devmountain-logo

Devmountain

Atlanta, Dallas, Lehi, Online, Phoenix, Provo, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City

Devmountain

Devmountain is a technology school that offers full-time and part-time programs at campuses in Lehi, Dallas, and Phoenix. The immersive courses include iOS Development, Software QA, User Experience Design, and Web Development. The Web track covers front-end and back-end JavaScript (HTML/CSS, jQuery, AngularJS, Node.js, Express, data sources like SQL, Mongo, Firebase). The iOS track covers mobile development in Swift. The UI/UX course covers prototyping, visual/motion design, sketch, adobe suite, UX research, wireframing, and analytical tools. Devmountain instructors are all coding industry professionals and aim to bring real-world applications into the classroom. The immersive courses require 40 to 60 hours of pre-course work, 40 hours of class per week, and 10 to 20 hours of work outside of the classroom. The part-time programs require 30 to 40 hours of pre-course work, 11 hours of class per week, and 10 to 20 hours of work outside of the classroom. The school was started in 2013 in Provo, Utah.

The first step to applying for Devmountain bootcamp is to check out the courses and start dates. Once the student has picked a course, they must submit an online application. Next, students speak with a member of the admissions team by phone to further discuss the program. After the phone call, students must complete a challenge to test their knowledge of the course subject matter. Finally, the admissions team will notify students if they qualify for acceptance. Devmountain recommends that students have some exposure to coding before applying.

Recent Devmountain Reviews: Rating 4.61

all (268) reviews for Devmountain →

Recent Devmountain News

Read all (30) articles about Devmountain →
  • iOS Development Immersive

Xcode, Objective-C, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, iOS, Swift
    LocationLehi
    Want to build iOS (iPhone/iPad) apps? There is no better place to learn. You'll start building apps on Day 1 of the class, and by the end you'll have at least one app in the App Store (possibly even making you money). Classes are rigorous, and previous programming experience is definitely preferred, but if you're up to the challenge, you can become a great iOS developer with a start in this course.
    Minimum Skill LevelProgramming experience preferred, beginners welcome
    Prep WorkOnce accepted, students must complete pre-course work before first day of class.
  • Software QA Testing Immersive

AngularJS, Git
    In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week
    LocationLehi
    Our 6-week immersive software QA bootcamp will prepare you with the skills needed to become a competitive candidate for junior-level software QA engineer positions. Instruction consists of instructor lectures, guest lecturers, guided projects, individual projects, group projects, and real projects with corporate clients. Students will work collaboratively with the lead instructor and mentors throughout the course. Through experience in specific technologies and frameworks that are popular today, students can achieve a flexible outlook that is comfortable and eager to tackle new technologies in a fast-moving and ever-changing industry.
  • UI/UX Design After Hours

Design, User Experience Design
    LocationLehi
    Our "After Hours" course is a great way to dive into UX without having to quit your job or school. It's still extremely intense, but allows for a more flexible format. Classes are held nights and weekends. This class is great for those who are interested in UX, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset.
  • UX Design Immersive

Design, Product Management, User Experience Design
    In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week
    LocationLehi
    If you're a designer, product person, developer, or simply interested in taking a dive into UX (user experience), this class is for you. Our "Immersive" full-time UI/UX course makes the most of class time because we focus on less theory and more hands-on practice. You're probably already doing some UX whether you know it or not and this course will help you give structure to your innate thoughts through industry know how and structured design processes. The design course at DevMountain is multi-faceted, covering all aspects of the design process from start to finish. While covering both mobile and web design principles students will practice creative discovery, ideation, critical thinking, research collection, wireframing / prototyping, basic front-end coding and more design best practices. The class will teach students to understand and meet modern web and mobile design standards in the product creation process, from first pondering user centered design and design thinking principles to testing their products on multiple devices and measuring the effectiveness of their designs. Students will also learn design principles such as grid systems, typography, color theory, branding and systems-based design, design history and research methods. By the end of the 13-week course, the new designers will graduate with a well-rounded portfolio of work that shows everything they have learned and can achieve in the workplace. This class is great for those who are interested in UX, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset. The course will prepare students to step into a variety of design roles: web designer, mobile designer, UX designer, UI designer, front-end designer, freelance designer, and more.
    Prep WorkYes.
  • Web Development After Hours

AngularJS, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS
    LocationLehi
    Our "After Hours" course is a great way to dive into code without having to quit your job or school. It's still extremely intense, but allows for a more flexible format. Classes are held nights and weekends. This class is great for those who are interested in coding, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset.
  • Web Development Immersive

MySQL, AngularJS, HTML, jQuery, Mobile, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationLehi, Dallas, Phoenix
    The full-time class is the best immersive coding experience you can find. It's a world-class coding education. It's also a grind--8 or 10 or 12 hour days of instruction, 1:1 mentoring, and work. You'll live, eat, sleep, and breathe code for 12 weeks. And when you're done, you'll be a different person. This class is great for those who are serious about learning to code. If you want to code as a career, this is the place to do it. There's no better place in the country for this price to get nearly two years worth of world-class education.

• Kennedy • Developer • Graduate

Attending DevMountain was such a great experience. The instructors were super helpful and the atomosphere had such a great vibe. You literally eat, sleep and breathe code. I loved how I had 24/7 access to the campus. So on nights when I couldn't sleep (which was many) it was nice being able to head over to the campus and get to work. The teaching style at DevMountain is super hands-on and always having a mentor around was awesome because I had A LOT of questions! All in all, my only regret was that I didn't sign up sooner. I sat on this decision way too long and now realize how much time I've lost!

• Rebecca • Junior Developer • Graduate

After my second year of college, I decided it wasn't write for me. For quite some time before that, I had been looking into many different bootcamps in my area. I knew that I wanted to be a developer and didn't want to keep spending a fortune on college. After months of research, I decided to pull the trigger on DevMountain. I attended their Provo campus and was amazed at how fun learning could be. Everybody around me was working super hard, but at the same time having a lot of fun while doing it. I had a better social experience in my 3 months at DevMountain than my 2 years at college.

Fast forward to 2 months later, I just landed my first job as a Junior Developer making a great income and absolutely loving my job. Jeremy (the lead teacher) was such an awesome instuctor and mentor to me, I couldn't be more happy with my expierience at DevMountain. 5 stars!

• Choose Mark Price • Graduate

Like many students looking into development bootcamps, I was interested in coding, wanted to pursue a new career but didn't want to go back to college to get an engineering degree.

I graduated from Dev Mountain in 2016.

If you're attending with the goal of getting a job immediately afterwards or have anyone other than yourself to support, this is important to know.

Pros

- the classmates I had and the mentors were genuinely nice people. I couldn't think of a nicer group of people to be around.

- you will learn to code (but no more than if you took a udemy or devslopes course for much cheaper). If you don't understand a week of material, they let your repeat (within reason) until you do.

- free snacks and 24/7 access to code at Dev Mtn. campus alongside other developers

Cons

Long term unemployment

- Save up for 6 months at least. You are taking at least 3-4 months to attend the program. Add 3-4 more months looking for a job on top of that, if you're even able to find an iOS job. Only one of the people in my cohort was able to find a full time position right away as an iOS developer and he had an engineering background. One or two found internships after three months of being unemployed. The rest are still looking or took non-development jobs to support themselves. Most employers do not want to hire someone who has only been coding for 3-4 months and coding bootcamps still do not have the legitimacy of a Computer Science degree and you are competing for jobs with CS majors who have taught themselves iOS. Also, most iOS jobs posted online are from recruiters who will not give you the time of day if you don't have experience.

- You will not learn everything you need to get an iOS job

- Because the program is so short, they will only teach you the Swift programming language in the iOS course but Swift is only 2 years old and most apps and code bases have been written in Objective C. They only spend a week on Objective C which means you will need to teach the language yourself. Additionally, the first 6 weeks you wlll be taught. The next 6 weeks, you work on projects.

- Understanding basic computer science principles (that stuff they teach in a CS degree) is important and something that is going to be tested in job interviews. These are not covered in any depth. There are stretch problems for 1 hr each day that attempt to teach them but this not enough.

- To land a job in iOS, you need a portfolio of apps you have developed on your own. Much of the curriculum is spent building basic apps like your Notes app on your iphone or an Instagram clone. You have 1 personal project which you work on for 3 weeks and another group project which you work on for an additional 3 weeks. Again, not enough. I know many in my cohort who spent the next few months post-graduation developing more apps for their portfolio and they still do not have jobs.

- You are paying 10K to be taught by other students. The mentors I had were wonderful but they are usually students from prior semesters who just learned the material themselves a year prior. Once a week, you will be taught by a consummate professional in the industry and occasionally you will have guest lecturers.

Lack of real world/on the job experience

Again, there is only so much that can be covered in 6 weeks of teaching...

- Programming methodologies like scrum, agile, kanban were not practiced.

- Using git (the way multiple developers can work on a single project at the same time) was covered for one day, and it is really important when you're actually working.

I felt compelled to write this review because before I went to Dev Mountain I came on this site. The high ranking convinced me there was nothing to worry about. I see a ton of positive reviews on here from people who attended the web development program which appears to be a more succesful program than iOS (hopefully these individuals have landed jobs). Half of my cohort was from Utah, the rest including myself were from out of state where Dev Mountain is not well known. Both groups have had a difficult time landing full time paid jobs. I'm not sure how the school reports job placement statistics but perhaps they lump web dev and iOS together to support their placement rates? The good news is that this school is now reporting to the Council on Integrity in Results Reporting (cirr.org). Unfortunately, we did not reap the benefits of this report but future prospective students will. Make sure to go on cirr.org and check placement rates before you apply.

Moral of the story- This bootcamp is an intro to iOS development. If you need a job shortly after graduation, save your $10K, keep your day job, buy the $20 course on Udemy/Devslopes, take advantage of courses on iTunes U, build up a portfolio of mobile apps, study up on your own, and then apply for jobs.

• Mike Curtis • UX Designer • Graduate

My story is one that many may relate to. For the past 15 years, I had been working in a career not related to UX design. To boot, I had been with the exact same company for those 15 years. While I had dabbled in my career with many elements of user experience, I didn't even know the industry existed.

Last year, around November of 2016, I began to explore options to better my career and my family situation. A friend in my neighborhood recommended the web development course at DevMountain. His employer sent him through the after-hours program and he loved it. I thought to myself, "I could never learn Javascript!" I started doing some research on it, figured that I could at least look into it. My friend gave me his Javascript book and I began reading. Around the same time, DevMountain posted an open-house meetup at their Salt Lake location. I signed up and went to the meetup to learn more. I still wasn't sure, but I knew I wanted a change.

When I showed up for the meetup at DevMountain, to my surprise, it was not a web developer meetup, it was to introduce their UX Immersive Design course. "What in the world is UX", I thought. As I listened, I was completely sold. This is what I had been doing, at least in some small part, for the past 15 years... but I never had a way to define it! I went home, told the wife about it, and signed up for the course. This is where I began my, "leap of faith".

The immersive UX course started January 1st of 2017, so this meant I had to quit my job. I'm married and have two kids, so this was a nerve-racking decision to make. There was some pre-course work to do, which involved basic elements of UX, but it was nothing I couldn't handle. I was accepted into the program, left my job, and started out on my adventure.

What an absolutely incredible experience it was. Props must be given here to the instructor, Brandon. If it wasn't for him, there's no way I would have had the desire, ambition, or drive to push myself in this course. Brandon has so many acquaintances in the UX community that it felt like everyone in Salt Lake knew him... or of him. This is a huge plus to have in a teacher, especially when it comes to networking and job hunting.

The course material was definitely packed in there, but it had to be to fit into a three-month course. We covered UX principles, wireframing, sketching, research, interviews, prototyping, storyboarding, user flows, UX-related software, color theory, design principles, did creative exercises daily, did team projects and solo projects, and a host of other activities in my time there. I came out of the course with an online portfolio (personal website), a Linkedin profile, a resume, and three case studies to showcase to potential employers.

Another thing that helped tremendously was how our instructor brought in guest speakers continuously throughout the course. These speakers were working in industry, doing the exact same thing we'd be doing out there in the workplace. They shared their stories with us, taught us software tools, and left us with a strong impression of the passion they had working in user experience. This was crucial to me later on when DevMountain ended. I reached out to several of these guest speakers and asked them if I could job shadow them for a day. Every one of them was cordial and accepting and I was able to see firsthand how they work in their element.

After the course ended, I took a couple of weeks to be with my family and move houses, so it took me a bit to get going on the job search. When I did though, DevMountain was helpful in sending me job recommendations and introducing me to potential employers. It took me about three weeks to find a job, but the work I had done at DevMountain impressed employers during the interviews. I am now working at a very successful company here in Salt Lake City as a UX designer, primarily focused on their mobile iOS and Android offering. I absolutely love it and never would have imagined I'd be in this position a year ago. But, thanks to DevMountain, and a lot of hard work on my part, I'm a UX Designer!

I must interject here though that it does all come down to the work you put in during and after the course. If you don't treat finding a job like a full-time job, the job hunt can be that much harder and you'll get frustrated for sure.

The staff at DevMountain is amazing as well. Everyone I reached to was friendly and professional to me, whether in person or via email. I have met quite a few people now in my network of friends that have done DevMountain as well or are interested. I always recommend them to the school if they're on the fence about a bootcamp.

Now that I'm alumni, I'm looking forward to going back and doing the after-hours web dev course towards the end of this year! Wish me luck learning Javascript! If it's anything like the UX immersive course, I know I'll be successful.

Thanks DevMountain!

- 5/31/2017
    Seth Sutherland • Student • Graduate

Come ready to work.  DevMountain is for people who are proactive and WANT to learn to code and to learn how to teach themselves.  Yes, the instructors are fantastic--they are almost always great teachers and explainers--but your success will be equivalent to the effort that you make to understand the concepts on your terms.  I've had awesome experiences with the instructors, they always seem to have time for questions and advice.  If you take the time to reach out to them and ask good questions they will help make your experience more than worth it.  The mentors that are assigned to each class are awesome as well, super helpful and they know their stuff.  It's a great environment.  The people at DevMountain want to be there and almost all of them were commited to putting in the time and effort to succeed.  Overall I had a fantastic, even life-changing experience.  The material is super relevant--I feel like I got a lot of marketable skills that match up pretty well with a lot of job postings.  Be ready to work just as hard and learn new skills after you graduate though, the camp is just the very start of becoming a developer or engineer.  I give 5 stars without hesitation.  I was pushed, encouraged (there is an awesome support system, just reach out!) and I'd do it again in a heart beat.

Now that I have graduated the support is still there and instructors and mentors are still awesome about answering questions, doing mock interviews and helping me with looking for a job.

Again, come ready to be proactive, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN SUCCESS, work hard and use all the resources they give you and you wont be dissapointed.

• Awesome!
    - 5/31/2017
    Jeremiah • Graduate

I really loved DevMountain. They helped me learn so much in so little time. The mentors are great. They do all they can to help you learn and succeed.

• Maddie B. • Graduate

DevMountain has been one of the most rewarding experiences I've had in my life. I decided I needed to change paths from studying illustration to something more technical, and I've always wanted to learn how to code. I was looking at another 3-4 years and a whole lot more than $10k in tuition, to obtain a CS degree. That's when I found DevMountain, and I'm so glad I did. I have learned more in the last 3 months than I have in school for 5 years combined. At DevMountain the housing is free while you attend, and they give you a mentor that can help you learn every step of the way. DevMountain is also 100% willing to work with you on whatever learning style works best for you. If you need to take more time to learn certain subjects, they can place you on a different track, so that you don't fall behind. They also won't charge you if you need to take more time. Their fee is to teach you a certain set of skills, however long it takes you to learn them. That being said, you need to be willing to work hard. If the lead mentors know you are working hard, they will do everything in their power to help you succeed.

• Niall Cummins • Marketing Web Developer • Graduate

I attended DevMountain from January 2nd through March 31st of 2017. I did the immersive web development bootcamp in Provo. I stayed in the housing, which is an amazing value. Every room has a decent sized bed, and some have desks. The apartment I stayed in was furnished with a couch, a love seat, and a dining table with some chairs. There was also plenty of dishes and cooking ware for the 3 of us in my apartment.

The actual class was amazing, yet exhausting. I didn't know humans were capable of learning so much in such a short amount of time until I came here. It may sound overwhelming, but there are plenty of resources there that you can take advantage of to help you stay afloat.

The Provo campus is filled with fun. DevMountain has a game night every other friday night where all of the students get together to play games and have fun. There is also free breakfast on Fridays. At graduation, they usually throw a huge party called a hackathon that is a lot of fun. The campus includes foosball and ping pong tables too, which are nice to use when you need a break every couple hours.

The curriculum is very in depth. It's probably more than you need to know to find a junior level position. I learned Angular, Angular 2, And React while I was at DevMountain. Angular 2 was not part of the official curriculum when I went there, but one of the isntructors helped me to teach it to myself for my personal project.

I couldn't reccomend DevMountain more. Less than three weeks after graduation, I was hired as a Junior developer with a 60k/yr salary. It was a life changing experience.

• Corey Harville • Student

This was the best learning experience of my life! I've had some college and the full-immersion teaching/learning model was the best. Another reason this was the best experience for me is the staff. EXCELLENCE, bar none, is how I would describe them. From the full-time staff to the visiting teachers and alumni guest speakers to the mentors, I always had the support that I needed when I needed it. The final reason why I feel that DevMountain gave me the best experience is because of the curriculum. The frameworks, libraries, and languages being taught by DevMountain are the exact ones needed in the job market right now to be successful. My only negative critique is job assistance. I was expecting more direct leads in the nearby job market to companies looking and willing to hire Jr. Developers. However, with an abundance of bootcamp grads and seemingly most companies' aversion to hiring Jr. Developers, the job market would have been much more easily navigated had there been better support finding jobs. This seems to be changing with the newly formatted Job Fair being held on 1 June 2017. It should feature a collection of local companies looking to hire Jr. Devs so I am hopefully optimistic that the job assistance fortunes of recent DevMtn grads and current students will be getting MUCH better!

• Amazing Experience
    - 5/25/2017
    Matthew Langford • Graduate

After spending hours researching bootcamps in the area and ones that were teaching the most relevant frameworks and libraries, I chose Devmountain. Me and two of my brothers signed up together and we really gave it our all. I had some prior coding experience from college and both of my brothers have never coded before, so I had a little edge going in and after the first few weeks, It felt like we were all near the same level.

My advice to anyone thinking of attending. Just dive in and don't look back, fair warning though, If you want to succeed at this boot camp you have to go all in, we were there 10-11 hours a day 5 days a week and coding at home on the weekends. It wasn't hard to do because the instructors are very motivating and the mentors are very good at helping you figure out the solution together, rather than simply giving you the answers.

If you want all in results you have to give all in effort, it's that simple.

I am working in the industry already, my younger brother is interviewing like crazy, and my other brother graduates in 2 weeks. Hands down, best decision ever.

• Fantastic!
    - 5/23/2017
    Corey McGarr • Graduate

Anyone looking to begin their journey into web development should seriously consider DevMountain. The staff is top-knotch and the curriculum is designed to cram the highest possible amount of learning and topics into a very short period of time.

It is not an easy course, and you will be expected to take initiative and actively engage with the content EVERY DAY, but you will get out what you put into it. The format of the course works if you are serious about learning.

I would recommend DevMountain to anyone.

• Put in the work
    - 5/23/2017
    Tyson Taylor • Freelance Web Developer • Graduate

My experience at DevMountain was fantastic. I met some great people, some of my closest friends have come out of my bootcamp experience. There is plenty of opportunity for questions and mentorship. The leadership is top-notch. This isn't a free pass into a new career. No bootcamp can guarantee you success in finding a job. Your success is directly correlated with the amount of effort you put into your pre-course preparations. Do the work, do extra work. You should be coming into a bootcamp experience with a solid grasp of the fundamentals.

• Cameron • Graduate

This was a great opportunity for me to make a career change. I was working 50+ hours in the finance industry on a career path I didn't want to pursue.

Dev Mountain gave me a second life. I am in an industry that I love, doing what I love every day.

• Worth it
    - 5/2/2017
    Matt Mecham • Graduate

As a bootcamp they teach you how to work hard.  I learned more life and career lessons from these past 3 months than I ever did from my bachelor's degree.

• Ryan Colton • Javascript Developer

I graduated from Dev Mountain at the end of March of this year and had a job offer within two weeks. The program is awesome if you put the time and effort in to get the most of what they have to offer. Most days I was putting in between 10 and 12 hours studying and working on projects, but it pays off. I highly recommend going to dev mountain, but be ready to work like crazy if you want to get results.

• Fantastic Decision
    - 4/21/2017
    sbelding • UX Designer • Graduate

I enrolled in the Immersive UX Design program at DevMountain's Salt Lake City location. At the time, I was living in the Bay Area and moving to Salt Lake for this course was a huge decision. The fact that it was going to be their first full time cohort gave me a little pause, but after corresponding with the enrollment staff and looking into their curriculum I decided to go for it. I just graduated and can honestly say it was one of the best decisions I've made for myself! The program was fast and intese, but incredibly thorough. My instructor Brandon Beecroft was absolutely phenomenal and was able to somehow be the best teacher each one of us needed. We had plenty of help when we needed it, and plenty of autonomy to do our own work. While I do have a background in research, I haven't had much background in design but it wasn't necessary for this course and I'm pumped about the possibilities moving forward. You don't get a grade or any type of certification at the end, but the portfolio you create during the course serves as proof of the skills you've developed.

After graduating just 3 weeks ago I've already gotten job offers. I credit that to the awesome mentors and connections our teacher helped us to leverage, and the training we got from Meaghan on how to build effective resumes and LinkedIn profiles. For anyone considering make a career change, I'd highly recommend DevMountain.

• Kevin • Website Administrator • Graduate

Quick Back Story

I want to start this story with full disclosure and a note for anyone out there who is reading this and has ever thought, "im not smart enough for this" or something to the like. because I myself have thought that before, and sometimes, i still do. But i want you to know that I attended Devmountain to change my life, and it helped me do just that.

I went into this school with 2 weeks of coding experience. TWO WEEKS, people. In retrospect, i probably should've studied a little longer and maybe had a tad more time under my belt before applying but i didnt, and i succeeded, so oh well to that thought.

The Curriculum

They have a lot of ground to cover in your short, 12 week stay, and you feel it. The content is very fast paced and sometimes you'll feel pretty overwhelmed. Sorry if i'm scaring you, what i'm trying to say is that you need to want this for yourself. This can't just be a "skill" you're just going to learn and put in your back pocket for future use. I mean i'm sure you want this if you've already applied and paid for the course.

The reason i bring up the difficulty is that I wasn't entirely aware of how hard this was going to be, I'm an average joe whos never coded before and by the time i was only a few weeks in I was able to write basic apps using Angluar, jQuery, Javascript, CSS and HTML. It was all very cool to me. By 6 weeks we were all able to write somewhat more advanced apps using more advanced tools like NodeJS, and SQL. I wasn't the best in my course, nor was I the smartest but I did ok because i wanted it, and because I had people to lean on. Which brings me to my next point.

The Teachers and Staff

The teachers and staff at Devmountain are the most memorable to me. They're thorough, they're caring and they're blunt. Which you need sometimes. If you're not doing so well you dont want someone just telling you you're doing fine to be nice. You want your moneys worth! and thats where they really shine, they will tell you when you're doing something wrong or inefficiently and present you with a better way, or give you advice on things to read, or practice. They're supportive and kind. When I felt like i wasnt getting it, or i wasnt smart enough someone would come along side me and pick me up. It was the kind of comfort I needed to make it through the process when i was filled with doubts.

I deeply enjoyed the help and guidance i received while attending Devmountain.

Outro

Devmountain is tough, but because i wanted to succeed, and i wanted to learn, i did. Devmountain changed my life and gave me a career i can finally be proud of. I left Devmountain on December 16th with experience and knowsledge to show employers that I was worth there time, and guess what? I had a job by January.

DevMountain was the best decision I have ever made, It was hard, and my whole family had to sacrifice to get me there. But I'm in a place now that I could never have reached without the experience and skills that i acquired at that school.

• Wonderful School
    - 2/22/2017
    Geordyn • Front End Developer • Graduate

I went to DevMountain in Provo, UT (Nov '15) because I wanted little to no distractions in my learning environment. It was the best decision I ever made. The instructors were amazing! S/O to Jeremy! And the mentors were unbelievably helpful - most of them would stay late and help out, off the clock. That is something all of us were so thankful for. They went out of their way to make sure we understood the cirriculum.

There is also free housing. You do have to pay a housing deposit, but you get it back once the cohort ends. The housing was so comfy and great - especially if you're a girl, because you most likely get your own room since almost no girls attend. When I attended the school, there was a total of 4 girls, and only three of us lived in the housing.

DevMountain needs more girls!

The school is in an old candy factory and it's absolutely beautiful. I love older buildings - so much character.

DevMountain provides free soda and coffee, as well as free breakfast every Friday.

Some guest instructors were questionable, and not very good. But our lead instructor always made sure we went over the material if we didnt like the guest instructor.

The Job assistance is one of those things: If you do not ask, you shall not receive. You have to be active in your job search. Nobody is going to throw a job in your lap, and I think some people expected that. Not sure why. But Jeff worked extrememly hard to get everybody 'job-ready.' And there are constant postings in the #Jobs devmtn slack channel. Jeff has also gone out of his way to get people interviews and introduce employers to students he think would be a good fit for the company.

Sometimes the ciriculum was a little all over the place, but I liked it. I only rate it as a 4 star because we werent being taught backend technologies that companies around us were using (really just the Database). At the time, we were taught MongoDB, but they do not have the same ciriculum today. Today it is better ciriculum.

There are a lot of perks going to DevMountain at any location, but I have worked at two of their locations, and Provo, UT is by far my favorite atmosphere.

• Shea Close • Student

Attending DevMountain, I had pretty much zero coding experience. I had played around with some HTML and CSS in my younger days, but had never written a line of JavaScript code. I am, by my nature, a skeptical person, and the idea of 13 weeks being enough time to prepare me for a career in tech was difficult to believe. Thankfully, I had friends who have done it, and encouraged me to try. I'm glad I did.

I constantly see people, when talking about their code-camp experience, say things along the lines of "you get out of it, what you put in". If it is a cliché, it is so for a reason. I am as good an example of that as any. I completed DevMountain 17 weeks after I wrote my first line of code, and had a job in less than 3 weeks after that. I had no experience and no proficiency beforehand. All I had was a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, and put I in the work. DevMountain provided the guidance and curriculum to take me the rest of the way.

Along those lines, my only advice to anyone looking to attend DevMountain, is be prepared to WORK. It's called a boot-camp for a reason. DevMountain is intense, but it has to be. There is just so much to learn, but if you are willing to work your butt off, you CAN do it. It's the best decision I've ever made, and I would (and have) recommended it to anyone looking to get a start in the tech industry.

• Aaron M. • Graduate

I was looking for a place to learn the skills I'd need to start a new career. I didn't want to just dabble in learing iOS development. What attracted me to Devmountain was the hands on/action oriented curriculum. Starting with the pre-course materials and from day 1 of class, we started building apps. They have a great mixture of "theory" and application. I was also excited to learn that I'd be shipping 2 apps to the app store during the program. It is a very fast paced program with a lot of material to cover so it takes a lot of focus and hard work. Overall a great experience!

• Amazing Course.
    - 2/4/2017
    Cody B. • Graduate

DevMountain was exactly what I needed. The part time class is very obviously less time than the full time class. The full time students I talked to on campus were there all day every day putting in a mountain of hours. I wish I could of done that, but I can't leave my current job right now to enroll in a full-time class. But the part time class is less than half the price as well so I think a part time student's time with mentors and teachers correlate exactly with the pricing. The time I did have in class with teachers and mentors is great, and they do a good job of explaining concepts clearly. They have a lot of great information and they really know their stuff. I would have liked to see more structure to what is taught through the videos. For those that don't know, alot of concepts are taught previous to class through videos, and then it is taught and worked on in class. I didn't feel like there was a lot of time preparing and thinking about exactly how to teach through the videos. But I heard they are redoing the videos right now because of many students leaving feedback on the videos. But I really appreciated that the mentors and teachers knew their stuff and are very willing to help in class. Thanks to DevMountain, I am taking on contracted work while still at my previous job (at a startup). I help business development at my company but put in 20+ hours into development through my contracted work every week. My plan is to eventually transition into development as a career or at my own startup one day. My experience was definitely positive.

• Great school!
    - 2/1/2017
    Mitch • Graduate

This was a great school. It was challenging but very rewarding!

• Dope Experience
    - 1/2/2017
    Tyler R. • Front-end/UX Developer • Graduate

I came into DevMountain having only minimal coding experience (one college intro course in C#). I didn't know entirely what to expect. However, they were very upfront about what your experience would be like, and how it would be tough. The instructors and instruction is rock-solid, and having the help of mentors is unbelievably useful. The one ding I have is that some of the mini-projects you work on need to be updated/revamped as some of them are very unclear. Other than that, you gain a ton of knowledge and have the opportunity to build a few projects of your choosing to implement the skills you picked up.

At the end, you have a week of instruction and portfolio building designed to aid you in your efforts of finding a job as a developer. They have staff that are dedicated to helping you find work as well. Through some of their help, I was able to land a job as a front-end developer 6 weeks after completing the course.

Cheers DevMountain! Me love you long time.

• Good Program
    - 12/27/2016
    Ryan • Web Dev / QA • Graduate

I was in the after hours program this last fall. The program was great. I felt like instruction and mentoring were exactly what I needed. I had tried to learn computer programming previous to DevMountain but had failed many times. The personal guidance was invaluable.

A lot of the reviews about the after hours program on here are correct, there is not much job assistance with the after hours program. I have heard different about the full time program, they help you a ton. I was debating between the two programs. I just leveraged my mentors, instructors, and simply just worked hard to get the skills I needed.

I now have a job working at a local startup doing Front end and QA. It took me about a month of hard searching. But I definitely would not be where I am without DevMountain. So yes, I recommend DevMountain, either after hours or full time.

• Dallin Parker • Graduate

From an early age, I was fascinated by technology in particular computers. I was self-taught in my computer skills, which I would consider to be above average, but nothing special. Goofing around in high school, I didn't take my quantitative classes serious and avoided taking any class higher than the requirement. Consequently, when I got to college and had matured, I realized that I was now scared of math, which shied me away from a traditional computer science degree. In my sophomore year of college, I enrolled in an intro level course for web development, and I was hooked. I bought books, did any online coding I could find and even took the advance course for web development, but still had so many questions about the sites I was able to create in comparison to the sites I went to every day. Long story short, I knew that I wanted to become a developer and didn't want to change degrees, so I looked into a coding-boot-camps. I was skeptical and nervous because I was already taking out loans to go to college and I didn't know if this would just add to my debt and reap no reward. Despite my reluctance, I did my research, and for reasons surrounding location, price, and curriculum I decided on DevMountain. I finished their 12-week Full-time Web Development program and couldn't be happier! The pre-course work was substantial but provides a good foundation coming into your cohort. From the instructors to the mentors I found myself surrounded with an intelligence level far superior to the courses I had taken previously. I can honestly say I learned more in the first two days then I had taught myself in the past year and a half. Web development isn't a static industry where you're learning a specific skill that will be applicable forever; you're learning foundational knowledge about popular programming languages, which will transcend in one's ability to learn anything. It was a breath of fresh air to be in an environment, where learning was as encouraged as being uncomfortable. Questions were welcomed, ideas were nurtured, and mistakes were the best way to find a solution. If you're looking for a way into the industry, look no further than DevMountain.

If you have specific questions or concerns feel free to contact me through email (dallin.r.parker@gmail.com) or LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/dallinparker)