coding-deep-dive-logo

Coding Deep Dive

Coding Deep Dive

Coding Deep Dive is an 8-week, online software design bootcamp. Bootcamp instructors are industry experts and students will solve real world problems in the course. By the end of the program, students will be able to clearly present ideas to a group of people and discuss complex software design principles, solve complex problems, and apply well-known design patterns to qualifying situations. Graduates of the bootcamp will be able to comfortably analyze and code in real time, and solve coding challenges during job interviews.

Coding Deep Dive is designed for those who already have some basic programming knowledge and can write simple loops, conditional logic, and functions. Applicants  should know at least one programming language and be able to solve problems with programming. Prospective students who meet the qualifications should fill out an application on the bootcamp website, and then they will be contacted for a phone interview.

Recent Coding Deep Dive Reviews: Rating 4.86

all (7) reviews for Coding Deep Dive →

Recent Coding Deep Dive News

• Software Design and Principles

This is an online, 8-week, self-paced bootcamp. The bootcamp curriculum covers data structures, including arrays, lists, stacks, queues, hash maps, trees, and graphs. Students learn algorithms and clean code practices, such as naming, functions and arguments, formatting, objects, error handling, unit tests, classes, and systems and patterns. Students also learn object oriented principles, design patterns, and database design principles. These core skills are coding language independent, and students can use any coding languages they already know, such as Python, Java, or Swift. Students also learn coding interview skills.
      Minimum Skill LevelApplicants should already have some basic programming knowledge and can write simple loops, conditional logic, and functions. Applicants should know at least one programming language and be able to solve very simple problems with programming.
    • Web Development with Javascript

Node.js, JavaScript, HTML, GitHub, Git, Front End, CSS
      Cost560
      Web Development with Javascript is a 4-Week long and 100% online course that is designed for students who want to learn programming from the start and later want to grow their skills in Web design and development. The course is designed to empower students with in-depth understanding of web development such as HTML5 tags and their attributes and properties, CSS3 styling rules and selectors, tips and tricks for modern web design and most importantly Javascript for logic programming and reactive website development. The course also provides extra bonus sessions to learn the most important tools for web development such as VS code, Git, Firebase Hosting and Google Analytics and helps students build their portfolios.
      Tuition PlansOnline Teaching Live In Person Sessions 1 On 1 Support Saturday Support Code Mentoring Skills Improvement
      Minimum Skill LevelNo previous coding knowledge required.
    • Eliseo  User Photo
      Eliseo • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       I am a 12-week boot camp graduate, and like many of us, when I started applying for jobs, taking up challenges and interviewing, I realized there was still a lot to learn.

Coding boot camps are great in taking you from zero knowledge to being able to builds things in record time, but it is hard to learn to think like a developer in such short period. This course really helped me with that.

The curriculum is very vast, and it becomes difficult very fast. I struggled a lot but almost immediately I realized that I was getting better. I don't know if I will ever apply all the concepts that I learned, but it definitely leveled up my coding quality and problem solving skills.

The teacher has a lot of experience and he is really good at explaining complex concepts with simple examples. He also has a lot of patience and always goes the extra mile to make sure that you understand.

The career advice part is also really good, you get CV, LinkedIn and portfolio reviews, and mocking interviews with senior developers.

• Steve Klockow  User Photo
      Steve Klockow • Frontend Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      CDD is a very deep dive into the principles of programming.

I've been working as a frontend developer for more than 9 years and I have a lot of experience with HTML / CSS / Sass, SCSS, Less and so on. I also worked with PHP and Javascript and I thought that I just want to fill the gaps.

CDD starts easy with the concept of arrays but after some minutes Ravi (the instructor) started to go in to deeper concepts.

This is not a course of basics, he doesn't explain how a for loop works but he explains patterns and best practises (in depth).

This course is very well if you know how a language works but you want to learn how to apply special patterns. It shows you how to approach problems and how to structure functions and classes.

I learned a lot during the course.

It is not easy and I got stucked almost every week but the support of the instructor and the attitude inside the group were amazing.

This is not an easy course, you learn concepts of a senior level within two months.

It is a beautyful journey through concepts and challenges.
    • Recommended!
      - 8/24/2020
      Francesca • Graduate
      I met Ravi before starting a 12-weeks coding Bootcamp. His teaching skills and his expertise impressed me deeply. So when Ravi told me he was about to start a 9 weeks software principles program I knew I was going to join!
      I would recommend this course to anyone, who wants to fill the gaps left by a not traditional CS education and aspire to grow in his development career. Besides being a real expert in his field, Ravi helps students creating the best resume for development positions and gives useful job-related advice.
      Saturday sessions can be used to ask questions and receive additional clarifications about the coding tasks. If you ever wondered if your code besides working is a good code, you will get the answer. For every task completed you will get a coding review.

• Valerio • Student
      I attended this course of Software Design and Principles after having attended a 3 month-intensive boot camp for full stack developer. I attended this course to increase my chances to get a job as a junior developer in this very difficult moment (Corona-Virus crisis).

The course is very well structured, the instructor is friendly, available, very motivated and motivating and gives clear explications.
      It is based on 4 hours in total online lecture during the week, plus the instructor is available for clarification on all Saturday working day and he is actually available even on other times. You get even your CV reviewed in details and a mock interview with another instructor, which I found very good.

The course gives a deeper knowledge of the basics of programming, data structure, clean code, problem solving, algorithms and design patterns. At the beginning we got too many exercises, some of which were, at least for me, too complicated for my knowledge or in any case it took me too much time to have them completed. After a while the instructor noticed that what we were asked for was too much and measured better the quantity and the difficulty of the exercises.

I found the course itself really good, especially for the first part. On the other hand, on the second part of the course (design patters) I got lost. I think the second part of the curriculum was just too advanced and probably not too relevant to get a job at this stage, and it is probably too much in too little time for a beginner like me.

I would say the overall experience was good, I enjoyed the course and learnt something completely new to me. Nevertheless, I am not sure, if I would suggest this course to people, who just like me have no knowledge of the topics and only want to have more chances to get a job, but I think this course it is ideal for those who have already gained some experience in the industry or some deeper knowledge, are very interested in the curriculum and want that useful knowledge/skills to move up the ladder.
    • Course Review
      - 8/2/2020
      Audrey
      I took coding dive deep's course and absolutely loved it! The content of the course is well-defined and Ravi explains everything very well. Most importantly, Ravi goes the extra-mile to ensure his students understand and grow as professionals in programming. I recommend it 100%!!
    • Imad • Full Stack Web Developer • Student
      Coding Deep Dive is an eight week course that covers data structures, algorithms, clean code practices, systems and patterns, object oriented principles, design patterns, and database design principles.
      I took this course after a 12 week intense coding camp and was very much surprised as to how much stuff was left off during the course.  Coding Deep Dive fills in those exact gaps.  From understanding programming fundamentals to interview prep - CDD course will prepare you for everything a programmer needs.  A lot of the covered topics repeatedly came up during job interviews, and I was able to get an edge among other candidates due to knowledge acquired during this course.  Even if you are already a developer, you can utilize this course to become a better developer for sure.
      Ravi is an amazing instructor.  He makes sure that every single concept is properly understood and easily explained using every day coding examples.  He even goes above and beyond and make extra time for each and every student, who might be struggling or not properly understanding a concept.

I highly recommend this course.
    • Anonymous • Jr. Software Developer • Graduate
      I work as Jr. Developer and I finished a coding bootcamp recently in berlin. After finishing the bootcamp although I had a portfolio of my mini-projects, I knew I was not ready for industry and working on large scale projects. The program Software Design and Principles from Coding Deep Dive is exactly for people in my situation as it teaches you core concepts of computer science like algorithms and space-time complexity for code.

It has overall 6 modules including object oriented programming, solid principles and design patterns with database design. These modules are good for understanding how to make scalable configurable products.

About the instructor, he is highly experienced and knows a lot about industry and that is a big advantage of this program because he was able to explain things from real experience and from real use cases..
      The downside of the program for me was that it went from easy to extremely difficult very quickly as 8 weeks are not enough to digest all the knowledge while having a full time job.