product-gym-logo

Product Gym

Austin, Los Angeles, New York City, Online, San Francisco

Product Gym

Product Gym is an exclusive membership association dedicated to the advancement of product managers, providing an exclusive community for networking, skills-building, and career acceleration. Located in New York City, Product Gym offers 30 - 45 hours of in-person instruction taught by a lead instructor and subject matter expert. Covering the product development lifecycle, from ideation to release and maintenance, members learn the skills needed to excel in product management. These trainings include learning how to create a product roadmap, conducting business and market analysis, defining an MVP, evaluating OKRs and KPIs, wireframing, prototype testing, and building stakeholder consensus.

The Product Gym community offers aspiring Product Managers multiple networking, career acceleration, and coaching development channels, all designed to help members and contribute to the community. Applicants do not need to have a base knowledge of product management as Product Gym teaches content to beginners. Professionals with at least 3+ years of relevant working experience looking to make a career transition are welcome to apply.

These trainings are designed to develop members’ hands-on product management skills and equip professionals with the best education and job-hunting strategies. Product Gym’s primary instructors are product management fanatics dedicated to sharing the best of their industry knowledge. Instructors hold senior product management positions at top tech companies such as Google, LinkedIn, and Spotify. Upon completion of Product Gym’s trainings, members will be awarded a Certificate of Product Management.

Recent Product Gym Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (382) reviews for Product Gym →

Recent Product Gym News

• Product Management

Product Management
      LocationOnline, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Austin, New York City
      Refund / GuaranteeConditional 30 day refund policy.
      ScholarshipConditional $500 scholarships. Contact us for more information.
      Minimum Skill Level3 years of professional experience. Product Management experience not required.
    • Andy  User Photo
      Andy • Senior PM • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I started Product Gym about a month into my current PM job search (while working full time).  The cumulative impact of the tools, techniques and lectures has 10x'd my productivity.  I've generated 55 interviews, 3 on-sites and 1 offer in 4 weeks.  During my last job search I had two years experience in product and generated 2 offers after three months recruiting full time.

The career coaching and job search components of this course made it well worth the investment for me.

- 4/30/2019
      Craig   User Photo
      Craig • Product Manager • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Product Gym was an integral part of my most recent job search. The feedback that Cody and Rich provided with respect to marketing myself as a PM and communicating like a PM was insightful, and I noticed immediate results after applying this feedback. The lecturers that spoke during the course were also among the best Product speakers that I've heard; not only did they provide helpful tips for answering interview questions, they also gave us great context and advice for how to think like PMs and approach problem solving on the job.

After 4 weeks in Product Gym, I had 2 job offers; don't think I could've done this on my own. Thanks guys!

• Atma  User Photo
      Atma • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I have been watching Rich’s content for months before I decided to reach out the Product Gym. After 15 minutes of actually being on the phone with him; I was sold. I was sold on the whole program because Product Gym gets it. Product Gym’s approach is to first increase the quantity of the interviews you are going on and then improve the quality (conversion ratio) of the interviews you are going on. In both regards Rich and Cody and the best of the best.

Why? Why I am raving about these guys? Its because Rich comes from a technical recruiting background. He has actually posted positions, sorted resumes, screen candidates, negotiated salaries. He has a disgustingly intimate understanding of how technical hiring works. You need a guy like that if you stand to land this job, because everybody else that I have spoken to in this field of product management has no clue how to land a job. I have seen the number of students that have taken jobs with Product Gym. They have something truly special here and it works.

• Marcos  User Photo
      Marcos • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

After finishing the course I was reached by 3 hiring managers for Product Management positions. The instructors were there to help me prep for the interviews( from the screening phone call, all the way up to the final rounds). The learning material and content published by Product Gym definitely helped me land a job as an Associate Product Manager for a growing company in the people’s workforce space.  In addition, my salary increased by more than ~100%!!!! (I was freelancing previous to this)

I would definitely recommend Product Gym to any of my colleagues trying to break into Product Management.

• Smitha Achar  User Photo
      Smitha Achar • Applicant Verified via LinkedIn

I was fortunate enough to meet Rich during one of the meet ups organized by Product Gym. To say he’s been an instrumental help in upgrading my resume, recommending me for product manager jobs, coaching me through every step of the way would be an understatement.

Within meeting him for the first time, I had already gotten interviews to 2 companies (within 2 days) which weren’t even happening for me before.  I also met a few people who he connected me with who have helped immensely to sharpen my focus on landing a PM job. They really do know what they are doing and I have also spoken with a few of the alumni who sing praises for Product Gym and how they have really helped them land the PM job they really wanted.

They focus on applying for jobs and generating interviews as much as possible because in the end, that’s what you really want right? To get a PM job as soon as you can. They value your time and teach you the essentials of what you will incur in your experience as a PM. I would really recommend them if your looking for a PM job. It will definitely shorten the time that you spend because the advice that they give you is gold and works out here in the world.

Just go for it! Don’t waste time cause you’ve already missed a few opportunities reading my review!

- 6/27/2022
      Melissa Ulcena • Graduate
      Product Gym has truly changed the trajectory of my life. The support, guidance and motivation from the PG staff and community has been tremendous and proves that the learning materials and course ideologies are truly the foundation for member success. I’m grateful for the opportunity to learn from Rich and Cody and couldn’t have gotten this far without them!
    • Neha Patil • Graduate

Product Gym is a very valuable program. It is total value for money, though the initial investment may seem high but landing job offers with much higher salaries helps achieve a high ROI. It offers one thing that other places miss - a focus on mindset to get through the tough journey of learning new skills and landing lucrative jobs. Along with the great coursework, awesome community, and super helpful staff, Product Gym made me feel fully equipped to start interviewing. With their approach, I was doing 6-7 interviews per week and landed an offer and more final rounds set up. I feel very grateful for all the direction and support.

- 6/21/2022
      Elysse • Product Manager • Graduate
      Product Gym offers one thing that other places miss - a focus on mindset. Prior to joining Product Gym, I had been apologizing for my “lack of direct product experience” and hoping hiring managers would “take a risk on me”. After joining Product Gym, I began to understand that no one needed to take a risk on me because I already had the skills and tools I needed to a great product manager - I just needed to recognize that before others could.

This shift entirely changed the way I approached my resume, my interviews, and my overall attitude to the job search process. Along with the great coursework, awesome community, and super helpful staff, Product Gym made me feel fully equipped to land my first official Product Manager role at an awesome company, making more money than I ever thought I would!
    • Kristy Tan
      Before joining Product Gym, I was lost. My experience was all over the place, I was applying for different kinds of positions to see what is out there and never really got past recruiter rounds. I read about Product Managers and really like what I saw, so I decided to give PG a try after reading all these great reviews, and I can only say – WHY DIDN’T I JOIN EARLIER!

The whole process is not easy. You will need to put in the work and hours. You will want to learn, especially if you have never been a product manager before. You will need to get used to rejections. I’ll have to say this though, I used to beat myself up with every rejection, but with PG’s process, I didn't really have the time to sulk!

I definitely learned a lot about product management as I went through the program and really appreciate the support that is there, not only from the PG team, but also the other folks that are in the program as well.

If you are contemplating whether to join, just do it!

• Kinshuk Srivastava • Graduate
      I joined Product Gym after getting disappointed and wasting my money on Product School. The approach that Rich and Cody take to help people to get their first product management job is practical & effective. The entire curriculum is based on the learning and implemented immediately model which is different from other providers where you have to go through the whole curriculum first and then career-related services come into the picture. According to me the best part of Product Gym is lifelong access to materials and community. I always recommend product gym to people looking to start their career in Product Management.
    • Pramod A • Student
      PG is simply at another level of its understanding about the hiring process. They know the exact process to get you hired and perform well as a PM. The process is tough and demands a lot of hard work and dedication.

However, if you put the hard work as expected in the 'GYM' as it is referred to, you will get the results. The program is structured really well to pay attention to every minute detail that goes into the job search. The course structure is good enough for you to learn the concepts and enable the candidate to not just land and offer but to do well in the role.

Only con: Sometimes you feel lost in first 2-3 weeks about the next steps. A little more interaction would help in that phase. Although after that you are on cruise control :)

Keep up the good work PG team!

- 5/31/2022
      Chris • Student
      Product gym was absolutely worth it. They taught you the fundamentals of becoming a product manager alongside a community, coaches, and classes. What more can you ask for? Thank you product gym so much for instilling a belief in me that I can become a product manager!