After the 12-week program, students have the option to join its unique Career Support program, which has contains additional training for Job Hacking, a job accountability group, and team projects to add to one’s portfolio.
To apply, students can submit an application via the website, then go through a series of two interviews with an admissions advisor. There are no coding challenges, but students must complete 4 weeks of prework before the program starts.
The daytime course takes place Mondays through Fridays, while the part-time course takes place on Sundays and weeknights, designed to allow the working person to attend a coding bootcamp while still working a daytime job.
Recent Actualize Reviews: Rating 4.92
Recent Actualize News
- Become a Developer at these Summer Coding Bootcamps!
- November 2018 Coding Bootcamp News Podcast
- How Coding Bootcamps Can Change the Face of Tech
Start Date None scheduled Cost $13,900 Class size 15 Location Chicago, Online
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans Ask for details about payment plans.
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Prep Work Some introductory work given several weeks in advance of the start of the program. Placement Test No Interview Yes
378 reviews sorted by:
- Megan • Student • Course: Web Development • Campus: Chicago • Verified via GitHubActualize was such an incredible experience. I learned the most critical components of web development and more. I am finishing up the course with a plethora of resources at hand. I had Peter as my instructor and he explained everything crystal clear; truly one of the best teachers I've ever had! Him and all staff I interacted with at Actualize were always so helpful. Lisa, the career advisor, was instrumental in helping me land my first job. Thanks so much Actualize!
- Best Decision of My Life- 11/19/2020Todd • Student • Course: Web Development • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI did a lot of research on which bootcamp I wanted to join and I picked actualize because of their focus to be teachers first. The curriculum is designed to actually teach you how to think like a software engineer. My instructor Peter and TA Kevin were always there to help when needed. I spoke to many big name bootcamps and I just felt like a number where at Actualize it was a bit more personal. The pricing was way more realistic as well! The job hacking lessons really helped me with my confidence in applying for jobs and prepared me in ways that I never would have gotten teaching myself how to code. Id would recommend Actualize to anyone who is ready to make that commitment to a bootcamp that delivers beyond what you paid for.
- Web Developer- 11/19/2020Alan • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe main reason i chose Actualize was for the online night classes and the Job assistance. I feel like the main focus of this bootcamp was not just the coding and building your skills (though it is a massive part) but also finding and landing a job in Web Development. If you're looking for a course that is going to help you through the process of learning and finding a job definitely check out Actualize.
- <3 Actualize- 11/19/2020Taylor Dorsett • Software Developer at SoupSonic • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Chicago • Verified via GitHubI choose Actualize because I know a lot of successful Actualize graduates and it has a great reputation in Chicago. They also have an after-hours program that makes it possible for folks who are working to attend the boot camp.
I'd recommend Actualize to anyone who is looking to make a career transition. +1 if you are looking for a bootcamp that you can do while still maintaining a day job. +2 if you have tried programming in the past but got stuck. Actualize is run by educators who are developers which makes all the difference.
- Exceeds Expectations- 11/19/2020Winston • Web Dev • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI found the decision as to which bootcamp to attend to be an exceedingly difficult one. After nearly signing up for a big corporate owned camp, I came across Actualize. Actualize makes you feel noticed and supported. You are with the same instructor and teaching assistants the whole through so you feel like your progress is really being tracked and you are building connections throughout the camp. A lot of camps out there feel a little scammy, with published job rates and what not. Oh so you have 98% of graduates, get job, well what defines a graduate? The truth is what you put is what you get out, and that applies to actualize, but they give you solid footing to exceed without trying disassociate with you if you aren't meeting requirements. Because they aren't wrapped up in a published job placement rate they can focus on helping the students as much as helping themselves. Actualize also provides continued support with smaller lessons and job help after you graduate. If I had to choose a bootcamp again I would definitely make the same decision. If you are unsure of what to choose, choose actualize. Don't get caught up on languages and frameworks that are taught. You'll be better off going to a camp with a good environment and actualize has that. Peace.
- I researched bootcamps extensively, and had almost decided to go with one of more well-known bootcamps. Luckily, I came across an article by Jay Wengrow on LinkedIn which led me to Actualize. After speaking with them, and discussing the options, I decided to register with Actualize, and there has not even been one moment since that I have regretted that decision. They are truly an exceptional bootcamp with people who personally care about your success. In addition to the outstanding curriculum that builds upon itself everyday, the job search portion is second to none. They prepare you for the job search by not only providing the people and the tools to succeed during the bootcamp, but continuing support and training every step of the way afterwards. I would not hesitate to recommend Actualize to anyone looking to start a career in Software Development.
- Fresh Graduate- 11/19/2020Jack • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Chicago • Verified via LinkedIn
I just finished this program and I have to say it has been one of the best decisions in my life so far. I chose Actualize due to them being a Chicago based program, as I am Chicago based as well, but another huge upside was the fact that they have implemented online-based teaching since before the pandemic. That means they weren't scrambling to figure out how to put their curriculum online, or to turn it into a zoom based class, the structure was there and it always had been. That made it feel like an incredibly good pick during this time.
The online-live class setup is a fantastic way to learn coding, with immediate feedback and great class-flow between lectures and exercises. With an emphasis on learning to learn the instructors at Actualize are training your brain to think like a developer, encourage problem solving and growth mindset. I really have nothing but good things to say about Actualize, and they let you sit in on classes in progress if you're applying and want to see how the classes are structured. So if you're on the fence, setup a sit-in and see for yourself!
- Great course, great instructors- 11/19/2020Katrina Jelinek • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Chicago • Verified via GitHubDeciding to learn coding through Actualize was easily one of the best decisions I've made in a long time. The course is packed with information and moves very fast, but not so much that you can't keep up. Dani Zaghian was my instructor and she is an incredible teacher. She was always very clear about what is happening in the concepts she was teaching along with what is expected of each of her students throughout the course. It was a great experience and I would encourage anyone who is considering attending a bootcamp to consider Actualize.
- Great Course - Great Instruction- 11/19/2020Aaron • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubHaving just graduated, I don't know how my job will go (or for how long) but everything related to career planning I've received during the course has been incredibly helpful. I came into this course with a pretty strong computer science understanding, but was pretty overwhelmed trying to self learn frontend and backend frameworks. I'm not sure there's any way to get better at simply coding other than putting in the time, so keep that in mind when you're thinking about any bootcamp in particular. Most of this bootcamp has been focused on using frameworks. Even though its unlikely you'll ever work solely in those frameworks in the future, I'm confident moving forward to learn new frameworks with ease and a better understanding of what challenges in development the specific features of a framework intend to address.
- A solid use of your time and great investment!- 11/19/2020Blake Gandy • Student • Verified via GitHubI couldn't be happier with my decision to attend Actualize. The instructor and TA's are really helpful and you always feel like you've got one on one help when you need it. The curriculum felt engaging and challenging which forced myself and my classmates to really push ourselves to see what we were capable of. If you were looking for a remote bootcamp I would strongly suggest you check out Actualize. You won't be disappointed!
- Best Decision I've Ever Made...- 9/10/2020Melanie • Graduate • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInActualize was the best decision I have ever made. After getting half way through a computer programming degree at a community college and never writing a single line of code, I decided to take some coding classes online. I found them lacking the structure and guidance I needed. That's when I started combing reviews for a solid bootcamp. I noticed Actualize had so many perfect ratings and now I understand why. This school teaches you how to code. But, more importantly, they teach you how to LEARN how to code. I feel confident after taking this bootcamp that I can learn any language I want. The lead instructor, Brian, is a phenomenal instructor. He anticipates and validates the difficult parts and his background in teaching AND software development really show in how he conducts the course. You can tell he truly cares about each student's success in the course. The curriculum is relevant and useful. They teach programming logic in a way that I wish I would've learned earlier! They provide tons of career support during and after and Lisa, the job hacking instructor, is as caring and empathetic as all of the staff. She really wants to see you succeed. I left this course feeling empowered, confident and like a true developer. You will always have more to learn as a developer but now I know how to learn anything! I could not recommend this bootcamp more and I am so grateful I found them.