product-gym-logo

Product Gym

Product Gym

Product Gym is an exclusive membership association dedicated to the advancement of product managers, providing an exclusive community for networking, skills-building, and career acceleration. Located in New York City, Product Gym offers 30 - 45 hours of in-person instruction taught by a lead instructor and subject matter expert. Covering the product development lifecycle, from ideation to release and maintenance, members learn the skills needed to excel in product management. These trainings include learning how to create a product roadmap, conducting business and market analysis, defining an MVP, evaluating OKRs and KPIs, wireframing, prototype testing, and building stakeholder consensus.

The Product Gym community offers aspiring Product Managers multiple networking, career acceleration, and coaching development channels, all designed to help members and contribute to the community. Applicants do not need to have a base knowledge of product management as Product Gym teaches content to beginners. Professionals with at least 3+ years of relevant working experience looking to make a career transition are welcome to apply.

These trainings are designed to develop members’ hands-on product management skills and equip professionals with the best education and job-hunting strategies. Product Gym’s primary instructors are product management fanatics dedicated to sharing the best of their industry knowledge. Instructors hold senior product management positions at top tech companies such as Google, LinkedIn, and Spotify. Upon completion of Product Gym’s trainings, members will be awarded a Certificate of Product Management.

Recent Product Gym Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (386) reviews for Product Gym →

Recent Product Gym News

• Product Management

Product Management
      Our Product Management career community membership gives you access to our 20+ live and recorded classes. Members also receive access to our suite of career services including resume, interview, case study and negotiation coaching, together with our tested job search strategy and supportive community.
      Refund / GuaranteeConditional 30 day refund policy.
      Minimum Skill Level3 years of professional experience. Product Management experience not required.
      Interviewing for product management interviews is a grueling process. Product Gym does a good job of keeping you motivated and adhering to a schedule so you keep applying.
    • Anonymous • Product Manager • Graduate
      I love Product Gym. It has been the biggest motivation for me to get what I needed to since a long time.
    • Anonymous • Product Manager • Student
      I have always been good at making quick decisions. That being said, it took me only 4 days to decide to join the program and it took me around 5 weeks to land a dream offer. I am proud of myself for this wise investment decision.

When I first attended the webinar given by Rich. I was half convinced by what he said but I didn't fully understand how this program would be different from googling by myself. However, my gut told me this was the way to go. Upon signup, I found the answer. First, the coaches are super helpful, patient, knowledgeable and supportive! A big shout-out to Oliver. He hosts coaching calls twice a week and simply answers any question you may have for interviews. Whenever I have difficulties in drafting an appealing story for behavioral questions, I go to him. 80% of the questions you get from PM interviews are behavioral questions. Getting those details of past experiences ironed out goes a long way. Second, all the classes are extremely informative and job oriented. It's a challenge to strike a balance between job support and education support for many programs like this. I think Product Gym does a good job! Every class allocates a significant amount of time to cover job hunt topics, which are our main pain points. Third, the community support you receive here is unparalleled. We have different channels to share the progress of application, interview or case study. All the members are so nice to help each other out and share useful resources. I make friends here who share the same passion and dedication to the product management career. I feel a sense of belonging every time I come to the class. Last but not least, all the staff work incredibly hard to support you. Thank you Tom, Cody, Rich, Raymond! You guys have been amazing!

• Product Management
      - 2/24/2020
      Switching to PM job is hard, and Product Gym prepares you for the best! Coming from consulting, it was tricky understanding the interview structure and making sure you have your stories tied together. PG helped me to understand the fundamentals of the role and prepare myself. I would have not imagined myself getting an offer in 6 weeks.
      It is an exhausting process until you get your dream job, but they stick with you throughout the process. What makes it really work - is the system and the environment they have built around it. They really focus on you landing the job unlike other bootcamps. They helped me change my outlook towards the interview process. Rich and Cody take great interest in how you are prepping for your role and help you at all the stages! This program is a MUST!
      I was really struggling taking the next step in my product manager career when I discovered Product Gym. I  interviewed for a lot of product roles in the past, however was not able to convert those interviews into offers.  I had studied on my own, joined product communities as well as read many product manager interview books, however none of these produced results.

When I started Product Gym, I was nervous that this approach would not work either, however I was wrong. They really set you up for success for every step of the product manager interview process, giving you the tools and support you need. This includes resume optimization, FAQs, and even how to build confidence (this was a big one for me). Product Management interviewing is a journey and they provided me with the stamina I needed.  Through this process I have interviewed with companies that I never thought would be options and ultimately landed a job offer that was better than I could have imagined. I am very excited to start my new journey.

Thank you Rich, Cody and the entire team!
    • Product Manager
      - 12/16/2019
      Anonymous • Product Manager • Student

Even though I already was a Product Manager at my current role, I never had to interview for the job.  Trying to change jobs, for over a year, I was bombing every single second round interview.  My pitch was not conveying my experience, and I was interviewing so rarely that it was hard to understand where I was making a mistake. The second week at Product Gym I had 5  interviews lined up, and 8 weeks later I had and offer.  I was able to build up my confidence by interviewing and improving constantly.  At the same time, attending Product Gym classes I was filling in my Product Management knowledge gaps, I started to speak, think and walk like PM.  Rich, Cody and PG instructors are so open to share knowledge and so eager to help you achieve your goal of finding the right PM role for you.  That being said, nobody will do the work for you.  It is hard and painful, but in the process you’ll get the training and backbone to become a better Product Manager.. and that is the point!

- 11/12/2019

Being part of Product Gym was a great experience. Rich, Cody, and the PG team created a unique program, where students simultaneously learn Product Management fundamentals from experienced instructors, and receive comprehensive, hands-on support with their own job search. If you want to break into Product Management, or just level up your career, look no further than Product Gym!

• It’s worth it
      - 10/13/2019

Out of all the programs that I’ve taken before, this is by far the best. Rich, Cody, and the team really care about all their students and do their best to help you get the job. Can it be rough sometimes? Yes. Is it easy? No. But if you’re willing to put in the work and follow their process, you will get the job. What I like the most about this program is that they literally walk you through every part of the process and are there to help you and answer any questions. There is no extra fee for coaching or anything stupid like that. Once you sign up for the program, they will do their part in helping you. Also, when I was first considering this program and comparing it to others like General Assembly, I liked that this one actually helps you get the job which is why I signed up. But it’s important to remember that it’s not just job search help, they also teach you all the fundamentals of product management that you need to know to do the job well once you’re hired.

Product Gym helped me get an offer in Product Management in under 2 months by reshaping my experience and teaching how to get 12 interviews a week. I was skeptical at the beginning but you can’t beat results. Rich and Cody know their job and are determined to help each and every one. They know what PMs need and how recruiting works. I would definitely recommend PG for everyone who wants to make a career change or get a better PM job.

• Anonymous • Analyst • Graduate

This is a long due review that I personally felt the need to write. I met Rich at one of his events where he introduced the pm career. Shortly after the event we had our consultation call and I was convinced that Rich is the kind of person I needed to make the biggest jump in my career.

Here’s a little bit about me – me before Product Gym. I worked for a big bank as an Equity Analyst with a degree in finance and absolutely had no knowledge of anything technical or managerial. I wanted to get into the tech scene and have a job that would grow me and give me the opportunity to make my voice heard. I knew what I wanted but I didn’t know where to start and here’s where Rich and the PG community stepped in.

After sharing these concerns, Rich told me to attend a full day of class for free (!) and observe the level of knowledge I gained in a day. He was right; 6 hours of class and I was basically halfway through a traditional MBA curriculum. I attended Allison Whaley’s “Product Marketing vs. Product” class and was so inspired to see that I could become a kick-ass woman like her one day if I put in the hard work and showed dedication. After the course, I enrolled in the program. Along with the great content, I also learned how to apply, how to get more interviews and how to DOMINATE those interviews. The first few weeks were tough but after that initial period, you gain incredible momentum. The PG community, which consists of PG members who have either graduated the program and now are in PM roles or people who are in the process of interviewing and job hunting, keep you motivated 24/7. Nobody leaves this program without a pm job and this community empowers you to reach your goals. I gained very valuable knowledge about interviewing, company specifics as well as very specialized technical information as there was always someone to answer my questions. Trust me, Product Gym is an MBA and a Master’s Degree on steroids!

Two months after this marathon, I finally landed a pm job at a fast-growing company and said goodbye forever to my corporate job. I am extremely thankful that I now work at a role where the work I do has an impact and my opinions are valued. The PG community has been giving me the strength to put myself out there and to fight for the career that I dreamt of. So do yourself a favor and instead of incurring debt in pursuit of a nonsense MBA or a Master’s Degree, join the Product Gym community today. You’ll NOT REGRET IT!

I now manage a team of ten (I initially was managing three engineers) and just negotiated a raise and a new title. None of this would have been possible if I got stuck in my old career and didn’t meet with Rich.

• Anonymous • Registered Nurse • Graduate

I just want to start off by saying THANK YOU to Rich, Cody, and everybody else at Product Gym!! I went from an RN who sadly wasn’t making as much as I would’ve like to landing Product Manager offers of almost TWICE my old salary. A friend of mine got a recent job as a PM after attending Product Gym, and I asked her how the bootcamp was. She actually recommended the bootcamp to me, because she thought I would like Product Management. So, I went to go look at what Product Management was, and it sounded interesting. So I figured changing my career, and I enrolled in Product Gym. Rich was a bit harsh, but I could tell the things he said were definitely truthful and he KNEW what he was talking about. Not THINK, but KNEW what he was saying. Cody was amazingly helpful, and helped me land interviews, and work on my resume. I didn’t even know my resume needed so much improvements until they told me about all of my flaws, and the stuff that I could and should add. Anyways, I couldn’t have landed my current PM job if it weren’t for the great coaches Rich and Cody, and everyone else at Product Gym!!

• Anonymous • Product Manager • Graduate

I was hesitant to spend my money on a bootcamp where I wasn't even sure if I was going to get a return. But I've been applying non-stop and haven't heard back from anywhere at all. And the places that did an interview with did not last past the third round interview. So I decided to take the risk and signed up for Product Gym. Right on the first day, they fixed my resume cover letter and linkedin for me. They gave me the support and knowledge I needed to continue applying to more positions and eventually pass the interviews. All I can say is that there is no need to be hesitant with this bootcamp. The only thing you need to do is listen to their instructions and advice and you will land that job.