nology-logo

Nology

Bristol, London, Manchester, Melbourne, Online, Sydney

Nology

_nology is a tech training and talent hub in the UK and Australia that offers an online Software Developer Course in 12-week intensive and part-time, self-paced formats. The Software Developer Training Course was designed to take exceptional people who have little or no technical background, and equip them with the skills and experience to shape them into job-ready developers. By making technology an accessible career path no matter their background, _nology aims to encourage a more diverse range of people and skill sets into the sector.

The Software Developer Training Course covers development fundamentals, full stack JavaScript, databases, design principles, professional development, and career coaching. Students are taught by experienced in-house trainers, and learn through project work in an Agile environment, do pair programming and test-driven development. Students will also have the opportunity to work on real-life projects.

_nology students receive career support, such as interview preparation, job searching with tech recruiters, and networking events with hiring partners. Through _nology’s partnership with tech recruitment consultancy, Opus Recruitment Solutions, _nology has a network of 200+ specialist recruiters who work with more than 2,000 companies. This partnership opens the doors to multiple job opportunities to kickstart every _nology student’s new tech career.

No previous coding experience is required to apply for the Software Developer Training Course. To apply, candidates must fill out an online form and upload their CV/resume, and participate in a phone interview.

Recent Nology Reviews: Rating 4.84

all (61) reviews for Nology →

Recent Nology News

• 12 Week Software Developer Course

Cost£6,975
      Designed to fast-track your career, our intensive Software Developer Course teaches you everything you need to become a Software Developer in just 12 weeks. Most importantly, we'll help to secure your first job thanks to our our partnership with world-leading tech recruitment consultancy, Opus Recruitment Solutions and their team of 200+ specialist recruiters. The course is delivered fully remotely, using video conferencing, screen sharing and many other tools for online collaboration. You will work alongside a group of trainees and participate in live interactive training sessions. You will gain hands-on experience of coding in multiple programming languages, frameworks and tools that employers are looking for right now, including: HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, Node.js, GIT and a host of other professional software skills. You'll graduate from the course with a portfolio to showcase your coding experience and set you up for a smooth transition into your exciting new career in tech. The _nology course will open the doors to a number of exciting tech roles. After 12 weeks of immersive learning, you will be ready to start your career in Software Development. The majority of _nologists start their tech careers as Junior Developers, however, some have taken on more speciliased roles in UX/UI, Testing/QA, Devops and Product/Analyst roles.
      We have partnered with four reputable funding providers who offer a range of student loans options.
    • Part Time Software Developer Course

Cost£3,500
      The _nology Part Time Software Developer Course will offer you the flexibility to train at a pace that suits you over a period of up to 12 months. The course will equip you with both the coding and professional skills to shape you into a job-ready developer. You will gain practical experience of coding in multiple programming languages, frameworks and tools that employers are looking for right now, including: HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, Node.js, Express, GIT and a whole host of other software fundamentals. The course will be conducted fully remotely, via a blend of pre-recorded video training content, online assessments, personal and client project work, live group stand-up sessions and 1-1 feedback calls with our team of Software Coaches. Through our partnership with Opus Recruitment Solutions, a global leader in tech recruitment, we are connected to more than 200 specialist consultants, who will help you to land your first job and kickstart your career after the course.
      Deposit£600
    • Samantha  User Photo
      Samantha • Graduate • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I came across nology and was intrigued at the opportunity to launch a career in tech with no previous experience in just 12 weeks, I had been completing some self-guided training but wanted a more structured learning path that would help me secure a role at the end. I found the course very intense but the coaches supportive and the learnings came in the most difficult parts of the course, understanding that I was capable, even when I didn't feel ready really helped to build confidence in my ability to be successful in the tech industry. I have now been offered my first tech role and I am looking forward to the next phase with nology.
    • Beyond thrilled!
      - 1/27/2022
      Ben  User Photo
      Ben • Junior Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I stumbled across an ad for _nology on Facebook and already had an interest in technology/software, and a few self-taught skills from previous employment. I applied, went through their interviewing process, and was approved to start the course. Today is my last day, and I'm beyond happy with how the course went and how prepared I feel to start a career in software development with the skills that I earned.
      I felt the course structure achieved what it sets out to, and the coaches/team at _nology were always helpful and could provide knowledgeable assistance at any time I needed it.
      I'm really surprised that something that only took 12 weeks could change my career outlook so much!
    • Angaar   User Photo
      Angaar • Junior Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I took part in the 12 week technology consultant programme where we were taught HTML, CSS, SCSS, JS, React, Java, SQL, Spring, good coding practices as well as completing a client project in React and working according to Agile methodology. The curriculum is well taught and your knowledge is cemented by the development of several projects such as a personal portfolio, calculator, JS game etc all of which you are given feedback for. This is really important for learning as if you don't complete any projects you won't get to engage in any meaningful problem solving to get better at your craft.

In the interest of full transparency, as I applied for this position, I did not pay for the course. However, I would wholeheartedly recommend nology. The coaches are all friendly and extremely knowledgeable, ready to help you at a moment's notice. The course is quite intensive but always manageable. One to one sessions with a mentor weekly help you to feel supported and looked after. There really is a great sense of camaraderie that gets built with your team over 12 weeks. I completed the course remotely and never felt like I was disadvantaged in any way. My coaches were a slack message away.

There is also some professional skills training which is really good, it really helps you build your confidence and get rid of imposter syndrome. You will also have mentor sessions where developers from industry give a talk and answer your questions, giving you valuable insight into industry.

Job support is good and you are supported by a friendly sales team who are putting you forward for positions. I received a job offer about 2 months after graduating but had interviewed for positions earlier than that. I couldn't be more satisfied with the course and I feel like I am well prepared to start a career in tech.
    • Sebastian  User Photo
      Sebastian • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I initially came across Nology through a Facebook advertisement, and was a bit skeptical at first, given all the shady bootcamps that promise successful outcomes even while charging over $20,000 for a course that doesn't even guarantee a course at the end of it. However, I was happy to find out that Nology was in fact different, and did offer a guarantee of a job. As a consultant, you have a sort of symbiotic relationship with the company and either only benefits when the other is successful. This was reassuring for me as things usually don't turn out very well for individuals who are forced to rely purely on the goodwill of a company.

The bootcamp really pushes you hard and you need to commit to it 100% for those 3 months. Do not try to cruise through the course. Make sure you don't fall behind on anything, as it will be near impossible to catch up. The coaches are of course very helpful and will give you focused development plans to catch up, but if you do reach this point, do not stray any further as there is always a risk that you can be booted off the course.
      I was very happy with the curriculum and accomplished things I didn't think were possible in such a short time frame, and I really thank the coaches and my peers for helping me get through a lot of the more challenging and daunting parts of the course.
      You will learn most of what you need to get a full-stack development job, however you can't be complacent and assume this will be enough. Make sure you also heed the advice and stay on top of your tech test and interview prep, and be open to any opportunities that come your way.
      Not everyone finishes the course with a job lined up, but the company does continue to connect with you with opportunities and it is up to you to impress the employer.
      All in all, would definitely recommend!
    • Harrison  User Photo
      Harrison Verified via GitHub
      I had a great experience with Nology, during the 12 week course I started out with very little knowledge but feel much more comfortable at the end of the course with a Job already lined up after I finish.

The assistance they provided was great, the technical skills we learnt were fantastic but also all the soft skills we learnt and technical test preparation we covered helped when interviewing for roles and completing the technical tests.

If you are driven and happy to put in a little bit of extra work after class this can course can be a fantastic way to make a career transition!
    • Think again!
      - 10/14/2021
      Dimi  User Photo
      Dimi • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Two reasons why I chose Nology: 1. syllabus(https://nology.io/learn-to-code/ - check it out ), JavaScript(React), Express, NodeJs and NoSQL - It is going to be MERN tech stack - that's exactly what I want! 2. Opus Recruitment Solutions - WoW! They will help me to get my first role as Junior Developer! The result: 1. We learned JavaScript and React, yes, what I wanted it! HOWEVER, instead of Node.JS it was Java and instead of NoSQL it was MySQL - that's ridiculous as I paid my money referring to the syllabus on their official website, and I got mostly different set of tools that I did not plan to learn...!!!! 2. ```As _nology sits under the brand of Opus Talent Solutions, one of the world’s largest tech recruiters, you’ll be supported in finding a job upon completion of your training. ``` - how do you think what help did I get? NOTHING, all what was done!!! So if one of the reasons you choose Nology is Opus Recruitment Solutions, think again and do not apply as they are not going to help you!
    • Remi  User Photo
      Remi • Junior Software Development Coach • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      After spending 10+ years working in Hospitality management, I was finally ready to take a leap of faith and re-skill into the tech industry.
      Comparing what was out there in terms of bootcamps, courses, degrees, against job ads and what the tech scene looked like in Sydney, I settled on Nology.
      First it was 3 months rather than the usual 6 and for me the sooner I could make the change the better.
      Second, the curriculum was more in line with what I saw being the main tech stacks used by companies out there.
      Third, it was setup within a tech recruitment agency, meaning that Nology is very much incentives in training the best Junior Dev possible.

The 12 weeks were challenging to say the least. The learning curve was steep, but I very much felt support all along the way. Our Head Coach, Calum, is truly passionate with anything coding related and it made learning all the more enjoyable.

At the end of the course I was offered a Junior Coach position, which I have very much enjoyed for the past 4 months. Helping other career changers like myself while honing my tech skills is definitely a win-win.

So I can't recommend the course enough!

• A great experience
      - 8/13/2021
      Nick  User Photo
      Nick • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      The course was great because every day we were presented with a new mountain to climb. There was no coasting. All the material was relevant and well organized. There was no filler. It was great to be given such challenging tasks that I had to work hard to accomplish and to find my limits and what I'm really capable of. Also, never have I been in a team where everyone had such a positive attitude and everyone was so reliable.
    • Cara Tran  User Photo
      Cara Tran • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I did the 12-week software development course and it was an awesome experience! We were taught a lot of tools and programming languages that are currently in demand right now. I have learned a lot in 12 weeks. It is very challenging but also if you set a goal for yourself and make that your motivation it is very doable. The coaches are amazing. They are very supportive and really force you to struggle and get your mind to work. I was lucky to be a part of an amazing supportive group as well. Everyone is good at something and it seems we all somehow work well together. The client project really showed us how well we work as a team. So thank you Nology.
    • Victoria  User Photo
      Victoria • Verified via LinkedIn
       The 12-week software development course by _nology is an amazing course that offers exposure to a plethora of programming knowledge and skills by introducing new concepts in the morning and working on projects in the afternoon. It is mainly frontend-oriented, but you do get exposure to backend programming towards the end of the course as well.

It has a great balance of learning and applying your knowledge in fun projects. I am really grateful for participating in this course, and I would recommend it to folks who want to change their careers and come from a different background, but also to computer science graduates that are looking to get more practical experience.

It as an intensive and challenging course, but it is definitely worth it! You will get exposure to a real-life client project, you'll have an amazing support system with coaches and mentors that care about your learning as well as your well-being. On top of everything, _nology provides access to employers which is something that not many bootcamps offer. Their support and networking continues even after the course, where you will be contacted with job opportunities.

You'll find yourself challenged and perhaps stressed, but you'll always have the amazing people and your team to lift you up and keep you going. You will learn to work in an agile environment and get tips on how to thrive in interviews and tech tests and impress employers.
    • Michael  User Photo
      Michael • Verified via LinkedIn
      The course opened a door for me that I thought was long gone. When I heard I could learn to become a software developer in 12 weeks , I was doubtful, but now after graduating from the course I’ve gain a solid foundation to build off and launch my career in tech!

The course is well structured and the instructors really take their time to ensure you understand what you are learning , the learning environment is very welcoming and relaxed ,  it never felt rushed and I felt the instructors generally care about you as a person and your learning progression.

The course gave me many valuable experiences but perhaps the most valuable one is working  on a project for a  real-life client. This experience has really reinforced many of my learnings and allowed me to experience working in a professional environment similar to those in the industry.

They even go above and beyond by hosting talks with mentors who have experience in the industry, help you improve your soft-skills, prepare you for  your tech tests and holding end of week retrospective to take in any input you have.

The staffs really take care of you , often holding 1-to-1 to check up on how you are doing , and I just felt like I was really being looked after.

Overall, I am so glad I took this course and would highly recommended it to those who are serious about changing their career!