is the most common team format in todays technological teams and is an experience one would not get at a university or formal education insituation. I would highly reccommend _nology to anyone who wants to find their way in tech.
- Course Review- 5/21/2021Tochi Abara • Software engineer • Graduate • Campus: London • Verified via LinkedIn