software-guild-logo

Software Guild

Software Guild

The Software Guild offers immersive full-time, online, 12-week or part-time, 10 to 14-month coding bootcamps. Courses focus on .NET/C# and Java and do a deep dive into the language fundamentals, server side, data tier, user interface, and tools. Software Guild focuses on .NET/C# and Java because those stacks are stable, proven, and in highest demand in the enterprise. The Software Guild takes driven beginners, or more experienced students passionate about development, and prepares them to compete for jobs as professional developers.

Prospective applicants must fill out an application, complete an admissions interview, take an aptitude assessment, and complete Software Guild’s Introduction to Web Development. The Software Guild looks for applicants who are self-starters with high levels of motivation and tenacity who know when to ask for help, work well with others, keep positive attitudes in the face of adversity, love learning and problem-solving, and are excited to build cool new things.

Recent Software Guild Reviews: Rating 4.68

all (158) reviews for Software Guild →

Recent Software Guild News

Read all (56) articles about Software Guild →
  • Java

AngularJS, CSS, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, jQuery, MySQL
    Start Date December 06, 2021
    Our 12-week Java coding bootcamp teaches you everything you need to know to enter junior developer roles in the workforce. We provide career preparation, portfolio development and help with your resume and the interview process. Learn from expert instructors with an average of over 10 years of industry experience in our classrooms remotely. Experience immersive education and change your life by learning software development skills.
    Options available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    Refund / GuaranteeRefund yes, Guarantee no
    ScholarshipThe Software Guild offers several different discounts, including for ‘Women in Tech’ and ‘Veterans Who Code ’
    December 06, 2021 - Online Apply by November 19, 2021
  • .NET/C#

C#, CSS, HTML, .NET
    Start Date December 06, 2021
    Our 12-week .NET/C# coding bootcamp teaches you everything you need to know to enter junior developer roles in the workforce. We provide career preparation, portfolio development and help with your resume and the interview process. Learn from expert instructors with over 10 years of industry experience in our classrooms remotely. Experience immersive education and change your life by learning software development skills.
    Options available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    Refund / GuaranteeRefund yes, Guarantee no
    ScholarshipThe Software Guild offers several different discounts, including for ‘Women in Tech’ and ‘Veterans Who Code’
    December 06, 2021 - Online Apply by November 19, 2021
  • Anonymous • Tier 3 Client Support Engineer • Graduate

The syllabus was impressive, covering a full stack of well-known technologies.

Coursework was largely group dependent. If your partner did not hold up their end of the assignment, your grade would suffer. The instructor was extremely poor in grading and giving feedback, even when requested. Not a single piece of code was graded for our second half of the cohort until a few days before the final was due.

The instructor did not complete the syllabus material, despite us having a few free days to do nothing towards the end of finals week. Even requested review sessions were not covered. When our concerns were voiced to the instructor, he became vindictive and left poor comments on our certificate.

If you are not willing to teach yourself most of the coursework, and cannot learn properly without feedback, I would not recommend this course to you.

• Anonymous • Software Developer • Graduate

The Software Guild was a way out of a job that didn't make me happy. In high school, I decided to go into my family business instead of pursuing my love at the time which was computers and software. I had turned 30 and started wishing that I had made a different decision. I didn't want to invest the time and money in a university masters program and decided to take a chance on one of these software bootcamps. I chose the Software Guild because it was close to home, had great reviews, and it seemed grounded in the practical reality of work/business rather than selling dreams. The reviews were right and I was very happy with the decision I made.

The course was 12 weeks of hard work. Some students got hit by this harder than others, but everyone persevered through and succeeded in the end. We learned through writing code, which is the best way to do it. I ended up getting a job as a developer in Cleveland at a software company and though I'm still 2 weeks from starting, I feel like the environment of the Guild was similar to what it will be at the job so I feel very prepared to walk into it. My job will be in a Python environment. Even though I don't know it, I feel very capable of learning all these new things because I proved to myself I could do it at the Guild.

No, this kind of success won't happen for everyone. I had code in my brain all along, I was just sitting in the wrong job. But if you think you might be in the same wrong track, that you have a brain that thinks logically, syntactically, quickly, and is open to constant change - I couldn't encourage you more to look here.

Software Guild Outcomes

92% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 35 graduates included in report:

90% of job obtainers reported salaries. 0% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.