devmountain-logo

DevMountain

Dallas, Lehi, Online, Phoenix, Provo, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City

DevMountain

DevMountain is a technology school that offers full-time and part-time programs at campuses in Lehi, Dallas, and Phoenix. The immersive courses include iOS Development, Software QA, User Experience Design, and Web Development. The Web track covers front-end and back-end JavaScript (HTML/CSS, jQuery, AngularJS, Node.js, Express, data sources like SQL, Mongo, Firebase). The iOS track covers mobile development in Swift. The UI/UX course covers prototyping, visual/motion design, sketch, adobe suite, UX research, wireframing, and analytical tools. DevMountain instructors are all coding industry professionals and aim to bring real-world applications into the classroom. The immersive courses require 40 to 60 hours of pre-course work, 40 hours of class per week, and 10 to 20 hours of work outside of the classroom. The part-time programs require 30 to 40 hours of pre-course work, 11 hours of class per week, and 10 to 20 hours of work outside of the classroom. The school was started in 2013 in Provo, Utah.

The first step to applying for DevMountain bootcamp is to check out the courses and start dates. Once the student has picked a course, they must submit an online application. Next, students speak with a member of the admissions team by phone to further discuss the program. After the phone call, students must complete a challenge to test their knowledge of the course subject matter. Finally, the admissions team will notify students if they qualify for acceptance. DevMountain recommends that students have some exposure to coding before applying.

The goal of the courses at DevMountain it to prepare students to successfully enter these computer focused fields. DevMountain holds events such as a Meet & Hire Employer Lunch and a demo day to help students network and find a job.

DevMountain provides student housing included in the tuition. The furnished apartments are walking distance to the campus. DevMountain education can be financed through a loan and they also provide some educational scholarships.

Recent DevMountain Reviews: Rating 4.65

all (249) reviews for DevMountain →

Recent DevMountain News

Read all (28) articles about DevMountain →
  • iOS Development Immersive

Xcode, Objective-C, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, iOS, Swift
    Lehi
    Want to build iOS (iPhone/iPad) apps? There is no better place to learn. You'll start building apps on Day 1 of the class, and by the end you'll have at least one app in the App Store (possibly even making you money). Classes are rigorous, and previous programming experience is definitely preferred, but if you're up to the challenge, you can become a great iOS developer with a start in this course.
    DevMountain has partnerships with Climb and SkillsFund.
    Programming experience preferred, beginners welcome
    Once accepted, students must complete pre-course work before first day of class.
  • Software QA Testing Immersive

AngularJS, Git
    In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week
    Lehi
    Our 6-week immersive software QA bootcamp will prepare you with the skills needed to become a competitive candidate for junior-level software QA engineer positions. Instruction consists of instructor lectures, guest lecturers, guided projects, individual projects, group projects, and real projects with corporate clients. Students will work collaboratively with the lead instructor and mentors throughout the course. Through experience in specific technologies and frameworks that are popular today, students can achieve a flexible outlook that is comfortable and eager to tackle new technologies in a fast-moving and ever-changing industry.
  • UI/UX Design After Hours

Design, User Experience Design
    Lehi
    Our "After Hours" course is a great way to dive into UX without having to quit your job or school. It's still extremely intense, but allows for a more flexible format. Classes are held nights and weekends. This class is great for those who are interested in UX, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset.
  • UX Design Immersive

Design, Product Management, User Experience Design
    In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week
    Lehi
    If you're a designer, product person, developer, or simply interested in taking a dive into UX (user experience), this class is for you. Our "Immersive" full-time UI/UX course makes the most of class time because we focus on less theory and more hands-on practice. You're probably already doing some UX whether you know it or not and this course will help you give structure to your innate thoughts through industry know how and structured design processes. The design course at DevMountain is multi-faceted, covering all aspects of the design process from start to finish. While covering both mobile and web design principles students will practice creative discovery, ideation, critical thinking, research collection, wireframing / prototyping, basic front-end coding and more design best practices. The class will teach students to understand and meet modern web and mobile design standards in the product creation process, from first pondering user centered design and design thinking principles to testing their products on multiple devices and measuring the effectiveness of their designs. Students will also learn design principles such as grid systems, typography, color theory, branding and systems-based design, design history and research methods. By the end of the 13-week course, the new designers will graduate with a well-rounded portfolio of work that shows everything they have learned and can achieve in the workplace. This class is great for those who are interested in UX, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset. The course will prepare students to step into a variety of design roles: web designer, mobile designer, UX designer, UI designer, front-end designer, freelance designer, and more.
  • Web Development After Hours

AngularJS, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS
    Lehi
    Our "After Hours" course is a great way to dive into code without having to quit your job or school. It's still extremely intense, but allows for a more flexible format. Classes are held nights and weekends. This class is great for those who are interested in coding, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset.
  • Web Development Immersive

MySQL, AngularJS, HTML, jQuery, Mobile, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    Rolling Start Date
    Online, Lehi, Dallas, Phoenix
    The full-time class is the best immersive coding experience you can find. It's a world-class coding education. It's also a grind--8 or 10 or 12 hour days of instruction, 1:1 mentoring, and work. You'll live, eat, sleep, and breathe code for 12 weeks. And when you're done, you'll be a different person. This class is great for those who are serious about learning to code. If you want to code as a career, this is the place to do it. There's no better place in the country for this price to get nearly two years worth of world-class education.

• Shea Close • Student

Attending DevMountain, I had pretty much zero coding experience. I had played around with some HTML and CSS in my younger days, but had never written a line of JavaScript code. I am, by my nature, a skeptical person, and the idea of 13 weeks being enough time to prepare me for a career in tech was difficult to believe. Thankfully, I had friends who have done it, and encouraged me to try. I'm glad I did.

I constantly see people, when talking about their code-camp experience, say things along the lines of "you get out of it, what you put in". If it is a cliché, it is so for a reason. I am as good an example of that as any. I completed DevMountain 17 weeks after I wrote my first line of code, and had a job in less than 3 weeks after that. I had no experience and no proficiency beforehand. All I had was a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, and put I in the work. DevMountain provided the guidance and curriculum to take me the rest of the way.

Along those lines, my only advice to anyone looking to attend DevMountain, is be prepared to WORK. It's called a boot-camp for a reason. DevMountain is intense, but it has to be. There is just so much to learn, but if you are willing to work your butt off, you CAN do it. It's the best decision I've ever made, and I would (and have) recommended it to anyone looking to get a start in the tech industry.

• Aaron M. • Graduate

I was looking for a place to learn the skills I'd need to start a new career. I didn't want to just dabble in learing iOS development. What attracted me to Devmountain was the hands on/action oriented curriculum. Starting with the pre-course materials and from day 1 of class, we started building apps. They have a great mixture of "theory" and application. I was also excited to learn that I'd be shipping 2 apps to the app store during the program. It is a very fast paced program with a lot of material to cover so it takes a lot of focus and hard work. Overall a great experience!

• Amazing Course.
    - 2/4/2017
    Cody B. • Graduate

DevMountain was exactly what I needed. The part time class is very obviously less time than the full time class. The full time students I talked to on campus were there all day every day putting in a mountain of hours. I wish I could of done that, but I can't leave my current job right now to enroll in a full-time class. But the part time class is less than half the price as well so I think a part time student's time with mentors and teachers correlate exactly with the pricing. The time I did have in class with teachers and mentors is great, and they do a good job of explaining concepts clearly. They have a lot of great information and they really know their stuff. I would have liked to see more structure to what is taught through the videos. For those that don't know, alot of concepts are taught previous to class through videos, and then it is taught and worked on in class. I didn't feel like there was a lot of time preparing and thinking about exactly how to teach through the videos. But I heard they are redoing the videos right now because of many students leaving feedback on the videos. But I really appreciated that the mentors and teachers knew their stuff and are very willing to help in class. Thanks to DevMountain, I am taking on contracted work while still at my previous job (at a startup). I help business development at my company but put in 20+ hours into development through my contracted work every week. My plan is to eventually transition into development as a career or at my own startup one day. My experience was definitely positive.

• Great school!
    - 2/2/2017
    Mitch • Graduate

This was a great school. It was challenging but very rewarding!

• Dope Experience
    - 1/3/2017
    Tyler R. • Front-end/UX Developer • Graduate

I came into DevMountain having only minimal coding experience (one college intro course in C#). I didn't know entirely what to expect. However, they were very upfront about what your experience would be like, and how it would be tough. The instructors and instruction is rock-solid, and having the help of mentors is unbelievably useful. The one ding I have is that some of the mini-projects you work on need to be updated/revamped as some of them are very unclear. Other than that, you gain a ton of knowledge and have the opportunity to build a few projects of your choosing to implement the skills you picked up.

At the end, you have a week of instruction and portfolio building designed to aid you in your efforts of finding a job as a developer. They have staff that are dedicated to helping you find work as well. Through some of their help, I was able to land a job as a front-end developer 6 weeks after completing the course.

Cheers DevMountain! Me love you long time.

• Good Program
    - 12/27/2016
    Ryan • Web Dev / QA • Graduate

I was in the after hours program this last fall. The program was great. I felt like instruction and mentoring were exactly what I needed. I had tried to learn computer programming previous to DevMountain but had failed many times. The personal guidance was invaluable.

A lot of the reviews about the after hours program on here are correct, there is not much job assistance with the after hours program. I have heard different about the full time program, they help you a ton. I was debating between the two programs. I just leveraged my mentors, instructors, and simply just worked hard to get the skills I needed.

I now have a job working at a local startup doing Front end and QA. It took me about a month of hard searching. But I definitely would not be where I am without DevMountain. So yes, I recommend DevMountain, either after hours or full time.

• Dallin Parker • Graduate

From an early age, I was fascinated by technology in particular computers. I was self-taught in my computer skills, which I would consider to be above average, but nothing special. Goofing around in high school, I didn't take my quantitative classes serious and avoided taking any class higher than the requirement. Consequently, when I got to college and had matured, I realized that I was now scared of math, which shied me away from a traditional computer science degree. In my sophomore year of college, I enrolled in an intro level course for web development, and I was hooked. I bought books, did any online coding I could find and even took the advance course for web development, but still had so many questions about the sites I was able to create in comparison to the sites I went to every day. Long story short, I knew that I wanted to become a developer and didn't want to change degrees, so I looked into a coding-boot-camps. I was skeptical and nervous because I was already taking out loans to go to college and I didn't know if this would just add to my debt and reap no reward. Despite my reluctance, I did my research, and for reasons surrounding location, price, and curriculum I decided on DevMountain. I finished their 12-week Full-time Web Development program and couldn't be happier! The pre-course work was substantial but provides a good foundation coming into your cohort. From the instructors to the mentors I found myself surrounded with an intelligence level far superior to the courses I had taken previously. I can honestly say I learned more in the first two days then I had taught myself in the past year and a half. Web development isn't a static industry where you're learning a specific skill that will be applicable forever; you're learning foundational knowledge about popular programming languages, which will transcend in one's ability to learn anything. It was a breath of fresh air to be in an environment, where learning was as encouraged as being uncomfortable. Questions were welcomed, ideas were nurtured, and mistakes were the best way to find a solution. If you're looking for a way into the industry, look no further than DevMountain.

If you have specific questions or concerns feel free to contact me through email (dallin.r.parker@gmail.com) or LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/dallinparker)

• Great iOS training!
    - 12/12/2016
    Jeff Norton • Graduate

I attended the iOS7 full-time cohort in mid 2016.  There was a ton of material, but the way they orgranized the curriculum really helped me understand most of it.  The pre-course really prepared me well for the regular courses and the asynchronous learning model was incredibly helpful.  I would, and do, highly recommend this school, faculty, and curriculum.  I'm extremely glad that I made the choice to attend.

• Patrick • iOS Intern • Graduate

I loved my time spent in the iOS Immersive program in SLC. The curriculum gets you very comfortable with Apple Frameworks and gives you the confidence to learn anything. By the time I finished, I had two apps in the App Store. DevMt also helps you get ready for the job hunt. They give you tips and tricks for your linkedIn and resume, and even have hiring events. Also they give you a good strategy for connecting companies and getting interviews. Another good thing is that it supplies you with a network of friends for you to help each other. I love the people I met through the program.

I graduated October 7, and am starting my first job tomorrow (November 29). So it took me a little less than 2 months. It is an internship that pays $20 an hour that can potentially lead to full employment and a pay increase. $20 an hour is probably a 25-30 percent increase from my other job, which is a great start. My other friend got an internship with a $50,000 salary with a very famous company.

My Advice:

• Do the precourse materials! It gives you the foundation necessary excel in the program.

• Take it seriously and don't slack. Make it your primary focus so that when you start your capstone project you are prepared with most of the knowledge ready to complete your App.

• Write down App ideas everyday so that when Capstone week arrives, you are ready to pitch your ideas to the mentors there.

• Move into the free dorms or back into your parent's house so you don't have to worry about rent money.

• Save up enough money to last you through the program and then some for when you are looking for a job. The program and the time spent finding a job was a little less than 5 months. You could use your tax return, borrow money from family, or if you are thinking about taking this program in 6-12 months, try save money every month until then.

Overall, I loved the program and the experience. I am excited to start my job tomorrow!

• Brendan • Front End Web Developer • Graduate

DevMountain for me was exactly what I was looking for. I needed to shake things up. I needed something different in my professional life because college wasn't cutting it. I needed a way to advance in my career.

I found DevMountain online and choose it because it was affordable, had amazing reviews, and because it included free housing. It was a life changing decision, and I am happy I choose DevMountain.

I came to class. Put in the work. Did everything I was asked to do. Now, I have a job that I love, make double what I used to, and I have a very clear path of advancement.

I would 100% recommend DevMountain and I am leaving this review because DevMountain deserves to know that. The people there, the program, and my new skills have changed my life.

• Brad • iOS Developer • Graduate

Before DevMountain, I had no real programming experience. I had been trying to learn on my own using online resources, but that's about it. After getting accepted to DevMountain, I worked hard to complete all of the pre-course work, and made sure that I was practicing every single day before the first day of class. It's so important to take the pre-course work seriously and come into class on the first day well prepared.

DevMountain was an amazing experience. The mentors were very knowledgeable, and they really took the time to help you and cared about your success. The curriculum is as hands-on as it gets. You get to make apps from the very first day. You make a different app almost every day, with each one more difficult than the last. I honestly can’t believe how much I learned in such a short time. By the time I finished DevMountain, I had two apps on the app store.

Having said that, the most important thing for your success and how much you get out of DevMountain is your own dedication and willingness to work hard. They call it an immersive bootcamp for a reason. There were many, many days where I was coding all day long, from 8:45am to midnight, taking only 30 min breaks for lunch and dinner. This isn’t required, as class is from 9am to 5pm, but they tell you on the first day that 9-5 isn’t enough to truly succeed and get the most from DevMountain. You have to be dedicated enough to put time in outside of class to teach yourself using the resources provided by DevMountain and to work on your own projects when it comes time for your capstone and group project. It isn’t all just hard work of course. I had SO much fun at DevMountain and made some great friendships along the way.

Just a few weeks after graduating from DevMountain I was hired as a iOS and Mac software engineering intern at an amazing and well known company here in Utah. My salary is literally double what I was making before DevMountain, and I’m only an intern! DevMountain was an incredible experience, and if you are diligent enough to live code all day every day for 3 months, it can launch you into an amazing new career.

Bottom line, it isn’t easy, but DevMountain provides you with:

• a great environment to learn
    • a solid and up-to-date curriculum
    • excellent teachers and mentors
    • a network of students, teachers, and alumni
    • lots of resources to learn on your own outside of class
    • assistance in finding a job
  • Diego Aguirre • iOS Developer • Graduate

Typical backstory to many on here who took the bootcamp to change their career. Felt I was worth more and was feeling bored/stuck at my last job after immediately hitting the glass ceiling. I didn’t enjoy my job and I wasn’t making enough to make a dent in my college loans.

Anyways fast forward after some soul searching and looking around to what I could do next I decided to look at bootcamps. I’m from Boston and got accepted to 3 bootcamps but DevMountain and the Flatiron School were the two that I had my eyes on. After giving it some thought and reaching out to alumni’s from both schools and getting their feedback I decided DevMountain was going to be the best bang for my buck. First as an out of stater housing is including with your tuition! That alone is amazing and secondly the course is a couple of thousands of dollars cheaper than it’s NY competitor.

So to the actual experience I’m not going to lie, it was really hard at times. I got halfway through the program and I’ll admit I wasn’t feeling very confident regarding my progress and it wasn’t for my lack of trying. Luckily since this school is a bootcamp and they’re constantly listening to feedback and adapting to the feedback they decided to implement rolling modules! O.K. so what are rolling modules? Well traditionally you get taught the lesson for the week (mind you there’s a lot to learn every week) and at the end of the week everyone moves on to the next week to learn the next major concept. Problem is whether you understood the concept of say week 1 or not you still went on to the second week regardless of how confident you felt you understood the concept of the week you just finished. Well with rolling modules you get tested on Friday on those concepts learned during the week and based on how well you did, recommendations from your mentors and your feeling on how well you feel you understood the concepts you either move on to the following week or you’ll repeat the completed week again to better solidify those concepts. These way of learning was so groundbreaking for me because it really helped me understand the concepts going through them a second time! It’s literally almost like being able to take the course a second time but not having to pay extra for the extra experience!

I wrapped up the course, made a good impression on my mentors and teachers and got hired as a mentor myself for the next batch of students coming in.

After my stint as a mentor which in of itself was an amazing learning opportunity I came back to Boston and within a week and a half started my new job as an iOS developer for a dev shop in the middle of the city. I literally doubled my income within a year and am now I’m constantly being emailed about new job opportunities within the area if i’m ever interested. Most importantly I love my new job and co-workers, I feel challenged at my job, I’m constantly learning new things and I finally feel like a real asset to a company…I feel respected.

Thank you for the life changing experience DevMountain, can’t wait to stop by sometime in the future to say hi and see how my favorite school is doing.

• Changed My Life
    - 11/2/2016
    Fredrick Nyambati • Software Developer • Graduate

My experience at DevMountain was very enjoyable. It was one of the most challengeing things I have ever done in my life. One thing that you must know is that you get out what you put in!! Even if you get accepted, keep coding! Finish Pre-Course work, make some projects, and keep challenging yourself. Understand that when you get to the job market, you are competing with Computer Science Grads. So the more up to speed on Day 1, the better!

When I got there I was amazed by how great the free housing was. It was literally a 1 minute walk to campus in Provo, It really adds to the immmersie environment. I had 2 roommates that were some of the coolest guys I've ever met, it was always nice to be living with people going through the same daily stess as you.

The instructors were great. During lectures, they really make sure that everyone is following him at a good pace, for those who got a bug in the middle of class, our mentors were quick to help them out and get them back up to speed. There were 5 mentors to about 29 students in my cohort. They were all very knowledgeable and approachable so there was little drop-off from the instructors. Our mentors were also former students, so they knew the struggle that we went through.

Job Assistance is the only category I did not give Five Stars. You get some mock-interviews and lessons on how to market yourself. As well the meet and hire lunch that gives you the chance to talk to employers. other than that, it was every man for himself. I would say to not just pick any job. I made the mistake of picking a very poor job for a junior dev that I quit after a month. My new job is great and I picked up Python for the job, devmountain teaches you to learn as well. So learning a language is a lot easier the second time around.

Overall I tripled my income and I am living independently, the community among alumni and current students is great. I still visit from time to time and I'm welcomed with open arms. To conclude, if you put the work in and willing to learn more before and after the camp. You will be very successful. I highly recommend DevMountain to anyone that can do those things

• NOT the slow boat!
    - 10/30/2016
    Steve McGee • Full Stack JavaScript Developer • Graduate

Kind of long but my honest thoughts…

Attempting to change my career, I was studying web development on my own every evening, and with my brother every weekend (driving 2.5 hours to do it) and it was definitely slow going. I was seriously looking for a faster way and found coding bootcamps were becoming really popular. I talked about it with my brother and he said that if he were in my shoes and had the opportunity to do it he would definitely go because what I was doing was the "slow boat to China!"

One, in particular, caught my eye. DevMountain in Provo, Utah had housing included! That was my ticket. Without the housing included I just wouldn't have been able to afford it all. Also, not only is DevMountain NOT the slow boat, it is a fast-paced, information-fire-hosed-in-the-face kind of learning that I would never have thought could teach me much. Can that kind of learning actually stick? Well, it does, but it is all up to you. Seriously. At DevMountain you learn then do, then learn more, then do more, and build on what you learned and did, and do some more... Non-stop! But that is the secret sauce. The idea of "learn a little and do something with it" really helps it stick in there somewhere.

Then there is the fact that you have a Mentor instructor there all the time. Get stuck, can't find an answer fairly quickly on Google, or elsewhere, call over your Mentor and he/she will walk you through figuring out your problem and then you're off to the races again. You definitely learn a lot here. But it also comes at a price. That price is diligence, hard work, long hours coding. I generally arrived at the school between 7:30 and 8am (turned on the lights) and didn't leave until sometime between 10 and midnight. And no, I wasn't the brightest one there just because I had a good work ethic. Everyone is different and that is just what it took for me.

There is another price... when you're done with the 12-week bootcamp you are NOT done. Nope. You need to keep building projects and don't stop until you have a full-time dev job and don't have time to do little projects. But I'll bet that if you truly love to code, you will still be building your own little projects even then. Also, don’t fool yourself into thinking that this is a magic tunnel into an awesome web dev job. It is definitely a path to that industry, but realize that it will still take time and work to get there. It took me just over 4 months to get a dev job after graduating from DevMountain. But I think I could have been ready sooner if I had diligently kept building something new all the time, which I struggled with.

So take a deep look at yourself, see if coding is truly what you want to do and if that kind of dedication is within you. Realize that a coding bootcamp is a place to launch yourself, not a place to be given anything. You will earn every bit of knowledge and skill you come out of there with.

Go forth, and build something awesome!

• Changed my life!
    - 10/18/2016
    James • Software Engineer • Graduate

After working hard applying myself in the Web Immersive course. With the assistance of the staff it only took my 3 weeks to land an amazing job with benefits. DevMountain was an amazing experience! I pushed myself and followed the advice from the Instructors and Staff.  I had no idea how prepared I actually was when I entered the job market and how prepared I was for the interview process. Companies were impressed with the projects I had completed and how quick I was able to pick up various technologies. Stay engaged, work hard and follow the advice. They won't hand you a job but will provide you with every tool you need to succeed. It honestly changed my life! So grateful!

• Grateful!
    - 10/12/2016
    Kody • Web Developer MEAN Stack • Graduate

I went to DevMountain in early 2015. Why am I leaving a review in 2016? Because it was life changing then and it continues to impact my life everyday. I have a career that I sincerely love which provides for my family. I owe it to DevMountain and future students to let everyone know how grateful I am.

What you can get at any bootcamp:

• Curriculum
    • An immersive experience
    • Teachers who can code

What you can only get at DevMountain:

• An evident affordability and value
    • Mentors and teachers who honestly care about you and your future
    • A real marketable skill set
    • A relevant and meaningful outcome
    • An introduction to a supportive tech community
    • A rigorous and conducive-to-success environment
    • Up to date and curated curriculum
    • Diligent peers
    • In-program counseling and goal setting
    • Opportunities in industry
    • Access to industry experts (outside of teachers and mentors)
    • Hands-on and thoughtful class projects
    • Beautiful and spacious facilities
    • Free housing
    • Team environment experience

Thanks DevMountain.

• Web immersive
    - 10/10/2016
    Lonnie McGill • Graduate

I really learned many concepts & new technologies that I wasn't able to do on my own. If you want to learn something quickly this is the right place. Just remember if you are someone that needs more time to learn then you have to put in extra time. It is well worth it.

• Just Do It
    - 10/3/2016
    Michael Lecke • Web Dev • Graduate

Before committing my time and money I compared all the immersive code schools in the country and found the best value to be DevMountain. I do not regret my decision one bit! Living a block away from campus was was a huge plus and I found Provo to be the perfect place to stay focused on code. I strongly recommend you do not isolate yourself from the others in your cohort. While the instructors were generally excellent, I feel the best part of my learning came from working with other students. Highly recommended.

• candice humpherys • Graduate

The DevMountain experience was great. The free housing for full-time students was definitely a big sell. Also the free breakfasts on Friday were also great. :)

It's amazing the amount of skills and knowledge that DevMountain can produce in such a short amount of time for those students who are motivated. Instructors are very knowledgable, and for the most part, also know how to teach well, which is a big thing for me as a former educator.

There were some minor bugs here and there in the curriculum, but those should be ironed out soon. And the job prep that Jeff Chapman does is awesome, but it was hard to focus on because we were trying to finish up our projects.

Overall, I am very pleased with my experience and would recommend DevMountain to anyone who is serious about wanting to learn web development.

• Michelle Tessier • iOS Engineer • Graduate

I graduated from DevMountain’s full-time iOS program in Salt Lake City about a year ago. I got an internship within a few weeks of graduating, and turned the internship into a full-time job.

In my cohort we covered a wide range of iOS topics. We did a group project in Swift and an individual project in Objective-C. The instructors were great, and very knowledgable, and would focus on helping you figure out the problems you were having. The mentors were also very helpful, and also just nice people who were fun to work with. We also received a good bit of help preparing for finding jobs.

Additionally, one of the greatest benefits of DevMountain is the network you leave with, especially if you want to stay in Utah. When the company I am working for needed another iOS intern, we went to DevMountain to hire someone, and found a great developer. The DevMountain slack channel is always there for you to ask questions on, and DevMountain graduates get together regularly to network and help each other with projects.

I highly recommend the program. I think it is a great choice for people who are self-motivated and want to learn to code in a short amount of time. If you work hard, and ask a lot of questions, it will pay off.

• Jered North • Web Developer • Graduate

DevMountain truly teaches you what you need to know to get yourself started, you may have to learn some other languages or skills depending on which side of the tech industry you are more interested in but DevMountain will give you the knowledge (and then some) to confidently take those new things in stride.

• Phillip E Puckett • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate

This course taught me how to teach myself, an invaluable gift that has helped me continually progress on my own - even long after leaving the classroom environment.

• Spencer Kekauoha • Mentor DevMountain • Graduate

Prior to attending DevMountain, I had concerns about the effectiveness of bootcamps and the prospects of finding a career upon graduation.  I was accepted into DevMountain and a Master's Program in Information Systems at the same time, but after researching DevMountain I decided to go there instead.  I couldn't be happier with my decision.

DevMountain ended up being the best educational experience I've ever had.  The course was very challenging and the outcome really depended on how much time you wanted to put in.  The curriculum was solid and makes you learn how to problem solve.

The instructors and staff at DevMountain are awesome and put all their energy into making sure each student succeeds.

Overall, DevMountain taught me how to learn on my own and gave me the skills to confidently jump into the tech industry.  I highly recommend DevMountain if you are interested in learning how to code and want to jump start a new career.

• Trevor Casey • Front End Developer • Graduate

DevMountain was the perfect environment for me to really learn Full Stack JavaScript development. Like many others I did a lot of research before choosing to go here. I looked into a few boot camps like DevPoint Labs, Hack Reactor, Tuiring School, The Iron Yard & DevMountain. But for me all things pointed back to DevMountain and the biggest deciding factor was how much effort they put into making sure that their students and graduates found jobs.

My advice is this, if you want to just learn how to code and don't need to do it in a hurry then there are plenty of great FREE resources online. However if you want if you want to jump start your career and have the confidence that it'll work out, then go to DevMountain.

They have great instructors and solid curriculum and do everything they can to help you succeed.

• Alex Trevisanut • Mentor for DevMountain • Graduate

If you're looking for a change in a different trajectory and enjoy code; DevMountain is for you. I'd only taken one CS course prior to attending here. Now I'm graduated and feel like I have all the tools I need to succeed in my career. Aside from having wonderful teachers, mentors, and resources available, one of the most valuable things DevMountain teaches you is how to learn, so that even after you leave, you can continue to grow your skillset exponentially. Before attending, I did thorough research on multiple bootcamps, and by far DevMountain was the best. 10/10 would recommend to anyone looking for a way to kickstart their career in Web Development or make a career change.