barcelona-code-school-logo

Barcelona Code School

Barcelona, Online

Barcelona Code School

Barcelona Code School offers a 9-week full-time Full-Stack JavaScript Bootcamp in Barcelona, Spain and online. Barcelona Code School's curriculum is focused on using JavaScript with Node.js, Express, MongoDB, React.js and React Native. This Java-Script-focused curriculum will maximize the demand for a student's skills upon graduation. Classes are Monday through Friday from 9:30am until 7:30pm with small group courses where students can receive one-on-one attention from their instructors and master their daily lessons. Located in a prime office space in the center of the city, students can focus on their coursework and excel in the classroom. Besides in-person bootcamp, Barcelona Code School also launched an online version with live streaming lectures and Q&A sessions, weekly online 1:1 sessions and continuous support for the remote students.

Barcelona Code School wants students from all levels to feel comfortable when they arrive and prevent them from falling behind. Additionally, students will receive CV assistance to help them apply for their dream careers. They will also have access to the alumni network during the course and once they graduate to communicate with other members in the tech community. The school believes in life-long career support and assists students both before and after the course is completed.

Because an intensive, coding bootcamp can be overwhelming, Barcelona Code School organizes optional evening and weekend activities for students to provide brief physical and mental breaks. Activities include paddle boarding, rock climbing, and yoga. Nonetheless, they remind students to keep their studies as their main priority in order to succeed.

Recent Barcelona Code School Reviews: Rating 4.65

all (51) reviews for Barcelona Code School →

Recent Barcelona Code School News

• JavaScript Full-Stack Bootcamp

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, Mobile, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, iOS, Front End
    LocationBarcelona
    Zero to hero in 9 weeks Monday to Friday, 9:30 till 18:30 The course is taught in English Financing options are available Take a fast track to web and mobile development world The JavaScript Full-Stack Bootcamp takes place over nine weeks and teaches an up-to-date curriculum to maximize the demand for your skills when you graduate as a full-stack web developer! What you will learn: JavaScript, Node, Express, React.js, React Native, MongoDB How to build fast, modern, dynamic and responsive websites Best web development and UI/UX practices Programming with JavaScript for front-end, back-end and mobile! React framework, used by Facebook and Instagram! Storing you data in MongoDB Using external APIs Version control with Git and GitHub Deployment of your apps for web and mobile (iOS + Android) Team and pair programming, programming logic, algorithmic approach
    Deposit10%
    Bank Sabadell
    Tuition PlansStandard payment plan: 10% upon the registration, 45% 1 after registration, 45% before the program's starting day.
    ScholarshipPlease check available scholarships on our website: https://barcelonacodeschool.com/barcelona-code-school/javascript-full-stack-bootcamp/
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginners
    Prep WorkYes, beginner-friendly intro to HTML, CSS, JS
  • JavaScript Full-Stack Online Bootcamp

Fully immersive online experience HTML, CSS, Node.js, Express, MongoDB, React.js, React Native The course is taught in English Learn the same track we teach at the in-person JavaScript Full-Stack Bootcamp from the comfort of your home Video lessons, continuous support and 1:1 sessions What you will learn: – JavaScript, Node, Express, React.js, React Native, MongoDB – How to build fast, modern, dynamic and responsive websites – Best web development and UI/UX practices – Programming with JavaScript for front-end, back-end and mobile! – React framework, used by Facebook and Instagram! – Storing you data in MongoDB – Using external APIs – Version control with Git and GitHub – Deployment of your apps for web and mobile (iOS + Android) – Team and pair programming, programming logic, algorithmic approach How does it work? – Join us everyday in the morning for the live streamed lectures – After that receive daily materials and exercises – After launch join for the questions and answers session live – Schedule weekly 1:1 sessions with your tutor – Stay connected through Slack with tutors and entire class – Have unlimited access to the recorded lectures and course materials Wondering about day-to-day workflow? – 10:00AM Live streaming lecture introducing a new topic: A lecture covering part of the curriculum from the BCS instructor with live coding sessions and interaction with students to keep you engaged. – 10:30AM Exercises, practicing a new concept and working on the projects. – 04:30PM Live questions and answers with your group and tutors.
    Deposit1900€
    Prep WorkYes, around 40 hours of pre-course
  • Programming with JavaScript

Git, JavaScript
    LocationBarcelona
    – Intensive in-person hands-on training – 8 days of pure JavaScript coding – Daily classes 9:30 till 18:30 – The course is taught in English – From beginner to advanced level – Learn the 'language of the web' on one go What you'll learn – Variables – Comparison operators – Built-in methods like console.log, prompt, alert, – Data types – Arrays – Strings – Loops – Conditionals – Functions – Objects – ES6 and recursion – Array methods – Practicing advanced JavaScript The outcomes After this course you will have a strong understanding of the logic, syntax and usage of JavaScript. You will be ready to move one to add these new skills to your web applications and start learning any JS library, should it be React.js, Angular, Vue, Ember or anything else. Ability to solve programming challenges with JS by splitting them into logical steps and using algorithms for finding the best solution. Tuition 1200€ 100% is paid upon registration. After that you get the pre-course materials right away and can start working on them. They include some beginner-friendly introduction to the basic JS concepts to get familiar with them and get the proper mindset for the course.
    Deposit100% is paid upon registration
    Prep WorkYes, beginner-friendly intro to JavaScript
  • UX/UI Design Bootcamp

HTML, JavaScript, Design, User Experience Design, CSS
    LocationBarcelona
    Intensive in-person hands-on training Zero to hero in 9 weeks Monday to Friday, 8:30 - 17:30 The course is taught in English Overview In this UX/UI Design course, we are going to go through all the phases of a UX Project exploring both the theoretical and the practical side of each step. The course is aimed at people who want to transition into a UX design career as well as visual designers and project/product managers that want to learn the processes used in the field of Experience Design. What our students say “The course was a lot of fun to do! Absolutely worth it if you are looking to experience and learn UI/UX design. Instead of spending too much time on theory we jumped right on getting practical. Marina Tudela is friendly and explains everything very clear. She teaches you how to really get inside the head of the user/customer. Muchissimas gracias Marina!” — R da Silva “Very good UX course that helped me be sure that I want to activate in this field. I liked the overall environment and things we learnt.” — Vasilica Perianu Why UX In today’s digital world people’s experiences have become a crucial aspect for every product, company or organization. The transversality of the UX field affects all areas of business as well as the technology and its development. This bootcamp will help you know your users better, design products that are truly functional and that people love, learn the proper design process and provide designs for real life problems. What you'll learn Design Thinking, Business Model Design, Value Proposition Design Agile, Lean UX Gamestorming, Ideation, Workshop leadership User Research, Competitive Research, Synthesizing Research Creating Personas, User Journies (Stories) Wireframing, Prototyping (Low/Hi), Usability Testing Information Architecture, Navigation, Flow, Funneling Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, InVision Studio (Limited), Flinto UI Design Best Practices, Typography and Iconography UI Design for Responsive, Adaptive and Native applications Foundation in HTML, CSS, JavaScript and Bootstrap The outcomes You will be able to design interactive products that are easy to use, user-centered and that people love. You will learn to design great experiences for real products that can improve everyone’s life. If you are an entrepreneur, you will gain the necessary skills to bring your product to the next level by building the best experience for your customers. If you are a developer, product manager, QA or any other field that requires direct contact with users you will learn the necessary skills to improve your seniority level and make your position more valuable. By the end of the course, you will have 3 completed projects ready to be included in your portfolio. Option to land a UX job within one of our hiring partners (internship or junior depending on the previous level of expertise in the technological field). Your instructor Marina Tudela has been working as a digital designer for several years, the last ones focusing just on the UX and UI of the products. As a designer, she tries to focus on the balance between usability and visual harmony. She has worked at digital studios like Antiloop and London-based startups like Joivy. Nowadays Marina works as Senior UX Designer at Haufe and also at Barcelona Code School teaching UI/UX Design. You can have a look at some of her work here. Tuition cost 5800€ 10% paid upon registration, the remaining is split in two payments due before course begins. Scholarships: -500€ Students over 40: because we know it’s harder to commit to learning at a certain age and we are willing to help. Single parents: because it’s a tough job to raise kids alone, keep it up. We are here to support you! Women in tech: so far 42% of our graduates are women and we want to reach the equality! How to apply for a scholarship: After signing up online you will get a student's form to fill out where you can select the aplicable scholarship. Your final tuition quote would be calculated based on that and you will get links for making the remaining payments. Edie Windsor Coding Scholarship The full scholarship, named for Edie Windsor a programming pioneer at IBM and LGBTQ activist, helps LGBTQ women kickstart a new career in technology. Learn more and apply here.
    Deposit580€
    ScholarshipStudents over 40 Single parents Women in tech
  • Ting • Graduate

Coming from a totally different background , doing a bootcamp wasn't an easy decision for me.But this is definitely the best decision I've ever made during my 18 month life in Barcelona. I've always been interested in programming but never really took it seriously until this bootcamp. I found my real passion and I'm proud of myself finishing this super intense course with a few presentable projects. The instructors are very nice and always willing to help whenever you have a question, so don't hesitate to ask questions! They are always trying to make sure nobody is falling behind. The course is well organized and they are constantly improving the curriculum to make sure you can learn the most trendy and useful technologies. Anyway, don't waste your time here reading reviews, just go sign up for a course and start an amazing journey!!

• Ross • Graduate

If you are looking to change career and get a job in tech I would definitely recommend the JavaScript Full-Stack Bootcamp at Barcelona Code School.

The course is challenging and intense but the instructors are attentive and always on hand if you have any questions or doubts. For me the bootcamp approach was a very new learning experience but I did enjoy it and proud of getting through it. The projects are very hands on and a great way to test your skills.

Be prepared to work hard and don’t underestimate the course. However with effort and determination you will enjoy the experience and be amazed at how much you learn!

• Saskia

George is a very serious about his course. As a good teacher he makes sure that everyone gets as much out of it as possible!

I wanted to get overall insight into Wordpress and was happy that George had an answer to all my questions though they sometimes might have been a bit off-track.

This course is hands-on and is ideal if you already have a website you want to make fully thought-out. If you work persistently between the classes you can actually get the whole website done in the three days!

Definitely value for money!

• Goran • Student

My name is Goran and I'm one of current students at Barcelona Code School.

I will try to describe you my impressions of JavaScript Bootcamp.

I have some previous experience with web development so I have some knowledge of HTML, CSS, JavaScript and jQuery. Problem is that knowledge is partial and was acquired ad hoc so I was hoping Bootcamp could give me a more solid foundation of that area and a systematic approach for acquiring required knowledge.

This is my fourth week and by now I can tell that this course really fulfilled my expectations and even exceeded them. First, it gave me a good perspective at the field and put pieces at the right place. Then, it have deepened each particular subject to details many of which were unknown to me previously or not enough understood. Every lesson has its accompanying exercises and these exercises  are great because they further expand details of specific topic and allows you to see if you correctly understood something or gives you some another view of possible solutions to problems. I think you have to give the best to try to solve exercises by yourself but it's also nice that if you stuck you can ask for help from instructor or from other students. Solved exercises are reviewed by instructor and that additionally resolves possible uncertainties.

Whole course is well organized and guided, there are several communication tools used. At start you get BCS account at Gmail and by that mail you are receiving all important information. Then you create a Slack account which is tool for more immediate communication, for getting answers to questions, to see code snippets, to see ideas and solutions of other students etc.
    Then you have Trello for exercices review and discussions about solutions/projects. All learning materials are presented at DropBox Paper.

Each live lesson is available at BCS YouTube channel and there you can also find shortened form of lessons so called screencasts.
    Since I'm employed and I can attend the course mostly in afternoon/evening hours I didn't know how it will function but it showed up that is not a problem because things are organized flexibly and I can attend lectures and do exercises/projects when is viable to my time schedule.

You will also get a recommendations for additional resources like reading lists, suggestions for development tools or great sites like Codewars where you can practice your programming skills.

Although I'm not physically present at School I can feel positive and motivating atmosphere, and school staff is always ready to answer the questions and adjust to possible demands as well as to give advice in which direction would be best to go.

• Sean

I thought the course was great and George was a brilliant instructor.

I came across this course in my search to fill some knowledge gaps. The cost was reasonable and reviews of the school in general were very positive.

I am not from a technical background, however the amount I picked up in 3 days was quite astonishing. Wordpress is so widely used, that it was great to come away with a decent amount of knowledge to be able to both build my own website as well as understand how to assess other websites and figure out what will and won't work on my own.

George took his time to explain everything fully but managed to keep to schedule and complete all of the modules of the course within the 3 days. I'd recommend this to anybody wishing to understand the basics of Wordpress and how to go about building their first website.

• I made it
    - 9/8/2017
    Saod • Marketing guru • Graduate

I took a web development bootcamp because of the stack they teach. I looked for the bootcamp that teaches React and BCS appeared to be one of a few doing that. The approach they use is friendly for the beginners and they don’t leave anyone falling behind. With React we’ve built a mobile app during the course which was one of my goals and then a large final web app. I learned tons of stuff and it improved my freelancer’s skills dramatically.

The daily workflow is intensive and challenging, it’s all about writing tons of code and practicing with projects, no useless talks or useless lectures, everything is hands-on and very practical. The async stuff we did is mind blowing but once you figure that out you feel like a codestar. I’ve always been good with computers but this took me to another level.

Make sure to ask all the questions you have during the course because the instructors are super friendly and helpful. I also practiced on weekends even though some people didn’t. I think it helped me. Honestly, I didn’t think I’d be capable of learning the server-side and databases since I’ve never touched them in my life. Turns out it’s not that impossible. And I should mention the campus they have - it’s a really nice place, calm and quiet with a terrace and everything new.
  • I liked
    - 9/7/2017
    Hanna • Designer • Graduate

Everything was very good. I liked a lot.

• Zach • Lawyer • Student

Hi!

I've always loved programming, but made a carreer as a lawyer. This year I decided to give it a try. I needed a good programing school, but I didn't want to do all the things that they do in those huge cool coding schools, like going to the bar or whatever. So I found a school with less students, sure, where I could concentrate on learning without any stupid distractions. This is totally it. I mean I just don't have time to go to the bars, I'm to busy writing code. And now I'm starting to really get it.

• Alexander • architect • Graduate

I was all alone on my course, but it was great. First, I was surprised, sure, but then it was so great and so hard even like this, that I decided to like it. Thanks guys.

• Sasha • Student

I found exactly what I was looking for. I couldn't be more comfortable as I've been learning coding from the very beginning. Sure, there are some other coding schools in BCN and I've been to almost each one of them but. I couldn't imagine myself in a group of like 20 people where everybody knows how to write a code except for me. Here I was among other 5 people and it was easier and safer.

• It's just fine
    - 9/4/2017
    Jessika • Student

I don't know what am I supposed to say, really. The school is all right. I've chosen it for the location, to not to go far from home everyday. So the location is good, yes. What else. The course itself is practical. I immediately start to use new information on what I'm working on. The tutors - they're fine. So it's really all right.

• It's worth it
    - 9/3/2017
    Lia • Student

I've just spent 9 weeks learning JavaScript in BCS. What can I say. It's definitely worth it. I started as a beginner, but I've never felt stupid or unattended.