ucr-extension-boot-camps-logo

UCR Extension Boot Camps

Riverside

UCR Extension Boot Camps

UCR Extension Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time web development and cybersecurity courses in Riverside, California. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Express.js, React.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, Git, Java, and Command Line. The cybersecurity curriculum provides hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the programs are part-time, UCR Extension Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Throughout the 24-week boot camps, students have access to career-planning services including resume and portfolio reviews, technical interview training, virtual tech panels, 1:1 coaching, and more. Those who complete the program will receive a Certificate of Completion from UCR Extension Professional Studies and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or learn skills applicable to certifications in our cybersecurity program.

UCR Extension Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UCR Extension Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.86

all (29) reviews for UCR Extension Boot Camps →

Recent UCR Extension Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationRiverside
    At the Cybersecurity Boot Camp, students get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture. The Cybersecurity Bootcamp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
    Prep WorkPre-work
  • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationRiverside
    The Coding Boot Camp at UC Riverside Extension is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
    Prep WorkPre-work

• Recent Graduate
    - 2/19/2020
    Thomas Nelson  User Photo
    Thomas Nelson • Full-Stack Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I can honestly say going to this bootcamp was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I had always wanted to pursue coding/programming, but college always made it seem like math was essential to the field. This prevented me from being able to pursue the CS degree I originally wanted. Because of this, I gave up on the idea. It wasn't till last year that I decided to look back into it, and I realized that math was never much of a requirement, at least in Software/Web Development. This prompted me to learn a little on my own, and eventually enroll in the bootcamp.

I've learned more in these past six months than I ever had before. I won't lie, it was hard. It was frustrating at times, I felt like giving up a couple times here and there, but if you stick with it, you will learn. The instructor and TA's were fantastic, and the fact that it is an in-person bootcamp meant I could talk to them, as well as my peers, face-to-face. This was invaluable to me, as working with others makes learning more fun, and easier, as you have real people to bounce ideas and solutions off of.

If you feel that this is a field you will truly enjoy and you like learning, I can't recommend this bootcamp enough.
    Friday, Feb 21 2020
    Thank you for sharing your student experience, Thomas! We're thrilled you chose our program to chase your dreams and make a significant career change.

Like you noted, if you stick with it, you can succeed. Reaching out to classmates and the instructional team for support as well as taking advantage of all the boot camp's available resources can prove to be invaluable throughout your learning journey. Congratulations on successfully completing the course, we appreciate your recommendation! We're rooting you on in all that you do.
  • Nestor Baez  User Photo
    Nestor Baez • Service Desk Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This boot camp was awesome! I started from having zero knowledge of cyber security to being able to hack into systems and protect them. This class has so much to offer if you're willing to put in the work. If you're a hands on learner, then this course is for you. Starting from day 1, to the very last day you're doing everything hands on. Amazing instructor and TA's, all of them were extremely knowledgeable, patient, and willing to help. I'm a person that is nervous to ask a lot of questions but the class and instructors made it extremely comfortable for me to ask anything. Throughout the course, the entire staff is there to help with building your resume, LinkedIn, and help with interview skills. Before this I was working at fast food and being a barista but after completing the course, I was able to land a job as a Service Desk Analyst to begin my IT career. If you're looking to get into the cyber security field, I definitely recommend this boot camp!
    Monday, Jun 22 2020
    Thank you for sharing, Nestor! It’s our goal to provide a comprehensive skills-based experience to all of our students, including both beginners and experienced individuals, so we're happy to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of cybersecurity. It's great to know you benefited from the ongoing support of our entire boot camp team and landed an exciting new role. Congratulations on successfully completing the program! We wish you all the best moving forward.
  • Cybersecurity
    - 5/11/2020
    Raymond Reyes  User Photo
    Raymond Reyes • Network Administrator • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    This is a great program if you're looking to start into the security field.  Personally, I like to do alot of hands on and I am a visual learner more so than reading about it from a document or observing a bunch of slides.  There's that too in addition to an abundance of hands on lab work and exercizes. As a student you are provided with TA's that will assist you with any questions or obstacles you encounter and we had a great instructor who was very engaging and knowledgeable.  No questions or comment was too small or too big  I would send emails during off hours and still get a response.  Day one starts with Linux Administration and the last day you are literraly hacking into systems and doing a full presentation on the dedtails on how you did it.  You are required to do this over and over at which point you get pretty comforable with the presentation and hacking process. The support provided is incredible and I would absolutely recommend this to anyone curious about the security field. At first I didn't know if I made the right decision but now I know I did.  The entire staff was bar none second to none!
    Wednesday, May 13 2020
    Amazing, Raymond! We're thrilled you benefited from the hands-on classroom environment and from the support of our entire instructional team. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp, we truly appreciate your review! We're rooting you on in all that you do.
  • Isaac Cortez  User Photo
    Isaac Cortez • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
        I started off as a automotive technician looking to change careers. So I decided to attend a bootcamp so that I could acquire as much knowledge and as quickly as I could. As someone coming into the course with no experience in web development it took me some time to understand it, but I can say with the support that the instructor and TA's gave me I overcame a lot of the struggles I had in the beginning.  Since this is a bootcamp the material will be presented very quick. Be prepared to spend a lot of time reviewing the activities and make sure to ask a lot of questions if the content isn't clear.
        Overall it was an amazing experience and to look back and realize how much I learned just by taking the course I can say I am thankful I took the leap. One thing I will add is that you get what you put in so make sure you put in your best effort the resources and help they provide will help you make it through.
    Wednesday, May 13 2020
    Way to go, Isaac! We're happy to hear you chose our program to make a significant career change. Our entire team is truly passionate about enabling student success, so it's great to know you benefited from their support. We completely agree that you get what you put in, so we applaud all your hard work. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! All the best in your future endeavors.
  • CyberSecurity
    - 4/30/2020
    Albert Estrada  User Photo
    Albert Estrada • Senior Systems Administrator • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am a recent graduate of the CyberSecurity class. Even though I have approx 20yrs of experience it was amazing to see how much there was still to learn. We had a diverse class ranging from those new to IT to those will years of experience. The instructor always kept the class engaged in the topics and pushing us to think outside of the box, to think like an Ethical Hacker. The class starts off showing you the basics and gradually leads you down the rabbit hole of security. We explored forensics and incident response, to building and configuring security appliances. Before we knew it we were learning how to target systems as a penetration tester. If you are considering entering the CyberSecurity field, this is a great place to start.

Besides having knowledgable instructors we had great TA's that not only provided help and guidance when needed but also made themselves available outside of class time.
    Tuesday, May 05 2020
    Amazing, Albert! We're thrilled you chose our program to continue advancing your skills and enjoyed the topics covered. Our entire instructional team is truly passionate about enabling student success, so it's great to know you benefited from their support. Congratulations on completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! We wish you all the best moving forward.
  • Recent Graduate
    - 3/31/2020
    Joseph Badua  User Photo
    Joseph Badua • Programmer Analyst II • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This has been, without a doubt, one of the best decisions I've ever made. While simultaneously pursuing an undergrad degree in a field I was slowly losing interest in, I took a leap and decided to try and learn how to code and web development. In short, it reignited my passion for learning. The instructors were amazing, the people were friendly, and the material taught was practical and could always be used in a job-like setting. You learn the fundamentals for what employers are looking for and you build a network of like-minded people to help you tackle any struggles that come your way. Something that was stressed in my class was that who you know is as important as what you know. They made sure students were competitive to employers and were ready to join the workforce right after graduation. Of course, it wasn't a walk in the park, and there are no guarantees. There were sleepless nights and tons of hair-pulling trying to learn and understand how things work. To be honest, I still haven't figured it all out, but I'm still learning and trying to and that's what matters. If you have that inner drive to continuously improve and learn, then this boot camp is a great catalyst to accelerate your future; giving you sought after skills in an exponentially growing industry. Thanks to the people at this boot camp, I've gone from studying towards an English degree with no prior knowledge of coding and development to learning a new skill and eventually landing a job within less than a year.
    Thursday, Apr 02 2020
    Thank you, Joseph! We're happy to hear our boot camp reignited your passion for learning. Our entire team is truly committed to enabling student success so we're thrilled this resonated with you. Like you mentioned, if you have the inner drive to continuously improve and learn, this program might be the catalyst you're looking for. Congratulations on graduating! We're confident you'll go on to achieve great things in the future with your newfound skills.
  • Xavier Davis  User Photo
    Xavier Davis • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life..."-Steve Jobs.

As someone who just came out of high-School, these are great words to follow. We don't even know what's to come tomorrow, so why not start that dream right now and make that dream, reality! Knowing how short our lives our what better place to start than a school that offers this dream to you as fast as six-months to let you get a head start compared to the rest of the world. This class was quite rigorous, so being proactive and not procrastinating allowed for that precious time we have to be used to the fullest in such a small time frame.

Another useful trick to managing one's busy schedule with this school was creating a set schedule for the day because you do not want any day going by without coding. Also, the best advice I can give to a fellow future student is always double-checking what you are unsure of from google. You get to learn real fast that google becomes your best buddy.

This class truly helped me to learn so many valued aspects of life. The best part about this journey was that I was not alone in this endeavor. I had many supporters that helped me varying from the TA's, instructor and classmates. In conclusion, this school was the best decision I could make to help jump start that dream I had into a reality that keeps on giving knowing that there is this vast world out there waiting for me to make my mark.
    Thursday, Feb 20 2020
    Amazing, Xavier! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the program and successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development. Great advice for prospective students—effectively managing your time and using Google as a supplemental resource will help you get ahead.

We strive to foster a collaborative and supportive environment, so we're thrilled you reached out to your classmates and benefited from our instructional team's assistance. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We can't wait to see how you'll use your newfound skills in the future.
  • Graduate
    - 2/13/2020
    William Gonzales  User Photo
    William Gonzales • Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I experienced a lot during my time at the Coding Bootcamp. Both rewarding and frustrating at times. However, whenever I felt like i needed help, the instructor and TAs were very helpful in showing me how to approach the problem. The program provided sufficient materials and resources to learn the topics in the curriculum. But if there was something I learned from my time at the bootcamp, Google is your friend!  Overall, I thought the program was set up to allocate the students with the materials that they need, and the services to become job ready, and employer competitive.

With that being said, you have to be proactive and put in the effort necessary to learn the concepts. If you ever feel like its frustrating, trust me, you will figure it out.  Be ready to spend a lot of time working on class assignments, homework and projects outside of class. I would recommend YouTube for learning concepts, additional research, and thorough elaboration if you feel confused. Again, Google is your friend.

For the student experience, I will say this. You may feel like you're not understanding it at first, but that is not true. You are learning at your pace, and your pace is good! I felt at times where i just was not understanding something, and I didn't want to turn something in because it was not fully completed. However, I would come back to it a week later, and I would have the, 'Aha!' moment that would give me that feeling of relief and success that validates my growth as a developer. You can do it. Just keep coding! practice, practice, practice!

Friday, Feb 14 2020
    Way to go, William! We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and found our instructional team to be beneficial throughout your studies.

Like you mentioned, being proactive and putting in the necessary effort both inside and outside of the classroom is the key to success. "We completely agree that there's nothing better than finally getting that "Aha!" moment."

Congratulations on successfully completing the course, we truly appreciate your review! We wish you all the best as you move forward.
  • Dupe Fadina  User Photo
    Dupe Fadina • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I had an intense but rewarding experience with this coding bootcamp. The instructor and TAs were very helpful in showing me how to use documentation and online community resources to learn a new framework or solve a problem. Admin and Support Staff constantly checked in to make sure I was getting a lot from the program. The program also provided sufficient materials and resources to learn the topics in the curriculm.  In general, I thought the program was set up to allow students succeed and be employer ready.

As many of the reviewers have said, you have to be proactive and put in the effort necessary to learn the concepts. Be ready to spend a lot of time working on class assignments, homeworks and projects outside of class. Google is also going to be your friend, as you will get comfortable finding solutions on websites such as Stack Overflow. Most importantly, do not hesitate to ask the instructor and TAs for help when you are stuck.

Monday, Nov 11 2019
    We appreciate your review, Dupe! We're happy you benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team and enjoyed the curriculum. Great advice for prospective students—reaching out to the instructional team as well as dedicating extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom is key. Congratulations on graduating! We're rooting you on in all your future coding endeavors.
    - 10/30/2019
    Mesay  User Photo
    Mesay • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Even though I have some IT background I was wondering where to start the Journey of codding world. Thank You for UCR Codding Bootcamp I have completed the 24 weeks program with a lot of class projects to show to my employers. Now I start looking for a job as a full stack developer. Thank you, Mike and Joe, for guiding us to this Journey. Not To mention Ryan Tony and Felipe's unlimited help!

Monday, Nov 04 2019
    Amazing, Mesay! We're thrilled to hear you benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team and were able to create multiple projects with your newfound web development skills—we also think Mike, Joe, Ryan, Tony, and Felipe are pretty amazing. Congratulations on graduating and all the best moving forward!
    - 10/24/2019
    Juney Yi  User Photo
    Juney Yi • Student Verified via GitHub

Everything about the class was amazing. Great support and staff to help you every step of the way. The only thing is that you have to be prepared for the rought ride. Do everything they give you and make sure to have extra time outsde of class to do the assignments given. I've learned alot by taking this class and so will you.

Friday, Oct 25 2019
    Way to go, Juney! You're completely right that taking the time to master the curriculum outside of class will definitely help you get ahead. Our boot camp team is passionate about enabling student success, so we're glad this resonated with you. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and thank you for your review! Best of luck in all that you do.
    - 10/21/2019
    Daniel L. Jackson  User Photo
    Daniel L. Jackson • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

This is a great course but you need to be prepared. Take the pre-course work seriously and try to understand it. You should do as much studying as possible before starting the course.   The class is pretty fast paced. That can be good or bad. Bad because you might feel overwhelmed at times which is normal but good because they definitely don’t short you on information. With this course it’s all about self efficacy. You get out what you put in. Be prepared to spend lots and lots and lots of time outside of class to absorb the information.   I’m happy with the class and my decision to take this course.  You have to put in the work though!

Monday, Oct 21 2019
    Thank you for your review, Daniel! We agree that this is a fast-paced and rigorous program. As such, we appreciate your advice for prospective students—taking the time to complete the pre-work as well as dedicating extensive time to mastering the curriculum will help you succeed. Congratulations on completing the boot camp, we commend all your hard work! All the best moving forward.
    - 10/19/2019
    Michelle Trujillo  User Photo
    Michelle Trujillo • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I had a great experience with this Coding Bootcamp and am really glad I enrolled. Like everyone already said, it's an intense 6 months and I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel completely burned out at times trying to juggle this course, a kid, and a full time job. But the experience and effort are completely worth it. I learned so much, and while there is still a lot to learn, I feel I have the tools and skills necessary to move forward and learn not only the languages and technologies learned in class, but others as well.

The instructor and TAs were amazing. They were always willing to help even outside of class and were so patient and helpful on top being being obviously very knowledgeable and experienced. The career services and admin staff are also very helpful. They are not there to make sure you secure a job, but they give you so many resources and guidance to prepare you for the job market.

I was definitely worried enrolling after reading some of the worst reviews about bootcamps in general, but my experience here was completely on the other end of that spectrum and I'm glad I took the leap. Trying to learn all of tis on my own as was my original plan would have taken infinitely more time. I also met some great people and made some great connections so I'm ver grateful for that added benefit as well!

Monday, Oct 21 2019
    Amazing, Michelle! We're happy to hear you had a positive student experience and feel confident learning new technologies and languages moving forward. Like you mentioned, this course does require extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom, so we commend all the hard work you dedicated while balancing a full-time schedule. Our entire boot camp team is passionate about enabling student success, so we're glad you benefited from their ongoing support. Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate your review! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.