TechLaunch’s Web Developer program is a 9-month bootcamp designed to turn beginners into full stack web developers in Miami, Florida. This course has a 25-hour per week schedule, so students can continue to work while they learn. Of those 25 hours, 20 hours is classroom time and the rest is practiced outside the classroom.
In this program, students will learn front-end web development, including basic HTML5, CSS3, and JS, in addition to SASS, jQuery, React.JS, object oriented programming, and functional programming. The back-end portion of the course focuses on Node.js. Since TechLaunch is a code school that cares about job skills, they also include a 6-week track in PHP – a code camp within a code camp.
The 9-month Web Development program is one of the first programs of its kind to be eligible for federal financial aid for qualified applicants. Once students complete this program, the Career Services team will work with them to find an opportunity to use their new skills. With dedicated instructors, an understanding support staff, and a talented Career Services team, TechLaunch can teach you the skills you need to start an amazing tech career in less than a year.
Recent TechLaunch Reviews: Rating 5.0
Recent TechLaunch News
- In Person
Start Date None scheduled Cost N/A Class size N/A Location MiamiAs a student in our Cyber Security Network Technician program, you’ll learn about every aspect of Cyber Security – from software distribution and updates and troubleshooting support to implement auditing policy and performing scheduled vulnerability-assessment scans. Through lectures, discussions, demonstrations, exercises, and laboratory projects, we’ll introduce the 21st century cloud-based systems administration on Azure and AWS and prepare you to perform all basic configuration procedures to build LAN and WAN interfaces for the most commonly used router protocols. Upon completing this program, you’ll be qualified to manage, support, and troubleshoot information systems with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and Linux, as well as configure Cisco switches and routers.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
In PersonPart Time20 Hours/week
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost N/A Class size 10 Location MiamiOur in-person Web Development courses are designed for busy adults who can't quit their day jobs but are driven to boost their professional skills or change their career. Few Coding Schools offer the length and breadth of material that we do. We are a Computer Programming School devoted to creating Web Application Developers with sound Computer Science skills. Our curriculum is designed to be completed in a dense, but realistic time frame of nine months. By the end of the 9-month program, each student will have their own portfolio full of web applications, something which university graduates lack and employers desperately seek.
Deposit N/A FinancingFederal financial aid available to those who qualify.
Minimum Skill Level None, beginners welcome! Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
20 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Full Stack Web Developer- 9/7/2018Daniel Usani • Graduate • Course: Web Developer • Campus: Miami • Verified via LinkedIn
FVI TechLaunch was something I wanted to try out and see how it went but the very first week of attendance I was very impressed at how stuctured the curriculum was and most importantly was the level of patience the instructors had with the students. They made sure to review the previous day's work all the time and introduced the students to stand-ups early in the program.
I came into TechLaunch with prior programming knowledge and skills but even with those skills I found that I lacked the skill to think critically, that is what I believe was a major achievement for me attending TechLaunch. One of a web developer's super power is to have the ability to learn because technology is evry changing. TechLaunch develops this skill by putting its students through rigorous but achieveable tests and challenges.
I am glad I got to attend TechLaunch and graduate. If you get the chance and get accepted into the program, don't pass it up.
- Web Developer- 8/27/2018Kevin Gonzalez • Graduate • Course: Web Developer • Campus: Miami • Verified via GitHub
My experience at FVI: TechLaunch was something new for me. I came into the school, not knowing a thing about computers. I didnt know what classes were gonna be like even though I I was given the curriculumn for the whole course. When I started to learn in my first class I started to really enjoy it and and find it really interesting. As I went through the full course, it was a rough ride but I didnt stop because as much as it was stressful it was also fun and interesting. I never had a taste for having problem solving skills, but now I know what its like.
I would definitely recommend anyone that would be at least a little bit interested in what its like to see and experience what goes on behind a simple page of any kind, like a gif search page or something like that, to really see how things work together. The professors that, are absolutely enthusiastic and get you going, and make you want to learn more and more each class. One of my favorite teachers is Frank, he's very good at coding and really understands what hes doing. He uses a white board to get you to understand what it is that you have questions for, and if you still dont understand what's going on he wont hesitate to repeat himself more thoroughly. Theres three wheels of different sets of classes, frank is in wheel two. whatever you dont get in wheel one, Frank will go back and refine you knowledge with you.I've gotten a lot of of TechLaunch and I've grown to be apart of the family.
The staff and students are great people and if you ever need help with anything, anyone is there for you to help in any way. I'm a graduate now, from TechLaunch and I'm still going back to refine my knowledge on what I learned, and I really love that when you become an alumni of the school, you can go back at any time for free, to any classes you would want to refresh your mind on or learn about any new languages that may come up in the future. I'm gonna stick with TechLaunch even if i get a job in the field we're going for, its always great to go back even if you feel youve learned a lot, theres always more to learn. I hope that anyone gets inspired to go, its a really great school and the professors are always trying to improve the student experience as much as they can.
- Wicked Awesome!- 8/18/2017Eric • web developer • Student • Course: Web Developer • Campus: Miami • Verified via LinkedIn
Classes are from 5:30 to 10:30. They are held in a nice coworking space so there is plenty of opportunity for networking if you get there a little early. The instructors have the right mix of not letting you get lost in the code but also not spoon feeding all of the information, so you get used to looking things up when they don't work but they are happy to help when you need it. The majority of the course work is actually building apps and websites so you'll have a portfolio when you're done. There are plenty of places to eat within walking distance of the school and plenty of good coffee on site. The GI Bill covers it so good news for military folks. My favorite part is that they already found me work before I finished. I have no complaints at all. Do it!!
- Full Stack Developer- 3/25/2019Katleen Ludger • Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Course: Web Developer • Campus: Miami
TechLaunch was a really good experience. Teachers and administators are really nice. They really care for you and want you to succeed, they help you to do so. The program wasn't too long or too short. Its 9 months of intensive learning and lots of studying which can get hard at times, but if you push through it you wont regret it. The director of the program is always ready to help and thats not an exaggeration. He is definitely one of the people that help me get through this intensive program. Also I love the structure that the program gives to learn the languges, with out the structure and guidance it would have taken me a good 4 years to get the amount of knowlege, I have now.
- Web Development- 12/6/2018Lazara Michelle • Graduate • Course: Web Developer • Campus: Miami
Techlaunch was amazing. I learned about new technologies and used industry-wide tools. I feel more confident to apply to developer jobs knowing that I now have the knowledge and skills listed on job postings. The teachers and admin staff were kind, respectful, and helpful. I feel blessed to have had this opportunity.
- Web Developer- 10/8/2018Ines Hernandez • Web Developer • Graduate • Campus: Miami
A few months ago I saw the course announced on Facebook, and I realized that my opportunity for improvement was in Techlaunch. The program was very interesting and covered the knowledge that I was looking to learn.
We have very good techlaunch teachers, with a lot of experience and a lot of knowledge to help the students to easily understand the new classes and contents. From the first class the teachers instruct us on how to begin to elaborate our portfolio, and they indicate us how to use the tools to incorporate the new projects, and at the same time to begin to elaborate the resume.
The techlaunch team and the teachers work directly with us students to perfect the portfolio and the resume, and Andrea, in a very professional way, prepares us and gives us instructions individually to get a successful interview
I personally recommend the web devolper techlaunch program for anyone who wants to acquire knowledge of computer science or simply, as is my case, add new technologies and languages to those already known. The quality of the classes is guaranteed, since it is completely linked to the quality of the teachers of the program, which, without a doubt, is excellent.
- Junior Web Developer- 9/12/2018Arnaldo Gonzalez • Jr. Web Developer • Graduate • Campus: Miami
My experience in techlunch was great! During all this time I learn programing and how to do an app, web pages, create databases and much more. Also learn how work in a team. I had a great time with all instructors and classmates. It was a nice, and friendly learning environment. I recommend the web program.
- Web Developer- 8/27/2018Sylvano Umbac • Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Web Developer • Campus: Miami
My experience at Techlaunch was positive overall. The program challenged me and taught me how to come up with solutions to real world problems. Though the courses are meant to have a full overview of full stack web development, there's still a fair amount of independent research that needs to be done. The instructors are very knowledgable and encouraging. They allow the students to struggle a little so that we aren't really hand-held through the entire process. Through this course, I was able to learn to be very resourceful and the biggest benefit is when you're able to get ahead of the class so that you can ask the instructors more advance topics. I feel confident in myself to apply at jobs and be able to learn whatever language or framework the position is looking for. I would recommend this program to anyone who is willing to learn and push themselves to be great programmers. The school does have job assistance, but I was able to go out and apply for a job myself because I believed I was ready.
- Web Developer- 1/21/2018Yamile • Student • Course: Web Developer • Campus: Miami
- Web Development- 1/17/2018P. Nunez • Student • Student • Course: Web Developer • Campus: Miami
- Web Developer- 9/17/2017Yastrenky • Student • Course: Full Stack Web Developer • Campus: MiamiThe web developer course that techlauch offers is some of the best I've seen, an excellent program of study with excellent teachers. Becoming a great programmer is the dream of my life and TechLauch is going to help me achieve it. Thank you for this incredible opportunity.
- A great experience- 9/7/2017Dairon Rodriguez • Course: Full Stack Web Developer • Campus: Miami
- Best learning experience- 8/22/2017Alain Tavarez • Front-End Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Web Developer • Campus: Miami
- BootCamp- 8/21/2017Peter S. Vegliante • Student • Course: Full Stack Web Developer • Campus: Miami
Attending TechLaunch boot camp was nothing more than an amazing experience. I started out with absolutely zero knowledge of coding. The instructors worked with me one on one when I need help in classes and even late at night and by late at night I mean 2330 (1130pm), on weekends, they would even come in to class early. That level of dedication is extremely rare in teachers/instructors. They covered the material in-depth and made sure I had complete understanding. By half way through the school I was already working with individual clients on projects. The staff always made me feel welcome with a warm GENUINE smile and always greeted me by name. The placement staff works tirelessly to help get you employed before you finish school. Other than me actual home, there is no other place that I have felt more welcome and more at home than at TechLaunch.
- I'm so proud to be part of this program.- 8/19/2017Jose Julien • Student • Course: Web Developer • Campus: Miami
I'm 22 years old and I have been enrolled with schools all my life (well, almost) and I can tell you starting with them has been the best desition I made in the past years. I'm proud to be part of this because I am pretty sure if they continue in the future as they are doing now they will get very far inside this industry. Thank you!!!
- TechLaunch Bootcamp- 8/18/2017Marcel Barrios • Student • Course: Web Developer • Campus: Miami
I am a student at TechLaunch, and my experience have been great so far. All the instructors are friendly, but at the same time they push you to grasp the concepts. The languages we study are the ones that are in demand in Miami and Worldwide. They provide great financing and scholarships. The location is awesome. They have specialized personal that help you get a job. I am very happy with my decison of getting in TechLaunch, and I highly recommend it.
- It changed my life!- 8/18/2017Frank Veloz • Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Web Developer • Campus: MiamiDoing the the TechLaunch course was the best decision I have ever made. I learned so much and discovered a new world of technology that changed my life for the best. I was able to grow mentally and financially really fast. The coding skills I learned literally launched me to success.
- TechLaunch Bootcamp- 7/21/2017Terria-Marie Jackson • Course: TechHire Bootcamps (high school) • Campus: Miami
- TechLaunch Bootcamp Review- 7/21/2017John Henry • Course: TechHire Bootcamps (high school) • Campus: Miami
I Did The Summer Boot Camp Program With Tech Launch. And It Was Very Informative I Learned Alot About Technology And The Program Helped Me Understand The Uses Of Technology. I Like The Way The Program Is structured And How It's Very Hands- On. All In All, It's A Great Program!!
- La mejor escuela- 1/17/2017María Saenz • Graduate • Campus: Miami