To apply, candidates can fill out an online form on the Code Institute website. Expect to receive a call from the Code Institute team within 24 hours. After the call, candidates will receive a notification about whether they have been accepted into the program.
Code Institute is a university credit-rated bootcamp in Europe, and validated by the Ministry of Education in Ontario, the Higher Education Authority in Sweden, the Ministry of Communications in Singapore, and the Higher Education Authority in Ireland. Graduates can also earn university credit rated by Edinburgh Napier University. Code Institute graduates have been hired by tech companies like Accenture, Paypal, and Salesforce.
Recent Code Institute Reviews: Rating 4.31
Recent Code Institute News
- April 2020 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup
- May 2018 Coding Bootcamp News + Podcast
- April 2018 Coding Bootcamp News Podcast
Minimum Skill Level No experience required. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost €7,900 Class size 10 Location OnlineOur 9-module programme is delivered through our world-class Learning Management System (LMS) over 16 weeks. Our support pillars will guide you through these modules and throughout, you will be building your portfolio of four milestone projects. These milestone projects are what your results are based on, and they are what makes your portfolio. Ultimately, they will help you change your career. Code Institute’s Full-Time Software Development learning track was created to combine the best features of the classroom and online experiences. This is the fastest way to become qualified and change career to software development. This full stack software development programme provides full-time students with tailored support and a team-learning environment - all with a view to help students push forward and graduate within 16 weeks. Students receive access to world-class support to make their learning journey as effective and satisfying as possible. This includes daily check-in’s, tutoring, mentoring sessions, along with access to community engagement channels such as Slack. Students will be given a weekly timetable based on studying from 9am-5pm (GMT+1).
Deposit €1000 Tuition Plans Payment Plans Available
Minimum Skill Level A basic level of coding knowledge is required. Prep Work All applicants must complete our free 5 Day Coding Challenge. Placement Test No Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost €5,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineOur 9-module programme is delivered through our world-class Learning Management System (LMS). Our support pillars will guide you through these modules and throughout, you will be building your portfolio of four milestone projects. These milestone projects are what your results are based on, and they are what makes your portfolio. Ultimately, they will help you change your career. On successful completion, you will be a qualified software developer within 12 months and in a position to apply for a developer role. This is made easier for students with the assistance of our world-class support from our student care, mentors, tutors, facilitators, and professional software developers. Code Institute’s Part-Time Software Development learning track was created to combine the best features of the classroom and online experiences. This is the fastest way to become qualified and change career to software development. This full stack software development programme provides part-time students with tailored support and a team-learning environment - all with a view to help students push forward and graduate in less than 1 year. Students receive access to world-class support to make their learning journey as effective and satisfying as possible. This includes daily check-in’s, tutoring, mentoring sessions, along with access to community engagement channels such as Slack.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans Payment Plans Available
Minimum Skill Level A basic level of coding knowledge is required. Prep Work All applicants must complete our free 5 Day Coding Challenge. Placement Test No Interview Yes
Code Institute Reviews
36 reviews sorted by:
- Wasted money- 5/31/2020Peter • Student • Course: Part-Time: Diploma in Software Development • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHub
- Full Stack Web Development- 5/10/2020Geert van Kaathoven • Course: Part-Time: Diploma in Software Development • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubI got in contact with Code Institute when I went to one of the open evenings in Amsterdam. Soon after this I decided to join and start on my career change.
The course itself is divided in different modules and along the way you do 4 milestone projects. Which you can showcase on your portfolio along the way.
If you are stuck you always can ask you question to the tutor support. And they will guide you in the right direction. Or there is the slack community with all the current and past students answering question. As you start on each milestone you get a assigned a mentor that will help you along the way.
Code Institute does also have hackathons to take part in(ex: Easter, Halloween, Christmas) to get the feel of working in teams/sprints.
After your graduated you still be part of a great community!
- Software Development- 5/5/2020Robin Kaal • Graduate • Course: Full-Time: Diploma in Software Development • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Diploma in Full Stack Software Development- 5/1/2020Les • Graduate • Course: Part-Time: Diploma in Software Development • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubI found this to be a fantastic course and an excellent challenging experience. Coming from a sales background with little to no knoweldge of coding I found it significantly challenging. Luckily the support that is offered reallys helps you and it does it in a way that lets you find the answer yourself without just providing it straight up. The support tools include a mentor assigned to you for the whole duration, who was excellent, basically a 24/7 tutoring team, who were also excellent, an awesome slack community that includes students going through the same course with channels specific to the stage you are at and a general student care team who check in with you regularly to ensure everything is ok and on track. And again everyone who I dealt with whether it was student or staff couldnt be more helpful. Dont get me wrong there are times when my head was completely melted from trying to grasp the concepts, and as you dig deeper you realise that there is so much to learn and it can sometimes be overwhelming, but if you stick at it and leverage the help at hand then you can do well. Dont underestimate the time you need to set aside too, the course assessment is based on four milestone projects that are designed to implement your learnings along the way and get progressively more advanced as each new concept is integrated, with the culmination reaching a project needing the full stack suite of skills and tools to complete successfully. Now freshly finished I do feel like I have come along way, however, I would say that whilst I have a broad new skillset, I do have the desire to practise practise practise to become much more proficient and polished in each new skill I have, to get to the standard that I am pursuing, but that might be just my personality. The fact I could only study part time (about 15-20hrs per week) might also mean feel I need to do more in my own time now. You could easily give this course 40 hours plus per week with all the areas that it covers if you have the time and the desire to go deeper into it. Overall, I highly recommend it and it does get you job ready if you are accountable and disciplined. I am now about to see what the job assistance process is like so as this stage I am assuming it also a good process based on the other areas of the course.
- Full Stack in Software Development- 4/21/2020Mariusz Brozda • Graduate • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI highly recommend Code Institute! I learnt a lot of new things in short time. I'm able to built Web sites and apps on my own now! The course is well organised and also mentors, tutors, student care and CI staff is very helpfull and supportive!! I am really happy!
- FRANK SIMPLICE MASABO • software developer • Student • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubPros:
- Great instructors
- Great staff who check on you often to make sure that you are enjoying and understanding the course
- Change mentor if you are not happy or comfortable with other
- Helping in job search (currently i have companies willing to work with me)
- Online program is very structured and in-depth
- Active tutors 24/24-7
- Intense but rewarding curriculum
- Friendly and disciplinary students
- Active and helpful student community on slack
- They don't have market frontline courses like react and c#,c++..
- Few projects
- Good experience + Job before I was even finished- 4/17/2020Carina • Frontend Developer • Graduate • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInOverall, it took me a year to finish the Code Institute bootcamp, which is much longer than I had anticipated.
I don't regret it at all, though, because the industry-ready projects I made allowed me to get a job before I was even finished. I successfully transitioned from a career in marketing to one in software development thanks to the course.
I now hold a position as a frontend developer at a nice company (established, mid-sized, higher salary than I ever made in marketing), so for me it has been absolutely worth it!
The course gives you a portfolio with which you are ready to apply for junior positions and gives support along the way. I never felt alone because even though it's all online you get regular checkups, a lively Slack community, online tutors available 24/7 to help with questions and debugging, and a dedicated mentor to help you with your projects. My mentor was a Google engineer who helped me out tons and went above and beyond to make sure I succeeded.
In general, I'm still of the opinion that it's entirely possible to get good enough at development to get a job entirely for free with the many free resources available on the internet. But, for people like me, who struggle without structure, direction, social contact and deadlines, it's absolutely worth it to invest in a course like Code Institute to get additional support in this transition. I never felt left alone, and the team at Code Institute was always there to help.
- Brilliant Organisation- 4/15/2020Michael Brown • Contractor • Graduate • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubI recently just finished the Full Stack Web Development course with Code Institute. They were absolutely brilliant. I cannot say enough good things about them -- their student care advisors and tutors in particular -- incredibly responsive and helpful. The course material was at a very good level and covers a lot. I went in having a fair bit of knowledge already, but came out knowing so much more.
They were also very patient with me as I struggled for a bit to find time to work through the course and milestone projects. A huge shout out to Neil Kavanagh for working with me.
- Isaac Woodruff • Graduate • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI would highly recommend this course. The course offers highly relevant, tailored material. The lessons are high quality and easy to follow with a well designed progression track. The supports are brilliant.
You gain access to a large supportive community of other students, alumni, tutors, and mentors on Slack. This is an invaluable resource.
They pair you with industry experienced mentors that match your study schedule. If you're not happy with your mentor for any reason at all you can switch with no issue's.
They have a tutor support section with talented tutors that help you with specific programming problems. They reply very quickly so you won't have to wait long at all.
They have a supportive student care department that answers any questions you have. They also call a couple times throughout the course to see how the course is going and if there's anything you have questions about or feedback you have. They are constantly improving their services and use student feedback to direcly help with the changes.
They also have a careers advisor who helps you secure a job after the course.
I'm very impressed overall with the quality, management, and continuous improvement of this very interesting course. If you are serious about starting on your coding journey then start here!
- Good coarse material and experience- 3/25/2020Tapiwa Chipatiko • Graduate • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInFrom my personal experience i think code institute have a great product with material that will help you to learn faster. The mini projects and milestone projects help students to find solutions and make decisions which i think i great for anyone new to software dev. I improved a lot through the milestone projects. The material is great and also the support from tutors was 5 star. I remember reaching out for help around 10pm and getting assistance in solving bugs. The mentorship also was great it helped me a lot as a new developer to understand the ins and outs of handling projects.
Other than that this is a good coarse with great support which makes studying online a great experience