barcelona-code-school-logo

Barcelona Code School

Barcelona, Online

Barcelona Code School

Barcelona Code School offers a 9-week full-time Full-Stack JavaScript Bootcamp in Barcelona, Spain and online. Barcelona Code School's curriculum is focused on using JavaScript with Node.js, Express, MongoDB, React.js and React Native. This Java-Script-focused curriculum will maximize the demand for a student's skills upon graduation. Classes are Monday through Friday from 9:30am until 7:30pm with small group courses where students can receive one-on-one attention from their instructors and master their daily lessons. Located in a prime office space in the center of the city, students can focus on their coursework and excel in the classroom. Besides in-person bootcamp, Barcelona Code School also launched an online version with live streaming lectures and Q&A sessions, weekly online 1:1 sessions and continuous support for the remote students.

Barcelona Code School wants students from all levels to feel comfortable when they arrive and prevent them from falling behind. Additionally, students will receive CV assistance to help them apply for their dream careers. They will also have access to the alumni network during the course and once they graduate to communicate with other members in the tech community. The school believes in life-long career support and assists students both before and after the course is completed.

Because an intensive, coding bootcamp can be overwhelming, Barcelona Code School organizes optional evening and weekend activities for students to provide brief physical and mental breaks. Activities include paddle boarding, rock climbing, and yoga. Nonetheless, they remind students to keep their studies as their main priority in order to succeed.

Recent Barcelona Code School Reviews: Rating 4.63

all (49) reviews for Barcelona Code School →

Recent Barcelona Code School News

• JavaScript Full-Stack Bootcamp

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, Mobile, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, iOS, Front End
    LocationBarcelona
    Zero to hero in 9 weeks Monday to Friday, 9:30 till 18:30 The course is taught in English Financing options are available Take a fast track to web and mobile development world The JavaScript Full-Stack Bootcamp takes place over nine weeks and teaches an up-to-date curriculum to maximize the demand for your skills when you graduate as a full-stack web developer! What you will learn: JavaScript, Node, Express, React.js, React Native, MongoDB How to build fast, modern, dynamic and responsive websites Best web development and UI/UX practices Programming with JavaScript for front-end, back-end and mobile! React framework, used by Facebook and Instagram! Storing you data in MongoDB Using external APIs Version control with Git and GitHub Deployment of your apps for web and mobile (iOS + Android) Team and pair programming, programming logic, algorithmic approach
    Deposit10%
    Bank Sabadell
    Tuition PlansStandard payment plan: 10% upon the registration, 45% 1 after registration, 45% before the program's starting day.
    ScholarshipPlease check available scholarships on our website: https://barcelonacodeschool.com/barcelona-code-school/javascript-full-stack-bootcamp/
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginners
    Prep WorkYes, beginner-friendly intro to HTML, CSS, JS
  • JavaScript Full-Stack Online Bootcamp

Fully immersive online experience HTML, CSS, Node.js, Express, MongoDB, React.js, React Native The course is taught in English Learn the same track we teach at the in-person JavaScript Full-Stack Bootcamp from the comfort of your home Video lessons, continuous support and 1:1 sessions What you will learn: – JavaScript, Node, Express, React.js, React Native, MongoDB – How to build fast, modern, dynamic and responsive websites – Best web development and UI/UX practices – Programming with JavaScript for front-end, back-end and mobile! – React framework, used by Facebook and Instagram! – Storing you data in MongoDB – Using external APIs – Version control with Git and GitHub – Deployment of your apps for web and mobile (iOS + Android) – Team and pair programming, programming logic, algorithmic approach How does it work? – Join us everyday in the morning for the live streamed lectures – After that receive daily materials and exercises – After launch join for the questions and answers session live – Schedule weekly 1:1 sessions with your tutor – Stay connected through Slack with tutors and entire class – Have unlimited access to the recorded lectures and course materials Wondering about day-to-day workflow? – 10:00AM Live streaming lecture introducing a new topic: A lecture covering part of the curriculum from the BCS instructor with live coding sessions and interaction with students to keep you engaged. – 10:30AM Exercises, practicing a new concept and working on the projects. – 04:30PM Live questions and answers with your group and tutors.
    Deposit1900€
    Prep WorkYes, around 40 hours of pre-course
  • Programming with JavaScript

Git, JavaScript
    LocationBarcelona
    – Intensive in-person hands-on training – 8 days of pure JavaScript coding – Daily classes 9:30 till 18:30 – The course is taught in English – From beginner to advanced level – Learn the 'language of the web' on one go What you'll learn – Variables – Comparison operators – Built-in methods like console.log, prompt, alert, – Data types – Arrays – Strings – Loops – Conditionals – Functions – Objects – ES6 and recursion – Array methods – Practicing advanced JavaScript The outcomes After this course you will have a strong understanding of the logic, syntax and usage of JavaScript. You will be ready to move one to add these new skills to your web applications and start learning any JS library, should it be React.js, Angular, Vue, Ember or anything else. Ability to solve programming challenges with JS by splitting them into logical steps and using algorithms for finding the best solution. Tuition 1200€ 100% is paid upon registration. After that you get the pre-course materials right away and can start working on them. They include some beginner-friendly introduction to the basic JS concepts to get familiar with them and get the proper mindset for the course.
    Deposit100% is paid upon registration
    Prep WorkYes, beginner-friendly intro to JavaScript
  • UX/UI Design Bootcamp

HTML, JavaScript, Design, User Experience Design, CSS
    LocationBarcelona
    Intensive in-person hands-on training Zero to hero in 9 weeks Monday to Friday, 8:30 - 17:30 The course is taught in English Overview In this UX/UI Design course, we are going to go through all the phases of a UX Project exploring both the theoretical and the practical side of each step. The course is aimed at people who want to transition into a UX design career as well as visual designers and project/product managers that want to learn the processes used in the field of Experience Design. What our students say “The course was a lot of fun to do! Absolutely worth it if you are looking to experience and learn UI/UX design. Instead of spending too much time on theory we jumped right on getting practical. Marina Tudela is friendly and explains everything very clear. She teaches you how to really get inside the head of the user/customer. Muchissimas gracias Marina!” — R da Silva “Very good UX course that helped me be sure that I want to activate in this field. I liked the overall environment and things we learnt.” — Vasilica Perianu Why UX In today’s digital world people’s experiences have become a crucial aspect for every product, company or organization. The transversality of the UX field affects all areas of business as well as the technology and its development. This bootcamp will help you know your users better, design products that are truly functional and that people love, learn the proper design process and provide designs for real life problems. What you'll learn Design Thinking, Business Model Design, Value Proposition Design Agile, Lean UX Gamestorming, Ideation, Workshop leadership User Research, Competitive Research, Synthesizing Research Creating Personas, User Journies (Stories) Wireframing, Prototyping (Low/Hi), Usability Testing Information Architecture, Navigation, Flow, Funneling Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, InVision Studio (Limited), Flinto UI Design Best Practices, Typography and Iconography UI Design for Responsive, Adaptive and Native applications Foundation in HTML, CSS, JavaScript and Bootstrap The outcomes You will be able to design interactive products that are easy to use, user-centered and that people love. You will learn to design great experiences for real products that can improve everyone’s life. If you are an entrepreneur, you will gain the necessary skills to bring your product to the next level by building the best experience for your customers. If you are a developer, product manager, QA or any other field that requires direct contact with users you will learn the necessary skills to improve your seniority level and make your position more valuable. By the end of the course, you will have 3 completed projects ready to be included in your portfolio. Option to land a UX job within one of our hiring partners (internship or junior depending on the previous level of expertise in the technological field). Your instructor Marina Tudela has been working as a digital designer for several years, the last ones focusing just on the UX and UI of the products. As a designer, she tries to focus on the balance between usability and visual harmony. She has worked at digital studios like Antiloop and London-based startups like Joivy. Nowadays Marina works as Senior UX Designer at Haufe and also at Barcelona Code School teaching UI/UX Design. You can have a look at some of her work here. Tuition cost 5800€ 10% paid upon registration, the remaining is split in two payments due before course begins. Scholarships: -500€ Students over 40: because we know it’s harder to commit to learning at a certain age and we are willing to help. Single parents: because it’s a tough job to raise kids alone, keep it up. We are here to support you! Women in tech: so far 42% of our graduates are women and we want to reach the equality! How to apply for a scholarship: After signing up online you will get a student's form to fill out where you can select the aplicable scholarship. Your final tuition quote would be calculated based on that and you will get links for making the remaining payments. Edie Windsor Coding Scholarship The full scholarship, named for Edie Windsor a programming pioneer at IBM and LGBTQ activist, helps LGBTQ women kickstart a new career in technology. Learn more and apply here.
    Deposit580€
    ScholarshipStudents over 40 Single parents Women in tech
  • UX/UI Bootcamp
    - 11/10/2020
    Polina  User Photo
    Polina • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I applied to study at the Barcelona Code School in August just one month before the course started. The whole application process was very simple and clear. I was able to have a call with administration of the school to ask all my questions and clarify my doubts. They were always in touch whenever I had questions.
    The school environment was friendly and welcoming during the whole time I was studying there.
    Studying process was very intense and full of knowledge. I think it exceeded all my expectations. Our professional teachers touched every possible topic during 9 weeks of a boot camp. They introduced us to the world of UX/UI, different platforms, tools and motivation videos. Our days were not like routine learning in a boring school, on the contrary, it was fun, easy and educational.
    We not only studied the entire theory part, but also were able to apply all the learned techniques in real projects. And the final point of our course was our own individual project. Now I have at least 5 works that I can proudly display in my portfolio.
    There was not a single moment where I could regret choosing a Barcelona Code School. It was a great life-changing experience.
  • Kristiana  User Photo
    Kristiana • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Doing the JavaScript Full-Stack Online Bootcamp through the Barcelona Code School was a fantastic decision. I had always been interested in pursuing a coding course, but I couldn't find the right one that would accommodate with my full-time work schedule. This course accomplished that for me. It was perfect for the type of work structure I needed, and the type of thought-provoking challenges I craved.

I completed the part-time 16 week course; however, I actually far surpassed the 16 weeks in order to accomplish everything. With so much content, it took me awhile to gain my rhythm and dedicate the appropriate time to it. I actually spent most of my weekends working on everything, and I learned quickly that just because it was part time, it wasn't less intense. Yet, this is the great thing about this course: it allows you to set your own pace and work within your own time parameters.

Additionally, George and Stefano are great instructors and really make efforts to communicate with you. They offer 1 on 1 meetings throughout the course, that are so valuable, and I wish I would have used them more. These meetings are fantastic to check-in and relieve any doubts you're having about the course, or ask questions and get assistance with any tasks. And believe me, you will have questions and doubts!

Finally, the course material was definitely worth pursuing. The more I learned throughout this course, the more I actually looked forward to learning it and practicing it. I absolutely loved developing the HTML and CSS cloning projects, making my first static website, and learning the ins-and-outs of JavaScript, React, Express, and React Native. However, bringing it all together and creating my eCommerce website and weather app was so worthwhile and rewarding, that feeling of accomplishment you gain at the end. It wasn't by any means easy and there were more moments of frustration than I'd like to recall, but it was worth all the aches and pains.

Overall, this course has benefited me in so many ways. It has allowed me to gain new skills, explore my creative/design side, utilize new tools and resources, and it has aided me in my professional quest by affording me many new work opportunities. For that, I am very happy with my decision to embark on this adventure!

I would highly recommend this course to anyone looking for new professional opportunities, or to anyone simply looking to learn new things and/or express their creative side. It has been an awesome journey!
  • Miguel Angel Cruz  User Photo
    Miguel Angel Cruz • Frontend designer and developer • Applicant • Verified via LinkedIn
    Really I had doubts about doing an online bootcamp, but this one hooked me since the first moment. The course has a lot of exercises and if you get stuck the teachers help you right away, so you don't lose motivation. In conclusion, it was a good experience.
  • Todd Fraser  User Photo
    Todd Fraser • Verified via LinkedIn

One of the best decisions I made this year was to take this course.

Having allready been a front-end developer for around 10 years, with a focus on aesthetics, It was time to take the leap into the full stack and I'm so glad I did it here.

I allready have a job so I decided to take the part time 16 week course. There is alot of great content, but you do have to dedicate time to it. Just because its part time it doesn't really make it any less intense. I spent alot of evenings and weekends working away. However, if you are a busy person, the course timings allows you to take things at your own pace.

The course ciriculum was perfect. A quick intro to html & css and then the core of the course is Javascript. Then onto Express, node and React. Finishing with a dive into mobile development using skills learned from React and applying them to React Native.

George and Stefano are really, really good teachers. I was lucky enough to get to attend at the school in person for 1 week and everyone was very welcoming.

The 1-1's every week are so valuable. If you take the course I encourage you to book one in every week, wether its to check in, get help on a question or improve a task you are currently doing.

They make it clear that you can contact them anytime on Slack, but you don't really realise that until you start doing it. They are quick to respond, always happy and helpful.

I'm proud of the time spent doing this course and I encourage anyone else considering it, to take the leap, you are in good hands.

I live in Barcelon and did some research, after careful thought, this was the course I chose and I couldn't be happier.

• Awesome!
    - 11/27/2019
    EVELINE GAMA ROJAS  User Photo
    EVELINE GAMA ROJAS • JavaScript Full-Stack Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Barcelona Code School has a great curriculum and structure. The teachers are definitely the most incredible assets. They complete each other, allowing you to grow in many ways. You are able to learn in every step of the process, as much as you want, they are there for you, they are very inspiring and supportive. They give you a personalized treatment, respecting your background, your pace and your goals. The atmosphere is cozy, integrative and fun. The batches have small groups of students which allow us to connect easily, supporting each other and expanding our network.  There we are also able to exchange experiences with the ux/ui designers, which is a plus. I had a great time. I am very thankful! Learn JavaScript is not easy at all (at least not for me and my sociological mind! ), but with this guys, this challenging journey can also be fun! Definitely worth it! I highly recommend it!

• Go for it!
    - 5/24/2019
    Mariangel  User Photo
    Mariangel • Junior Front End Dev • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Just finished BCS, must say there were some challenging days, but looking back time really flies and it's amazing how much you can learn in only 9 weeks!
    The course is very hands on, you have 1h break to clear your head and disconnect but apart from that it's full on 8h coding.
    Teachers are great, George is a true programmer who helps you understand the code, even if it's the fifth time he has to explain it. Stefano is great, full of energy and always available to help with any doubt or helping you see the light when you have no idea what is wrong with your code!
    The school is in a great location, I would say it's one of the only schools not in the 22@ district which is great, since it is very centric and well communicated. It's a small school, which makes it homey with a nice terrace to chill and have lunch. Groups are small and you can get a lot more one on one with the teachers.
    Coding is a never ending learning experience, I do feel that I have yet much to learn, but a Bootcamp will definitely get you on the right track and momentum. I feel confident to search for a job and start my career.
    Recommendations: STUDY AS MUCH AS YOU CAN BEFORE YOU START !!!!!!

• Be prepared
    - 3/26/2019
    Nuno Silva  User Photo
    Nuno Silva • Student Verified via GitHub

I've started this bootcamp because I was interested in the stack being used. The full stack and React Native was very appealing.

Before starting, be prepared to study. REALLY. Study after hours, weekends, nights...

The beggining will be hard if you, like me, did not prepare with time with the pre course provided. Once you get going, the professors will be very happy to help. You will need to ask questions and be ready to think once you receive your answer. The answer will probably make you think more. This is good. Direct answers will not prepare you to learn how to think properly.

The material provided is properly written although I feel like a little more in depth information could be added. This is not really a problem because more in depth information is provided during the lectures. The material is mostly a basis for the lecture and not an encyclopedia.

The school is fun and the staff is very helpful. The after course help finding a job seems to be effective. For me it is working fine with several interviews being offered.

I really recommend the school. Just keep in mind that you need to be prepared to actually study hard.

• Stefano   User Photo
    Stefano • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I ` ve been thinking about following a bootcamp for a while and finally did it. It has been a great decision to
     follow the full-stack course at BCS.

The course is intense but you can manage it with an effort. I`ve started studying javascript on my
    own a couple of months before the bootcamp , maybe it helped me. In the end you use javascript during all the course.
    The technologies we've learnt were the latest like React or React Native.

The instructors and the team were affables and they know what they are talking about.When you get stucked there are
    always willing to help and actually resolve your doubts.

Response From: George of Barcelona Code School
    Title: Instructor
    Wednesday, Mar 13 2019
    Hi Stefano,

Glad to hear that you've enjoyed the course and the outcome.

Keep coding!
  • Thaisa  User Photo
    Thaisa • Graduate Verified via GitHub

The course motto really caught my attention. It seemed a bit too much, but definitely very bold
    It was intense, fast and I only noticed how much I had learned in the last week when I was writing the code for my first Mobile App.
    I was in the Jan-Mar 2019 Full-stack JavaScript Bootcamp and coming from a completely different background (I'm a bachelor in Sciences with major in Biomedical Sciences) I have to say that it was hard in the beginning. I had to study a lot, including after classes and during the weekends, but it is totally doable. The projects are interesting, there are a lot of exercises to keep on training and the support that they all gave me made a huge difference!
    Now, as a Junior Developer they are helping me with all that I need to find an internship/job.
    I'm grateful for the awesome job that George, Antonello and Margarita did and continuing doing.

• Luciana  User Photo
    Luciana • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I attended the bootcamp from January to March 2019. It was a great experience where I  learn from experienced people but I also had fun.
    Before starting I didn't know how the course would be but it surprised me how much I learn in just 9 weeks.
    What motivated me to choose the school was the curriculum they offer with the possibility to learn not only about web apps but also mobile apps.
    If you are starting the bootcamp you should know that it is a tough course because you learn a lot in such a short time and you have to work hard doing all the projects and exercises but then you will be happy with all you achieve.
    Sometimes when we learn new things I was concerned because it was too much information to work with and I felt like I didn't understand the point but then in the practice time I realised that I got all the concepts and I was able to work with it. Also we had a great support from the teachers.
    We attended different activities as a group and we were invited to 4YFN and Mobile Congress which was a huge experience.
    George, Antonello and Margarita had done a really good job!

• Christine Chang  User Photo
    Christine Chang • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I attended Barcelona Code School,  Aug - Oct 2018 and was very happy with the experience.  I had previous programming and Javascript,HTML,CSS experience, and had been trying to teach myself web development.  Because of this I had been slightly concerned that these sections would move too slowly for me.   However, with the video lectures to supplement the live lectures, I could go at my own speed.  I also found that, even though I knew a lot of the material, the 8 hours a day of class was amazing ‘practice, practice, practice’.  I felt much more solid afterwards and certainly had some knowledge holes filled in.  Having the experienced teachers helped me learn fast.  I was new to backend programming and even though there was a lot of material, I felt like I came out at a much more experienced level.  There’s still a LOT to know and a lot MORE to learn, but that is the nature of this industry – so get used to it!

I chose Barcelona Code School because they had a focus on REACT and REACT-native. (I live in Barcelona) I wanted to learn these because they are the IN-DEMAND skills right now in Boston (my previous home) – plus I knew they were pretty cool.  I had tried to teach myself REACT too, so I had a start, but there’s nothing like having a teacher.  The other code camps say they have a one evening special workshop in REACT if people are interested, but how could that be enough?  The course is taught all in English and the teachers were very helpful in answering all my questions so that I understood the concepts and techniques.

I had been thinking about code school for many years, but the cost of any code school seemed high.  I tried to teach myself, and plodded along, sometimes getting blocked for days on what I knew were stupid problems that could be solved by someone with understanding in 5 seconds.  Then this year, I watched some kids graduating from university and realized that they hadn’t tried to ‘teach themselves BIOLOGY’.  You could do it, but it would take 100 times longer.  Teachers are important!  So I finally decided to enroll.  I wish I had done code camp 5 years ago.  I would have been working all these years making up the tuition cost in a month or 2 (I was in the USA).

Barcelona Code School was perfect for me in that it wasn’t too long and wasn’t too expensive.  (AND ladies – there are scholarships and fundraisers for women out there—www.f6s.com/futurefunded).

Plus, I love having access to the videos and class notes, so I can go back and look things up and review.  (Which I needed to do to take lots of job application technical tests)

After the course was done, the school sent my name out to recruiters and I got LOTS of calls.  I have had many interviews – and have some good possibilities.  I am currently in serious talks with 3 excellent companies.

So, I am very happy with my decision to go to BCS.

• Thanks guys!
    - 9/30/2020
    Milena • Graduate
     I did an online bootcamp and happy i did, took me ages trying to figure out all these on my own before deciding to sign up, thanks guys especially for keeping up with my ridiculous schedule and tons of questions, learned everything I needed and more 👍👍👍