devmountain-logo

Devmountain

Dallas, Lehi, Online

Devmountain

Devmountain is a technology school that offers full-time and part-time programs at campuses in Lehi, Dallas, and Phoenix. The immersive courses include Web Development, Java Software Engineering, Python Software Engineering, Data Analytics, Software Quality Assurance (QA), iOS App Development, and User Experience (UX) Design. The Web track covers front-end and back-end JavaScript (HTML/CSS, jQuery, AngularJS, Node.js, Express, data sources like SQL, Mongo, Firebase). The iOS track covers mobile development in Swift. The UI/UX course covers prototyping, visual/motion design, sketch, adobe suite, UX research, wireframing, and analytical tools. Devmountain instructors are all coding industry professionals and aim to bring real-world applications into the classroom. The immersive courses require 40 to 60 hours of pre-course work, 40 hours of class per week, and 10 to 20 hours of work outside of the classroom. The part-time programs require 30 to 40 hours of pre-course work, 11 hours of class per week, and 10 to 20 hours of work outside of the classroom. The school was started in 2013 in Provo, Utah.

The first step to applying for Devmountain bootcamp is to check out the courses and start dates. Once the student has picked a course, they must submit an online application. Next, students speak with a member of the admissions team by phone to further discuss the program. After the phone call, students must complete a challenge to test their knowledge of the course subject matter. Finally, the admissions team will notify students if they qualify for acceptance. Devmountain recommends that students have some exposure to coding before applying.

Recent Devmountain Reviews: Rating 4.6

all (320) reviews for Devmountain →

Recent Devmountain News

Read all (48) articles about Devmountain →
  • Coding Basics

JavaScript, HTML, CSS
    Start Date April 19, 2021
    Learn the fundamental building blocks of web development: HTML, CSS, and JavaScript by creating your own website.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo Coding Experience
    Prep WorkNone
    April 19, 2021 - Online Apply by April 16, 2021
  • Data Analytics

Learn how to collect and use data to tell stories in clear and meaningful ways for personal, professional, and business goals.
  • iOS Development Full-Time

LocationOnline, Lehi
    Want to build iOS (iPhone/iPad) apps? There is no better place to learn. You'll start building apps on Day 1 of the class, and by the end you'll have at least one app in the App Store (possibly even making you money). Classes are rigorous, and previous programming experience is definitely preferred, but if you're up to the challenge, you can become a great iOS developer with a start in this course.
    Minimum Skill LevelProgramming experience preferred, beginners welcome
    Prep WorkOnce accepted, students must complete pre-course work before first day of class.
  • Java Software Engineering

Algorithms, CSS, Git, GitHub, HTML, Java, JavaScript, SQL
    The 16-week Java Software Engineering course is designed to teach you how to use the programming language Java as well as other languages to become a software engineer.
  • Python Software Engineering

SQL, Python, JavaScript, HTML, GitHub, Git, CSS, Algorithms
    The 16-week Software Engineering Python course is designed to teach you how to use the programming language Python as well as other languages to become a software engineer.
  • Software QA Testing Full-Time

Quality Assurance Testing, AngularJS, Git
    OnlineFull Time40 Hours/week
    LocationOnline, Lehi
    Our 6-week immersive software QA bootcamp will prepare you with the skills needed to become a competitive candidate for junior-level software QA engineer positions. Instruction consists of instructor lectures, guest lecturers, guided projects, individual projects, group projects, and real projects with corporate clients. Students will work collaboratively with the lead instructor and mentors throughout the course. Through experience in specific technologies and frameworks that are popular today, students can achieve a flexible outlook that is comfortable and eager to tackle new technologies in a fast-moving and ever-changing industry.
  • Software Testing QA Part-Time

OnlinePart Time
    LocationOnline, Lehi
    Our software QA bootcamp will prepare you with the skills needed to become a competitive candidate for junior-level software QA engineer positions. Instruction consists of instructor lectures, guest lecturers, guided projects, individual projects, group projects, and real projects with corporate clients. Students will work collaboratively with the lead instructor and mentors throughout the course. Through experience in specific technologies and frameworks that are popular today, students can achieve a flexible outlook that is comfortable and eager to tackle new technologies in a fast-moving and ever-changing industry.
  • UI/UX Design After Hours

LocationOnline, Lehi
    Our "After Hours" course is a great way to dive into UX without having to quit your job or school. It's still extremely intense, but allows for a more flexible format. Classes are held nights and weekends. This class is great for those who are interested in UX, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset.
  • UX Design Full-Time

Design, Product Management, User Experience Design
    OnlineFull Time40 Hours/week
    LocationOnline, Lehi
    If you're a designer, product person, developer, or simply interested in taking a dive into UX (user experience), this class is for you. Our "Immersive" full-time UI/UX course makes the most of class time because we focus on less theory and more hands-on practice. You're probably already doing some UX whether you know it or not and this course will help you give structure to your innate thoughts through industry know how and structured design processes. The design course at DevMountain is multi-faceted, covering all aspects of the design process from start to finish. While covering both mobile and web design principles students will practice creative discovery, ideation, critical thinking, research collection, wireframing / prototyping, basic front-end coding and more design best practices. The class will teach students to understand and meet modern web and mobile design standards in the product creation process, from first pondering user centered design and design thinking principles to testing their products on multiple devices and measuring the effectiveness of their designs. Students will also learn design principles such as grid systems, typography, color theory, branding and systems-based design, design history and research methods. By the end of the 13-week course, the new designers will graduate with a well-rounded portfolio of work that shows everything they have learned and can achieve in the workplace. This class is great for those who are interested in UX, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset. The course will prepare students to step into a variety of design roles: web designer, mobile designer, UX designer, UI designer, front-end designer, freelance designer, and more.
    Prep WorkYes.
  • Web Development After Hours

LocationOnline, Lehi
    Our "After Hours" course is a great way to dive into code without having to quit your job or school. It's still extremely intense, but allows for a more flexible format. Classes are held nights and weekends. This class is great for those who are interested in coding, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset.
  • Web Development Full-Time

LocationOnline, Lehi, Dallas
    The full-time class is the best immersive coding experience you can find. It's a world-class coding education. It's also a grind--8 or 10 or 12 hour days of instruction, 1:1 mentoring, and work. You'll live, eat, sleep, and breathe code for 12 weeks. And when you're done, you'll be a different person. This class is great for those who are serious about learning to code. If you want to code as a career, this is the place to do it. There's no better place in the country for this price to get nearly two years worth of world-class education.
    Devmountain has partnerships with SkillsFund and Climb Credit

I Also agree that DevMountain is a great school, and the staff are really great people that want you to succeed. It is a cool experience, the environement is very chill and I did learn a ton.

The only bad thing about DevMountain is the lack of help in finding a job after you finish the bootcamp. It is really hard to get into the job market and start your carrer. I believe the school should help to assist us with employment or find other ways to help get us experience in the industry, especially after the cost of the school.

There are other bootcamps that offer, for example, get hired or receive a full tuition refund. With DevMountain you are on your own.

I tryed asking for help for opportunities but hardly recieved any help. It's been a year now and I'm still trying to find a job.

• Anonymous • Game Developer • Graduate

I just want to leave a note because there are a ton of reivews for DevMountain on here. It can be hard to sift through.

I attended DevMountain and graduated from their immersive web development course.

DevMountain is a great school, and their staff are actually really great people, and you can really learn when you try. Everything said in these reviews can sometime seem like it is too good to be true, but honestly a lot of it is true. It is a phenomenal experience, environemtn and I learned a ton.

The only critiscism I have of the bootcamp is their job assistance. It is almost non-existent. They really don't make a ton of connections for you. I had a really hard time getting into the job market and making a name for myself. The job curriculum there is not the best. I as the student, I am in charge of my education and controlling how well and how much I learn. But I feel like it is the bootcamp's job to assist us in employment because we, the students, have no connections to the idustry.

Just know that landing a job after a bootcamp is going to take time and a lot of effort.

I am know employeed at my dream job, at a gaming company but it took me about 6 months to land some where.

I don't think that is enough to deter you from DevMountain because learning at DevMountain is superb, but it is enough to heed a warning.

I took DevMountain's part-time web development class. It was a great school, class, and learning environment but I want to learn more.

For me, I don't think the part-time class was enough. I wish I would have taken the full-time class. I just don't have the time to be able to drop everything I am doing and dedicate full-time to learning code.

I think I just went into the part-time bootcamp thinking things would be easy because part-time = less time, which means less work. I think myself, along with many other students, came into the class expecting it to be a fruitful endeavor while also being a breeze. On about week 1 or 2, myself and my classmates realized that was not the case. The bootcamp was a kick in the pants.

I would only recommend taking DevMountain if you are 100% serious about learning these difficult skills. It really showed me what it truly takes to become a developer. Students at DevMountain needs to be dedicated.

The part-time class was perfect for me because I was still attending a local university. Attending DevMountain in the evenings was ideal for my schedule. But I do wish I could of dedicated even more time to learning.

The curriculum was seriously challenging. We all buckled down and put ourselves to work. Our mentors and instructors were super helpful in the whole process and now that the class is over I feel really comfortable with my skills.

My goal was met in taking DevMountain, I just wish I had time to take the full-time class.

• Anonymous • Web-developer • Graduate

My time at DevMountain was a great experence for learning new skills and learning HOW to learn.  They really care about your success and provide you with as much help as they can to help you feel comfortable with your progress.  They allowed me to repeat some of the class to further understand the concepts (At no extra cost) in order to help me succeed.

• iOS Developer
    - 7/21/2016
    Anonymous • iOS Intern • Graduate

I loved my experience at DevMountain. I had zero coding or programming experience and after three months I had two applicaitons in the app store. I learned so much and it was a great jumpstart into my career. My only regret is that I didn't hear about it sooner!

• Great Program
    - 6/18/2016

I am a recent graduate of the program. It is a very difficult program and you learn alot during the three months you are there. You end up having lots of questions and headaches but there is some one that is always there to help you figure things out and stay motivated. It was a great program and I would recomend it to anyone that is willing to put in the time and effort to be there and work on code.

• Anonymous • Front-End Web Developer • Graduate

I attended DevMountain with no coding experience other than their required pre course work. I was able to learn more in 3 months than I did through my entire college career. Each day, they brought in instructors from the industry to teach well planned lessons. They also have mentors that are assigned to you, that are a great help in solidifying the material covered each day. Their hands on, project based methodology works very well compared to traditional schooling. DevMountain also has many empllyees that are there just for the purpose of helping you excel through the program, as well as dedicated employer-relations personnel to assist you in finding a job after the program. I believe that DevMountain is the best option out there if you want to learn how to code.

• Great Bootcamp
    - 8/30/2018
    Blair Bryant • Graduate

I really enjoyed my time at DevMountain. The instructors had a deep understanding of what they were teaching, and were great at explaining concepts differently to students who needed more explanation. The curriculum prepared me for the job I currently have really well.