UCR Extension Boot Camps
Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the programs are part-time, UCR Extension Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.
Throughout the 24-week boot camps, students have access to career-planning services including resume and portfolio reviews, technical interview training, virtual tech panels, 1:1 coaching, and more. Those who complete the program will receive a Certificate of Completion from UCR Extension Professional Studies and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or learn skills applicable to certifications in our cybersecurity program.
UCR Extension Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.
Recent UCR Extension Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.76
Recent UCR Extension Boot Camps News
- Linux, Penetration Testing, Mobile Security, Ethical Hacking, Cryptography, Network Security, Python
In PersonPart Time10 Hours/week24 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $10,995 Class size 27 Location RiversideAt the Cybersecurity Boot Camp, students get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture. The Cybersecurity Bootcamp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans Payment plans available
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Prep Work Pre-work Placement Test No Interview Yes
In PersonPart Time10 Hours/week24 Weeks
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans Payment plans available
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Prep Work Pre-work Placement Test No Interview Yes
UCR Extension Boot Camps Reviews
33 reviews sorted by:
- TL:DR Fast paced learning, great staff- 8/21/2020Marc • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Riverside • Verified via GitHubGoing into this coding bootcamp was great I had a short background in web development by using web resources like codecademy or freecodecamp so the 'fast paced' learning was a bit easier to digest. The assignments were fairly easy to comprehend aside from a few of the course materials which were either making the assumption certain environments were configured, or the coursework just wasn't written in a way that was understandable.
I will say that I have learned a ton of things in regard to programming. The instructional staff were so helpful in learning these concepts by explaining in further detail of what to look for. This bootcamp does teach relevant programming subjects along with a few concepts that seem pretty random but at the end of the day, its just another skill set.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UCR Extension Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamMonday, Aug 24 2020Thank you for sharing your journey, Marc! We're glad to hear you had a positive student experience and benefited from the support of our instructional team. We're always looking to optimize our curriculum and program offerings, so we appreciate your feedback. Congratulations on successfully graduating from the boot camp and best of luck in all your future endeavors!
- Coding Boot Camp- 8/17/2020Derek Glassick • Student • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Riverside • Verified via LinkedInI went into the Coding Boot Camp feeling a little skeptical. This was mostly because I was already in a career looking to transition to coding, but just didn't know where. I needed to take out a loan. There isn't a guarantee, like most things in life, with anything coming from this course. After completing the course, I have to say, I don't feel as anxious about taking it anymore. I learned so much over the 24-26 weeks of class. Instructors were amazing, TAs were amazing, and the curriculum felt relevant and up-to-date. I should say that I went into this Boot Camp without any prior coding experience, which was really intimidating, but the professor and TAs really made the class accessible. I really would recommend this course to anyone looking for that push to transition careers. I hopefully will be able to come back here in a month or two with news that I am now a developer.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UCR Extension Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamThursday, Aug 20 2020Thank you, Derek! We're happy to hear you chose our program to make a significant career change and felt supported by our entire instructional team. We strive to equip all students for success as they prepare to enter the job market, so we're confident in you and your newfound skills. Congratulations on graduating and all the best moving forward!
- Cyber Security Bootcamp- 6/19/2020Nestor Baez • Service Desk Analyst • Graduate • Course: Cybersecurity - Part-Time • Campus: Riverside • Verified via LinkedInThis boot camp was awesome! I started from having zero knowledge of cyber security to being able to hack into systems and protect them. This class has so much to offer if you're willing to put in the work. If you're a hands on learner, then this course is for you. Starting from day 1, to the very last day you're doing everything hands on. Amazing instructor and TA's, all of them were extremely knowledgeable, patient, and willing to help. I'm a person that is nervous to ask a lot of questions but the class and instructors made it extremely comfortable for me to ask anything. Throughout the course, the entire staff is there to help with building your resume, LinkedIn, and help with interview skills. Before this I was working at fast food and being a barista but after completing the course, I was able to land a job as a Service Desk Analyst to begin my IT career. If you're looking to get into the cyber security field, I definitely recommend this boot camp!
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UCR Extension Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamMonday, Jun 22 2020Thank you for sharing, Nestor! It’s our goal to provide a comprehensive skills-based experience to all of our students, including both beginners and experienced individuals, so we're happy to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of cybersecurity. It's great to know you benefited from the ongoing support of our entire boot camp team and landed an exciting new role. Congratulations on successfully completing the program! We wish you all the best moving forward.
- Cybersecurity- 5/11/2020Raymond Reyes • Network Administrator • Student • Course: Cybersecurity - Part-Time • Campus: Riverside • Verified via LinkedInThis is a great program if you're looking to start into the security field. Personally, I like to do alot of hands on and I am a visual learner more so than reading about it from a document or observing a bunch of slides. There's that too in addition to an abundance of hands on lab work and exercizes. As a student you are provided with TA's that will assist you with any questions or obstacles you encounter and we had a great instructor who was very engaging and knowledgeable. No questions or comment was too small or too big I would send emails during off hours and still get a response. Day one starts with Linux Administration and the last day you are literraly hacking into systems and doing a full presentation on the dedtails on how you did it. You are required to do this over and over at which point you get pretty comforable with the presentation and hacking process. The support provided is incredible and I would absolutely recommend this to anyone curious about the security field. At first I didn't know if I made the right decision but now I know I did. The entire staff was bar none second to none!
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UCR Extension Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamWednesday, May 13 2020Amazing, Raymond! We're thrilled you benefited from the hands-on classroom environment and from the support of our entire instructional team. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp, we truly appreciate your review! We're rooting you on in all that you do.
- From Automotive to Web Development- 5/8/2020Isaac Cortez • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Riverside • Verified via LinkedInI started off as a automotive technician looking to change careers. So I decided to attend a bootcamp so that I could acquire as much knowledge and as quickly as I could. As someone coming into the course with no experience in web development it took me some time to understand it, but I can say with the support that the instructor and TA's gave me I overcame a lot of the struggles I had in the beginning. Since this is a bootcamp the material will be presented very quick. Be prepared to spend a lot of time reviewing the activities and make sure to ask a lot of questions if the content isn't clear.
Overall it was an amazing experience and to look back and realize how much I learned just by taking the course I can say I am thankful I took the leap. One thing I will add is that you get what you put in so make sure you put in your best effort the resources and help they provide will help you make it through.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UCR Extension Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamWednesday, May 13 2020Way to go, Isaac! We're happy to hear you chose our program to make a significant career change. Our entire team is truly passionate about enabling student success, so it's great to know you benefited from their support. We completely agree that you get what you put in, so we applaud all your hard work. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! All the best in your future endeavors.
- CyberSecurity- 4/30/2020Albert Estrada • Senior Systems Administrator • Graduate • Course: Cybersecurity - Part-Time • Campus: Riverside • Verified via LinkedInI am a recent graduate of the CyberSecurity class. Even though I have approx 20yrs of experience it was amazing to see how much there was still to learn. We had a diverse class ranging from those new to IT to those will years of experience. The instructor always kept the class engaged in the topics and pushing us to think outside of the box, to think like an Ethical Hacker. The class starts off showing you the basics and gradually leads you down the rabbit hole of security. We explored forensics and incident response, to building and configuring security appliances. Before we knew it we were learning how to target systems as a penetration tester. If you are considering entering the CyberSecurity field, this is a great place to start.
Besides having knowledgable instructors we had great TA's that not only provided help and guidance when needed but also made themselves available outside of class time.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UCR Extension Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamTuesday, May 05 2020Amazing, Albert! We're thrilled you chose our program to continue advancing your skills and enjoyed the topics covered. Our entire instructional team is truly passionate about enabling student success, so it's great to know you benefited from their support. Congratulations on completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! We wish you all the best moving forward.
- Recent Graduate- 3/31/2020Joseph Badua • Programmer Analyst II • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Riverside • Verified via LinkedInThis has been, without a doubt, one of the best decisions I've ever made. While simultaneously pursuing an undergrad degree in a field I was slowly losing interest in, I took a leap and decided to try and learn how to code and web development. In short, it reignited my passion for learning. The instructors were amazing, the people were friendly, and the material taught was practical and could always be used in a job-like setting. You learn the fundamentals for what employers are looking for and you build a network of like-minded people to help you tackle any struggles that come your way. Something that was stressed in my class was that who you know is as important as what you know. They made sure students were competitive to employers and were ready to join the workforce right after graduation. Of course, it wasn't a walk in the park, and there are no guarantees. There were sleepless nights and tons of hair-pulling trying to learn and understand how things work. To be honest, I still haven't figured it all out, but I'm still learning and trying to and that's what matters. If you have that inner drive to continuously improve and learn, then this boot camp is a great catalyst to accelerate your future; giving you sought after skills in an exponentially growing industry. Thanks to the people at this boot camp, I've gone from studying towards an English degree with no prior knowledge of coding and development to learning a new skill and eventually landing a job within less than a year.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UCR Extension Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamThursday, Apr 02 2020Thank you, Joseph! We're happy to hear our boot camp reignited your passion for learning. Our entire team is truly committed to enabling student success so we're thrilled this resonated with you. Like you mentioned, if you have the inner drive to continuously improve and learn, this program might be the catalyst you're looking for. Congratulations on graduating! We're confident you'll go on to achieve great things in the future with your newfound skills.
- Recent Graduate- 2/19/2020Thomas Nelson • Full-Stack Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Riverside • Verified via GitHubI can honestly say going to this bootcamp was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I had always wanted to pursue coding/programming, but college always made it seem like math was essential to the field. This prevented me from being able to pursue the CS degree I originally wanted. Because of this, I gave up on the idea. It wasn't till last year that I decided to look back into it, and I realized that math was never much of a requirement, at least in Software/Web Development. This prompted me to learn a little on my own, and eventually enroll in the bootcamp.
I've learned more in these past six months than I ever had before. I won't lie, it was hard. It was frustrating at times, I felt like giving up a couple times here and there, but if you stick with it, you will learn. The instructor and TA's were fantastic, and the fact that it is an in-person bootcamp meant I could talk to them, as well as my peers, face-to-face. This was invaluable to me, as working with others makes learning more fun, and easier, as you have real people to bounce ideas and solutions off of.
If you feel that this is a field you will truly enjoy and you like learning, I can't recommend this bootcamp enough.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UCR Extension Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamFriday, Feb 21 2020Thank you for sharing your student experience, Thomas! We're thrilled you chose our program to chase your dreams and make a significant career change.
Like you noted, if you stick with it, you can succeed. Reaching out to classmates and the instructional team for support as well as taking advantage of all the boot camp's available resources can prove to be invaluable throughout your learning journey. Congratulations on successfully completing the course, we appreciate your recommendation! We're rooting you on in all that you do.
- Boot Camp Student of UCR Extension Boot Camps- 2/19/2020Xavier Davis • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Riverside • Verified via GitHub"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life..."-Steve Jobs.As someone who just came out of high-School, these are great words to follow. We don't even know what's to come tomorrow, so why not start that dream right now and make that dream, reality! Knowing how short our lives our what better place to start than a school that offers this dream to you as fast as six-months to let you get a head start compared to the rest of the world. This class was quite rigorous, so being proactive and not procrastinating allowed for that precious time we have to be used to the fullest in such a small time frame.
Another useful trick to managing one's busy schedule with this school was creating a set schedule for the day because you do not want any day going by without coding. Also, the best advice I can give to a fellow future student is always double-checking what you are unsure of from google. You get to learn real fast that google becomes your best buddy.
This class truly helped me to learn so many valued aspects of life. The best part about this journey was that I was not alone in this endeavor. I had many supporters that helped me varying from the TA's, instructor and classmates. In conclusion, this school was the best decision I could make to help jump start that dream I had into a reality that keeps on giving knowing that there is this vast world out there waiting for me to make my mark.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UCR Extension Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamThursday, Feb 20 2020Amazing, Xavier! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the program and successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development. Great advice for prospective students—effectively managing your time and using Google as a supplemental resource will help you get ahead.
We strive to foster a collaborative and supportive environment, so we're thrilled you reached out to your classmates and benefited from our instructional team's assistance. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We can't wait to see how you'll use your newfound skills in the future.
- Graduate- 2/13/2020William Gonzales • Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Riverside • Verified via LinkedInI experienced a lot during my time at the Coding Bootcamp. Both rewarding and frustrating at times. However, whenever I felt like i needed help, the instructor and TAs were very helpful in showing me how to approach the problem. The program provided sufficient materials and resources to learn the topics in the curriculum. But if there was something I learned from my time at the bootcamp, Google is your friend! Overall, I thought the program was set up to allocate the students with the materials that they need, and the services to become job ready, and employer competitive.
With that being said, you have to be proactive and put in the effort necessary to learn the concepts. If you ever feel like its frustrating, trust me, you will figure it out. Be ready to spend a lot of time working on class assignments, homework and projects outside of class. I would recommend YouTube for learning concepts, additional research, and thorough elaboration if you feel confused. Again, Google is your friend.
For the student experience, I will say this. You may feel like you're not understanding it at first, but that is not true. You are learning at your pace, and your pace is good! I felt at times where i just was not understanding something, and I didn't want to turn something in because it was not fully completed. However, I would come back to it a week later, and I would have the, 'Aha!' moment that would give me that feeling of relief and success that validates my growth as a developer. You can do it. Just keep coding! practice, practice, practice!
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UCR Extension Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamFriday, Feb 14 2020Way to go, William! We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and found our instructional team to be beneficial throughout your studies.
Like you mentioned, being proactive and putting in the necessary effort both inside and outside of the classroom is the key to success. "We completely agree that there's nothing better than finally getting that "Aha!" moment."
Congratulations on successfully completing the course, we truly appreciate your review! We wish you all the best as you move forward.
- Full Stack Web Development- 11/11/2019Dupe Fadina • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Riverside • Verified via LinkedIn
I had an intense but rewarding experience with this coding bootcamp. The instructor and TAs were very helpful in showing me how to use documentation and online community resources to learn a new framework or solve a problem. Admin and Support Staff constantly checked in to make sure I was getting a lot from the program. The program also provided sufficient materials and resources to learn the topics in the curriculm. In general, I thought the program was set up to allow students succeed and be employer ready.
As many of the reviewers have said, you have to be proactive and put in the effort necessary to learn the concepts. Be ready to spend a lot of time working on class assignments, homeworks and projects outside of class. Google is also going to be your friend, as you will get comfortable finding solutions on websites such as Stack Overflow. Most importantly, do not hesitate to ask the instructor and TAs for help when you are stuck.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UCR Extension Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamMonday, Nov 11 2019We appreciate your review, Dupe! We're happy you benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team and enjoyed the curriculum. Great advice for prospective students—reaching out to the instructional team as well as dedicating extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom is key. Congratulations on graduating! We're rooting you on in all your future coding endeavors.
- Student- 10/30/2019Mesay • Student • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Riverside • Verified via LinkedIn
Even though I have some IT background I was wondering where to start the Journey of codding world. Thank You for UCR Codding Bootcamp I have completed the 24 weeks program with a lot of class projects to show to my employers. Now I start looking for a job as a full stack developer. Thank you, Mike and Joe, for guiding us to this Journey. Not To mention Ryan Tony and Felipe's unlimited help!
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UCR Extension Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamMonday, Nov 04 2019Amazing, Mesay! We're thrilled to hear you benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team and were able to create multiple projects with your newfound web development skills—we also think Mike, Joe, Ryan, Tony, and Felipe are pretty amazing. Congratulations on graduating and all the best moving forward!