It can be scary embarking on a coding bootcamp, and starting the search for your first coding job! We asked successful coding bootcamp alum Tom Goldenberg for his top tips on making yourself marketable as you go through a coding bootcamp. Watch the video above or read the brief summary.
What bootcamp did you go to and what do you do now?
What are three ways to stay marketable during the job search?
- Talk to people who are doing what you want to do
- Ask what skills you need
2. Compromise between learning things you are passionate about and something useful
- Find projects and technologies you can showcase to employers that you also enjoy
- Just going to a coding bootcamp is not enough
- Get in front of people to showcase your talent
- Present at a meetup or do a lightning talk
What are your favorite meetups in New York City?
- Meteor NY meetup
- React Native NYC meetup
- Thoughtbot Ruby Meetup
What technology at Dev Bootcamp did you choose to focus on outside the curriculum
- It wasn’t extremely popular then, but now it’s widely used
Where should coding bootcamp graduates send their resumes?
- Indeed and Linkedin
- Angel List - great for startups!
Episode 10: January 2017 Bootcamp News
Read and listen to our January 2017 roundup of news and happenings in the coding bootcamp world.
3 Ways to Stay Marketable After Bootcamp
Top job hunting tips from a successful coding bootcamp graduate
Episode 9: November 2016 Bootcamp News
Read and listen to our November 2016 roundup of news and happenings in the coding bootcamp world.