BaseCamp by Knoyd is a full-time 8-week data science bootcamp located in Bratislava, Slovakia, and online. What differentiates BaseCamp from other data science bootcamps is that they teach students by using data problems from real companies. BaseCamp doesn't only teach students how to juggle data and solve problems, the school prepares students for real-world cases and teaches them how to navigate the business side of data science. Coursework focuses on deepening students’ theoretical knowledge and enhancing practical skills in the areas of technology (Python /R /SQL), statistics (statistical inference & A/B testing), machine learning (ensemble methods), and development processes (experimentation and deployment). The 8 weeks is split into lectures, workshops, and projects.
The only prerequisites are advanced English (at least C1 level) and good abstract thinking. There are no other requirements regarding age, skills or formal education. The participant must be eligible to study and live in EU countries.
Recent Basecamp Reviews: Rating 5.0
Recent Basecamp News
In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week8 Weeks
Start Date March 2, 2020 Cost $5,000 Class size 10 Location BratislavaBaseCamp is an immersive full-time 8-week program for prospective data scientists. During 8 weeks you will deepen your theoretical knowledge, enhance your practical skills and become a qualified data scientist ready for your exciting data science career.
Deposit 500 EUR within one week of acceptance, 2000 EUR prior to the beginning of the bootcamp. Tuition Plans First half due before the start of the program and second half due after first two weeks of the program.
Minimum Skill Level The only prerequisits are advanced English (at least C1 level) and good abstract thinking. There are no other requirements regarding age, skills or formal education. The participant must be eligible to live in EU countries. Prep Work We want all the students to be on the same entry level, so we reserve the right to send out some materials to go through before the bootcamp. Placement Test No Interview Yes
More Start DatesMarch 2, 2020 - Bratislava Apply by January 31, 2020
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $49 Class size N/A Location OnlineLearn Data Science with our custom curated curriculum.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $299 Class size N/A Location OnlineLearn Data Science with mentors and practice on real companies' projects.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
6 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Basecamp Spring 2018- 5/10/2018George Burry • Freelancer • Graduate • Campus: Bratislava • Verified via LinkedIn
Doing the Basecamp data science bootcamp was a gerat decision, because it brought me a long way in the space of only two months and I am so much more confident with data and machine learning now. This is all thanks to the patience and encouragement of Juraj and the other mentors. Topics were taught by experts in their respective fields and were taught in an engaging way. Even though some of the topics were difficult to grasp, Juraj went out of his way to make sure we understood the most important points. I really enjoyed it and I have taken so much away from the experience.
- Basecamp.ai Spring 2019- 5/29/2019Ivan Todorovic
Attend Basecamp.ai Spring 2019 class. Curriculum is excellent and aligned with industry needs. Almost all the instructors are exceptionally good, and what is important they are Data Science practitioners, not only lecturers. Some Python knowledge is highly recommended before applying, otherwise you may have trouble keeping track with exercises for curriculum that covers such a long list of subjects.
- BaseCamp Spring 2018- 6/11/2018Karolina Swistak • Graduate • Course: BaseCamp • Campus: Bratislava
I am coming from geoscience background and by taking part in this bootcamp wanted to make a career change. It has been intense 8 weeks, great curriculum as in the selection of topics, right mix of practice vs lecture and finally the project at the end of the course.
I really recommend it to anyone who is looking for a course with a full coverage experience in Data Science. Now I am confident to make the switch.
- Basecamp Spring 2018- 5/9/2018Marcelo Bohrer • Graduate • Course: BaseCamp • Campus: Bratislava
Basecamp was overall great! The instructors were very knowledgeable and easy-going, they were all very excited to teach. I couldn’t believe a few weeks into the program how much I had learned. The selection of topics was great, as well as the balance between theory and practice
The small class size allows for very attentive mentoring. The final project is a great way to get some exposure to real data and dive deeper into some topics.
In my opinion the intense 8 weeks of training are equivalent to some 2 years of moocs and online training (of course one has to work hard). I would definitely recommend Basecamp to anyone starting a career in data science!
During the bootcamp we interacted with data scientists inside and outside the class, this was a great opportunity to get to know people and learn about their day to day as data scientists. Basecamp is a great way to learn a lot, have some fun and get to know the charming Bratislava.
- Basecamp Spring 2018- 5/8/2018Cliff Cunningham • Consultant • Graduate • Course: BaseCamp • Campus: Bratislava
- Basecamp 1st batch (Winter 2017)- 4/7/2017Kiril • Student • Course: BaseCamp • Campus: Vienna
I had to quit my job to participate in the Basecamp. I was aware that it was a risk because it was the first batch of the Basecamp but I did not regret it at all. Overall, I really enjoyed the Basecamp experience! It helped me bridge the gap between the online courses and the first job. Above all the final project was great. It was not just another toy exercise but a collaboration with a start-up including their real world data. In the end, this was the key to get the my first job as a data scientist. And I was even lucky to meet my future employer at the hiring day. I can imagine that the next batches will be even better.