BaseCamp by Knoyd is a full-time 8-week data science bootcamp located in Vienna, Austria. Coursework focuses on deepening students’ theoretical knowledge and enhancing practical skills in the areas of technology(Python /R /SQL), statistics (statistical inference & A/B testing), machine learning (ensemble methods), and development processes (experimentation and deployment). The 8 weeks is split into lectures, workshops, and projects.
The only prerequisites are advanced English (at least C1 level) and good abstract thinking. There are no other requirements regarding age, skills or formal education. The participant must be eligible to study and live in EU countries.
Recent Basecamp News
- R - Python - Linux command line tools - Code conventions and complexity
- Minimum Skill Level
- No coding experience required
ML Pipeline Supervised algorithms Unsupervised algorithms Recommender engines Graph analytics, including SNA Deep learning Natural language processing Ensembling algorithms Online learning
Data pulling & wrangling
SQL - relational databases, introduction to SQL code NoSQL - overview of most popular databases APIs - how to pull data from APIs, introduction to the topic Data wrangling Introduction to scraping
Data at Scale
Introduction to Hadoop and MapReduce Spark Hive/Pig Basics to cloud computing (AWS)
Business site of Data Science
Making a write-up Making a codebook Presentations - How to present the results
Basics of Math, including: - Linear Algebra - Probability - Statistics (Hypothesis testing, A/B testing) - Basic Optimization: Parameter optimizatio, stochastic gradient descent
Principles Exploratory data analysis Basic visualizations
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Our latest on Basecamp
Welcome to the July 2016 Course Report monthly coding bootcamp news roundup! Each month we look at all the happenings from the coding bootcamp world from new bootcamps to big fundraising announcements, to interesting trends. This month the biggest trends this month are initiatives to increase the diversity in tech, some huge investments in various bootcamps, and more tech giants launching their own coding classes. Read below or listen to our latest Coding Bootcamp News Roundup Podcast!Continue Reading →