devmountain-logo

Devmountain

Dallas, Lehi, Online

Devmountain

Devmountain is a technology school that offers full-time and part-time programs at campuses in Lehi, Dallas, and Phoenix. The immersive courses include iOS Development, Software QA, User Experience Design, and Web Development. The Web track covers front-end and back-end JavaScript (HTML/CSS, jQuery, AngularJS, Node.js, Express, data sources like SQL, Mongo, Firebase). The iOS track covers mobile development in Swift. The UI/UX course covers prototyping, visual/motion design, sketch, adobe suite, UX research, wireframing, and analytical tools. Devmountain instructors are all coding industry professionals and aim to bring real-world applications into the classroom. The immersive courses require 40 to 60 hours of pre-course work, 40 hours of class per week, and 10 to 20 hours of work outside of the classroom. The part-time programs require 30 to 40 hours of pre-course work, 11 hours of class per week, and 10 to 20 hours of work outside of the classroom. The school was started in 2013 in Provo, Utah.

The first step to applying for Devmountain bootcamp is to check out the courses and start dates. Once the student has picked a course, they must submit an online application. Next, students speak with a member of the admissions team by phone to further discuss the program. After the phone call, students must complete a challenge to test their knowledge of the course subject matter. Finally, the admissions team will notify students if they qualify for acceptance. Devmountain recommends that students have some exposure to coding before applying.

Recent Devmountain Reviews: Rating 4.62

all (305) reviews for Devmountain →

Recent Devmountain News

Read all (36) articles about Devmountain →
  • iOS Development Full-Time

LocationLehi, Online
    Want to build iOS (iPhone/iPad) apps? There is no better place to learn. You'll start building apps on Day 1 of the class, and by the end you'll have at least one app in the App Store (possibly even making you money). Classes are rigorous, and previous programming experience is definitely preferred, but if you're up to the challenge, you can become a great iOS developer with a start in this course.
    Minimum Skill LevelProgramming experience preferred, beginners welcome
    Prep WorkOnce accepted, students must complete pre-course work before first day of class.
  • Software QA Testing Full-Time

AngularJS, Git, Quality Assurance Testing
    OnlineFull Time40 Hours/week
    LocationLehi, Online
    Our 6-week immersive software QA bootcamp will prepare you with the skills needed to become a competitive candidate for junior-level software QA engineer positions. Instruction consists of instructor lectures, guest lecturers, guided projects, individual projects, group projects, and real projects with corporate clients. Students will work collaboratively with the lead instructor and mentors throughout the course. Through experience in specific technologies and frameworks that are popular today, students can achieve a flexible outlook that is comfortable and eager to tackle new technologies in a fast-moving and ever-changing industry.
  • Software Testing QA Part-Time

OnlinePart Time
    LocationLehi, Online
    Our software QA bootcamp will prepare you with the skills needed to become a competitive candidate for junior-level software QA engineer positions. Instruction consists of instructor lectures, guest lecturers, guided projects, individual projects, group projects, and real projects with corporate clients. Students will work collaboratively with the lead instructor and mentors throughout the course. Through experience in specific technologies and frameworks that are popular today, students can achieve a flexible outlook that is comfortable and eager to tackle new technologies in a fast-moving and ever-changing industry.
  • UI/UX Design After Hours

LocationLehi, Online
    Our "After Hours" course is a great way to dive into UX without having to quit your job or school. It's still extremely intense, but allows for a more flexible format. Classes are held nights and weekends. This class is great for those who are interested in UX, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset.
  • UX Design Full-Time

Design, Product Management, User Experience Design
    OnlineFull Time40 Hours/week
    LocationLehi, Online
    If you're a designer, product person, developer, or simply interested in taking a dive into UX (user experience), this class is for you. Our "Immersive" full-time UI/UX course makes the most of class time because we focus on less theory and more hands-on practice. You're probably already doing some UX whether you know it or not and this course will help you give structure to your innate thoughts through industry know how and structured design processes. The design course at DevMountain is multi-faceted, covering all aspects of the design process from start to finish. While covering both mobile and web design principles students will practice creative discovery, ideation, critical thinking, research collection, wireframing / prototyping, basic front-end coding and more design best practices. The class will teach students to understand and meet modern web and mobile design standards in the product creation process, from first pondering user centered design and design thinking principles to testing their products on multiple devices and measuring the effectiveness of their designs. Students will also learn design principles such as grid systems, typography, color theory, branding and systems-based design, design history and research methods. By the end of the 13-week course, the new designers will graduate with a well-rounded portfolio of work that shows everything they have learned and can achieve in the workplace. This class is great for those who are interested in UX, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset. The course will prepare students to step into a variety of design roles: web designer, mobile designer, UX designer, UI designer, front-end designer, freelance designer, and more.
    Prep WorkYes.
  • Web Development After Hours

LocationLehi, Online
    Our "After Hours" course is a great way to dive into code without having to quit your job or school. It's still extremely intense, but allows for a more flexible format. Classes are held nights and weekends. This class is great for those who are interested in coding, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset.
  • Web Development Full-Time

LocationLehi, Dallas, Online
    The full-time class is the best immersive coding experience you can find. It's a world-class coding education. It's also a grind--8 or 10 or 12 hour days of instruction, 1:1 mentoring, and work. You'll live, eat, sleep, and breathe code for 12 weeks. And when you're done, you'll be a different person. This class is great for those who are serious about learning to code. If you want to code as a career, this is the place to do it. There's no better place in the country for this price to get nearly two years worth of world-class education.
  • spencer  User Photo
    spencer • Self-Employed • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I attended an after hours web development in Salt Lake City, Ut. I finished the course 6 months ago.

The most concise I can be:

I was self-taught for 3 months before attending the bootcamp (about 20 hours/week.

I worked part-time during the bootcamp putting in about 30 hours/week.

You will learn how to put together web apps, and you will learn the basics of coding. The knowledge is presented well, with lots of practice. I woud've prefered to learn react instead of angularJS, but even with that small criticism the overall 'how-to' knowledge I gained prepared me to continue teaching myself (learning from others), which is what programming and gaining expertise are all about

I reached a competent and comfortable skill level at around 1200 hours of total programming exposure (about 1 year of programming 5 days a week for 20 hours/week). I've learned the most working on larger apps that involve putting many pieces of web-app architecture together (front-end frameworks, backend, hosting, database, testing, error handling... etc).

Attending Dev Mountain's bootcamp accelerated my learning. It was worth the 5k I paid. programming requires hard work and constant exposure and can be done by most anyone (or such is my opinion).

Job assistance has more to do with the quality of work you can show and after hours students must meet certain requirements to obtain some of the same perks as their full time counterparts.

• J. Poemape  User Photo
    J. Poemape • Front-End Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I would highly recommend attending the Web Dev immersive program to kickstart a new career. I had a bachelor's degree in Spanish when I applied to DevMountain, and I had very little coding experience. Now I have a full time job making 3-4 times more than I was before.

The first 6 weeks are very fast-paced and require dedication and scrifice to study and prepare for class. However, the second 6 weeks are possibly even more important than the first. This is when the information and concepts really got cemented into my brain.

If you decide to attend, push yourself. Don't take the easy road for the projects, or you will regret it.

• Russ  User Photo
    Russ • QA Engineer (former) • Student Verified via LinkedIn

DevMountain, as a "technical" bootcamp, is the only bootcamp I've attended but its worked well for me thus far.  Four years worth of college feels like a heavy financial burden for such an expensive "receipt" as I like to call it.  Although most coding/technical bootcamps are not "cheap", I would say that my experience with DevMountain far surpasses any I've had with two or four year universities.

My situation was unique in that I started in the Web Development, but didn't have the enjoyable experience I was hoping for.  It just didn't feel right, even though I was learning a lot.  I eventually asked if I could switch from Web Development to the UX/UI program, and I was SO glad I did.  I absolutely LOVE the content, and the lead instructor for UX/UI (Brandon) is an amazing guy!  He is well versed in the field, and has a deep knowledge and passion for teaching the next generation of UX/UI designers.  The curriculum is solid, and I've learned a lot, but my only complaint (a small preference more than anything) is that some of the tools they use to organize the curriculum feels a little "loose", and unstructured.  For me (not the most naturally organized person), I need more structure on dates/times/due dates, and that for the most part, has gotten me lost on more than one occasion. That aside, I figured out how to work with my weakness and be proactive in making sure I was on top of my own education.

As an additional note, after switching to UX/UI, I became quite ill.  I found out that I had a chronic illness that was the cause of a litany of health problems, and I deferred.  The Student Relations counselors, and the Lead Instructor were very understanding, and allowed me to focus on getting better before I came back.  Now I'm back and I'm grateful for their patience, and DevMountain's ability to have that kind of flexibility.  I consider myself lucky to have gone to DevMountain and dealt with so many caring and professional people.  They have a no-nonsense policy on missing class, but they're still providing me the flexibility I need to finish out my treatments, and still continue to learn and grow from their incredible curriculum.

Many thanks to everyone I've worked with at DevMountain.  I couldn't be more proud to become an Alumni of such an awesome Bootcamp, and professionals that care about my educational pursuits!

• Brennon Schow  User Photo
    Brennon Schow • Mentor • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I'm a completely new person because of DevMountain -- in almost every aspect of my life. DevMountain reinforced the idea that not every company is out to just make money, not every employer is looking for a mindless puppet. Tech is exciting! DevMountain does a really good job of sharing in that excitement, and introducing newbies to it. 10/10 would definitely recommend.

• Life changing
    - 9/14/2017
    Jessica Mitchell  User Photo
    Jessica Mitchell • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

DevMountain was an amazing experience for me, I was looking for a career/life change and it gave me everything I needed to be a successful Web/Software developer. The key was I learned how to learn quickly, but more specifically how I learned personally. My instructor was patient and understanding, as were the mentors; which is great because not only did they complete the bootcamp beforehand, they were also chosen because of their ability to sympathized and understand the struggles that you are going through as a student. The faculty is supportive and will do everything in its power to make sure you are a success, not just in bootcamp, but when you get out into the real world trying to find a job. It's a fantastic community of students and alumni.

DevMountain also makes the process of immersing yourself in the program very seamless, if you are out of state or live far away, housing is provided, which reduces stress on you while you are in the program; money wise. I came in with very little knowledge of the tech field and now I actually work in it as a Software Developer. If you do the work, the assignments, are willing to be frustrated, willing to struggle, willing to do things over and over again and still get them wrong, willing to work with and support your peers, do the entire process all over again, and realize that you will always be learning; you will succeed at DevMountain. I'm where I am in my career because I decided that I was going to work hard and because DevMountain was there to help me every step of the way to get to my end goal. DevMountain's bootcamp experience is all about your drive and what you put in it, nothing is handed to you, and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

• Lloyd Grubham  User Photo
    Lloyd Grubham • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

The Fulltime web development course at DevMountain is a great spring board into the web development industry. It sometimes feels like you are drinking out of a fire hose, but the information is well presented and reinforeced. For every topic covered in lecture, there is ample time to cover and practice it so the infromation and skills stay.

DevMountain is also always updating their curriculum to meet the job market demands.

Also, in the case that the content of the course becomes overwhelming, there are several options for studying at your own pace and/or starting over at no extra tuition.

• Graduate
    - 8/29/2017
    Ian Schoen  User Photo
    Ian Schoen • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

DevMountain was, by far, the best educational experience I have ever had.  For two years I pursued a Computer Science degree which naturally involved quite a bit of programming.  I loved programming, but nothing that I was learning was applicable in the workforce and I soon realized that I would be in school for another 2 years before I could make anything of it!  I decided to look into bootcamps and shortly thereafter found out about DevMountain.  I considered other schools, but the amazing reviews and the affordability of DevMountain towered above all the others.

I learned more during my time at DevMountain than I did in two years of college.  Heck, I would even say that DevMountain completely changed my life.  I am forever grateful to all the instructors, my mentors, and my classmates.

If you love to code and want to make something out of it, DevMountain is the place for you.

• Micah Bunting  User Photo
    Micah Bunting • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I took the iOS development course at DevMoutain. I learned alot and I have seen others learn as well. The mentors are great and helpfull.

Some of the reasons I wanted to take the class was to have uninterupted time to develop my skills without being iterupted by other priorities. I also wanted the mentorship to help direct me in what I needed to learn. Like most things, you get what you put into it. I definatly took advantage of the time here. Several nights I put in 15 hr days and I feel that I was productive and able to improve my skills.

If you are thinking about starting, I would recommend it. I would also recomment learning the basics of swift before you sign up for the class. There is a lot to learn the first week, but If you know the basics of swift, it will be easier to grasp.

• Zachary Springer  User Photo
    Zachary Springer • DevMountain Mentor • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

DevMountain truly changed my life. Going in I was unsure about what I really wanted to do with my life and felt that I was wandering with no real purpose. While I was there, I learned to work and study hard and I learned to love the process. I'm indebted to DevMountain because I feel that I've truly found my calling and I want to give back in the ways that my mentors did.

• Great experience
    - 7/28/2017
    Daniel S  User Photo
    Daniel S • Student Verified via LinkedIn
    I loved my time at devmountain. Although instructor skills can vary, overall they were really great and the coursework taught me a ton. I found employment a week after graduation, and my life has changed increasingly for the better. A word of advice I'd give to people interested: you need to put in the time before you step foot into class. I probably studied for at least 100 hours going into the course, and I already had exposure to coding before. Once you have the way of thinking down, learning is easy and that's how you'll get the most mileage out of this course.
  • My Results
    - 7/12/2017
    Tim Mitchell  User Photo
    Tim Mitchell • Web Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

My previous review focused on my advice on how to succeed with DevMtn, this review is to share the results. A little over a month after graduation I now have full time web dev job at a great company. I had two other offers of employment besides. So there's a data point for you.

As with all things DevMtn, they give you the tools and support to succeed, and you must employ them tenatiously. The job question is no different.

I believe this review will link to my LinkedIn, please don't hesitate to message me about anything you think I can help you with. At your service.

- 7/9/2017
    Alex Mortensen  User Photo
    Alex Mortensen • Front End Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

DevMountain was awesome. I've never had so much information pumped into my head in such a short amount of time. They have a different method of teaching than colleges that I really like. They pretty much just give you all the tools and resources you need to succeed then the rest is up to you. If you put a lot into it and work hard you will learn a lot and get a lot out of it. If you don't put a lot into it you won't get a lot of of it. The free housing was great for student housing standards. I had 3 job offers a month after I graduated. Two of them I got though Devmountain referrals. Devmountain gives you the perfect environment to become a successful web developer.