western-washington-university-coding-bootcamp-logo

Western Washington University Coding Bootcamp

Bellingham, Online, Seattle

Western Washington University Coding Bootcamp

Western Washington University Coding Bootcamp is a part-time, 26-week full stack software development bootcamp, offering online and in-person courses at its Seattle, Washington campus. The coding bootcamp is designed to prepare students for a career in the software and/or web development field. Students learn front end development, back end development, and full stack development. Bootcamp students also learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, Node.js, Express, OAuth, Git & Version Control, command line, API integration, SQL databases, and algorithms.

Instructors from DigitalCrafts lead the Western Washington University Coding Bootcamps. These instructors are software engineers who share real-world coding knowledge with students. Over the course of the bootcamp, students receive career guidance. Students learn job search skills through mock interviews, resume reviews, and portfolio help.

Western Washington University offers payment plans or loans to cover up to 100% of the bootcamp tuition. Scholarships are available for women and WWU students, alumni, staff, and faculty.

Western Washington University Coding Bootcamp is powered by DigitalCrafts.

Recent Western Washington University Coding Bootcamp Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (1) reviews for Western Washington University Coding Bootcamp →

Recent Western Washington University Coding Bootcamp News

• Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time)

In partnership with DigitalCrafts, this online 16-week intensive program is for beginners and CS graduates alike. Students will learn the ins and outs of front-end and back-end web development, as the class moves through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL databases, Node.js, React.js, Python, and more. Javascript, Node.js & the NERP stack encompass some of the most cutting-edge technologies today and are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. You can learn from wherever you are, whether that's at home, at our locations or somewhere else. This class is taught online, live, by a seasoned instructor with years of real-world experience. We understand that not everyone has an ideal setting to learn at home, so students who live near one of our locations may stream class on-site. Our graduates have received job offers from companies large and small, including Slack, the New York Times, The Home Depot, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, Big Nerd Ranch and more.
      Deposit$250 refundable deposit
      Financing is available through Skills Fund.
      Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront or finance tuition.
      Refund / GuaranteeSecure your seat early for additional discounts.
      ScholarshipScholarships are available for women and WWU students, alumni, staff, and faculty.
      Minimum Skill LevelBeginner or Intermediate
      Prep WorkPre-requisite work will be provided.
    • Web Development Bootcamp (Part-time)

This is a part-time, 26-week full stack software development bootcamp that meets in the evenings and on Saturdays. Students learn front end development, back end development, and full stack development. Bootcamp students also learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, Node.js, Express, OAuth, Git & Version Control, command line, API integration, SQL databases, and algorithms. Students also learn job search skills through mock interviews, resume reviews, and portfolio help. Graduates of the full stack software development bootcamp are eligible for jobs, such as full stack engineer, full stack web developer, full stack software engineer, full stack architect, front end developer, back end developer, machine learning engineer, junior developer, associate developer, senior developer, web development apprentice, web development instructor, and teacher assistant.
      Financing is available through Skills Fund.
      Tuition PlansPayment plans and/or loans are available to cover up to 100% of tuition.
      Refund / GuaranteeSecure your seat early for additional discounts.
      Minimum Skill LevelBeginner or Intermediate
      Prep WorkPre-requisite work will be provided.
    • Bryson P.  User Photo
      Bryson P. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      This was a great experience for me. I would recommend this program to anybody who had any interest in web development.

I started this bootcamp with little knowledge or understanding of what goes into being a web developer. I followed my instincts, took a risk, and I'm so glad I did. I have experienced the full range of emotions during my time in the bootcamp but the most prominent feeling at this time is one of accomplishment. This was the program I needed to help me break into developing myself as a web developer. This bootcamp gave me a path I can follow for my future success. It also gave me the tools to start creating. The foundation is set and now I can expand.

Some of my most favorite and stressful time was during the project weeks. This was a chance to team up with classmates, use the tech that we've been learning, and to be as creative as we possibly can. It could be very thrilling and stressful.

Speaking on the teaching staff, I thought they did a great job with teaching so many new developers. My instructor was great at teaching new concepts and getting ideas across. He was very professional and patient. He was knowledgeable and open about the realities of being a developer. I was stuck several times and he helped me get over those challenges. Also, the TAs that were part of my cohort, were awesome as well to work with. I always felt like I could reach out to them for help and get a response. Ultimately, the people you interact with the most help enhance the experience and shape what you take away from the bootcamp. I was very fortunate for my instructor, TAs, and fellow peers. As those are the people I had to lean on when I needed some extra help.

To the curriculum, they introduced over 24 technologies to us that was outlined from day one. They definitely teach you the tech you need to build a full stack website or web app. These full-stack tools that I've come away with from this bootcamp will be my foundation that everything builds from. I am very excited and pleased with what I've learned in this short time. Now I need to refine what I've learned and curate my skills and style. In my opinion, this is where things get exciting for a developer.

The pace of the classes were just right for me. Any slower, and I don't know how we would have gotten through all the material needed by the end of the program. Any faster, and I wouldn't of kept up as well as I did. I was slightly behind the whole program but I was able to complete the program requirements with high marks.

There are so many resources available for a student starting with your instructor, TAs, and peers. They have tutors available to students by schedule. I never took advantage of this resource, but I wish I had. I heard a lot good feedback from students about their tutoring sessions. You can also post questions to the bootcamp website and get a response in reasonable time. My instructor went above and beyond with curating resources to share on a weekly basis. These links definitely helped prepare me for the coming class or week of material.

In addition to the material and resources, they also have a career connections service in the bootcamp. I wasn't able keep up my career connections during the bootcamp so I am tackling all of my milestones after the bootcamp. I am very grateful these services are available for three to six months afterward. This gives me time to build on my skills and confidence as I transition into the workforce.

I have been a stay-at-home dad for the last 10 years with four kids at home. I am 41. I chose the part-time course (Felt like a full time experience to me) and I'm so proud to say that I have completed the bootcamp. If you're willing to show up and put forth your best effort, you will do fine in this program. Enjoy the experience the best you can but take it seriously. You paid good money for it and the people you are interacting with are professionals. No need to waste anyone's time. You definitely get out of this program what you put in.

This was the program I needed to start myself on a developer's path. Now I just need to do the post work and transition work.