Start the conversation with DevMountain.Request Info >

all (190) reviews for DevMountain →

4 Campuses

Provo

560 S. 100 W. , Provo, UT 84601
AngularJS, JavaScript, MongoDB, HTML, Git, jQuery, CSS, Node.js, Express.js, React.jsIn PersonFull Time40 Hours/week

The full-time class is the best immersive coding experience you can find. It's a world-class coding education. It's also a grind--8 or 10 or 12 hour days of instruction, 1:1 mentoring, and work. You'll live, eat, sleep, and breathe code for 12 weeks. And when you're done, you'll be a different person. This class is great for those who are serious about learning to code. If you want to code as a career, this is the place to do it. There's no better place in the country for this price to get nearly two years worth of world-class education.

Beginner
Once accepted, students must complete pre-course work before first day of class.
AngularJS, JavaScript, HTML, Git, jQuery, CSSIn PersonPart Time11 Hours/week

Our "After Hours" course is a great way to dive into code without having to quit your job or school. It's still extremely intense, but allows for a more flexible format. Classes are held nights and weekends. This class is great for those who are interested in coding, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset.

Course Details

DevMountain has partnerships with ClimbEarnestAffirm and WeFinance.

Design, User Experience DesignIn PersonPart Time11 Hours/week

Our "After Hours" course is a great way to dive into UX without having to quit your job or school. It's still extremely intense, but allows for a more flexible format. Classes are held nights and weekends. This class is great for those who are interested in UX, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset.

Course Details

DevMountain has partnerships with ClimbEarnestAffirm and WeFinance.

SQLIn PersonFull Time40 Hours/week

Our 12-week after-hours Salesforce Developer bootcamp will prepare you with the skills needed to become a competitive candidate for junior-level Salesforce Developer and Salesforce Administrator jobs. Instruction consists of instructor lectures, guest lectures, guided projects, individual projects, group projects, and real projects with corporate clients. Students will work collaboratively with the lead instructor and mentors throughout the course. You will learn how to develop in Salesforce using Apex, Visualforce, and the new Salesforce Lightning framework. By the end of this course you will have an understanding of how the Salesforce platform works and insight into tried and true methods used to tackle common business problems. We will provide you with the skills, direction, and resources you will need to solve the most difficult business problems.

Interview
Previous development experience is preferred.

Salt Lake City

120 S. Main Street , Salt Lake City, UT 84101
iOS, Xcode, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, SwiftIn PersonPart Time11 Hours/week

Want to build iOS (iPhone/iPad) apps? There is no better place to learn. You'll start building apps on Day 1 of the class, and by the end you'll have at least one app in the App Store (possibly even making you money). Classes are rigorous, and previous programming experience is definitely preferred, but if you're up to the challenge, you can become a great iOS developer with a start in this course.

Programming experience preferred, beginners welcome
AngularJS, JavaScript, HTML, Git, jQuery, CSSIn PersonPart Time11 Hours/week

Course Details

DevMountain has partnerships with Skills FundClimbEarnestAffirm, PaveUpstart and WeFinance.

Beginner
iOS, Xcode, Objective-C, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, SwiftIn PersonFull Time40 Hours/week

Programming experience preferred, beginners welcome
AngularJS, GitIn PersonFull Time40 Hours/week

Our 6-week immersive software QA bootcamp will prepare you with the skills needed to become a competitive candidate for junior-level software QA engineer positions. Instruction consists of instructor lectures, guest lecturers, guided projects, individual projects, group projects, and real projects with corporate clients. Students will work collaboratively with the lead instructor and mentors throughout the course. Through experience in specific technologies and frameworks that are popular today, students can achieve a flexible outlook that is comfortable and eager to tackle new technologies in a fast-moving and ever-changing industry.

Beginner
Design, Product Management, User Experience DesignIn PersonFull Time40 Hours/week

If you're a designer, product person, developer, or simply interested in taking a dive into UX (user experience), this class is for you. Our "Immersive" full-time UI/UX course makes the most of class time because we focus on less theory and more hands-on practice. You're probably already doing some UX whether you know it or not and this course will help you give structure to your innate thoughts through industry know how and structured design processes. The design course at DevMountain is multi-faceted, covering all aspects of the design process from start to finish. While covering both mobile and web design principles students will practice creative discovery, ideation, critical thinking, research collection, wireframing / prototyping, basic front-end coding and more design best practices. The class will teach students to understand and meet modern web and mobile design standards in the product creation process, from first pondering user centered design and design thinking principles to testing their products on multiple devices and measuring the effectiveness of their designs. Students will also learn design principles such as grid systems, typography, color theory, branding and systems-based design, design history and research methods. By the end of the 13-week course, the new designers will graduate with a well-rounded portfolio of work that shows everything they have learned and can achieve in the workplace. This class is great for those who are interested in UX, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset. The course will prepare students to step into a variety of design roles: web designer, mobile designer, UX designer, UI designer, front-end designer, freelance designer, and more.

Dallas

211 N Ervay St, Dallas, Texas 75201

Phoenix

302 N 1st Ave. Ste. 600, Phoenix, Arizona 85003

Beginner

Please submit this review with a valid email

You must provide a valid email to submit your review. Your review will not appear on the live Course Report site until you confirm it.

Odie • Sofware Developer • Graduate
Dakota Corbin • Graphic Designer • Graduate
Nel • Graduate
Monday, Feb 15 2016

Sorry to hear about what sounds like a very underwhelming experience. I would love to hear more from you so I can better assess what went wrong in this cohort and how we can address it.

Please reach out so we can chat: cahlan@devmounta.in

2/8/2016
Mark • Jr Web Developer • Graduate
11/20/2015
Trent • Domo • Graduate

Hi Trent,

If I had a dime for every time a Junior Developer was told they "need more experience..."

It's a tough pickle. You need experience to get your first dev job, but your first dev job *is* your experience. It's probably one of the toughest hurdles to face coming out of a code bootcamp for anyone.

We've got some great job assistance resources in place. Have you utilized them? Jeff Chapman has a great program for helping people to get employed, and our 90% placement rate is a pretty good indicator that it's working.

Would love to chat and see if we can get you where you want to be. cahlan[at]devmountain.com

11/20/2015
Seth • Software Engineer • Graduate
11/17/2015
Mikkel Davis • Web Developer • Graduate
11/11/2015
Jack • looking for work • Graduate

Jack,

I'm sorry you didn't have a great experience, and I'm even more sorry that you aren't where you want to be job-wise. Please reach out to me and let's figure out how to get you on a better path. cahlan[at]devmountain.com

I realize that not finding employment can be really demotivating and hard. We've got a lot of resources in place, including a new part-time program meant for advanced graduates, that I think can help a lot. Not to mention we have a pretty large repository of resources to help you brush up your skills and get ready for employment.

Please reach out so I can help. Best of luck in the meantime.

11/11/2015
Eric Richards • Developer • Graduate
11/10/2015
Dustin Myers • Software Engineer - SendOutCards, LLC • Graduate
11/10/2015

Hi Anonymous,

I'm sorry your cohort didn't work out well for you. I'd love to chat to see how we can help. cahlan[at]devmountain.com

Our mentors, although former students, are one of the reasons we have a 90% placement. Our instructors are simply not able to keep up with the majority of student requests, and the mentors are in a great position to help, having gone through the program so recently. There are a lot of studies that reinforce this idea of peer learning, and if it didn't (normally) work so well, we wouldn't do it.

I don't see any specific examples of how you felt like our marketing was deceiving, but please let me know so I can either clarify or fix those concerns.

Finally, I'd love for you to come back, free of charge, and have another crack at it. I'm confident we can get you the resources you need to get where you want to go. Would love to talk.

11/8/2015

Anonymous,

I'm really sorry you were so disappointed. Let me see if I can address some of your concerns:

I would never advocate a learning environment where we have "lectures all day." That would be a really poor learning experience, and you wouldn't be very good at actually building anything if you simply went to lectures all day. We want to get your hands on the keyboard as much as possible.

I'm sorry your class seemed over-crowded, we usually do a really good job at keeping student help requests in check, but there are definitely times where it gets busy.

I can definitely vouch for our placement rates. At the time of this writing, of the 104 web dev immersive students that indicated they are looking for jobs within three months of graduation, 94 have been hired by tech companies. So I stand by our placement rate of 90%, and we have some great job placement people and resources in place to ensure that our students' outcomes remain very positive. Have you reached out to Jeff lately?

I'd love to chat to see if there's a way we can help you get to where you want to go. Please drop me a line at cahlan[at]devmountain.com and let's talk.

11/6/2015
Anonymous • Software Engineer • Graduate
11/6/2015
Tuesday, Jan 12 2016

I'm sorry you didn't have a great experience, Anonymous. Please reach out to me at cahlan[at]devmountain.com so we can help.

I can definitely speak to us educating beginners, because many of my favorite success stories from students come from those who had little-to-no experience when they started. Here's a recent one I received from G. Roberts:

"I'm much happier in my job, I'm in a field that I will be able to find a job where I can work from home which will be extremely valuable next year when my wife goes to grad school and I can take a larger role at home.

It's just insane thinking about the financial and personal gains that have happened since I joined Dev Mountain, before I wasn't happy in my job, I was stressed out because I knew if my employer wanted to get rid of me they could easily replace me therefore taking away my bargaining power. I was worried about finding a new job with a better employer.

Short story, best money I've ever spent, my wife and I are extremely grateful for the program that you guys have built, I seriously think about it everyday and how much it's changed my life and my family."

If you didn't get what you needed to out of your class, let me know. We have lots of resources to help you get what you need and on the path you're looking for.

Marcus Brown • iOS Developer • Graduate
Daniel Falabella • Front end developer @ Jane.com • Student
Nathan Falcone • iOS Developer • Graduate
10/19/2015
Tuesday, Jan 12 2016

Anonymous, I'm sorry your After Hours experience was not what you hoped. Please reach out to me at cahlan[at]devmountain.com so we can help. We have a lot of resources we can use to get you where you want to go, including videos, more practice projects, free courses, and the like. I'm confident we can get you on a better path.

I'm really sorry you felt cheated. We've never lied about our placement rates, although we started tracking them solely on Immersive programs because it was too murky in part-time classes. Many of those students already had jobs, and it didn't seem right grouping those into our statistics.

We do have students spend a lot of time on their own, mostly because the more time students spend with their hands on the keyboards, the better off they are. Us lecturing the whole time wouldn't get you very far.

You might be interested to know that we recently enhanced the After Hours curriculum and extended the class to 16 weeks instead of 12. You might remember, but you're always welcome back to sit in on as many classes as you want, free of charge. Otherwise, please let me know how I can help and what you're looking for. We've had enough success stories that I'm confident we can make this right and be something positive in your life.

10/15/2015
Anonymous • iOS Developer • Graduate
10/5/2015
9/23/2015

Hi Anonymous,

I'd love to see how we can help you. Please drop me a line at cahlan[at]devmountain.com

We definitely don't expect the majority of students to have jobs in a single month after the class. Getting a job is hard work, and the industry standard is typically 90 days before tracking placement statistics. However, at the time of this writing we have 94 hired students out of 104 Web Immersive students who indicated they were looking for employment. So I stand by our placement rate and our outcomes. We wouldn't be here if that weren't the case.

We definitely do not select mentors based on working on our internal tools. We try to keep mentors not just busy helping students, but busy building things so they don't grow stagnant in their skills. This is a challenge, and oftentimes the best "work" we can give them is to help us build better internal tools for students. Some of the recent tools mentors have worked on are paying large dividends for current and future classes. And we don't look at being selected as a mentor vs. not being selected as a success/failure, like you imply. There are many talented, smart students who will have great careers that we don't select for a multitude of reasons, including because their personalities don't fit well with the required attributes of a mentor (patience, empathy, good communication, etc.)

I'm sorry you felt the job assistance was poor. We have a great employment specialist, Jeff Chapman, whom I'd love for you to reach out to. He has a lot of tools and has seen a lot of students get jobs, so he knows what it takes. He's a large reason why so many of our students have jobs. Jeff is unaware of anyone he hasn't contacted, so please try again to contact Jeff (jeff[at]devmountain.com) so we can get you the help you need. Both Jeff and I have tried reaching out to you via email via the address you provided. Please reply back and let us know how we can help.

Finally, we definitely rely a lot on the individuals' own "personal study and perseverance." It's a hard program. We expect a lot out of students. We can only take students as far as they're willing to go. The students who work insanely hard, stay positive, and communicate with us are the ones who are the most successful. We've seen it time and time again.

Again, I think there are lots of ways we can help. Please drop me a line and let's talk.

Our latest on DevMountain