devmountain-logo

Devmountain

Dallas, Lehi, Online

Devmountain

Devmountain is a technology school that offers full-time and part-time programs at campuses in Lehi, Dallas, and Phoenix. The immersive courses include Web Development, Java Software Engineering, Python Software Engineering, Data Analytics, Software Quality Assurance (QA), iOS App Development, and User Experience (UX) Design. The Web track covers front-end and back-end JavaScript (HTML/CSS, jQuery, AngularJS, Node.js, Express, data sources like SQL, Mongo, Firebase). The iOS track covers mobile development in Swift. The UI/UX course covers prototyping, visual/motion design, sketch, adobe suite, UX research, wireframing, and analytical tools. Devmountain instructors are all coding industry professionals and aim to bring real-world applications into the classroom. The immersive courses require 40 to 60 hours of pre-course work, 40 hours of class per week, and 10 to 20 hours of work outside of the classroom. The part-time programs require 30 to 40 hours of pre-course work, 11 hours of class per week, and 10 to 20 hours of work outside of the classroom. The school was started in 2013 in Provo, Utah.

The first step to applying for Devmountain bootcamp is to check out the courses and start dates. Once the student has picked a course, they must submit an online application. Next, students speak with a member of the admissions team by phone to further discuss the program. After the phone call, students must complete a challenge to test their knowledge of the course subject matter. Finally, the admissions team will notify students if they qualify for acceptance. Devmountain recommends that students have some exposure to coding before applying.

Recent Devmountain Reviews: Rating 4.62

all (315) reviews for Devmountain →

Recent Devmountain News

Read all (40) articles about Devmountain →
  • Coding Basics

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
    Start Date April 19, 2021
    Learn the fundamental building blocks of web development: HTML, CSS, and JavaScript by creating your own website.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo Coding Experience
    Prep WorkNone
    April 19, 2021 - Online Apply by April 16, 2021
  • Data Analytics

Learn how to collect and use data to tell stories in clear and meaningful ways for personal, professional, and business goals.
  • iOS Development Full-Time

LocationOnline, Lehi
    Want to build iOS (iPhone/iPad) apps? There is no better place to learn. You'll start building apps on Day 1 of the class, and by the end you'll have at least one app in the App Store (possibly even making you money). Classes are rigorous, and previous programming experience is definitely preferred, but if you're up to the challenge, you can become a great iOS developer with a start in this course.
    Minimum Skill LevelProgramming experience preferred, beginners welcome
    Prep WorkOnce accepted, students must complete pre-course work before first day of class.
  • Java Software Engineering

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, Algorithms, Java, SQL, GitHub
    The 16-week Java Software Engineering course is designed to teach you how to use the programming language Java as well as other languages to become a software engineer.
  • Python Software Engineering

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, Algorithms, SQL, Python, GitHub
    The 16-week Software Engineering Python course is designed to teach you how to use the programming language Python as well as other languages to become a software engineer.
  • Software QA Testing Full-Time

AngularJS, Git, Quality Assurance Testing
    OnlineFull Time40 Hours/week
    LocationOnline, Lehi
    Our 6-week immersive software QA bootcamp will prepare you with the skills needed to become a competitive candidate for junior-level software QA engineer positions. Instruction consists of instructor lectures, guest lecturers, guided projects, individual projects, group projects, and real projects with corporate clients. Students will work collaboratively with the lead instructor and mentors throughout the course. Through experience in specific technologies and frameworks that are popular today, students can achieve a flexible outlook that is comfortable and eager to tackle new technologies in a fast-moving and ever-changing industry.
  • Software Testing QA Part-Time

OnlinePart Time
    LocationOnline, Lehi
    Our software QA bootcamp will prepare you with the skills needed to become a competitive candidate for junior-level software QA engineer positions. Instruction consists of instructor lectures, guest lecturers, guided projects, individual projects, group projects, and real projects with corporate clients. Students will work collaboratively with the lead instructor and mentors throughout the course. Through experience in specific technologies and frameworks that are popular today, students can achieve a flexible outlook that is comfortable and eager to tackle new technologies in a fast-moving and ever-changing industry.
  • UI/UX Design After Hours

LocationOnline, Lehi
    Our "After Hours" course is a great way to dive into UX without having to quit your job or school. It's still extremely intense, but allows for a more flexible format. Classes are held nights and weekends. This class is great for those who are interested in UX, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset.
  • UX Design Full-Time

Design, Product Management, User Experience Design
    OnlineFull Time40 Hours/week
    LocationOnline, Lehi
    If you're a designer, product person, developer, or simply interested in taking a dive into UX (user experience), this class is for you. Our "Immersive" full-time UI/UX course makes the most of class time because we focus on less theory and more hands-on practice. You're probably already doing some UX whether you know it or not and this course will help you give structure to your innate thoughts through industry know how and structured design processes. The design course at DevMountain is multi-faceted, covering all aspects of the design process from start to finish. While covering both mobile and web design principles students will practice creative discovery, ideation, critical thinking, research collection, wireframing / prototyping, basic front-end coding and more design best practices. The class will teach students to understand and meet modern web and mobile design standards in the product creation process, from first pondering user centered design and design thinking principles to testing their products on multiple devices and measuring the effectiveness of their designs. Students will also learn design principles such as grid systems, typography, color theory, branding and systems-based design, design history and research methods. By the end of the 13-week course, the new designers will graduate with a well-rounded portfolio of work that shows everything they have learned and can achieve in the workplace. This class is great for those who are interested in UX, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset. The course will prepare students to step into a variety of design roles: web designer, mobile designer, UX designer, UI designer, front-end designer, freelance designer, and more.
    Prep WorkYes.
  • Web Development After Hours

LocationOnline, Lehi
    Our "After Hours" course is a great way to dive into code without having to quit your job or school. It's still extremely intense, but allows for a more flexible format. Classes are held nights and weekends. This class is great for those who are interested in coding, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset.
  • Web Development Full-Time

LocationOnline, Lehi, Dallas
    The full-time class is the best immersive coding experience you can find. It's a world-class coding education. It's also a grind--8 or 10 or 12 hour days of instruction, 1:1 mentoring, and work. You'll live, eat, sleep, and breathe code for 12 weeks. And when you're done, you'll be a different person. This class is great for those who are serious about learning to code. If you want to code as a career, this is the place to do it. There's no better place in the country for this price to get nearly two years worth of world-class education.
  • QA - Immersive
    - 5/7/2020
    Jason Pritchard  User Photo
    Jason Pritchard • Software QA Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I attended the Immersive - QA course in Jan-Feb2019,  I was nervous due to having no experience other then construction and warehouse.  It turns out I loved it, It was a lot of work and it was a big gamble.  Luckily the instructors we're helpful and caring.  They even spent some time upon my request to go back over a few things which help my confidence level a bunch by the end.  I even maintain my relationship with them and talk with them monthly.

After completing I took a unpaid internship at a startup while I looked for work, it didn't last long. I got hired 1 month to the day of completing based on the networking I had done which was part of curriculum of the course.

It's been a year and a month since I completed, my life is completley different now. I make 2x more money then I've ever made in my life,  I actually am excited about the job I do and its interesting and challenging.

The company I work for prefers DevMountain QA's opposed to other applicants due to the skill set that course teaches.
  • Preston Jenkins  User Photo
    Preston Jenkins • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Devmountain did a great job delivering what they said they would. I did a lot of research beforehand and was satisfied that my experience matched the research. Great facility, staff, instructors, mentors, and peers. I felt like a bought a product called Devmountain and am so glad I have continuing access to those resources I had as a student.
  • Jay Sargent  User Photo
    Jay Sargent • React Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    DevMountain was exactly what I needed after I had a pretty rough university experience. They have dedicated mentors, teachers, student advisors, and overall staff who all know their stuff.

They don't promise that jobs will be handed to you if you complete the boot camp. They focus on teaching you how to learn code, and how to get a job - which requires much more than just completing any boot camp. But they teach you how, and what employers are looking for!

Everyone I know who took the advice of the DevMountain, worked hard, and took every single day seriously (including after the bootcamp) got a job within a year, many within 1-3 months. Myself included. I took the Web Developer camp, but 2 members on my team at work went through the UX program and had raving things to say about it. We all wear our DevMountain shirt with pride.

Their price is cheaper than most other bootcamps, and much cheaper than Universities.

The curriculum is currently React / Node focused - but as I said before they teach you how to learn so there is no limit after DevMountain for what you can teach yourself.

The community on slack is more than willing to help anyone out with any question, no matter the technology used.

It is possible to learn these skills without DevMountain, but their focused course, onsite staff, and focused / intense atmosphere is exactly what I needed to succeed, and I could NOT have done this without them (and many others who I've talked to agree.)

I came from a coding background (two years of university and growing up building simple websites), but there were other students in our cohort who had zero coding experience and excelled. All of us learned and grew immensely here.

I would highly recommend DevMountain to anyone wanting to seriously get into coding.
  • Joseph Hutch  User Photo
    Joseph Hutch • Software Engineer in Test • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    In 2017 I realized my career was stagnating and I was making no forward progress. I quit my job thinking I would be able get a new job in three months. Three months later with over a hundred applications, one call back and no interviews, I signed up for the DevMountain QA course. Three months later I had a new job that put my career back on course. They provided me with certifications to show that I was skilled. assistance to build resumes that would be reviewed and how to succeed in interviews. I wouldn't be where I am now without DevMountain.
  • iOS Developer
    - 3/31/2020
    Carson  User Photo
    Carson • iOS Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Great experience with great mentors who are there to teach you everything you need to know to get a job. They care about helping you and do everything they can to succeed. Intense long hours, waterhose amount of information, but you learn 2+ years worth of information and experience in 3 months
  • Jesse Badgley  User Photo
    Jesse Badgley • Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    You need to be prepared to learn a lot! I mean a lot. You won't learn everything you need in the lectures, so you need to be prepared to study and continue learning after hours. I graduated in December, and it was hard to find a job. I didn't get hired until March, but I am so glad I didn't give up hope. I now have a great job, and I am making more money than I ever thought I could right out of boot camp! I want to thank DevMountain for helping me change my life for the better!
  • Jason Jones  User Photo
    Jason Jones • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I entered the Dallas DevMountain web development program with little coding experience. I had experimented as a teen (10+ years ago) with some very basic HTML. I'm technically inclined with computers but my previous work experience is largely food service, customer service, and team management. DevMountain's campus was excellent, the staff clearly enjoy what they're doing, and I loved my time in the program. Today I got the phone call I'd been waiting for: I got a job! DevMountain hosted a hiring event a few days after my cohort's graduation. This event put me in contact with recruiters and developers alike. This event let me create contacts with recruiting agencies and ultimately with the senior developer of the company now hiring me. The job prep workshops helped me establish my resume and take the skills from my previous fields and turn them into marketable, useful skills for my new field. I loved DevMountain; I recommend it to anyone looking for a bootcamp. My only complaint: some of the curriculum materials are not perfect. This is outside of the control of the staff working at the Dallas location. At the end of the day, it's the instructor's job to introduce you to the concepts and provide you with structure. Your job is to connect the dots and do the work to learn the material so I never found myself hindered by the curriculum materials. I believe the staff makes the difference and at DevMouintain they certainly did. Thank you Mykenzie, Katie, Brittany, Eric and Jacob!
  • Mr
    - 2/28/2020
    Rico  User Photo
    Rico • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    hello, I’m a recent graduate from DevMountain. I want to take this time to say thank you! DevMountain was an amazing learning experience for me. For someone coming into coding from a new career, I’d say definitely give DevMountain a try. From the professional staff to the campus, not once was I discouraged. I was given great hands on experience with building projects as well as very helpful mentors who know the subjects. The course work was great and very understanding also. I especially want to give a round of applause to the PHX mentors Ms.Hatch and Mr.Kent who were able to step up to the plate through a difficult transition and still provide us students with professionalism and a good learning environment! THANK YOU ALL at DevMountain
  • Bailie Ewell  User Photo
    Bailie Ewell • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This was exactly the program I was looking for! They provided me with housing which was a nice benefit. I was in a small cohort so there was lots of personal attention, and it was a relaxed atmosphere to create, and ask lots of questions. I gained lots of experience presenting in front of people, and getting feedback on my designs. Collaboration was a big part of the program, I gained a lot of learning experience working with people. The outcomes department is great. They often reach out to me to see what they can do to help, and they are able assist with anything. Devmountain is a network of amazing people working toward the same goals who are willing to help each other along the way. It is a great environment. I would recommend this course to anyone. I love Devmountain.
  • Austin Karren  User Photo
    Austin Karren Verified via GitHub
    I am really enjoying the web dev course here in Lehi. I love the immersive experience that this course provides. There are times that it can be challenging but I enjoy the curriculum and I am excited to learn more.
  • Joe  User Photo
    Joe • Software Developer and Integrator • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

DevMountain provided the exact experience that I was seeking during my career transition. After spending roughly 8 months teaching myself how to code, I turned to DevMountain's full-time web development bootcamp to accelerate the process.

The bootcamp was extremely fast-paced and challenging, but the workload and relatively short amount of time forced us to truly focus and work hard to see results. The material that was taught helped me directly in my career, and I still use things that I learned at DevMountain at my job on a regular basis. I also gained valuable skills in regards to working on software with teams. Lastly, I found value in having mentorship throughout the process as well as career prep to close out the cohort.

The only aspect of DevMountain that I didn't really like was the location (downtown dallas). The building felt old and had a mothball smell, but the hackerspace and amenities were nice.

• Grant  User Photo
    Grant • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

While I have no issues with the course and the instructors/mentors (they were great). My issue is with everything else about DevMountain. When I started I was moving from California to Utah. I requested housing and they told me they were full but the moment they had an opening (I was told when the class closest to graduating left there would be space) I was the first on the waiting list for a room. So in good faith I stayed with a friend in and started the class. Three weeks later a class graduates and I hear from classmates of mine that there are empty rooms available. I bring this up and I am told that those spaces are for people who need a room. I brought up that I was staying in a cramped location with no space for me to study and that I had moved here for this course. It took another 6 weeks of me complaining and talking to my mentors and student success for me to get a room. At that point I was about to quit the course because I was so anxious that I could not focus on my personal project. But once I got in the room everything was fine. I wish I would have had the room the whole time, I probably would have gotten more from the course. But I graduated and I completed all of the tasks required to badge. That's where the next issue happened. I had meetings with student success after the course ended to check up on how my job prep tasks were going. I showed that my LinkedIn profile, resume, and portfolio were to their standards and waited to get my badge. My third meeting with student success was rescheduled and then missed by DevMountain. I just contacted them again to check on my badge and was told they didn't have any proof that I had done my work and they would have to check it again. I am very disappointed at everything DevMountain is other than the course. I feel like I am getting the run around and being forgotten.

Followed up a month later, they wanted to go through the whole badging process again. They had forgotten about me again.

Response From: Emily of Devmountain
    Title: Director of Marketing
    Thursday, Oct 17 2019
    Grant, we're so sorry you weren't able to get into housing sooner, and I hope we can better serve future students. We appreciate your feedback and have already made some big changes to our housing plan. We want to be able to offer housing, included with tuition for full-time students, to all who are coming from out of state and need it, so we made a few changes.  We have acquired 24 new housing units/beds since August to help make sure we can better accommodate housing requests. Also, the housing manager you were working with is no longer with Devmountain- the new person is an excellent communicator, and created an organized system to manage housing needs. Secondly, we really want to see you badge! Please respond to our emails and phone calls so we can work through this.