school16-logo

School16

School16

School16 is a 8-week, live online Technology Career Acceleration bootcamp. Students will gain an understanding of the four core roles in tech: marketing, sales, operations, and product. In the first two weeks, students learn the systems and tools required to be successful in a marketing role. In weeks 3 and 4, students learn direct sales principles. In weeks 5 and 6, students learn the systems, tools, and processes commonly used in B2B and B2C software companies. Students will also learn the basic skills required to improve operational efficiency at both large and small companies. In the final weeks of the bootcamp, students learn the skills needed for enterprise technology and how product management interviews are structured.

Students will work one-on-one with instructors and program managers to develop a personal career plan. Each bootcamp student will select an area of expertise they want to pursue, and they will develop a step-by-step timeline for acquiring the experience they need to land their desired role. School16 students will have the opportunity to develop their network with industry professionals. Students also receive assistance with personal branding. Students can access daily support from program managers and have the opportunity to attend office hours with their instructors.

Need-based scholarships may be available, and there is an option to pay tuition in monthly installments. If applicants are currently unemployed, they won't need to pay tuition until they land a job. Upon graduation, School16 students will receive a certificate of completion.

Recent School16 Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (16) reviews for School16 →

Recent School16 News

• Technology Career Accelerator

Sales, Product Management, Digital Marketing
      OnlinePart Time8 Weeks
      This is a live online Technology Career Acceleration bootcamp. The curriculum consists of three main session types: general career classes to help students develop a personal brand and narrative; specialized role awareness classes that teach students the most important principles of a given role in tech; and experiential classes that put what students learn into immediate practice to help build out a student's resume.
      Monthly payment options with no-interest.
      Tuition PlansSchool16 offers flexible payment options and opportunities to learn risk free. If you're currently unemployed, you won't need to pay tuition until you get a job.
      ScholarshipAll students automatically get considered for need based scholarships.
    • Jin Lee  User Photo
      Jin Lee • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Through School16, I learned that there were so many non-coding jobs available at tech companies. Coming from a non-tech background, I also learned new terms and tools that tech companies use. I got an intro of what the 4 major business roles do - marketing, sales, operations, and product management. I appreciated the assignments and in-class break-out sessions because those helped me put into practice what we learned during each session. The career-oriented assignments, such as pre-program analysis and the list of 10's, got me out of my comfort zone and pushed me to think strategically about my career goals and the target companies that I want to work for in the future.
    • Delia N.  User Photo
      Delia N. • Business Development Rep • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      School16 is a top-notch training program to accelerate your career in tech. The training is cohesive since the program covers several areas of IT including Sales, Marketing, Product, and Operations. The instructors had diverse experience working at small start-ups as well as larger companies like Google, Amazon, and Salesforce.  With the program, I was able to leverage my 4+ years in SaaS Sales and change industries to continue growing my career. My new skillset also allowed me to successfully negotiate higher pay. Whether you're in school or have years of experience in the industry - School16 will teach you the skills to level up your career.
    • Tech Program
      - 12/23/2021
      Adriana Brown • Student
      Firstly, I would like to say this program was amazingly executed, and I would recommend anyone that is interested in switching careers to give it a shot. For the past 3 years I was employed in the Customer Service Industry and felt for a change in career. As someone that doesn’t have a degree this program was a perfect fit and the quality of information was exceeded my expectations for sure, you will have support on your journey. The instructors were amazing and made sure that you are heard and seen. 10/10 recommendation! I just wish it was a bit longer than 8 weeks 😊
    • Most Chill
      - 12/23/2021
      Anne-Marcelle • Career Coach • Graduate
      Before school16, I was looking for ways to create tangible results for UX Research in form of projects. I also wanted to partner with people to create those projects. Being at School16 allowed me to do exactly that. The program had by the most diverse crew I had ever seen in Bootcamp and that's saying something because I've participated in a few, from coding Bootcamp to non-coding, college-alternative programs. I remember thinking on the call, "now this is what the tech industry ought to look like!" I love that the curriculum helped me understand the various moving pieces of a start-up -- operations, sales, customer service, marketing, product management with some design thinking attached. The group projects allowed me to get to know my peers and their strengths, and in the end, I found a co-founder with whom I am going to create a company! I would recommend School16 to those looking to break into tech with purpose and passion.
    • Heaibert Diamond • Licensing Associate • Graduate
      School16 is a great short program that allows you to get your feet wet in several different fields that are growing rapidly right now. Technology is here and not goin anywhere. Instructors provide you with in-depth information within the sectors of product management, sales, marketing and operations. These sectors are significant in the development of any company. The information is valuable and is in conjunction with any field from medical, business, law, entertainment, sports, finance and etc. Great investment for the knowledge and resources given. I recommend given it a try and using every opportunity to soak in the information, complete the tasks and for those looking to secure a job, use the tips given to speak update resumes, LinkedIn and ways to contact recruiters and catch their eyes.
    • Amanda Arroyo Cabezas • Program Manager at Nosotras Women Connecting • Student
      A couple of months ago, I got to know about School16's Technology Career Acceleration Program, and it was wonderful. It has been the most challenging process, academically speaking, that I took this year. Without a doubt, it is the best way to understand the world of technology and how to enter.

My base career is communication and I have always worked on the social sciences side, so having the opportunity to go through an 8-week process to learn more about sales, marketing (From a Tech point of view), operations and the product was amazing. In addition,  during this process, they provide 1: 1 mentorship for professional growth, the instructors are from magnificent organizations and the diversity that exists in the group is incredible to be able to grow.

• Brian Dusape • Graduate
      School16 was definitely worth the investment for me. I learned a lot about product management which is the field that I am transitioning into. There were plenty resources for self study and coaching sessions so I was able to have one on one office hour sessions with the instructors.

I believe the program and my accountability group gave me the support that I needed to really attack my goals this year.

I feel more confident in pursuing opportunities in tech. I learned more about how my background could translate into a product management role. Behind product management, the career development module was my second favorite part of the experience.

My only thing is I wish I would have known how quickly S16 office hour sessions get booked. I would have taken advantage of having more face time with the instructors earlier on in the program. I was able to connect with most of them through LinkedIn afterwards though!

• Vontilla Steven • Graduate
      This is a great program for those who want to learn about opportunities in tech. The curriculum teaches you about four specific roles and sessions are taught by people who currently work in them. Enroll if you are interested in mentorship, building your network, and understanding the tech landscape.
    • ~ V • Graduate
      When I started School16 I knew that career opportunities existed in tech, but the question in the back of my mind was, "How do I start a tech career without ever needing to code in my life?" School16 opened my eyes to how I could translate my skills to succeed in multiple roles, leaving me more confident as I move forward into an exciting new career.
    • Andrew H. • Sales Operations and Strategy • Graduate
      School16 training program gives you a clear understanding of all major non-technical roles in tech companies. I was looking to fill out the blanks in my understanding of different roles to decide where do I want to grow. And I was surprised by the simplicity and cohesion of every module; it was clear that every instructor was very dedicated to helping the students actually understand his area and how this area works with other roles in tech companies.

As a huge bonus, I expanded my network. I highly recommend this course.
    • Graduate
      - 4/18/2021
      Palesa • Graduate
       School16 was an amazing experience. School16 not only gave me an opportunity to expand my network, but I was able to learn from and interact with experts, as well as explore new career opportunities.
    • Jenny • Graduate
      School16 was helpful for me to actively learn about the different non-technical areas of working in tech when I wasn't sure which direction to take or what I didn't know. The course was manageable while working full time, it was nice having a cohort to learn from/with, and the team/instructors are great resources and always willing to help.