software-guild-logo

Software Guild

Software Guild

The Software Guild offers immersive full-time, online, 12-week or part-time, 10 to 14-month coding bootcamps. Courses focus on .NET/C# and Java and do a deep dive into the language fundamentals, server side, data tier, user interface, and tools. Software Guild focuses on .NET/C# and Java because those stacks are stable, proven, and in highest demand in the enterprise. The Software Guild takes driven beginners, or more experienced students passionate about development, and prepares them to compete for jobs as professional developers.

Prospective applicants must fill out an application, complete an admissions interview, take an aptitude assessment, and complete Software Guild’s Introduction to Web Development. The Software Guild looks for applicants who are self-starters with high levels of motivation and tenacity who know when to ask for help, work well with others, keep positive attitudes in the face of adversity, love learning and problem-solving, and are excited to build cool new things.

Recent Software Guild Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (152) reviews for Software Guild →

Recent Software Guild News

Read all (55) articles about Software Guild →
  • Java

MySQL, AngularJS, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Java
    Start Date July 12, 2021
    Our 12-week Java coding bootcamp teaches you everything you need to know to enter junior developer roles in the workforce. We provide career preparation, portfolio development and help with your resume and the interview process. Learn from expert instructors with an average of over 10 years of industry experience in our classrooms remotely. Experience immersive education and change your life by learning software development skills.
    Options available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    Refund / GuaranteeRefund yes, Guarantee no
    ScholarshipThe Software Guild offers several different discounts, including for ‘Women in Tech’ and ‘Veterans Who Code ’
    July 12, 2021 - Online Apply by June 25, 2021
    August 9, 2021 - Online Apply by July 23, 2021
    September 6, 2021 - Online Apply by August 20, 2021
  • .NET/C#

HTML, C#, .NET, CSS
    Start Date July 12, 2021
    Our 12-week .NET/C# coding bootcamp teaches you everything you need to know to enter junior developer roles in the workforce. We provide career preparation, portfolio development and help with your resume and the interview process. Learn from expert instructors with over 10 years of industry experience in our classrooms remotely. Experience immersive education and change your life by learning software development skills.
    Options available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    Refund / GuaranteeRefund yes, Guarantee no
    ScholarshipThe Software Guild offers several different discounts, including for ‘Women in Tech’ and ‘Veterans Who Code’
    July 12, 2021 - Online Apply by June 25, 2021
    August 9, 2021 - Online Apply by July 23, 2021
    September 6, 2021 - Online Apply by August 20, 2021
  • C#/.NET Grad
    - 5/6/2021
    Matt Gozel • Associate Software Consultant • Graduate
    I absolutely loved my time at the Software Guild. I did the .NET/C# self-paced track online. The flexibility of doing it online worked really well for me. I was able to do the coursework around my schedule and keep working full-time while enrolled. It took me about 10 months to complete the program.

The curriculum was well-balanced and prepared me well for interviews and for working as a software developer building business applications in the corporate sector. My instructor was very knowledgeable. The program was also great at teaching me how to fish. Upon graduation, I had the skills to be able to continue my education, to know how to find answers and to understand which directions I needed to grow. Coding is and always will be a life-long learning process. I felt the Software Guild gave me the skills to continue to develop on my own.

Upon graduation, their support in my job hunt was second-to-none. They offered guidance on my resume, LinkedIn, networking, basically everything. They have a very strong network of employers they work with. They were able to help me get interviews, do interview prep and walk me through the entire interview process. They don't do everything for you, you still have to work at it, but they were very supportive the whole way through.

From the day I finished the program to the day I got my first job offer was a little over 6 weeks (in the middle of a pandemic). The Software Guild was a great investment for me and my family. I absolutely recommend their program.
  • William Kelly • Junior Application Developer • Graduate
    The Guild jump-started my career as a software engineer. I opted for the online C#/.NET cohort and it changed my life! The instructors are friendly and push you to achieve your goals. They are knowledgeable and do a great job to answer any questions you have. Their system of delivering you information is organized and easy for tech beginners to understand. The Software Guild covers a lot of real-world coding styles and solutions that are relevant in the modern tech world. Upon graduating the Software Guild, I still got plenty of assistance when it came to finding a job. This prepared me for the real-world coding interviews that can be very intimidating to newcomers. I highly recommend the Guild journey to anyone interested in furthering their career as a developer.
  • Megan • Graduate
    I came to the Software Guild because I had some experience in coding, but couldn't get a job in it with just my non-computer science degree. With my background knowledge and prior self-teaching, some parts of the course were very easy, but most of it introduced me to higher-level topics that I probably wouldn't have been otherwise exposed to. I went from writing simple algorithms and console applications to building full-stack applications in 6 months. The material was very approachable, yet challenging. My instructor was always readily available to answer questions. I would recommend the Software Guild to anyone looking for a bootcamp. I really enjoyed the self-paced online learning and it was probably the most reasonably priced bootcamp I've seen, but it's still very highly regarded by many employers in my area (Twin Cities, MN). I actually got my job offer right as I was finishing my course.
  • Dave Hershkowitz • Application Specialist • Graduate
    I discovered the Software Guild through Cal. State Long Beach, which was advertising the boot camp as a continuing education class. I was definitely nervous about enrolling as it was a large expense however it was not as expensive as some of the other options and there were a large number of positive reviews. I am very glad that I chose to enroll. I loved the experience and felt like I learned a lot. I was assigned an instructor who was great to work with and would help me if I got stuck on anything.

One of the things I was nervous about prior to enrolling was the fact that the Software Guild was clearly focused on the mid-west, and given that I lived in California I was unsure how much support I would be getting compared to those that lived closer to their hubs. I do feel that they made an effort to work around my schedule and the time difference, however I think this is still an area that they can improve in.

While I loved working with the instructor assigned to me, and felt he was very qualified, I did begin to realize that the different instructors had different standards for work. I feel that there should be a more closely aligned rubric between all instructors so that everybody gets more or less the same experience.

The job placement assistance felt satisfactory. Once again I think there was a slight disadvantage in this department with regards to being located outside of the mid-west where most of the software guild's resources are, however I think my experience here should be taken with a grain of salt, the Covid pandemic set in a month and a half after I graduated and made the job hunting experience much more difficult than it might otherwise have been.
  • Dennis Furlong • Automation Engineer • Graduate
    I've been a tech enthusiast for over half of my life and I turn 25 this year. I've made my own small projects just outside the scope of hello-world, and learned a few things here and there about algorithms. I picked up some concepts that developers lean on and how they use them. But I knew I could never actually DO the work to make a cohesive application that stands up on its own legs by itself. There was always something in a tutorial that eluded me, or it was an outdated piece of information I was learning from or what have you.

Well I'm glad I found this company from a friend who works with an alumnus. Because as of March 5th, 2020, 4 months after graduation, I landed an Automation Engineering position at GE, Haier here in Louisville making 2.5x as much as I've ever made. I wouldn't have seen an interview without this place and what it has done for me as a developer and critical thinker will stick with me for the rest of my days. My colleagues at GE possess MBA's, BA's, and MD's in the various sciences. And I get to work with them! Me! A college dropout! It's not about knowing everything in the book before you get there, it's about the thirst for the journey. That's what your future employer will be looking for.

The Software Guild will go down in my book as one of, if not the only private education specialized to produce competent developers that can actually thrive in the workforce. I believe more than half of my class (11 graduates) have landed a job already as well. That's all thanks to the staff, who are SO incredibly passionate about what they do; they have the guidebook to unlock your understanding for all levels of experience, zero to hero. If you're already a hero, they'll see that and push you even farther. If you're at the zero, they know exactly where you're going to go wrong and when you're going to feel like quitting and are there for you. Is there a better position to be in when you attend? No. I already had a great deal of knowledge relative to my classmates, as some of my classmates were just finding out what the cmd prompt was. Some of those students got jobs way faster than I did.

I 10x'd myself as a critical thinker, programmer, designer. All because the instructors are patient, humorous, down-to-earth and above-all accomplished and brilliant. The supporting staff as well, like Jess and Kipp and Amy ( and more ) are all unsung heroes too. They aren't part of your software education per-say, but they are part of holding you accountable to pursue that job and how to carry yourself to land that job. Those staff members mentioned are the ones who are providing job leads, practice interviews, resume building, networking opportunities, seminars, weekly check-ins; that all support you in your final stretch to landing your life-changing job.

Thank you to everyone at The Software Guild. Best decision of my life. I hope if you aspire to be a developer but are at ends meet with being self-taught and think you can do better for yourself; consider looking into investing 1/4th of a year into this place. I highly, highly doubt you will regret it.
  • Java Bootcamp
    - 12/17/2019
    Anna Goranova • associate consultant • Graduate

I had a great experience going through the Java online boot camp at Software Guild. And furthermore, I had immediate success finding a job even before finishing the camp. SoftwareGuild has proven in the industry in the Twin Cities and is well known here among the businesses so it was very easy to find a job as a junior developer. The employer had hired graduates from the boot camp who had proven as good employees with enough knowledge to do the job.

The mentoring was great, I had support not only from my mentor but from every instructor that was online. They were answering my questions quickly and not only during their Open Office Hours but whenever they were available. And there was always someone available to help me.

• Great Course!
    - 7/22/2019
    Mich • Associate Consultant • Graduate
    It was very demanding, but worth the effort!
  • Matt B • Tech Engineer • Graduate

Before joining The Software Guild, I was a warehouse worker with a 4 year degree I couldn't do much with. I wasn't happy in terms of career and wanted much more. I wanted a rewarding challenge. Joining this apprenticeship was one of the best experiences I have ever had. I received hands on/real world experience, met some amazing individuals, established myself in a family I am very honored to be apart of...All while building an amazing portfolio to show off in interviews.

The staff is fantastic and the instructors are legitimate masters at what they do, they all have the background to prove it. My instructor never gave up on me. She was extremely supportive, patient, and explained the complex depth of full stack web development in a way I could digest. She was absolutely amazing! If you plan on joining The Software Guild, be prepared to put in some hours. However, DON'T GIVE UP!!! When all is said and done, you'll be a completely different person, living a completely different life, in a much better way.

• Chris Logsdon • Graduate

As soon as I had read an article in Louisville Business First, I thought I should look into programming as a career, and specifically, The Software Guild. The instructors were excellent. They had solid credentials and knew what they were doing and they gave us all individual attention when needed. Not only were the instructors skilled, but so was the rest of the staff. The Career advisor proved himself to be an invaluable resource, before and after graduation. One thing I have noticed in my time in the workforce is that many people shy away from giving you honest and useful feedback. Not so at The Software Guild, and that is refreshing and reassuring. They will NOT rubber stamp a pass for you one something you wrote that is not your best effort. They will help you understand what you did wrong in a project, and they are not afraid to stay after or turn up early just to help out, or if you need a word. If you are looking for a place where you cangain a good foundation as a programmer, and where you will be able to work hard and grow as a student/professional, this is the place.

• Bob McCarthy • Software Engineer • Graduate

Definitely the best money I have ever spent in my tech career. The instructors are nice, know what they're talking about, and care about getting you work. The guys who work behind the scenes are jsut as dedicated, it took me almost 6 months to get my first tech job and they still called me once a week, every week, to give me info and hear how i've been doing. Would definitely recommend.

• Ashley S. • IT Specialist • Graduate

After deciding to change careers to become a software developer, I chose The Software Guild out of my other options because I could attend the course in person, it had a great reputation, and according to the graduate report, the placement rate for graduates was 92.6% for full time employment within 6 months. I knew very little about development before being accepted into the boot camp, mainly just basic HTML and CSS. After taking an aptitude test and being accepted, I spent 8 weeks learning JavaScript and jQuery through a prework course before beginning the Java boot camp in January. Immediately I was struck by the quality of the coursework from the pre-course instructions, and that quality bore out after starting the Java track.

The Java course was taught by an amazing teacher who graduated from MIT and has worked at Microsoft, but she made the work fun and enjoyable. I got a grounding in the principles of object oriented programming, model-view-controller architecture, and the tech stack included Java 8, Maven, and Spring MVC for the first half of the course. The second half introduces SQL databases and Spring Boot to focus on creating data-driven web applications. The pace was consistently fast and I pretty much didn't have a social life over the 12 weeks of the camp, but it was well worth it.

During the second half of the course, I was given career coaching to get me ready for the job hunt after graduating, everything from working with recruiters to how to interview. The Guild also had 2 interview days, one with recruiters, and the other with actual local businesses with job openings. The speed interviews led to a couple of second interviews, and an offer within 2 weeks of graduating. In my current job, I have a deep appreciation for how the coursework prepared me for Java programming and that the pace from the camp has also made it easier for me to learn and adapt to the projects quickly. Overall, I can't recommend the Guild enough for anyone considering becoming a software developer.

Software Guild Outcomes

92% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 35 graduates included in report:

90% of job obtainers reported salaries. 0% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.