product-gym-logo

Product Gym

Austin, Los Angeles, New York City, Online, San Francisco

Product Gym

Product Gym is an exclusive membership association dedicated to the advancement of product managers, providing an exclusive community for networking, skills-building, and career acceleration. Located in New York City, Product Gym offers 30 - 45 hours of in-person instruction taught by a lead instructor and subject matter expert. Covering the product development lifecycle, from ideation to release and maintenance, members learn the skills needed to excel in product management. These trainings include learning how to create a product roadmap, conducting business and market analysis, defining an MVP, evaluating OKRs and KPIs, wireframing, prototype testing, and building stakeholder consensus.

The Product Gym community offers aspiring Product Managers multiple networking, career acceleration, and coaching development channels, all designed to help members and contribute to the community. Applicants do not need to have a base knowledge of product management as Product Gym teaches content to beginners. Professionals with at least 3+ years of relevant working experience looking to make a career transition are welcome to apply.

These trainings are designed to develop members’ hands-on product management skills and equip professionals with the best education and job-hunting strategies. Product Gym’s primary instructors are product management fanatics dedicated to sharing the best of their industry knowledge. Instructors hold senior product management positions at top tech companies such as Google, LinkedIn, and Spotify. Upon completion of Product Gym’s trainings, members will be awarded a Certificate of Product Management.

Recent Product Gym Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (382) reviews for Product Gym →

Recent Product Gym News

• Product Management

Product Management
      LocationOnline, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Austin, New York City
      Refund / GuaranteeConditional 30 day refund policy.
      ScholarshipConditional $500 scholarships. Contact us for more information.
      Minimum Skill Level3 years of professional experience. Product Management experience not required.
    • Michael • Applicant
      I successfully transition to product management from engineering background
      I enjoy the community that Product Gym creates, I'm still learning to these days
    • Nan • Graduate
      It's been a great honour to be part of the Product Gym community. I'm a big fan of what the founders said "This is Product Gym, not Product Spa". Honestly, I didn't quite understand the statement at the beginning, but now I believe it makes perfect sense, really!

As a Product Manager, we not only have to master the product knowledge and principles, but also we need to build the foundations of the product mindset. Indeed, helping professionals from various backgrounds build a solid product mindset is one of the key differentiators between Product Gym and other Product Management training programs. Once you've built the product mindset, it opens up a whole new outlook and keeps you motivated in the product world.

In fact, everyone is truly a Product Manager of your own and everyday you're building yourself as a "Product" along the journey of your life. You constantly experience the ups and downs, but meanwhile you work hard to be nimble and robust to reach your product goals at scale, which, I believe, is the most valuable lesson I have learned from Product Gym.

Thanks Rich, Cody, PG coaches and peers for all your help, support and encouragement! I was so lucky to have you all with me in my PG journey!
    • Product Gym
      - 5/15/2022
      Artur Gaca • Student
      Being a product manager already I had some initial reservations coming into Product Gym as I had been getting some interviews and was getting some interest, but after is when things really blew up. They really helped me nail down my messaging, revamp all my content, and ace the case study interview. You can honestly even get 10+ interviews a week and really find a job that you like and want rather than just what's there.

I cannot recommend them enough for anyone on the fence about whether the investment is worth it.
    • Allison • Graduate
      Going through this program gave me the knowledge and the confidence I needed to land a product manager role! Before starting Product Gym, I was in a dead end Administration position and incredibly burnt out, working such long hours for pay that I could barely survive on.
      In looking for a career that my skills could transfer into, I discovered product management.
      A really great thing about Product Gym is that they offer an initial discovery call where they meet with you, and talk about your background and skills and assess if you're a good match for the program before you're approved to sign up.
      The program is a treasure trove of all of the different aspects that you need to know about product management, all taught by different part-time instructors that are actively practicing their craft, and guidance/advice is available through coaches and some alumni that have made their way through this program.
      A few things to be keenly aware of:
      *This program doesn't work if you don't. Guidance for nearly every aspect or problem that you could think of is very accessible, but there is no hand holding involved.
      *Once you commit and start, don't stop. Momentum is everything in this program.
      *The founders and coaches within this program are rockstars, and they are incredibly candid with any and all direction and feedback.
    • Nahian Jahangir • Graduate
      The Product Gym gave me the motivation I needed to start the process of transitioning into a new product management role. I learned to push away my fear of rejection and approach the interview / application process with an analytical lens. The knowledge and confidence I've gained have not only improved my product management skills, but how I value myself as a professional.
    • Awesome Expereince
      - 4/20/2022
      Sonia E
      ProductGym is REALLY WORKS!! I had ZERO experience coming from Accounting background. Joining PG has been the best decision I made since I decided to change my career and move into product management. It has been less than 3 months since I started and I have an offer from a company I love.  Consistency is the key! PG curriculum is very well structured and offers great educational content and weekly classes led by industry professionals.
    • Brenton • Senior Product Owner • Graduate
      I joined this program to help me position myself in the American market, as I’ve recently moved to Austin, TX from NZ. Rich & Cody have pulled together some fantastic content and built a product community of like minded people in varying stages of their careers - there is something of value in here for everyone. Trust the process and the results will speak for themselves.
    • Trust the process
      - 3/18/2022
      Virat • Product Manager • Student
      I would recommend Product Gym to anyone who wants to transition into PM roles or look for new opportunities. Their process helped me apply confidently and land a job offer. They have great feedback mechanisms and an awesome community that helps you improve your interviewing skills as long as you put in the effort.
    • Nicole Lee • Product Manager • Student
      Prior to joining PG, I actually had a good conversion rate of applications to first and second round interviews. But I really struggled at converting second and above interviews to offers and was seeking help to tell my story effectively in interviews. I did a lot of research reading PG reviews for the past year and LinkedIn stalking graduates to verify claims before pulling the trigger. Once in the program I was pleased with the program’s amazing structure and community which seemed so supportive! The classes are recorded and great to listen through if you can’t attend live. I love that there’s a channel to see everyone’s progress from application to offer - it’s a big motivation to keep your momentum going. The biggest con to me was the branding phase. I could not pass because I fundamentally disagreed with the reviewers. I felt like they wanted me to fabricate parts of my story to fit their very narrow and generic resume template. I ended up getting offers through networking outside of PG. Overall I think the program does what it purports, which is to get its members offers. Is it worth the 6K I paid? Possibly if I can get to the interview coaching I actually need.
    • Sean Park • Student
      Product Gym is not just like any other program.
      It is filled with passionate leaders, who will push each other for the betterment of the community.
      From the warm welcomes, friendly encouragement, and valuable lessons, I cannot think of a better community.
      I whole heatedly encourage everyone to join this ever-growing community.
    • Jorene Lin • Graduate
      I was at a turning point in my career where I felt I needed to be challenged and be in an environment where I can move fast and see results. My first time going through the lessons was a breeze, because I really treated it as a gym where you go through the motions preached day in and day out by the coaches. I saw results a few months into the process, where the conversions from applications led to many rounds of interviews. That is when I learned that I must put in the reps and keep at it. This is not a simple bootcamp, especially when you’re in a non-tech role trying to transition to tech. What you are looking at is a bootcamp that will change your perspective and mindset on how you approach everything from making career changes to decisions about life. If you are dead set on making a positive change, then this is a program you should consider seriously.
    • Camil Lafreniere • Student
      Highly recommended, this is the real deal! In Product Gym they say, “this is a gym and not a spa”, it’s not going to be easy but anything worth getting takes work. You get what you put into it. The resources/knowledge available are outstanding, above and beyond what you could find any where else. You need to put in the time, the effort and be consistent through out the whole process (very much like the gym). The results will come, and it will pay dividends! I only wish I had done this sooner. The community is amazing and supportive, great coaches and knowledgeable instructors.