rithm-school-logo

Rithm School

San Francisco

Rithm School

Rithm School offers a full-time, 16-week, full stack web development immersion bootcamp in San Francisco, California and will be conducting cohorts remotely through the end of 2020. Their curriculum is centered around JavaScript and Python, and also covers PostgreSQL, Flask, Node, Express, React, Redux, and computer science fundamentals. Rithm School aims to help students to not only gain a deep understanding of the industry but also graduate with a portfolio of real-world projects in which they have been involved. Rithm School was founded in 2016 in San Francisco, California to provide access to a full-time accelerated learning program, with class sizes small enough to provide one-on-one instruction with instructors who have experience in both teaching and web development.

The application process is multi-step, including an online application; a phone call with the Director of Admissions; preparation for the technical interview using a free JavaScript prep course; and a visit to the campus for the problem-solving-focused technical interview. Rithm School will notify students if they are accepted, or suggest more study and a repeat interview.

The final weeks of the Rithm School program involves job readiness preparation and real-time practice. Upon graduation, students receive mentorship from a career coach who can help with connections to companies requiring tech skills, including open opportunities with partner companies, including Slow Ventures network.

Recent Rithm School Reviews: Rating 4.99

all (74) reviews for Rithm School →

Recent Rithm School News

Read all (15) articles about Rithm School →
  • Full-Time Web Development

Front End, JavaScript, Python, React.js, SQL, GitHub
    Start Date October 25, 2021
    LocationSan Francisco
    Rithm’s full-stack web development program is a four-month accelerated learning experience. We take independent and thoughtful students and turn them into confident and creative full-stack developers. We value an intimate learning community and therefore our class sizes are 8-16 students. Our curriculum is centered around JavaScript and Python, and also features two weeks of time to contribute meaningfully to open source.
    Deposit$3,000
    Available through SkillsFund
    Tuition Plans1-3 year plans offered
    ScholarshipRithm awards scholarships of up to $12,000 to support diversity and strong merit.
    October 25, 2021 - San Francisco Apply by October 01, 2021
  • Jenny • Software Engineer • Graduate
    I am so glad that I made the choice to attend Rithm School. I found an awesome job within 2 months of graduation, and I think this is only because Rithm has prepared me really well for the job search. There are several things that I really enjoyed at Rithm:
    1. The class size is much smaller than other bootcamps, for my cohort we only had 12 people and each one of us was getting so much attention from our instructors;
    2. The curriculum is really well designed, we learned javascript and python and worked with a bunch of different frameworks such as React, Express and Flask, which are all popular frameworks in the tech world now and are in high demand for software engineer jobs;
    3. For everything we learned, there are exercise designed for each section to make sure that we have enough practice on the new knowledge, every weekend, we would also get a comprehensive assessment that captures all the important things we went through during the week;
    4. We did pair programming almost every single day, which taught us how to work with different people as an engineer, the communication skills we learned from pair programming has really helped with my interviews;
    5. The company project differentiates Rithm from a lot of other bootcamps, we got to work on an in-production code base for a startup, during which we worked on teams with their project leads, practiced professional work flows, and got to experience what it was like to work in a real tech company;
    6. Rithm is a super supportive family and everyone wants us to succeed. Each one of us has a designated advisor, a career coach, all of our instructors and TAs are always available as well, we could ask them anything, even after we graduated they still continue to support us;
    7. The alumni network is super strong, I have got quite a few referrals from Rithm alums and one of them turned out to be my current job!
    All in all, this is truly one of the best decisions I have made in my life. It was intense for sure, but it was also a lot of fun! I met a lot of friends, and I have successfully transitioned to be a software engineer. If you are thinking about attending a software bootcamp, I would highly recommend Rithm School!
  • Great experience
    - 3/31/2022
    Sara • Graduate
    Rithm was recommended to me by an engineer hiring manager I know. He said the caliber of student coming out of Rithm was much hiring than other bootcamps.

The instructors were super knowledgable industry professionals. The course work was challenging and interesting. It was definitely worth the money.

I was hired within 2 months of graduating.

• Vanessa • Graduate
    Rithm is a fantastic bootcamp, you will not be disappointed!

The program is well through out and the curriculum is constantly being improved and updated with sought after skills/knowledge/experience. Class sizes are limited to allow you to have more one on one interactions and feedback from instructors. All of the exercises are relevant and validated to ensure that they are appropriately challenging for students. During the sprints, we worked on technically challenging and interesting projects that were fantastic on my resume. I even presented one of them during a final round interview which really impressed the Engineering Manager I was interviewing with. The company project is a game changer! Being able to work in a professional code base, learning the work flow and then being able to speak to it in your resume/interview really puts you a step above the competition. One small note, I was nervous about being cold called in class but it really kept me on my toes and helped to make sure I was always paying attention.

Fantastic! Instructors have real experience and are able to give you insights into how technology is applied in a professional setting. You are given thorough feedback on your code (especially from your weekly assessments) that will help to improve your skills. You are also matched with an advisor throughout the program who you will meet with regularly to help you with technical challenges, career questions, or anything else you may need help with. With small class sizes, you get a lot of attention and help whenever you need it.

The job search preparation is thorough! There is one week focused on technical interviews (including practice whiteboarding, answering technical knowledge questions, and recruiter phone screens). There's another week focused on other job search related topics (ex. cold applying vs. getting a referral, negotiating, how to create a job search schedule, etc.)

Alumni:
    Top notch! You are matched with a buddy as you get closer to job searching and your buddy can be an invaluable resource for your interviewing preparation. I'm incredibly impressed by the community developed by the alumni network who are willing to provide advice, help and/or refer you to interesting roles. When I was searching for a bootcamp, I almost didn't believe how amazing Rithm is due to the relatively few reviews and all the 5 stars. I cold emailed some alumni and they were more than willing to chat with me about their experiences. Now, as an alumni myself, I can validate that this is truly an amazing experience.
  • Celine • Graduate
    I was nervous about applying for a bootcamp and switching careers, but the entire process for Rithm made me feel more confident. This is a tough course, they cover a lot of material and topics in the span of a couple months. It is a full time commitment, even after the lectures are finished. They change their curriculum depending on the current environment, which is good for keeping up to date. I believe that in order to make good use of what you learned you have to put effort into understanding the material and topics. I started with almost no prior knowledge about coding, but I felt confident near the end. They also help with job searches post-grad and have check ins to help you stay on track.
  • Mo E. • Software Engineer • Graduate
    I am a recent Rithm grad from a 2021 cohort! Joel, Elie, and Brit were fantastic instructors and the curriculum was well thought out to provide their students with competitive skills for the job market! I highly recommend Rithm for boosting my career, giving me job security and mobility in the tech sector!
  • Lucas • Software Developer • Graduate

Overall Experience: 10/10

If you are looking for the absolute best coding bootcamp/school - look no further than Rithm School. Going to Rithm was one of the best choices I have ever made in my life. From the first email I sent to admissions, to my last day at Rithm - the entire experience was an A++. Rithm has truly changed my life for the better. They offer a superb curriculum that will give you the hard skills that real employers are looking for. You will be prepared for the first day at your new job and they offer a fantastic internship that builds real work experience while connecting you with people in the industry. This is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to all that this school has to offer.

Instructors: 10/10

The instructors at Rithm School were one of my absolute favorite parts of attending Rithm. They are not only talented developers themselves but have a true gift of teaching. They are available, helpful and do everything in their power to help you succeed. I cannot speak highly enough of Matt Lane, Tim Garcia, Joel Burton, Nate Lipp and Elie Schoppik!

Curriculum: 10/10

The curriculum is FANTASTIC! They have managed to compile the absolute best blend of everything that you will need to know in an industry that is always advancing and changing. I was blown away by how great the curriculum was. The course work and assessments are not easy and that's by design - they make sure that you are legitimately prepared! If you are struggling or having trouble with the work, they are there every step of the way to help keep you on track. You will learn exactly what you need to know in order to succeed in the contemporary world of Software/Web Development.

Job Assistance: 10/10

Another home run! I had the pleasure to work with Zach DeRossette during outcomes. Rithm School provides you with an excellent internship and to top it off, their career coach (Zach) is available after graduation to ensure that you find the job you are looking for. Zach is extremely knowledgeable! He is personable and easy to communicate with. The outcomes portion of the program with Zach makes the process of looking for a job, so much easier!

Final Thoughts:

I'm not one to go around giving undeserved compliments and I could still go on and on about how much Rithm School has to offer. If you are willing to work hard, put in the time and you are serious about starting a career in this field - attend Rithm School!!

• Perry von • Frontend Software Engineer • Graduate
    I decided to stop taking classes at my college due to the lack of infrastructure and the poor transition/execution to 100% remote classes. I wanted to challenge myself, learn applicable material, and feel like I was getting my money's worth. Deciding to enroll and go to Rithm School was one of the best decisions I've made in my adult life. I got everything I wasn't getting in a traditional college and so much more. Rithm School offered me so much that other Bootcamps seem to lack, from the small class sizes and strong alumni community, the internships working with real-world codebases presenting new challenges and frameworks, to the constantly evolving course material and emphasis on learning how to 'learn' on the fly. If I could go back and start the course over again I would do it, I made friends, mentors, and future coworkers all while gaining the skills to feel prepared for my first programming job. Online, in person, or hybrid, Rithm School offers a top-tier education lead by demanding, compassionate and experienced instructors that will prepare you for the real world and give you a leg up amongst a sea of other Bootcamp grads. The school is worth every penny and I would recommend it to anyone looking to take the leap of faith into programming.
  • Success
    - 5/9/2021
    Lucas • Software Engineer • Graduate
    My experience at Rithm school was everything I hoped it would be. Due to the small class size I was able to receive multiple code reviews per day. I felt I learned the most during these code reviews. We did a lot of paired programming on a daily basis which prepared us well for working in a team environment. I enjoyed working with my classmates to solve problems and get insight to see how they were approaching the problems. The most prominent value add was the software engineering internship at the end of the program. We got hands on experience working on a production code base with the team. I was able to secure a software engineering job 1 month after graduation at a startup with a starting salary of 120k cash + equity.
  • Chris • Freelance IT • Applicant
    So first let me state I was only in the application phase but I can give you my experience on that as well as their curriculum, which is open source.

The curriculum itself, I personally think is awesome. Not just the tech stack itself, getting to learn js, React and Python but it’s very well designed. I found it structured very well and super organized. They did t just grab a bunch of material easily available on the web but it seems to be intelligently crafted. I really enjoyed that parts that I have been through.

The part that I had a problem. With was their communication or lack thereof. Initially they were quick to respond and I still get automated follow up emails from them. However, for what ever reason they no longer respond to my questions. I don’t know if it was because I was asking about the programming cost, as it’s more expensive than any other I have found. That is the only thing I can think of. I was inquiring into financing and possible scholarships. I stopped receiving responses to the email or website chat so figured I would sign up for the initial chat with the admissions team. So I clicked on the calendar link, in original follow up email and scheduled a time. However they never showed up! Nobody ever called me at the scheduled time. So for whatever reason their is a breakdown in communication and that is concerning for this large of an investment in time and money.

That’s just my two cents and experience through the application process.

Course report doesn’t seem to let you only rate the items that are application but overall I’d say a two star experience with a 5 star curriculum. I obviously can’t rate the instructors or job assistance but I hear good things about the job placement rates. It won’t let me submit without rating  those items so I will do that and edit it later if allowed.
  • I COULD BE A BOT
    - 1/21/2020
    Jay Chi • Full Stack Engineer • Student

But only because I learned how to make one at Rithm school.

While there are a plethora of other schools that can teach how to do software engineering, not a lot of them can really teach how to be a good software engineer. Rithm teaches foundational knowledge and industry best practices from well seasoned veterans with years in the field (not student teachers!). In addition, the low student to teacher ratio helps with questions and cuts down on a lot of unnecessary frustration.

The internship experience is another huge advantage Rithm has over other schools. It was invaluable talking to prospective employers about real world projects I worked on and how it brought value to the company and my overal learning experience.

Rithm was one of the best decisions I have ever made and allowed me to transition into an incredibly rewarding career. I cannot recommend this school enough!

• Gabriela • Site Reliability Engineer, Apprentice • Graduate

When I was looking into bootcamps I read a ton of reviews and outcome stats for several schools around the country, and ultimately decided to apply to Rithm and one other school that had small class sizes and deferred tuition.

What I got from Rithm was more than just an understanding of the technologies taught in class. I also improved my communication skills, learned how to think like an engineer, and developed passions that I still pursue to this day. The instructors (Elie, Joel, Alissa, and Nate) inspired me every day to become better, and by the time I had graduated, I felt ready to start my job hunt. They also provided incredible support throughout the job hunt process, both through the highs and the lows. I am now proudly working a job I love, at a company I believe in, with a team that fully supports me and my ambitions.

• Loved Rithm!
    - 10/1/2019
    Billy • Software Engineer • Graduate

Growing up with a learning disability, I thrived in situations where class sizes were smaller and one-on-one time with teachers was readily available. When I started looking into different bootcamps I was discouraged by how a lot of the top options had large cohort sizes, and seemingly not enough instructors to provide adequate help. Although it seems like folks who attend these camps are getting a good education and have success finding work, I knew it wasn't a great fit for me. I did manage to find a promising camp that had smaller class sizes ...but they had about a dozen campuses, and I got the impression that they may be spread too thin - that some of the instructors might not be very invested in what they were doing.

After searching for a bit, I managed to find Rithm. It checked all my boxes: small cohort size, quality instructors, a great tech stack, good job placement, one campus, etc. With a hefty amount of studying, I made it through the interview process and worked through the prep.

My experience at Rithm was great. From day one I really felt a sense of community, and that the staff cared about the success of each student. I was really happy with the pace of the curriculum and how easy it was to get help when I needed it. My cohort-mates and I got along great, everyone was encouraging and helpful.

During the main curriculum, an average day consists of 2 lectures and 2 labs. Labs emphasize pair programming. The hours aren't crazy, usually 9 to 5. That being said, pretty much everybody was putting in extra time to stay on top of the material. On the weekends there's an assessment that takes 6-8 hours to complete on average.

Later in program, a few weeks are dedicated to "company projects" where you get the chance to work on a real-world code base. Other camps don't do this sort of thing from what I can tell. The end of the program is dedicated to "outcomes" aka job searching and interview prep. Although time flies during a bootcamp and folks often feel unprepared, these two sections helped me feel confident.

Although Rithm might cost a bit more than other camps, I feel you get your money's worth. An added perk is it's location in San Francisco, where dev jobs are a plenty (check out Urbanests if you need an option for short term housing). It won't happen for everyone, but I managed to get a job offer pretty quickly after I graduated.