It can be scary embarking on a coding bootcamp, and starting the search for your first coding job! We asked successful coding bootcamp alum Tom Goldenberg for his top tips on making yourself marketable as you go through a coding bootcamp. Watch the video above or read the brief summary.
What bootcamp did you go to and what do you do now?
What are three ways to stay marketable during the job search?
- Talk to people who are doing what you want to do
- Ask what skills you need
2. Compromise between learning things you are passionate about and something useful
- Find projects and technologies you can showcase to employers that you also enjoy
- Just going to a coding bootcamp is not enough
- Get in front of people to showcase your talent
- Present at a meetup or do a lightning talk
What are your favorite meetups in New York City?
- Meteor NY meetup
- React Native NYC meetup
- Thoughtbot Ruby Meetup
What technology at Dev Bootcamp did you choose to focus on outside the curriculum
- It wasn’t extremely popular then, but now it’s widely used
Where should coding bootcamp graduates send their resumes?
- Indeed and Linkedin
- Angel List - great for startups!
Episode 23: January 2018 Bootcamp News
Read or listen to our January 2018 roundup of news and trends in the coding education industry!
2017 End of Year News Roundup + Podcast
We discuss the most defining coding bootcamp trends of 2017 in our end of year podcast!
Episode 21: November 2017 Bootcamp News
Read or listen to our November 2017 roundup of news and trends in the coding bootcamp industry.