devmountain-logo

DevMountain

Dallas, Lehi, Online, Phoenix, Provo, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City

DevMountain

DevMountain is a technology school that offers full-time and part-time programs at campuses in Lehi, Dallas, and Phoenix. The immersive courses include iOS Development, Software QA, User Experience Design, and Web Development. The Web track covers front-end and back-end JavaScript (HTML/CSS, jQuery, AngularJS, Node.js, Express, data sources like SQL, Mongo, Firebase). The iOS track covers mobile development in Swift. The UI/UX course covers prototyping, visual/motion design, sketch, adobe suite, UX research, wireframing, and analytical tools. DevMountain instructors are all coding industry professionals and aim to bring real-world applications into the classroom. The immersive courses require 40 to 60 hours of pre-course work, 40 hours of class per week, and 10 to 20 hours of work outside of the classroom. The part-time programs require 30 to 40 hours of pre-course work, 11 hours of class per week, and 10 to 20 hours of work outside of the classroom. The school was started in 2013 in Provo, Utah.

The first step to applying for DevMountain bootcamp is to check out the courses and start dates. Once the student has picked a course, they must submit an online application. Next, students speak with a member of the admissions team by phone to further discuss the program. After the phone call, students must complete a challenge to test their knowledge of the course subject matter. Finally, the admissions team will notify students if they qualify for acceptance. DevMountain recommends that students have some exposure to coding before applying.

The goal of the courses at DevMountain it to prepare students to successfully enter these computer focused fields. DevMountain holds events such as a Meet & Hire Employer Lunch and a demo day to help students network and find a job.

DevMountain provides student housing included in the tuition. The furnished apartments are walking distance to the campus. DevMountain education can be financed through a loan and they also provide some educational scholarships.

Recent DevMountain Reviews: Rating 4.62

all (252) reviews for DevMountain →

Recent DevMountain News

Read all (28) articles about DevMountain →
  • iOS Development Immersive

Xcode, Objective-C, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, iOS, Swift
    LocationLehi
    Want to build iOS (iPhone/iPad) apps? There is no better place to learn. You'll start building apps on Day 1 of the class, and by the end you'll have at least one app in the App Store (possibly even making you money). Classes are rigorous, and previous programming experience is definitely preferred, but if you're up to the challenge, you can become a great iOS developer with a start in this course.
    Minimum Skill LevelProgramming experience preferred, beginners welcome
    Prep WorkOnce accepted, students must complete pre-course work before first day of class.
  • Software QA Testing Immersive

AngularJS, Git
    In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week
    LocationLehi
    Our 6-week immersive software QA bootcamp will prepare you with the skills needed to become a competitive candidate for junior-level software QA engineer positions. Instruction consists of instructor lectures, guest lecturers, guided projects, individual projects, group projects, and real projects with corporate clients. Students will work collaboratively with the lead instructor and mentors throughout the course. Through experience in specific technologies and frameworks that are popular today, students can achieve a flexible outlook that is comfortable and eager to tackle new technologies in a fast-moving and ever-changing industry.
  • UI/UX Design After Hours

Design, User Experience Design
    LocationLehi
    Our "After Hours" course is a great way to dive into UX without having to quit your job or school. It's still extremely intense, but allows for a more flexible format. Classes are held nights and weekends. This class is great for those who are interested in UX, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset.
  • UX Design Immersive

Design, Product Management, User Experience Design
    In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week
    LocationLehi
    If you're a designer, product person, developer, or simply interested in taking a dive into UX (user experience), this class is for you. Our "Immersive" full-time UI/UX course makes the most of class time because we focus on less theory and more hands-on practice. You're probably already doing some UX whether you know it or not and this course will help you give structure to your innate thoughts through industry know how and structured design processes. The design course at DevMountain is multi-faceted, covering all aspects of the design process from start to finish. While covering both mobile and web design principles students will practice creative discovery, ideation, critical thinking, research collection, wireframing / prototyping, basic front-end coding and more design best practices. The class will teach students to understand and meet modern web and mobile design standards in the product creation process, from first pondering user centered design and design thinking principles to testing their products on multiple devices and measuring the effectiveness of their designs. Students will also learn design principles such as grid systems, typography, color theory, branding and systems-based design, design history and research methods. By the end of the 13-week course, the new designers will graduate with a well-rounded portfolio of work that shows everything they have learned and can achieve in the workplace. This class is great for those who are interested in UX, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset. The course will prepare students to step into a variety of design roles: web designer, mobile designer, UX designer, UI designer, front-end designer, freelance designer, and more.
    Prep WorkYes.
  • Web Development After Hours

AngularJS, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS
    LocationLehi
    Our "After Hours" course is a great way to dive into code without having to quit your job or school. It's still extremely intense, but allows for a more flexible format. Classes are held nights and weekends. This class is great for those who are interested in coding, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset.
  • Web Development Immersive

MySQL, AngularJS, HTML, jQuery, Mobile, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationOnline, Lehi, Dallas, Phoenix
    The full-time class is the best immersive coding experience you can find. It's a world-class coding education. It's also a grind--8 or 10 or 12 hour days of instruction, 1:1 mentoring, and work. You'll live, eat, sleep, and breathe code for 12 weeks. And when you're done, you'll be a different person. This class is great for those who are serious about learning to code. If you want to code as a career, this is the place to do it. There's no better place in the country for this price to get nearly two years worth of world-class education.

• Good but not great!
    - 10/19/2015

I was a student at Devmountain in 2014, I had high hope for employment and honestly Devmountain made us think that. Going into Devmountain I knew nothing, I did the precourse work which helped but didn't really get me going, it basically just got me familar with tags and what not. During my time at Devmountain the teachers didn't really teach. Most the time they would live code in front of us and we were expected to catch onto what they were teaching and I felt if we didn't catch on they blamed it on us not trying hard enough on our personal time to learn.

When I applied for Devmountain their website said 95% hire rate, I know for a fact only about 5% of my class actually got a job, many of us felt cheated decieved. I even had a teacher during one of my classes tell us " I don't think Devmountain would want me to say this but majority of you are not going to get a job". For just spending close to 5,000 bucks not to mention quiting a job and relocating to Utah, that wasn't something I was wanting to hear. Also they would have us do stuff to help us gets jobs, one example was writing up a resume and they would look over it. I sent it to the teacher and he never looked over it, and honestly most of the teachers were that way. I had one teacher that would avoid me, because I asked to many questions. Devmountain is a 75% teach yourself school, a lot of the time the things I learned were from watching youtube or figuring it out my self. Half way through the program I was wondering why I need Devmountain when I felt like I was teaching my self. I felt I should have just took 3 months off of work and taught myself vs spending the money. Most of what Devmountain had us do was watch youtube video or google it. I had one teacher that would sit in the back of the class and any time you asked a question he would say google it, and when you did and still couldn't find the answer he would repeat his google it phrase.

Do I think Devmountain is worth it? No, I do not. If your thinking about going to get an awesome paying job and sweet career then think again. In the words of my Devmountain teacher "Majority of you will not get a job from this". So take it from a Devmountain teacher and don't come if you expect a job unless you all ready know how to code then it will probally help you get a job, if your starting off fresh with no skills then stay away if you think its the path to $40,000 + a year. If your just going to learn some new skills and nothing else then you will probably enjoy it(maybe not for the thousands of dollars you will put into it). 75% of Devmountains coding is self taught the other 25% you do get help so its up to you if the investment is worth the 25%.

Teacher help--- D- (the owner and maybe one other were the only teachers worth your time, everyone else wanted to show how smart they were and ended up not making sense.

School ----- c+( there were some good things about it, mainly the professional photos they took of us!)

Price----- f+(You spend more time teaching yourself then they do helping you)

I did like my time at Devmountain, but all these problems were real and I wanted to let people know whats it really is like before they decide to go to Devmountain or not, I hope it helps.

Wednesday, Jan 13 2016
    Anonymous, I'm sorry your After Hours experience was not what you hoped. Please reach out to me at cahlan[at]devmountain.com so we can help. We have a lot of resources we can use to get you where you want to go, including videos, more practice projects, free courses, and the like. I'm confident we can get you on a better path.

I'm really sorry you felt cheated. We've never lied about our placement rates, although we started tracking them solely on Immersive programs because it was too murky in part-time classes. Many of those students already had jobs, and it didn't seem right grouping those into our statistics.

We do have students spend a lot of time on their own, mostly because the more time students spend with their hands on the keyboards, the better off they are. Us lecturing the whole time wouldn't get you very far.

You might be interested to know that we recently enhanced the After Hours curriculum and extended the class to 16 weeks instead of 12. You might remember, but you're always welcome back to sit in on as many classes as you want, free of charge. Otherwise, please let me know how I can help and what you're looking for. We've had enough success stories that I'm confident we can make this right and be something positive in your life.
  • Anonymous • iOS Developer • Graduate

The school is set up to teach beginniners. You do have to come in with some knowledge because they hit the ground running. Overall, they provide a super solid foundation and prepare you to enter the workforce. Just like any other bootcamp what you put into it is what you will get out of it. Overal, a splendid experience.

• Worth every penny!
    - 10/5/2015

I just finished the Web Dev Immersive course in Provo, and DevMountain met or exceeded every expectation I had. This is a school that is invested in your success more than any other program I've ever been a part of. One of the things I like most is that they are genuinely trying to constantly improve. If one of the lessons was a bit over people's heads, the lead instructor would come in and spend the afternoon answering questions and clearing things up. If you want to get into coding, this program is as good as it gets!

Before reading this review, I want to say that all of the facts I've provided below came from searching around on LinkedIn profiles, talking to other members of my cohort and the people that work/teach at DevMountain. I'm not saying they aren't all true, just that this is all to the best of my knowledge and research. For example, there may be a few more people that have found jobs I don't know about but haven't updated their LinkedIn profiles or otherwise made that information available yet.

I graduated in the DM4 Web Development Immersive cohort in August 2015. Of the around 30 members of my cohort, a month later I can only find 5 of us that have found jobs and 3 of those jobs were at DevMountain itself as mentors/assistants. Furthermore, 1 of the 2 non-DevMountain hired students was someone who had been designing and creating websites/apps long before even attending DevMountain. For those 3 jobs offered to students to work at DevMountain, they were all selected mainly because they played integral roles in their group projects. These were all for internal tools the lead instructor wanted made for use in future cohorts. They hired them to stick around to support those tools. I heard this from multiple people who work/teach at DevMountain. Worth noting, this was not disclosed beforehand as a factor for selection to be hired by DevMountain as mentors and many of us that hoped to continue on working and learning there had no knowledge our selection of project had effectively discounted us from the running.

The course material was actually not that bad albeit only slightly better than what can be found online since most instructors taught mainly by live coding in front of the class and didn't always elaborate on the concepts themselves. It seemed like some just hoped you picked it up by watching them code instead of explaining the what, when, where, why, etc. that really helps cement the material in your head. Therefore, some topics were very hard to grasp come project time. What was really odd to me throughout the cohort was that they never shared or wanted to share (I asked many times) the calendar of who was teaching what on which day. I guess this is mainly because people might not show up if a certain instructor was teaching that day since some were, to be brutally honest, mostly useless in helping you fully grasp the concepts. Basically, a lot of self-teaching is required here, so please do not to sign up thinking everything will be handed to you. There were definitely some great instructors there though, specifically Merrick Christensen and Daniel Kesler.

The job assistance at DevMountain is basically non-existent and to be completely fair was never advertised to exist in the first place. I think a lot of us got excited when they hired on Jeff Chapman to help work on this and kind of saw it as the start of a job assistance department. This however must have been optimistic thinking because I still honestly haven't even been contacted since graduating over a month ago as I continue on aimlessly in my (so far) fruitless job search.

In the end, the question that really matters is: In my time at DevMountain, did I learn to code great Web Applications? The answer is both yes and no. I came in starting from basically zero knowledge and ended my time there being able to create full stack applications with great functionality from scratch. However, I feel like around half of this was due to personal study and perseverance and not from the school's curriculum itself. Also, the whole UI/UX portion of making your websites/apps look great along with working great is very much not emphasized, but I've heard this about almost all of the JavaScript-centric bootcamps, including the biggest ones.

To summarize all this up:

- What did DevMountain excel at? Teaching us the core and some of the advanced concepts of JavaScript and many of the popular frameworks and utilities such as AngularJS, NodeJS, MongoDB and Mongoose along with basic HTML/CSS/jQuery/ReactJS.

- What would I improve? Spend less time on breaks and working on solo projects and more time on learning concepts to make us more hirable. Almost 4 weeks of the class (including the one week of break aka Interim Week) are spent working on personal projects which to me is not a valuable use of time when there are so many more concepts that we could learn or spend time elaborating on. The idea of having a week long break in the middle of the class to me is wrong to me as well. We only have 3 months to learn as much as we can before trying to start our career, we need all the time we can get. Also, definitely make job assistance part of the budget. As I said before, almost all of us are having issues getting hired, from my cohort at least.

I wrote this review because I currently would not recommend this course for someone looking to start a career in Web Development. From what I've seen, there are other schools out there that may cost more, but seem to have higher amounts of satisfied and (most importantly) employed graduates with transparent data available to back up their claims. Overall, for me, DevMountain’s Immersive Web Development course turned out to be more of a 0-50 learning experience instead of the 0-60 that I felt like I was promised.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me at dm4student@gmail.com.

Hi Anonymous,

I'd love to see how we can help you. Please drop me a line at cahlan[at]devmountain.com

We definitely don't expect the majority of students to have jobs in a single month after the class. Getting a job is hard work, and the industry standard is typically 90 days before tracking placement statistics. However, at the time of this writing we have 94 hired students out of 104 Web Immersive students who indicated they were looking for employment. So I stand by our placement rate and our outcomes. We wouldn't be here if that weren't the case.

We definitely do not select mentors based on working on our internal tools. We try to keep mentors not just busy helping students, but busy building things so they don't grow stagnant in their skills. This is a challenge, and oftentimes the best "work" we can give them is to help us build better internal tools for students. Some of the recent tools mentors have worked on are paying large dividends for current and future classes. And we don't look at being selected as a mentor vs. not being selected as a success/failure, like you imply. There are many talented, smart students who will have great careers that we don't select for a multitude of reasons, including because their personalities don't fit well with the required attributes of a mentor (patience, empathy, good communication, etc.)

I'm sorry you felt the job assistance was poor. We have a great employment specialist, Jeff Chapman, whom I'd love for you to reach out to. He has a lot of tools and has seen a lot of students get jobs, so he knows what it takes. He's a large reason why so many of our students have jobs. Jeff is unaware of anyone he hasn't contacted, so please try again to contact Jeff (jeff[at]devmountain.com) so we can get you the help you need. Both Jeff and I have tried reaching out to you via email via the address you provided. Please reply back and let us know how we can help.

Finally, we definitely rely a lot on the individuals' own "personal study and perseverance." It's a hard program. We expect a lot out of students. We can only take students as far as they're willing to go. The students who work insanely hard, stay positive, and communicate with us are the ones who are the most successful. We've seen it time and time again.

Again, I think there are lots of ways we can help. Please drop me a line and let's talk.

• Great foundation!
    - 8/23/2015
    Spenser Arn • iOS Developer • Student

I came to DevMountain with no prior coding experience. I had Ana amazing time there with some amazing instructors. After completing the course imI now have a full time development job as an iOS developer! Amazing after only 12 weeks of training!

I came to DevMountIn like others with little coding knowledge and came out fully confident in my abilities and have designed awesome apps. I recommend DevMountIn every day and have a close friend now in one if the upcoming courses.

• Christian Monson • Graduate

I went with no previous knowledge of any type of code and left the school with a basic knowledge of Objective C and strong confidence in my code.

• Awesome
    - 8/21/2015

I have nothing but good to say about DevMountain. They have amazing teachers who really care about the students and want us to succeed. The iOS after hours cohort was very affordable, very work schedule friendly, and right in my backyard.

• Plain Awesome...
    Daniella Lopez

I do not have anything else but good things to say about DevMountain. The teachers are amazing they remind me of why it is I'm here they love to code as much as I do :)  There is no reason why anyone should doubt  this school.

• Plain Awesome...
    Daniella Lopez

• Jordan Gunther • Revenue Analyst • Applicant

I am having a hard time with the teaching methods of UVU regarding computer development and programming. I heard about this bootcamp from a friend that immediately tripled their income only a month after finishing the 3 month course. I signed up and received pre-work to start the course. I haven't started the course yet but have worked on the pre-work. I have learned more in Just 5 hours worth of pre-course work than I learned if half a semester at UVU. I love the teaching method of DevMountain and think it is the most effective way out their to learn. I am incredibly excited to start my course.

• So Far, So Good
    Doug • Video Production Professional • Student

Up to this point (half way through), I'm thrilled with my decision to learn iOS at DevMountain.  They aren't kidding when they use the term 'immersive'. -- 9 hours of class a day, generally paired with another 2-3 hours outside of class completing challenges, coding, reading, working on personal projects, etc.  It's intense.  Despite my fear of getting burned out and/or left in the dust, at this point I find I'm actually headed the opposite direction.  I want to keep going, keep learning, keep running into problems so I can keep finding answers.  While I had no background in coding at all, I was interested in it.  Now, once I get going, I have to make a conscious effort to take a break, get some exercise, eat some dinner, whatever.  It has consumed me, which is probably the best review I can offer.  DevMountain teaches the basics, and more importantly cultivates an ability (and for myself a desire) to find answers independently.  I enjoy the instructors, mentors and environment, and I can't imagine any other bootcamp offering this much bang for the buck.

*Regarding the job category, I'll be marking it a 3, simply based on the fact that I don't actually have a strong opinion on the matter since I still have half the course to finish before I start looking for work.

• Anonymous • Full Stack Software Engineer • Graduate

This course was fantastic.  I became good friends with the teachers and students.  Fast forward one year and I am working as a mid-level full stack software engineer.  The skills and connections I made at DevMountain prepared me to succeed in this field.  One of the teachers referred me to companies he had connections with and helped me get interviews at several of them.

Overall my experience has been mixed with DevMountain. Like the other user that has participated in the SLC Web Development After Hours course I feel a bit let down by DevMountain as a whole. There have been multiple days that we have been locked out of the building, had teachers not showing up at all or just being late on a regular basis. Also as the other user stated the mentors while being great people can be very hit and miss, some are helpful, some have trouble answering simple questions in regards to coding issues. They have 100% stopped teaching back-end which is a big disappointment to me because I was looking forward to this and on top of that they are now telling us our demo-day is now just going to be showing to the class instead of showing to potential employers. Once again, another big thing I was looking forward to that is gone and I believe is going to make it much tougher to become employed leaving this program.

That being said DevMountain certainly gave me the tools to get started. I previously had very little coding experience but DevMountain's course has made me comfortable enough with the basics of HTML/CSS/JS/Angular to learn more. The thing is the majority of what I'm learning at this point comes from self-study and places like Code School and Team Treehouse, but I have to give credit to DevMountain here because I don't believe I would be able to as quickly understand and excel with my self-study if it wasn't for DevMountains instruction.

I also 100% agree that if DevMountain is not willing to put more focus and time into their SLC campus and their after-hours classes than they should just drop the after-hours classes and maybe the SLC campus entirely.

Hi Anonymous,

I'm really saddened to hear about the multiple days being locked out of the building. Those were really frustrating days for us while we were working with the building owners to get direct access to the building that we could hand off to lead instructors. Very frustrating, and I'm so sorry it filtered down to you and your cohort. We can do much better than that.

You might be interested to know that we've since lengthened our part-time classes to 16 weeks instead of 12 and that we have again included React and back-end development as a part of the curriculum. As you may or may not know, you're always welcome to return and retake any (or all) portions of the class you would like.

We'd love for you to come back and pick up the parts you most need so we can help you succeed. If you need to, please drop me a direct line and we can chat more. cahlan[at]devmountain.com
  • Thank you!
    - 8/21/2015

Dev Mountain is one of the greatest decisions I have made in my career. It jump started me from 0 to 60 in just three months. Great support while learning javascript. Wouldn't have been able to do it in such a short period of time without them.

• Cal • iOS Developer • Student

I attended to Dev Mountain's iOS immersive course this past winter. I chose Dev Mounatin because of the low price and the housing they offered. The experience was great and the teachers, mentors, and guest teachers were all passionate about their jobs ensuring that we as students, understood the lessons. I entered the course with zero developing experience and now have a job doing iOS development. The career change has been great, in so much that my wife is currently attending the Summer IOS course to pursue a career in development as well.  Thank You Dev Mountain!

- 8/21/2015

My time spent at DevMountain was great. I had never done any sort of coding before so I came into the bootcamp really green. I got a lot out of the part-time cohort but it seems that the instructors and organization down in provo couldn't give a damn about the way things are run in slc. There were multiple days where instructors wouldn't show up to teach. We were locked out of the classroom as a class and some of the Mentors knew very little about how to help students succeed. There was no pair-programming in the class which is what excited me about it in the first place and there was just not enough time spent on Data-Structures and algorithms (which is something that I'm constantly using today in my career and wish I had a lot more time on). I heard that after my cohort they stopped teaching back end altogether. DevMountain should give up on trying to teach the after hours program and focus on all full-time programs.

All that being said, I had great success (unlike the majority of my classmates) and ended up getting a job after much self-study and learning post graduation. My hope is that DevMountain irons out their kinks and really starts to focus on the program as opposed to the cash making machine it has become! Otherwise I see it just going the way of all other mediocre at best programs out there.

Hi Anonymous,

So happy you found a good job post graduation. Awesome.

I'm sorry you had a less-than-stellar experience, especially the part with instructor hiccups. Sometimes scheduling guest teachers can be tricky, and we obviously failed on those days.

We've toyed with pair programming in the After Hours classes, and have gone away from it usually due to the classes not responding well to it. Maybe it's time to revisit that. We also don't spend a lot of time on data structures and algorithms in the part-time classes due to how much time we have and the breadth of material to cover. It's a tough trade-off.

We recently changed the length of the After Hours programs to be 16 weeks instead of 12. I really believe that will help people to have more time to absorb the concepts as well as let us teach more in the curriculum itself.

Thanks for your feedback, and hoping you have a long and successful career ahead of you.

Thanks to DevMountain's iOS course, I am now confident and skilled enough to make great iOS apps. Coming in to the class, I had little programming experience and now I know more than I could have imagined. The course gave me great exposure to objective-c and swift as well as many frameworks that acompany iOS development.

DevMountain provided me the foundation to become a successful iOS developer. With fantastic instructors and the ability to get the help you need when you need it you receive an incredible education. They provide instruction based on real world experience and teach you what you need to know to become a great developer.  After taking computer science classes in college and learning some basic programming skills at a slow rate I wanted more. Having a developer in the family I asked what he would recommend me doing and thats when he brought up DevMountain. Because of DevMountain I have a solid career path and the ability to make an impact. I am grateful for the opportunity to learn from the best and look forward to seeing DevMountain produce top quality developers.

• Parker • Mobile Developer (iOS) • Graduate

DevMountain is one of the best bootcamps in the nation. It it one of the most affordable and also most intensive that you can find. The teachers are very accomplished and extrememly good and what they do. The course expects a lot out of its students but is very rewarding. Most of the students had 2 apps in the appstore at graduation and had job offers or interviews when we graduated. I landed the job I have now before I even graduated. DevMountain was the best decision of my life.

• Alan Barth • Graduate

DevMountain had everything you coud have hoped for. While taking the course I felt like I got exactly what I had paid for and more. Help learning the curriculum was exceptional. Whenever I had a quesiton I was able to get an answer quickly and effectively. The instructors are knowledgable and really want their students to succeed. I have no regrets about taking this course from DevMountain.

• Bryan Smith • Front End Developer • Graduate

I literally knew nothing about code or development. All I knew was that I didn't want to work in a call center for the rest of my life. I looked around and interviewed every single code camp in Utah. All of them. DevMountain was by far the most personable, knowledgeable and real out of them all. They don't accept everyone, but they do believe that everyone they accept has the potential to learn and grow into a developer.

DevMountain taught me more in three months than I learned in a whole semester at the community college. Since completing DevMountain I have reccomended everyone I think would be a good fit to go there. A few of my friends, who just graduated with four year degrees, will be attending DevMountain and I hope that it changes their life like it changed mine. I doubled my salary in just three months and now work for one of the largest online retailers in the world. Life isn't good, it's great.

• Gabe Guerrero • iOS Developer • Graduate

It was an intense 12 weeks but I got so much out of it. As with any boot camp, you can't expect them to hand hold you through out the whole course. You will get what you put in. The teachers and the mentors explained clearly the concepts and they were fun to be around. I love the new Salt Lake location its very spacious and they provide snacks and water to keep you going.

They provided free housing which is a 5-10 tracks ride (VTA Trax which they ALSO provide a bus/train pass). When they mean, immersive, they mean immsersive.

They hit all the needed course materials without getting to bogged down on the details (Having encountered the detail myself rather than hearing them explain it saved them/me more time). It was an overall rewarding experience.

I got a job within 3 weeks!

• Marcus Brown • Student

I am currently in the iOS immersive cohort and one word that would describe my experience is intense. Coming from absolutely no coding background from even before the program we were learning the basics and expected to cover about 50 hrs of pre-course work. We are in class 40+ hours a week, half of that is instruction and the other is projects that are related to the daily curriculum. Overall its been a GREAT intro into iOS its impossible to cover everything in the 12 weeks but after the program we can build and app and more importantly we learn how to LEARN and use documentation and online resources to solve problems and continue developing as a developer. DevMountain is an excellent way to start the long journey into the coding world.

• Christian R. Monson • Graduate

During my time at DevMountain (12 weeks), I learned enough Objective C to write 3 apps that are now on the app store! I'm confident in my ability to code and to continue my education in computer development. They didn't just teach me the concepts on iOS developing, they taught me how to be resourceful and learn things on my own.