product-gym-logo

Product Gym

Product Gym

Product Gym is an exclusive membership association dedicated to the advancement of product managers, providing an exclusive community for networking, skills-building, and career acceleration. Located in New York City, Product Gym offers 30 - 45 hours of in-person instruction taught by a lead instructor and subject matter expert. Covering the product development lifecycle, from ideation to release and maintenance, members learn the skills needed to excel in product management. These trainings include learning how to create a product roadmap, conducting business and market analysis, defining an MVP, evaluating OKRs and KPIs, wireframing, prototype testing, and building stakeholder consensus.

The Product Gym community offers aspiring Product Managers multiple networking, career acceleration, and coaching development channels, all designed to help members and contribute to the community. Applicants do not need to have a base knowledge of product management as Product Gym teaches content to beginners. Professionals with at least 3+ years of relevant working experience looking to make a career transition are welcome to apply.

These trainings are designed to develop members’ hands-on product management skills and equip professionals with the best education and job-hunting strategies. Product Gym’s primary instructors are product management fanatics dedicated to sharing the best of their industry knowledge. Instructors hold senior product management positions at top tech companies such as Google, LinkedIn, and Spotify. Upon completion of Product Gym’s trainings, members will be awarded a Certificate of Product Management.

Recent Product Gym Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (386) reviews for Product Gym →

Recent Product Gym News

• Product Management

Product Management
      Our Product Management career community membership gives you access to our 20+ live and recorded classes. Members also receive access to our suite of career services including resume, interview, case study and negotiation coaching, together with our tested job search strategy and supportive community.
      Refund / GuaranteeConditional 30 day refund policy.
      Minimum Skill Level3 years of professional experience. Product Management experience not required.
      If you're looking to transition into product management, this is the best option.  I also attended Product School and feel that the curriculum and job support are more robust at Product Gym.  The support you receive from re-branding your resume throughout the interview process is unmatched.
      Let's be honest - breaking into product management isn't easy. Product Gym provides a no-nonsense program that encompasses all facets needed to help you make the transition - from resume/cover letter help, thorough interview prep, and online classes taught by Product experts to train you how to speak the language of a PM. Within my first month of joining PG, I already had a new resume/cover letter and was receiving interview invites from over 10 new companies per week. If you're looking for tactical strategies to break into product management, while surrounding yourself with a community of other likeminded individuals, then definitely consider joining Product Gym.
    • Product Manager
      - 7/9/2020
      I'm so glad I joined Product Gym! Their instructors provide fantastic lessons on a variety of topics that a product manager could encounter. Cody and Rich are both hilarious and incredibly supportive, often going out of their way to make sure I have my questions answered. My favorite part of the program has been the community/ fellow students. Everyone is so incredibly kind and generous with their knowledge.
      Joining Product Gym was the absolute best decision I made in my professional career. Biggest pros are really the community they have built, the classes/content, and the outstanding support from the PG coaches for anything Product related. The content is curated around a PM role and instructors are talking not just about concepts but real world examples and in that way PG is better than any stand alone course, or even college curriculum. The PG coaches provide really valuable mentorship and help to a great degree navigate job search. I do not come from a tech background and was a big skeptic when I first joined but with every session/class I developed newer perspectives to the Product Manager role, gained confidence and made use of the awesome community within the PG environment. Above all, they provide a realistic approach to Product job search that if diligently followed will ONLY lead to success, even in this economic climate. I initially thought they were a tad expensive, but PG is worth the investment.
      Rich, Cody and other instructors work so hard with you to teach you about the PM role and land a job. They are always upbeat and tell you the brutal truth.

They don't just teach you different topics of a PM job in curriculum, they help you resume writing, interview prep, teach you to deal with each and every nuances. Industry leaders will give you advice and their advice is brutally honest, one of my favorite thing about PG. One of the biggest problem with job search "how to sell yourself", these guys will evaluate you and tell you to re frame your language and conversational. Help you ask better questions.

Classes are given by PM/Entrepreneurs who are actually working in the field on variety of topics including(UX, technical PM, product discovery, marketing, A/B testing, etc.) and you can always come back to look at lectures. It's grueling and hard work is required on your part, especially if you don't have a PM background or "MBA". But PG does help you transition into PM role even without it.

• my experience
      - 6/17/2020
      Expensive, but I think it's worth it if you need help with your process.
      The speakers and instructors are very professional and the focus on the job hunting process is VERY valuable (honestly, I think they do it the best out of all the other options).
    • Product Manager
      - 6/16/2020
      Product Gym has been one of the absolute best investments I've made in my career. The team has so much knowledge to share and incredible resources that helped me understand how to approach these interviews and land a job. I was skeptical when I first learned about the program but now I just wish I had joined sooner.

If you are looking for a way to up your game and get into PM positions, JOIN PRODUCT GYM!
    • Anonymous • Product Manager • Student
      While expensive, the ISA program allowed me to go from laid off due to Covid to negotiating a 100% remote offer in a month. It's hard work, but paid off. Excellent prep for interviews.  Frank real talk and support about the offers and the state of the market.   Being able to attend both the zoom classes AND access previous sessions at anytime was really helpful in interviewing.
       This course is essential for landing a PM role in today’s environment, especially if you are attempting to make a career switch from a different field. Rich and Cody have the process down to a science and the PG team is committed to your success. The resume re-branding and application strategy gets you more interviews than you know what to do with and provides structure to the rigorous process of getting a job. You learn to frame your skillset and experiences in product management terms for the sole purpose of nailing interviews.

Classes given by industry PMs help you become fluent in modern software development and the various topics of product management (data science, UX design, marketing, etc). The cohort groups provide a supportive community, and it’s awesome that everybody collaborates with interview prep and case studies.

It’s a no-BS course that is definitely worth it if you put in the work and follow the process!
      I joined Product Gym (PG) in February and received my first Product Manager offer in May. This was not possible without PG. Through its workshops, consultations, and community, I began to think and talk like a Product Manager - which is all it takes to become a Product Manager.

PG taught me not only about Product Management but specifically how to interview excellently. Being a Product Manager and interviewing well are two completely different skillsets, and PG teaches both really well.

The best thing about PG is that I built a network of friends and mentors who motivated me to grow during this difficult time when job search seems impossible due to COVID-19.

The only con is that it does require commitment and proactiveness to fully leverage all the resources and opportunities provided by the PG.
    • Anonymous • Product Manager • Student
      I'm a great PM and I also thought I was a great interviewer. After a few final rounds that didn't go my way Product Gym identified and solved my problem, quantity. During every interview process I had beforehand I knew all my eggs were in one basket, if I didn't land that job I was back to square one.

With PG consistently had a number of interview, this took off the pressure in having the preform each time (which I did once the pressure was off). They also gave me a step by step guide in how to land the offer, email templates, exactly how to answer specific questions, they know what make companies tick.

I not only was able to land the offer but also learned a skillset that I'll be using many times in the future. I'm confident I'll always be able to land a new role when I'm ready for a switch.
      Good for aspiring product managers. Interviewing for product manager jobs is a grueling process, and Product Gym provides a support structure and helps you stay motivated.