devmountain-logo

Devmountain

Atlanta, Dallas, Lehi, Online, Phoenix, Provo, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City

Devmountain

Devmountain is a technology school that offers full-time and part-time programs at campuses in Lehi, Dallas, and Phoenix. The immersive courses include iOS Development, Software QA, User Experience Design, and Web Development. The Web track covers front-end and back-end JavaScript (HTML/CSS, jQuery, AngularJS, Node.js, Express, data sources like SQL, Mongo, Firebase). The iOS track covers mobile development in Swift. The UI/UX course covers prototyping, visual/motion design, sketch, adobe suite, UX research, wireframing, and analytical tools. Devmountain instructors are all coding industry professionals and aim to bring real-world applications into the classroom. The immersive courses require 40 to 60 hours of pre-course work, 40 hours of class per week, and 10 to 20 hours of work outside of the classroom. The part-time programs require 30 to 40 hours of pre-course work, 11 hours of class per week, and 10 to 20 hours of work outside of the classroom. The school was started in 2013 in Provo, Utah.

The first step to applying for Devmountain bootcamp is to check out the courses and start dates. Once the student has picked a course, they must submit an online application. Next, students speak with a member of the admissions team by phone to further discuss the program. After the phone call, students must complete a challenge to test their knowledge of the course subject matter. Finally, the admissions team will notify students if they qualify for acceptance. Devmountain recommends that students have some exposure to coding before applying.

Recent Devmountain Reviews: Rating 4.6

all (287) reviews for Devmountain →

Recent Devmountain News

Read all (35) articles about Devmountain →
  • iOS Development Immersive

Xcode, Objective-C, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, iOS, Swift
    LocationLehi
    Want to build iOS (iPhone/iPad) apps? There is no better place to learn. You'll start building apps on Day 1 of the class, and by the end you'll have at least one app in the App Store (possibly even making you money). Classes are rigorous, and previous programming experience is definitely preferred, but if you're up to the challenge, you can become a great iOS developer with a start in this course.
    Minimum Skill LevelProgramming experience preferred, beginners welcome
    Prep WorkOnce accepted, students must complete pre-course work before first day of class.
  • Software QA Testing Immersive

AngularJS, Git, Quality Assurance Testing
    In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week
    LocationLehi
    Our 6-week immersive software QA bootcamp will prepare you with the skills needed to become a competitive candidate for junior-level software QA engineer positions. Instruction consists of instructor lectures, guest lecturers, guided projects, individual projects, group projects, and real projects with corporate clients. Students will work collaboratively with the lead instructor and mentors throughout the course. Through experience in specific technologies and frameworks that are popular today, students can achieve a flexible outlook that is comfortable and eager to tackle new technologies in a fast-moving and ever-changing industry.
    Devmountain has partnerships with SkillsFund and Climb Credit
  • UI/UX Design After Hours

Design, User Experience Design
    LocationLehi
    Our "After Hours" course is a great way to dive into UX without having to quit your job or school. It's still extremely intense, but allows for a more flexible format. Classes are held nights and weekends. This class is great for those who are interested in UX, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset.
  • UX Design Immersive

Design, Product Management, User Experience Design
    In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week
    LocationLehi
    If you're a designer, product person, developer, or simply interested in taking a dive into UX (user experience), this class is for you. Our "Immersive" full-time UI/UX course makes the most of class time because we focus on less theory and more hands-on practice. You're probably already doing some UX whether you know it or not and this course will help you give structure to your innate thoughts through industry know how and structured design processes. The design course at DevMountain is multi-faceted, covering all aspects of the design process from start to finish. While covering both mobile and web design principles students will practice creative discovery, ideation, critical thinking, research collection, wireframing / prototyping, basic front-end coding and more design best practices. The class will teach students to understand and meet modern web and mobile design standards in the product creation process, from first pondering user centered design and design thinking principles to testing their products on multiple devices and measuring the effectiveness of their designs. Students will also learn design principles such as grid systems, typography, color theory, branding and systems-based design, design history and research methods. By the end of the 13-week course, the new designers will graduate with a well-rounded portfolio of work that shows everything they have learned and can achieve in the workplace. This class is great for those who are interested in UX, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset. The course will prepare students to step into a variety of design roles: web designer, mobile designer, UX designer, UI designer, front-end designer, freelance designer, and more.
    Prep WorkYes.
  • Web Development After Hours

AngularJS, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS
    LocationLehi
    Our "After Hours" course is a great way to dive into code without having to quit your job or school. It's still extremely intense, but allows for a more flexible format. Classes are held nights and weekends. This class is great for those who are interested in coding, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset.
  • Web Development Immersive

MySQL, AngularJS, HTML, jQuery, Mobile, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationLehi, Dallas, Phoenix
    The full-time class is the best immersive coding experience you can find. It's a world-class coding education. It's also a grind--8 or 10 or 12 hour days of instruction, 1:1 mentoring, and work. You'll live, eat, sleep, and breathe code for 12 weeks. And when you're done, you'll be a different person. This class is great for those who are serious about learning to code. If you want to code as a career, this is the place to do it. There's no better place in the country for this price to get nearly two years worth of world-class education.
  • Jason Turner • Graduate

I attended DevMountain shortly after my undergraduate studies in biology. I attended DevMountain with the intent to increase my skillset and make myself more marketable as a potential employee. DevMountain definitely provided the tools for me to be able to learn how to be a web developer. More importantly than the specific libraries, frameworks, and language that I learned at DevMountain as a student, DevMountain taught me how to be continually learning after graduation. The need to be learning the newest languages, libraries, and frameworks is constant, and I feel that DevMountain helped provide me with the ability and direction to be able to stay caught up in the dev world.

After both graduating from a univeristy with a degree in finance and going through 'intensive' training for work at a global investment bank, I was looking for a different type of learning experience -- one that is personal enough for me to recognize my individual talent and also stretch what I thought I was capable of learning in 12 weeks. DevMountain can do that for you. I wouldn't start a career in software development any other way.

• Kaleo Kim

I wanted to start a career and also learn how to code about 7 months ago.  I started some online course but that was not working for me.  I heard about bootcamps and I started researching.  after looking at over two schools I ended up choosing DevMountain.  I just finished in march in their immersive Web Dev.

It was one of the best choices that I have made as far as education and a career choice goes.  I had absolutely zore experience in coding (besides about 15 minutes of teamtree house).  Now I feel like I can have a career in coding.  The curriculum is awesome and intense.  I learned a ton! and I feel like I still know how to learn and where to to for resources for writing web apps.

I liked it so much and would reccomend this to anyone! who wants to learn how to code no matter what your background is in.  I also liked it so much that I will be doing their IOS course as well!!

• Mark Perkins • Graduate

Changing careers shortly after finishing graduate school was difficult for me. I had committed to a career in marketing, so changing to web app development was hard. I'm very happy I did and I believe that DevMountain has been integral in kickstarting my transition. The education curriculum was very challenging, but not unreasonable. The instructors and mentors were top-notch and of the highest caliber. The learning environment, culture and students were second to none. Not only did I really enjoy my time there, but I learned far more than I believe I would have had I pursued a more conventional route.

• Barbara Liau • Graduate

Choosing to attend DevMountain's Web Development Immersive Course was one of the best decisions I've made. I had grown frustrated with the jobs that I had had and wanted to go into a career that was more challenging. Coding came to mind, and one thing led to another and I soon found myself looking at bootcamps and trying to figure out which one would be the best for me. At the time, DevMountain did not offer an immersive course, so I had not initially considered them. However, I heard about their immersive course a day after the first cohort started, and then added them onto my list of bootcamps I wanted to attend. After much research, I ultimately decided that DevMountain was going to be the best choice for me and went for it -- super solid choice.

I have learned so much since day 1. We've covered HTML/CSS, Javascript, Angular, Node, MongoDB, Firebase, Parse, React. The instructors and mentors were fantastic and provided me with the resources I needed to succeed. I was pushed and challenged and felt like I had a good balance of struggling to learn on my own and getting help when I couldn't figure it out.

In addition to the curriculum and learning from instructors/mentors, I also made a lot of close friends and was able to draw on the knowledge of my fellow classmates to add to mine. The atmosphere of the school is very welcoming and you can tell that everyone here is on your side and wants you to succeed. There were lots of opportunities to network and meet people in the field as well. It's a great learning environment and one that I'm incredibly glad I had the chance to be a part of. At the end of the 12 weeks I was able to build my own web applications, work as part of a group, and also have the confidence and ability to continue to learn and grow on my own.

Other benefits include transportation pass, free housing (if you're from out of the area), free recreational facility pass, 24/7 access to the facilities so you can work long into the night if you want, X-Boxes to get your mind off of coding, ping pong table, foosball table...it's pretty great.

If you're on the fence of going to a bootcamp, you should definitely take the leap and go for it! DevMountain offers part-time courses if you can't take the immersive course, but if you can, I can't recommend it enough.

• Good and fast
    - 4/21/2015

DevMountain is a great way to get a head start in a career change. The teach you the basics and recognize this is a new career direction for you and help motivate you to work and make the change. The instructors are very nice and helpful and have different experiences to help you learn the material.

I felt like the pace was maybe too fast at the beginning for inexperienced programmers/developers and then slowed down a lot for project time with some instruction on topics a little too advanced with where we were at. We'd probably be more prepared if our foundations were a little stronger in the first 6 weeks of material rather than continuously adding more. There is a lot of focus on project time and practicing which is really good and helps give you a lot of confidence as a programmer. Doing the full-time instead of the after-hours class solves the main weaknesses of the program because only 18 hours/week for 12 weeks is not a lot of time to master the material.

Job assistance is there but it seems there are a lot more Sr. Developer positions available in Utah & elsewhere (1-2 years experience) than there are Jr.-level positions. Doing the full-time class you are able to work on 2 apps (for a few weeks) instead of 1 and thus be a little more prepared and competitive for the job search. But, if you are very motivated and put in the time on your own to practice what you learn you can be just as well off in the afterhours class as the full-time class.

There are definitely options and opportunities in iOS Development that I would not be able to take advantage of without DevMountain and the preparation it gave me but I think the iOS program still has room for growth and improvement which they are working on doing now with the full-time cohort.

• Scott "Skoot" Miller • Job Seeker • Graduate

I did a LOT of research into different bootcamps in the state of UT & DevMtn's previous reviews & post-graduate job placement percentages were a HUGE factor in my deciding to attend DevMtn's immersive cohort.  There is NO other place I would have rather been for the 1st 3 months of 2015.  The skills I've learned in that short amount of time are irreplacable.  I'm grateful for the teachers, lecturers, mentors & other DevMtn staff that made the experience UNforgettable!!  They shared with us years of experience from various individuals of the developing industry!!

• Jeff Chapman • Graduate

I came from the San Francisco Bay Area to attend DevMountain. All the bootcamps in SF were so overpriced and overpopulated that I feared I wouldn't get the education I was looking for. DevMounatain was a perfect fit. The environment was ideal, the teachers were awesome and the other students were smart and a blast to work with. I'm glad I cam to DevMountain and I highly recommend it.

• Jeff • Graduate

I recently finished the full time web dev class. It was the best thing I ever did for my career. I was working in finance and wasn't happy and always had an interest in learning web development. I had heard good things about DevMountain and quit my job and jumped in head first to learn how to code.

The learning environment was awesome. It's an intense class, but moves at a speed that you're able to keep up and continue to learn. They offer full time mentors who are with you all day and will help with any questions you have as you work on class projects, personal projects, etc.

I loved my time here and miss it! I made some great friends and future business partners! DevMountain has made it possible for me to switch careers and to hopefully evolve into a world class software engineer. Wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for DevMountain. Thanks!!!

• super rad
    - 4/21/2015
    Michael Sayer • Graduate

I love DevMountain. I was in the Immersive Web Dev cohort at the beginning of this year and I am so happy about my decision. The learning environment is designed to keep you engaged and moving forward. Around every corner is a new challenge but the mentors and instructors provide plenty of positive reinforcement. These guys taught me how to write code, but more importantly, they taught me how to learn new technologies. I now feel like I stand a chance in an industry that’s constantly changing.

There are many ways one can learn to code. But because of DevMountain, in three months I was able to learn a MEAN stack, build my own applications, make some amazing friends, and get into an entry level position at an awesome tech startup. Keep in mind six months ago I was making minimum wage as barista, without a degree…

• Stephen Done • Graduate

This school is great. The instructors know what they are doing, and you can tell that the people there care that you learn. I took the after hours course - no other school offers that opportunity, and I'm grateful they offer it. I really wish I had been able to take the immersive course - but that just wasn't an option for me, what with five kids to take care of. The part time course was excellent, was challenging, and provided a great jumping off point for me to continue to learn on my own. I spent a lot of time working on my personal project and experimenting with better ways to do things. Whenever I had a question, the mentors and instructors were happy to help. If you can, take the immersive course, but if you don't and you are willing to put in a lot more time on your own beyond what they schedule for you, the after hours course is excellent and you can make it work for you.

I haven't asked for much direct help finding a position - this is perhaps one area where they could improve - but I haven't had any trouble getting interviews. Networking is really something you need to do on your own - and they provide plenty of opportunities to do it. I've been really impressed with their efforts to create a community of developers, and to provide continuing opportunities to learn after the fact.