rithm-school-logo

Rithm School

San Francisco

Rithm School

Rithm School offers a full-time, 16-week, full stack web development immersion bootcamp in San Francisco, California and will be conducting cohorts remotely through the end of 2020. Their curriculum is centered around JavaScript and Python, and also covers PostgreSQL, Flask, Node, Express, React, Redux, and computer science fundamentals. Rithm School aims to help students to not only gain a deep understanding of the industry but also graduate with a portfolio of real-world projects in which they have been involved. Rithm School was founded in 2016 in San Francisco, California to provide access to a full-time accelerated learning program, with class sizes small enough to provide one-on-one instruction with instructors who have experience in both teaching and web development.

The application process is multi-step, including an online application; a phone call with the Director of Admissions; preparation for the technical interview using a free JavaScript prep course; and a visit to the campus for the problem-solving-focused technical interview. Rithm School will notify students if they are accepted, or suggest more study and a repeat interview.

The final weeks of the Rithm School program involves job readiness preparation and real-time practice. Upon graduation, students receive mentorship from a career coach who can help with connections to companies requiring tech skills, including open opportunities with partner companies, including Slow Ventures network.

Recent Rithm School Reviews: Rating 4.99

all (74) reviews for Rithm School →

Recent Rithm School News

Read all (15) articles about Rithm School →
  • Full-Time Web Development

Front End, JavaScript, Python, React.js, SQL, GitHub
    Start Date October 25, 2021
    LocationSan Francisco
    Rithm’s full-stack web development program is a four-month accelerated learning experience. We take independent and thoughtful students and turn them into confident and creative full-stack developers. We value an intimate learning community and therefore our class sizes are 8-16 students. Our curriculum is centered around JavaScript and Python, and also features two weeks of time to contribute meaningfully to open source.
    Deposit$3,000
    Available through SkillsFund
    Tuition Plans1-3 year plans offered
    ScholarshipRithm awards scholarships of up to $12,000 to support diversity and strong merit.
    October 25, 2021 - San Francisco Apply by October 01, 2021
  • Anonymous • Software Engineer • Graduate

Going to Rithm School was the best decision I’ve ever made.
    I got my dream job (software engineer) in a company I deeply care about in San Francisco and I made lots of new friends while doing it. You *can* have your cake and eat it too!

Prior to Rithm I got accepted into Hack Reactor and was thinking of joining their course. After lots of research, touring multiple bootcamp offices and talking with previous grads I decided on Rithm.
    In hindsight, I’m super glad I chose Rithm because:
    •    working on the company project prepared me for real world engineering work (gathering reqs, creating prototype, communicating with stakeholders, collaborating with team members, code reviews, pull requests, etc)

•    Instructors were experienced developers *and* fantastic teachers. We got to ask any questions we wanted because they keep class sizes small; this meant we could get clarification on advanced topics to better understand them.

•    Example of above: I’ve asked other bootcamp grads about things like CSRF tokens, preventing XSS and other web security issues. Often they had not heard of CSRF or didn’t understand implications of XSS beyond the basics. I’m super happy that Rithm instructors invested time in this area.

•    Curriculum is relevant and highly in-demand: Python and Javascript/Node with React – demand for React devs is off the charts in the Bay Area. Rithm also provided lots of practice with computer science topics like data structures and algorithms. This was crucial for job interviews.

•    Most importantly: support and feedback are exceptional. Elie, Matt, Joel and Michael all go the extra mile and come early / stay late to make sure you’ll be successful. They are amazing. They truly care and that makes all the difference.

Bonus: Rithm office at Sansome St is fantastic - lots of space to collaborate, code and whiteboard!

• Dream Team!
    - 9/14/2016

I had the great privilege to learn coding from Elie, Matt and Tim. They are a harmonious team, as they each have different specialties. Tim will make sure you get strong computer science fundamentals while Elie and Matt will teach you the basics of a language (in my case JavaScript) and a number of modern web technologies with great enthusiasm. And the best thing is, they always make sure you have fun while doing it :) I highly recommend learning from this dream team!