code-chrysalis-logo

Code Chrysalis

Tokyo

Code Chrysalis

Code Chrysalis is a coding bootcamp located in Tokyo, Japan. Code Chrysalis has a rigorous, industry-aligned curriculum, career placement support and mentorship to transform students into autonomous, full-stack software engineers. Built around a Silicon Valley-focus, Code Chrysalis promotes agile workflows, extreme programming, and a growth mindset through personal and team full stack projects. Classes are taught in Japanese and English.

Code Chrysalis offers two bootcamp courses. The Immersive Bootcamp is a full-time, 12-week software engineering coding bootcamp. Immersive students complete a capstone team project and learn languages such as HTML, CSS, JavaScript, git, Node, Express, and React. The Foundations Bootcamp is a 5-7 week, part-time introduction to software programming course for beginners. At the end of Foundations, students will be able to create logic-using code, develop engineering autonomy, and practice having a growth mindset.

Recent Code Chrysalis Reviews: Rating 4.9

all (21) reviews for Code Chrysalis →

Recent Code Chrysalis News

• Foundations [ENGLISH/ONLINE] - part-time 7-week intro to programming course

LocationTokyo
    Foundations [ENGLISH/ONLINE] is our part-time, 7-week introduction to programming course for beginners. We do not believe that you can create a sustainable software engineering career by going to a coding program for beginners promising full-stack web applications in one month. Our course is designed for beginners who want to pursue a new fulfilling career path. Our Foundations introduction to programming class is offered in both English and Japanese.
    Tuition PlansRegular price: ¥176,000 (10% tax inclusive) Early Bird price: ¥158,400 (10% tax inclusive) For the Early Bird price application deadlines, please check: https://www.codechrysalis.io/foundations
    ScholarshipFor scholarship information, please check: https://www.codechrysalis.io/scholarships/
    Minimum Skill LevelThis is a beginner course and there is no minimum skill level. Everyone is welcome!
  • Foundations [ENGLISH/ONSITE] - part-time 5-week intro to programming course

Start Date July 28, 2020
    LocationTokyo
    Foundations [ENGLISH/ONSITE] is our part-time, 5-week introduction to programming course for beginners. We do not believe that you can create a sustainable software engineering career by going to a coding program for beginners promising full-stack web applications in one month. Our course is designed for beginners who want to pursue a new fulfilling career path. Our Foundations introduction to programming class is offered in both English and Japanese. *Due to the COVID-19 situation in Tokyo, May 19 - June 27 Foundations class will be held online. Courses that are currently planned to be held onsite may be held online. If there are any changes, we will announce them on our website as soon as possible.
    July 28, 2020 - Tokyo Apply by July 24, 2020
    September 1, 2020 - Tokyo Apply by August 28, 2020
    October 6, 2020 - Tokyo Apply by October 2, 2020
    November 10, 2020 - Tokyo Apply by November 6, 2020
  • The Immersive Bootcamp [ENGLISH/ONLINE] - full-time 12-week software engineering course

HTML, Git, JavaScript, Product Management, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End, SQL
    LocationTokyo
    DepositDeposit fee: ¥100,000 (10% tax inclusive)
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming fundamentals in JavaScript
    Prep WorkAfter getting accepted, students are required to complete Precourse (set of assessments) before joining the Immersive
  • The Immersive Bootcamp [ENGLISH/ONSITE] - full-time 12-week software engineering course

Start Date August 10, 2020
    LocationTokyo
    Code Chrysalis's Immersive program is a full-time, 12-week coding bootcamp in Tokyo, Japan, focused on building autonomous and versatile software engineers. Our curriculum is industry-aligned and optimized for efficiency and impact. In an effort to maximize learning during the program, all accepted students are expected to complete a provided pre-course curriculum before the on-site class begins. At Code Chrysalis, students can transition from only knowing the basics of programming to becoming engineers ready to enter the industry and actively contribute from the start. We've developed a solid, full-stack foundation that every engineer needs to in order to excel. We teach contrasting technologies (e.g. React/Vue or REST/GraphQL) so students are able to form independent, educated opinions about them. With our focus on meta-learning, students are immersed in an environment that requires them to become autonomous problem-solvers and pick up new technologies on their own. On the soft skills side, we teach students effective communication practices necessary to perform seamlessly in modern software engineering teams and to shine in technical and non-technical job interviews. Our Immersive course will be offered in both English and Japanese. *For the following Immersive courses, students can choose to attend either in-person or online: July English Immersive, August English Immersive, November English Immersive.
    DepositDeposit fee: ¥100,000 (10% tax inclusive)
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming fundamentals in JavaScript
    August 10, 2020 - Tokyo Apply by July 13, 2020
    September 28, 2020 - Tokyo Apply by September 1, 2020
    November 2, 2020 - Tokyo Apply by October 5, 2020
  • ファウンデーションズ[日本語/オンライン] - 7週間の初心者向け基礎コース

LocationTokyo
    ファウンデーションズ[日本語/オンライン]は、学校や会社を続けながら通えるプログラミング初心者向けの7週間のパートタイムのプログラムです。 「たった1ヶ月でフルスタックなWebアプリケーションを開発できるようになる」と謳うプログラムで、本当にソフトウェアエンジニアとして持続可能なキャリアを切り開くことができるのでしょうか?私たちは自走できるソフトウェアエンジニアを育てるプログラムを提供しています。このファウンデーションズでは初心者の方がソフトウェアエンジニアになる一歩を踏み出し、プロレベルを学ぶ入り口に立つプログラムです。 本プログラムは英語と日本語の両方のプログラムを用意しております。 ※日本語でのプログラムでは授業は全て日本語で行いますが、英語の教材も使用するというチャレンジングな内容となっています。ソフトウェアエンジニアとしてのキャリアを築くためには英語のスキルは必要不可欠です。授業やコーディングを通じて少しずつ英語に慣れてもらいつつも、プログラミングはもちろん英語の理解力も高めることを目標としています。
    Tuition Plans通常料金: ¥176,000 (10%税込) 早割料金: ¥158,400 (10%税込)
    Scholarshipスカラーシップの最新情報についてはこちらをご覧ください: https://www.codechrysalis.io/scholarships/
    Minimum Skill Level受講するにあたって特に必要なスキルはございません。 どなたでも受講できます!
  • イマーシブ[日本語/現地開催] - 12週間のプログラミング集中型コース

Start Date August 10, 2020
    LocationTokyo
    イマーシブは、自律性を持った柔軟性の高いソフトウェアエンジニアを育てることを目的とした、フルタイムの高度なプログラムです。カリキュラムは業界の要望に沿い、能率とインパクトを与えるために最適化されています。 卒業したら終わりではなく、ご自分で持続可能なキャリアを描けるソフトウェアエンジニアに育つプロ グラム構成になっています。 このコースからより多くを学んでもらえるよう、合格した生徒にはコースが始まる前にプリコースカリキュラムを完了してもらいます。 コードクリサリスでは、生徒がプログラミングの基礎を分かっている状態から即戦力となるエンジニアへと飛躍的にスキルを伸ばすことができます。 私たちのコースは、全ての優れているエンジニアが必要であろうフルスタックの基礎が学べるものとなっています。全く異なるテクノロジー(e.g. React/Vue or REST/GraphQL)を教えることで、生徒らは自らこれらのテクノロジーについて自分の意見を持つようになります。また、私たちはメタ学習に注力しており、生徒らは自発的に解決策をみつけ、新しいテクノロジーを自ら身に着けていく環境で過ごします。ソフトスキルの面では、どうすればソフトウェアエンジニアのチーム内で円滑なコミュニケーションがとれるか、どうすれば就活時のテクニカル・ノンテクニカルインタビューでうまく話せるかを教えます。 イマーシブは英語と日本語の両方のプログラムを用意しております。 ※ミッションや到達点は英語のイマーシブプログラムと同じでありながら、日本語で学ぶためにコンテンツを追加・変更しています。 ※次のイマーシブクラスにつきましては、現地開催もしくはオンライン、どちらで受講するか選べます:8月日本語イマーシブ、11月日本語イマーシブ。
    Depositデポジット: ¥100,000 (10%税込)
    Minimum Skill LevelJavaScriptの基本的なプログラミング基礎
    Prep Workイマーシブの入学テストに合格しましたら、イマーシブが始まる前にプリコース(事前課題)を終わらせる必要があります。
    August 10, 2020 - Tokyo Apply by July 13, 2020
    November 2, 2020 - Tokyo Apply by October 5, 2020
  • ファウンデーションズ[日本語/現地開催] - 5週間の初心者向け基礎コース

Start Date July 27, 2020
    LocationTokyo
    ファウンデーションズ[日本語/現地開催]は、学校や会社を続けながら通えるプログラミング初心者向けの5週間のパートタイムのプログラムです。 「たった1ヶ月でフルスタックなWebアプリケーションを開発できるようになる」と謳うプログラムで、本当にソフトウェアエンジニアとして持続可能なキャリアを切り開くことができるのでしょうか?私たちは自走できるソフトウェアエンジニアを育てるプログラムを提供しています。このファウンデーションズでは初心者の方がソフトウェアエンジニアになる一歩を踏み出し、プロレベルを学ぶ入り口に立つプログラムです。 本プログラムは英語と日本語の両方のプログラムを用意しております。 ※日本語でのプログラムでは授業は全て日本語で行いますが、英語の教材も使用するというチャレンジングな内容となっています。ソフトウェアエンジニアとしてのキャリアを築くためには英語のスキルは必要不可欠です。授業やコーディングを通じて少しずつ英語に慣れてもらいつつも、プログラミングはもちろん英語の理解力も高めることを目標としています。 ※新型コロナウィルスの状況を受けまして、5月18日~6月27日のファウンデーションズはオンラインで行われます。
    Tuition Plans通常料金: ¥176,000 (10%税込) 早割料金: ¥158,400 (10%税込)
    Minimum Skill Level受講するにあたって特に必要なスキルはございません。 どなたでも受講できます!
    July 27, 2020 - Tokyo Apply by July 24, 2020
    August 31, 2020 - Tokyo Apply by August 28, 2020
    October 5, 2020 - Tokyo Apply by October 2, 2020
    November 9, 2020 - Tokyo Apply by November 6, 2020
  • Matthew  User Photo
    Matthew • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have had a variety of jobs over the past two decades, none of which were technical. Nor were my previous studies  technical in nature. I was working in regional Queensland and I had become interested in coding. While I had done some some self study, I lacked a coding community to learn from and gain direction from.

After researching a number of bootcamps in America, Australia and Tokyo, I chose to attend Code Chrysalis due to a balance of reasons. Cost, time, syllabus and a recommendation by a friend who is a 10 year veteran of software engineering in Tokyo.

The course provided the structure to learn, progress and gain marketable skills. While the course has projects, goals and deadlines there is still freedom within that framework to explore areas which are of interest. I meet amazing and diverse people from the people in my cohort, other cohorts and the staff who I am still in regular contact with.

My cohort during the three month immersive was a mix of people with engineering backgrounds, other technical backgrounds or no prior technical background like myself. It was 12 weeks of hard work and long hours, but at the end of it I was able to find employment as an engineer in Tokyo and transition into a new career at the age of 43.

Code Chrysalis is about building a community of engineers and providing support, even after the 12 weeks is over. During my job hunt I was able to get advice, book practice interviews and white boarding tests with the staff. I know that even now if I need someone to review my latest CV draft or run a practice technical interview I can contact Code Chrysalis and they will help me out.
  • Hiroyuki Momoi  User Photo
    Hiroyuki Momoi • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Code Chrysalis is an excellent coding bootcamp. There's no doubt that the course curriculum itself is outstanding. You can learn software engineering with the Bay-area latest style while living in Japan. It teaches you to become autonomous.

However, since a lot of ex-students have already written about the application process and what the immersive course is like, I'd like to share the three best things about Code Chrysalis beside the course itself.

1. Psychological safety
    If you want to seriously achieve in something, you should immerse yourself in an intense environment and must get out your comfort zone. And then you need to do try & error until you feel like you got this. To do that, "Okay-to-make-a-mistake" atmosphere is really important. Code Chrysalis knows that and they provides mentoring and takes great care of their student's to build psychological safety atmosphere within the class.

2. Awesome classmate and Networking
    This course is very intense. To be honest, the 12-weeks program was really hard. Since you overcome this hard obstacle together with your classmates and the staff, they become pretty much like family. This friendship is the one of the best things I got from this course. Also they do a lot of meetups, such as giving a tech-talk in the public event, which is part of the course. you can build a wide network of connections through the course by being exposed to the public.

3. International environment
    I think an ONLY-English program is super rare in Japan. Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure there is only one or two international diverse environment in Tokyo. Being Japanese, I think it's really hard to put yourself in an only-English communication environment. But because of this environment, I gained the confidence in my English work for an international company. This is tremendous achievement for me.

• Daenam Kim  User Photo
    Daenam Kim • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I was working for many years as a software engineer in Japan but it was not so challenging. So I wanted and decided to challenge absolutely different things with international people. Luckily I found Code Chrysalis which is perfectly matched to me.

Code Chrysalis gave me many different kind of experiences, not just learning and working with international people but also key things to be an autonomous expert (includes body relational exercises). All I have done here were so valuable, extreme and made me stronger through each curriculum and projects for 3 months. For instance, I was not a person speaking well before people but now I don't have any problem with that because my face has become an iorn mask through bunch of speech. What I want to say is whatever it is such as techs, relationships even games! something you feel uncomfortable, you can make it your comfortable here.

Also you can find a new interest in your life and test it as well. For me, during the course, I found the new interest and got a job where I can do it with international people in Tokyo.

Now it's your turn, be happy!

• Charles  User Photo
    Charles • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I am an American born and raised with some background in Shanghai. After graduating college as an Electrical Engineering major and working at a stale job for a year, I decided that I wanted to do something more challenging and more in demand so I started learning programming in my spare time. I was looking up coding bootcamps when I saw a news article on Code Chrysalis and found that it was a bootcamp in Tokyo. It has always been my dream to work in Tokyo so I thought this was literally the perfect opportunity. I did a bunch of research, found the price to be much cheaper than the popular bootcamps in the Bay Area, and checked to see that the stack that they teach was up-to-date and competitive so I followed my gut and went with it.

It wasn't just all easy moving forwards. Saying that I was challenged during the course is an understatement. Signing up for this bootcamp is 3 months of isolation where you do nothing but code from 9-6 and that's the minimum. Most of my weekends were spent working on sprints, team projects, and preparing a 45 minute tech talk that we present to the public. Code Chrysalis didn't just challenge my technical ability, it also forced me out of my comfort zone completely. They honed our abilities to code, network, communicate with teammates, present to crowds, and most important face new challenges. By the end of the program, I was at the level of a junior developer technically, but I was confident that I could rise the ranks very quickly with what I learned there.

I now have a job in Tokyo at an English speaking startup that sponsors my visa and I literally owe it all to Code Chrysalis. They are not just a bootcamp, but a network for jobs, the Tokyo tech scene, friends, and games. I cannot recommend it enough.

• Yuma Sumi  User Photo
    Yuma Sumi • Software engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

A year ago, I was a professional ballet dancer, who did not even know the difference between software and hardware. Now I am working as software engineer at the startup in Tokyo. Can you imagine?

It was last summer when I joined Foundations Course of Code Chrysalis, one-month curriculum of JavaScript for an absolute beginner. I was very impressed by the depth of teachers' understanding in JS - but more than that, I could not believe they are just the graduates from CC's three-month program, having learned all they know just by attending to it - and that is, one and only Immersive Course.

So Foundations course was already more than what I expected in terms of the quality of the exercises and lectures, and which led me to the "successful application" of Immersive right after I graduated from Foundations.

Following 1-2 months of the comprehensive pre-course, the most memorable 3 months started. From Monday to Friday, from 9 to 6, everything was about coding. It was very intense, but I never felt down due to the lack of my skill and experience, because I had warm support from the instructors and the founders, and knew it was not only me but my classmates who were going through many challenges.

This journey is definitely not easy, and you might not even notice how far you have come. And that is exactly how I felt when I, to my surprise, got a job offer, only 2 days after my graduation.

The fact that this incredible community in Tokyo is growing rapidly, and all the graduates are very friendly and helpful to each other, means that you will have more chances than the previous cohorts to find an engineering job in Japan, as more and more graduates started working as a future CTO in Japan. You might think that you can learn coding anywhere, and which may be true, but here at Code Chrysalis, you will be immersed more than you have ever imagined.

• Changed my career
    - 10/22/2018
    Alexander Ogilvie  User Photo
    Alexander Ogilvie • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Before I discovered Code Chrysalis, I was working as an English teacher for an elementary school in Japan. I really enjoyed my job, but there was no chance for me to progress. As such, I didn't really feel like I had a career at all.

I discovered Code Chrysalis in July of 2017, when I attended a meetup called 'Intro to JavaScript'. It was my first encounter with coding, and I immediately knew it was something I enjoyed. I spend around 6 months learning by myself, before successfully passing the interview test and getting a spot at CC.

Before the course began, there was a comprehensive 'precourse' of materials to complete. This gave me plenty of work to do, and ensured a more even knowledge level once the course began.

The course itself is divided into two parts. In the first six weeks, you learn about every aspect of full-stack software development. Front-end, back-end, database, a grounding in computer science, algorithmic problem-solving, UX/UI design, and pair-programming. You're introduced to a wide range of technologies which are actually used in industry.

The last six weeks are dedicated to taking what you've learned, and building things with it. You'll build a minimum of three full-stack applications, and are given almost total freedom in what to build and how to approach the projects. Your only limit is your imagination!

One week is spent building a full-stack app using a language you've never touched before. This was intimidating, but it showed me that even though the language might be totally alien, the concepts of full-stack can be carried over.

Interspersed throughout the course are soft-skill classes. Things like resume writing, technical and non-technical interview practice, whiteboarding sessions, and peer-review. These are the sorts of skills that are very difficult to practice alone.

The last few weeks of the course are dedicated to a single project. I was amazed at what it was possible to build given a limited time and a few other equally passionate people.

The staff are very attentive and supportive; they really care whether you succeed. And I met five other incredibly talented students who will be my friends for life.

The support didn't end when the course was over. To this day, I still receive advice on career advancement, notice of exciting opportunities, and a support group that is invaluable.

Nine months ago I was an English teacher. Now I'm a Full-Stack Software Engineer. Change your career.

• Mike D  User Photo
    Mike D • Lead Database Developer • Student Verified via GitHub

After working as a DBA for many years I had the unique opportunity to spend the time to learn some new skills. I had some options for this, but I will always be glad that I chose Code Chrysalis. The technologies we learned (JavaScript, Git, Express.js, Node.js, GraphQL, REdis, Kafka, the list goes on) more than met the expectations of what I wanted to learn, but what I hadn't expected was learning a new mindset.

The immersive course isn't just about learning how to write JavaScript well, it is learning how to think about technology projects and probably most of all learning how to learn in a new way. I was not comfortable for much of my time in the program, but it pushed me just enough to learn more than I ever have in such a short period of time. And to then use what I learned to build things. It also reminded me that being comfortable is not always a good thing in an IT career.

Lastly, the most surprising aspect of Code Chrysalis wasn't the tech that I learned, but the camaraderie I found with people taking a similar journey.

• Takahiro Morita  User Photo
    Takahiro Morita • Technical Solutions Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I have graduated from the immersive program on June 2018.

The reasons I selected Code Chrysalis from a lot of similar programs in Japan are:

1. JavaScript: The program uses JavaScript as the main language because JavaScript is the only language work in web browsers.
    2. Fast-learning skill: Engineers are expected to have a lot of knowledge and experience, here you experience like a drinking water from a fire hose. You cannot avoid getting this skill.
    3. Small group: Some boot camp starts with a lot of students which I don't prefer. I expect staffs pay attention to each student and everyone has chances equally.
    4. Hack Reactor graduates: Hack Reactor which is very very famous boot camp in the US and delivers excellent engineers in the giant tech companies. Hack reactor graduates work here, they know what students to do to succeed as an engineer.

What I received from Code Chrysalis are uncountable, but if I select 7 things. Here you are.

1. 5 capstone projects: You build your own projects with various technologies that help a lot of ways not only for job hunting but also for real working. In my case, I have learned time management and MVP concept(Minimal Viable Project) that helps a lot when you are assigned into real projects when you start to work.
    2. Helpful support from friendly staffs: During the program, I have faced tough challenges to catch up on concepts and technologies such as asynchronous and React, which all of the students with the same generations with me learned them quickly. However, staffs are friendly you can talk whenever you want and ask questions to make sure your understanding. Also, they helped me with building tailored assignments.
    3. The latest technologies: Technologies we students learn are kept updating by skillful engineering staffs. They know what students need to learn now. We can stay up to date to survive as an engineer. And going through the program you start to enjoy learning new things by yourself, you cannot stop learning new things during your off-time. I learned webGL, MobX, Three.js that helps a lot while looking for a job by the way.
    4. Networking: During the program, you have a lot of chances to meet with tech leaders that help a lot when you start your job search. The chances are everywhere, sometimes you meet at school because they want to meet with students who passed an enrollment assessment, sometimes you meet at your own Meetup(we take place our own Meetup by the way), sometimes out of school.
    5. Job assistance: Although the school does not guarantee to get a job, staffs support students to find a job with a variety of supports such as whiteboarding, interview questions and so on even after you graduated from Code Chrysalis.
    6. Get confidence as an engineer: In my opinion, this is the biggest benefit what I acquire through the program. I changed my career from a mechanical engineer, so I couldn’t get confidence as an engineer because I have no experience. But to start something new, all you need as a first step is a confidence. Here, in Code Chrysalis you expose a lot of challenges with your team every day, and those made me succeed.
    7. New family: This is a sort of networking, but you find closer people. Because you expose yourself to different background students and staffs with tough challenges for 12 weeks. You discuss, argue, quarrel, grow up and drink(Yay!!) every day, you cannot buy this bond with money. And it continues after you graduated from the program. Also, you find different approaches that you have never come up with yourself, which helped me to have a habit to read source code in OSS.

Additional, before applying for this program I amazed with the tuition fee that looks a bit pricey, but now I regret why I did not apply for this program earlier and I am very happy working with talented colleagues with unbelievable salary and benefits in the international environment traveling abroad.

• Beau Dobbin  User Photo
    Beau Dobbin • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

While teaching English for many years in Japan and working on some technical projects at my school, I discovered that I love programming. I wanted to change careers. I spent many months preparing on my own for interviewing for software engineering positions in Japan. When the time came, I discovered that I was *almost* ready. In the interviews that I had, I was able to hold my own, but I was missing the spark to inspire a job offer.

It was clear that I needed more experience with modern web technologies and software engineering skills. I explored the available coding bootcamps in Tokyo and came across Code Chrysalis. I was immediately attracted to their cool application process, which required submitting code and subsequently doing pair programming with the CTO. From the moment I met Yan and Kani (the co-founders), it was obvious that they knew what they were doing. I knew that the financial cost of attending the school and being a full-time student was going to be an investment, rather than a risk.

During the course, we covered so many software engineering skills. Algorithms, pair programming, back-end web servers, reactive front-end frameworks, databases, NoSQL, Agile software development, whiteboarding, and more. We even covered other professional skills like interpersonal communication, presentations, interview preparation, and making a super polished resume.

To me, the most valuable skill that I learned was how to go from "not knowing how to do something" to "being able to do that thing well". For the whole duration of the course, you are pushed to learn new things. Not through knowledge transfer from the teachers, but through repetitive practice. After learning so many new things hands-on, I feel comfortable and confident continuing to learn new difficult things throughout my career.

The job preparation part of the course paid off really well for me. One of the guest lecturers at the course was a CTO at a company in Tokyo. He also attended a few meetups during my time at Code Chrysalis. After the course, he offered me an interview, and eventually a position at his company. It's going really well.

It's not often that working adults get the opportunity to spend 3 months learning something new full-time. During my time at Code Chrysalis, I didn't take for granted for one moment that I was doing something rare, special, and important. Code Chrysalis helped me to make a huge positive change in my life. If you challenge yourself, put in sincere effort, and have an open mind, you can do the same.

• Masataka Shintoku  User Photo
    Masataka Shintoku • Software engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Code Chrysalis tells you not just engineering but presentation, networking and mindset.

As to software engineering, you can learn fundamentals, frontend and backend to be a full stack software engineer. When you learn each element, you need to understand the concept, implement example applications, and explain what you have understood through pair programming. Staffs help you to do so, but they won't give everything you need. You need to google for anything you need, which is necessary for any engineer.

As an engineer, you also need to tell your opinion, explain what you are implementing clearly. In Code Chrysalis, you can have a lot of opportunities like lightning talk, presentation and something like speaking about anything in front of people. You can exchange many feedbacks for improving yourself by staffs and classmates.

You can get many job searching helps like how to write your resume, practicing interviews including technique. I can ask them even after my graduation. If you have or acheive a lot of skills, you need to show them. You can know how to show your ability better way.

• Tsuyoshi Maeda  User Photo
    Tsuyoshi Maeda • Free lance engineer • Student Verified via GitHub

It's not for beginners but if you have passion of learning software skills I think you can make it until the end of this course.

In my case, I have an experience of programming for about 6 years so actually, I focused on getting communication skills in English. But I learned modern software development skills a lot such as TDD, Heroku CI, GraphQL and so on.

The reason why I put rate 4 in "Overall Experience" and "Curriculum" is that I felt easy in the beginning of this course but it was getting more difficult.

• Great experience
    - 11/10/2017
    Saba Ahmadi  User Photo
    Saba Ahmadi • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I traveled from Iran to join this bootcamp, It was totally great experience!☺️

The good point about this bootcamp is that they teach you how to learn fast.

You will experience extreme programming, Agile and so many other stuffs. It's like working in a real company. You'll learn pair programming, TDD, team work.

It's not like that you join this bootcamp and just improve your coding skills, you also learn about soft skills which you should be aware of for having better quality of working experience.

It's completely international group and they also accept international students and if you join the bootcamp from another country they try their best to help you and support you!

I totally recommend it to anyone with codeing experience.

In my pint of view, people who wants to join them should defanately consider the location! Tokyo is really nice city which is really worth visiting☺️👌🏻