devmountain-logo

Devmountain

Atlanta, Dallas, Lehi, Online, Phoenix, Provo, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City

Devmountain

Devmountain is a technology school that offers full-time and part-time programs at campuses in Lehi, Dallas, and Phoenix. The immersive courses include iOS Development, Software QA, User Experience Design, and Web Development. The Web track covers front-end and back-end JavaScript (HTML/CSS, jQuery, AngularJS, Node.js, Express, data sources like SQL, Mongo, Firebase). The iOS track covers mobile development in Swift. The UI/UX course covers prototyping, visual/motion design, sketch, adobe suite, UX research, wireframing, and analytical tools. Devmountain instructors are all coding industry professionals and aim to bring real-world applications into the classroom. The immersive courses require 40 to 60 hours of pre-course work, 40 hours of class per week, and 10 to 20 hours of work outside of the classroom. The part-time programs require 30 to 40 hours of pre-course work, 11 hours of class per week, and 10 to 20 hours of work outside of the classroom. The school was started in 2013 in Provo, Utah.

The first step to applying for Devmountain bootcamp is to check out the courses and start dates. Once the student has picked a course, they must submit an online application. Next, students speak with a member of the admissions team by phone to further discuss the program. After the phone call, students must complete a challenge to test their knowledge of the course subject matter. Finally, the admissions team will notify students if they qualify for acceptance. Devmountain recommends that students have some exposure to coding before applying.

Recent Devmountain Reviews: Rating 4.6

all (287) reviews for Devmountain →

Recent Devmountain News

Read all (35) articles about Devmountain →
  • iOS Development Immersive

Xcode, Objective-C, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, iOS, Swift
    LocationLehi
    Want to build iOS (iPhone/iPad) apps? There is no better place to learn. You'll start building apps on Day 1 of the class, and by the end you'll have at least one app in the App Store (possibly even making you money). Classes are rigorous, and previous programming experience is definitely preferred, but if you're up to the challenge, you can become a great iOS developer with a start in this course.
    Minimum Skill LevelProgramming experience preferred, beginners welcome
    Prep WorkOnce accepted, students must complete pre-course work before first day of class.
  • Software QA Testing Immersive

AngularJS, Git, Quality Assurance Testing
    In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week
    LocationLehi
    Our 6-week immersive software QA bootcamp will prepare you with the skills needed to become a competitive candidate for junior-level software QA engineer positions. Instruction consists of instructor lectures, guest lecturers, guided projects, individual projects, group projects, and real projects with corporate clients. Students will work collaboratively with the lead instructor and mentors throughout the course. Through experience in specific technologies and frameworks that are popular today, students can achieve a flexible outlook that is comfortable and eager to tackle new technologies in a fast-moving and ever-changing industry.
    Devmountain has partnerships with SkillsFund and Climb Credit
  • UI/UX Design After Hours

Design, User Experience Design
    LocationLehi
    Our "After Hours" course is a great way to dive into UX without having to quit your job or school. It's still extremely intense, but allows for a more flexible format. Classes are held nights and weekends. This class is great for those who are interested in UX, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset.
  • UX Design Immersive

Design, Product Management, User Experience Design
    In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week
    LocationLehi
    If you're a designer, product person, developer, or simply interested in taking a dive into UX (user experience), this class is for you. Our "Immersive" full-time UI/UX course makes the most of class time because we focus on less theory and more hands-on practice. You're probably already doing some UX whether you know it or not and this course will help you give structure to your innate thoughts through industry know how and structured design processes. The design course at DevMountain is multi-faceted, covering all aspects of the design process from start to finish. While covering both mobile and web design principles students will practice creative discovery, ideation, critical thinking, research collection, wireframing / prototyping, basic front-end coding and more design best practices. The class will teach students to understand and meet modern web and mobile design standards in the product creation process, from first pondering user centered design and design thinking principles to testing their products on multiple devices and measuring the effectiveness of their designs. Students will also learn design principles such as grid systems, typography, color theory, branding and systems-based design, design history and research methods. By the end of the 13-week course, the new designers will graduate with a well-rounded portfolio of work that shows everything they have learned and can achieve in the workplace. This class is great for those who are interested in UX, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset. The course will prepare students to step into a variety of design roles: web designer, mobile designer, UX designer, UI designer, front-end designer, freelance designer, and more.
    Prep WorkYes.
  • Web Development After Hours

AngularJS, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS
    LocationLehi
    Our "After Hours" course is a great way to dive into code without having to quit your job or school. It's still extremely intense, but allows for a more flexible format. Classes are held nights and weekends. This class is great for those who are interested in coding, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset.
  • Web Development Immersive

MySQL, AngularJS, HTML, jQuery, Mobile, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationLehi, Dallas, Phoenix
    The full-time class is the best immersive coding experience you can find. It's a world-class coding education. It's also a grind--8 or 10 or 12 hour days of instruction, 1:1 mentoring, and work. You'll live, eat, sleep, and breathe code for 12 weeks. And when you're done, you'll be a different person. This class is great for those who are serious about learning to code. If you want to code as a career, this is the place to do it. There's no better place in the country for this price to get nearly two years worth of world-class education.
  • Anonymous • UX Designer • Graduate
    Had a great experience going through the after hours UX program at Devmountain in Lehi. Being on campus was great, but halfway through the program we switched to remote learning due to COVID-19. The organization was able to pivot really quickly to help deliver a great experience nonetheless. I think that speaks a lot to them as an organization and both their ability to instruct and their care for students and their needs.
    - 4/21/2020
    I believe the instructors are incredibly inexperienced in how to teach individuals. They may know the subject, but teaching that subject to others is a whole different skill all together. They need quality instructors if they expect to teach a very technical subject in a VERY short period of time.
  • Anonymous • Frontend Engineer • Graduate
    Stay away!!! DevMountain is now a company that offers very little at great cost. They are always cutting corners and costs to save on an already highly profitable business at the expense of student learning. I would not recommend it to anyone at this point. I attended DevMountain When it was in Provo and mentored when they moved to Lehi. DevMountain was fantastic when I attended. And back then I would have and did recommend it to everyone but it went down hill really quickly after the shift in management after the new owners really took over. Over 6 months ALL the web instructors left and they hired recent grads with NO job experience to replace them in order to cut costs. They decreased the number of mentors per student and significantly lowered the bar for mentors. Recent grads that would have normally been hired as mentors are now being hired as instructors and so they are hiring virtually anyone who wants to be a mentor regardless of skill. They removed most of the extra resources for students. Significantly lowered the physical classroom quality so while in lecture you can hear all 3 other lectors going on simultaneously separated only by small decorative half walls. The current devmountain management has and will cut any cost they can because they know they can ride off the good reviews and legacy of the old owners and management for a while. Stay away!!! I have worked with students who are graduating now and they are getting a much much lower quality of education/skill set.
  • Anonymous • Frontend Developer • Graduate

I made a huge change in my career after being in retail for over 15 years. I was really happy that I made this decision to go into web development. Originally in college, I was studying it and change majors. I wish I kept going with my original plan but it happens.

I had a couple friends that attended this bootcamp but at different campuses and the one in Lehi is fairly new. As much as I enjoyed the whole experience at the school, there were a couple things I wish they could have fixed but it was limited to what they could do there anyway. Sometimes it can be tough to listen to lectures while other classes surrounding your class is louder than your instructor. Great thing our instructors were patient and allowed us to ask questions or go over that part of the topic again. The bootcamp does give you all the necessary material you need to learn plus access to resources like mentors, after-hours help and even other students who are in different cohorts that can assist. That's one of the major things about being in tech, people can be willing to help you when you're stuck.

The curriculum there is concentrated in JavaScript which is great for modern programming language. Once you get an idea of what you're doing, keep grinding and learning. I dedicated countless hours a week to keep learning. I did fell behind a couple times but you can still catch up. Make sure you ask questions!! You paid this money to go there, if you don't know what they're teaching you, just ask questions or go over it again.

The housing was the major selling point for me coming up there. It all depends who rooms with you that makes your living experience enjoyable. For me, I like my place clean and I clean up after myself. If others don't do their due-diligence, it's not going to be good for you.

Once you completed your curriculum there, meet with the student-success advisors. They want you to succeed after graduating. They follow-up with me to make sure I have found something, if not; they'll ask what I'm doing and how I should do it.

• Mission Complete
    - 6/9/2019
    Anonymous • Senior Mobile Developer • Student

I took the Web Development - Full Stack cours. My goal was to gain an education, enough to get a job. DevMountain delivered.

DevMountain was rigorous enough, community driven, and strategically organized for optimal skill development. They educated me on the content I needed to display during my interviews, that eventually got me my job.

I was hired as a Mobile Developer, but my knowledge of the full stack showed them I was more than a guy that knew Swift and I was granted a higher position from the get go. Many question I was asked, were answered from content I had learned the last week or two.

An offer was over the table before I completed the bootcamp, what a pleasant suprise.

I would not entirely recommend the DevMountain full stack immersive program because after completion of the course, there is no help for you. You are left on your own to try and find a job and your few skills do not let you apply for a majority of the web development positions out there. The hiring events that they hold after you complete the program only target the students who are mentors and you will be lucky to have anything after you hand out a resume.They also do not publish that there is roughly only a 60% hire rate for graduates after 6 months. They do not tell you that you will be competing with thousands of other bootcamp and 4 year CS grads for a very small number of junior level positions. DevMountain also does a poor job at job preparation and you do not get enough practice for the real world of day long tech interviews or phone screens. Personally, if I had the option of doing it all over, I would have hired an experienced professional to tutor me privately for several months versus having only a few weeks of group instruction/ lectures that you get at DevMountain. The housing is nice.. as well as the friends you make, but the lack of experience and simple skillset will not get you a satisfactory job in the current market. You better be a wizard at coding or you will regret not spending your $11900 on something more useful. Remember, higher education is a BUSINESS and all sales are final. Shop wisely.

• Time Commitment
    - 9/18/2018
    Anonymous • Job Title: Working On It • Graduate

I probably spend 80 + hours per week at dev mountain, or working on projects, or other assignments for the Web Development Immersive Course. I am just graduating, but I have to say, I wouldn't do it any other way. Put in the time, because you will need every minute of it to try to absorb the immense amount of content that will be covered in your 13 week stay.

Great, challenging course, just don't come in with any plans for a social life outside of this while you are here. There really just isn't time for that.

• Anonymous • Business Owner • Graduate

Honestly, I went a few years ago and still regret this choice. DevMountain was a fun experience but not worth the money it costs to have that experience. At the time they made it seem like you would get a job from doing this program. They pushed a 95% job placement for their students. As a 24-year-old, I thought that sounded great and they made it sound great. They really pushed the job aspect and made you believe you would get a job. However, I quickly learned this wasn't the case. I even had one instructor tell us a majority of us wouldn't even get a job but DevMountain wouldn't want me to tell you that. As a Father supporting a family this wasn't what I was wanting to hear. Everything DevMountain said to our group was geared towards us getting a job, they led us to believe we would. Now I take full responsibility for the fact that I never got a job I can't blame my frustrations of not landing a job on a school but I can blame them for the misleading they did. They could have told us from the start that it's going to be hard to land a job but if they did that most of us wouldn't have gone. They also said they would help us get interviews and bring companies to DevMountain to help us get into situations to get interviewed for jobs. This was never the case. They had a website for alumni where they would post job announcements and only one or two jobs ever got posted. I checked daily and nothing ever happened with that site. If they were more upfront with us at the beginning it wouldn't have been bad, but they led us to believe that if we learned these skills people would hire us. I only got a few interviews when I finished and every time I interviewed they would say sorry you don't have enough experience.  I understand that life happens and you can't blame others for the bad stuff in life that happens but a school like DevMountain shouldn't have misled like they did. I believe now they corrected some of their mistakes but for the people who were with them at the start kind of got shafted. I had a great time at DevMountain, I learned a lot and enjoyed the people. I turned a lot of opportunities down because DevMountain promised a lot that they didn't live up to, and yes they even said 95% of students were hired. I just wish they were upfront for the students when they started there program. I understand there's a lot of bugs to work out in a new business but a lot of people were affected by their poor decisions.

I attended DevMountain's full time immersive course in the summer of 2016. I had an awesome experience and was blown away how much I could learn and understand in their 12 week course. I felt like I had the support I needed with their instructors and mentors and loved being in an immersive situation with other students.

if you're looking to learn full stack web dev I'd highly recommend DevMTN!

• Anonymous • iOS Developer • Graduate

DevMountain was a challenging but fulfilling experience. It costs a lot of money, but the tradeoff is worth it as long as you are willing to work hard to get to where you need to be by graduation. The mentors and instructors were super helpful and knew their stuff. The curriculum contained a lot of outdated and extremely long videos that were marginally helpful, but the in-class gudied projects really helped solidify things. I haven't had the chance to go to a DevMountain hiring event yet so that is why the Job Assistance rating is a 3, although I'm sure the hiring event will be awesome.

All in all, a great experience and I would definitely do it again.

I have applied for dozens if not hundreds of jobs and had a decent number of interviews, but none of them are remotely interested in the middling work I did at DevMountain.

It was a terrible idea to invest in a bootcamp that did not guarantee a job before spending $10,000 and going-on 7 months of unemployment. Do not make my mistake; look elsewhere, or take some Udemy courses instead.